DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

its pretty much the same as fimming, but with fimming you actually cut the top set of leaves in half, well when i just want to slow upwards growth i just remove the top set of fan leaves, not the new set growing through but the ones that have a stem of an inch or similar, cut these top leaves off and that stem will stop upwards growth for a few days, as all the branches below have got all their leaves then they grow as normal, so they catch up and help fill the plant out.

it allows you to keep the plant in the shape of a plant with 1 main cola but then the branches below end up been decent sized as well, you could also take it further and keep removing the top set of fan leaves each time they grow out and this will leave you with a nice bushy plant, its just i always wondered why fim worked so well at producing many tops, and i soon found out it was due to the fim method stopping upward growth for a short period allowing the node dirrectly below to become the new top and thats how you get many tops, but my aproach is not as heavy and just allows the rest of the plant to catch up. so ive had plants in the past which grow like crazy and branches just keep getting longer without much node growth, so removing fan leave stops the branches growing and allows the nodes to grow without stressing the plant to much,

i wouldnt use it on autos but sativas and sativa dominant strains i use it on, helps keep the plant under control, or if i have a few plants that have an even canopy and another plant is getting taller than the others, then i remove the leaves and it slows it down and keeps the canopy even, ive also found that this method also keeps node spacing very tight, as upwards growth slows then nodes are closer together

half or more is good i find this early on, ones the plants bigger you can fim a bit harsher to try and get more than 4 main tops, thieirs just not much node growth at this stage so i dont think it would make much difference, if it was in rapid growth then it might not be enough due to how quick its growing, but if thats the case then you can always trim some more off,

its a good learning curve, at least you can see how the plant responds and how it affects the growth, i didnt want to do anything to mine when i first started growing, was to worried i was going to balls something up, but as alwats the people in the know was right and the plants bouned back, much to be delight.

I read leave 20% but supercropping will also allow the other branches to catch up:thumb:

Hey guy's, so I have been really thinking about any heating ramifications with adding this 400 watt dimmable grow light to my tent. I wanted to remind everyone that my tent in inches and cm for my Euro and Canadian friends are 62" X 36" X 20" or 157.48 cm X 91.44 cm X 50.8 cm. Now I can't do anything directly about cooling until next month when I have more money, but even then I need to prepare for winter by buying propane and diesel for heat as well. If I were to get an inline fan, it would have to be quiet and I don't know if I could effectively vent it outside. I imagine it would also be smart to get a filter to get rid of any potential problems of odor. Any advice, suggestions on what you have or use. My light will be in a cool tube. Apollo Horticulture GLK400CT24E 400 Watt Grow Light
is the light set up I purchased. Thanks for your help.

Hey guy's, so I have been really thinking about any heating ramifications with adding this 400 watt dimmable grow light to my tent. I wanted to remind everyone that my tent in inches and cm for my Euro and Canadian friends are 62" X 36" X 20" or 157.48 cm X 91.44 cm X 50.8 cm. Now I can't do anything directly about cooling until next month when I have more money, but even then I need to prepare for winter by buying propane and diesel for heat as well. If I were to get an inline fan, it would have to be quiet and I don't know if I could effectively vent it outside. I imagine it would also be smart to get a filter to get rid of any potential problems of odor. Any advice, suggestions on what you have or use. My light will be in a cool tube. Apollo Horticulture GLK400CT24E 400 Watt Grow Light is the light set up I purchased. Thanks for your help.

haha!, you fimmed that plant! F'n good job! Let that plant grow now! I have some ideas jeff for your cooling...........odor may or may not be a concern. This may seem random, but it's not, do you have skunks roaming about the immediate area? A good method to judge odor is to simply go outside and sniff around......jeff, your senses must be very keen from what I know of you....you are alive. I know that an old school trick is to find a roadkill skunk and put it in the road near your shit. A lot depends on how aromatic your strain is.........you have a while before odor will come into play, and I'm going to look at some fans..........that light is known to be fairly cool. Your fimming is not just going to effect the immediate area next to the shoot you pinched...........the whole plant will react and put forth more energy to branching!

Jeff, how big are the vents on your tent? It seems as if you said the tent is in close proximity to a water heater, what size is the pipe that goes up from the water heater?

