Dick23rk's 2nd Journal - Miscellaneous Crop King Seeds Adventures

Those are nice lights..I was looking at them...here in the states there only $