They are 4" vent's on the tent. The ducting that is in the space that I could use, is for the fart fan from the bathroom to the outside. I don't know that negative pressure would just blow the air into the bathroom. I sure as hell don't want to use more electricity having to run the fan in the bathroom so the air coming from the tent goes outside! The fart fan is loud too!

They are 4" vent's on the tent. The ducting that is in the space that I could use, is for the fart fan from the bathroom to the outside. I don't know that negative pressure would just blow the air into the bathroom. I sure as hell don't want to use more electricity having to run the fan in the bathroom so the air coming from the tent goes outside! The fart fan is loud too!

The fans are really economic....I'm lookin. Why not disconnect the fart fan, put a 4" fan on the exhaust of the cool tube and vent it out the fart vent? That 4" fan wont make any noise....very little, then, if you decide to put a charcoal filter to work you can just connect it to the intake on the other end of the cool tube? I said before I know a guy who runs a 400 with NO vent or cooling, so it won't require a huge amount of flow. Take a look at prevailing winds and see where the smell will go.

Jeff, check out the Soler & Palau fans. I bought a 100 CFM model and I really like it - nice and quiet, and reasonable priced.

:thumb:

good weed Nephew:)

Good Weed Uncle and all my friends, had a late start today. Trying to run a veg timer by alarm clock is exhausting. This morning at 4 am I just got up tried to stay awake and sleep took over lol!

turn it on when you wake turn it off when your done:)

you should be ok with winter temps, the light should keep the grow space nice and warm, i run no inlet or exhuast as its just not possible at the moment but i have 12v fans inside the room moving air around, i sometimes have a desk fan running outside the room on a chair blowing cool air in if the temps get to hot, but in the winter i can have the door closed and temps dont get to high as long as the temp in the main room where the cupboard is is cool,

hot temps are more of an issue as its harder to keep a room cool than it is to keep a room warm, but their is the smell when you dont run exhaust fans and filters,

you should be ok with winter temps, the light should keep the grow space nice and warm, i run no inlet or exhuast as its just not possible at the moment but i have 12v fans inside the room moving air around, i sometimes have a desk fan running outside the room on a chair blowing cool air in if the temps get to hot, but in the winter i can have the door closed and temps dont get to high as long as the temp in the main room where the cupboard is is cool,

hot temps are more of an issue as its harder to keep a room cool than it is to keep a room warm, but their is the smell when you dont run exhaust fans and filters,

Yeah, I keep forgetting to point that out to you, too, Jeff - a 400 watt heater is a good thing in your climate. But as I was wondering why you don't see it that way, it occurred to me that your electric rates might be sky high, and your landlord would be irritated because of that. I owned a rental for awhile where I paid electric but not heat, and I wouldn't have been amused.

really i could do with a cool hood or cool tube during summer months to help lower the temps, this would mean id have to buy a squirel fan and some ducting, but in the winter the light is plenty to keep the grow space at the perfect temp, its just the summer when i suffer with the temps hopefully the weather will start cooling down over the next month and my plants will benefit from having the light a lot closer,

Hello Everyone, and good weed day to all my friends. I hope this day finds everyone well.

I have my lovely Lady Galadriel WW Auto on Day 17. August 03 she was transplanted and given a gallon of water mixed with 2 Tablespoons of worm tea. She has been Given nothing since.
IMG_014729.JPG

I also wanted to show that Lady Galadriel has two leaves that are burned at the tips. I find it hard to beleive it's nute burn, could it be she needs water now 5 days later?
IMG_014932.JPG

Then We have our friend Gimli my Silver LA who is doing awesome on Day 12. I am thinking of transplanting him either tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday I gave him a cup of water from a gallon that I mixed with one teaspoon of FF Grow Big, which is a half to a third of recommended dosage. Also in that gallon I put one tablespoon of FF Big Bloom, which is one quarter of recommended dosage. Now though I gave her a cup 8 oz. yesyerday, when I transplant her, I will add 2 tablespoons of worm tea and give her the whole gallon since she will be going in a 5 gallon bag.
Well here is Gimli!
IMG_014835.JPG

Lookin good Jeff! That white widow is looking awesome. Pick the bag up. If its still heavy. Don't water. If its light and the leaves look droopy, then water. My guess is it could go another couple days at least. Sometimes the lower leaves will have burnt tips if they are in contact with moist soil. She looks very healthy.

Your LA looks great as well. When is the new light due to get there?

Back
Top Bottom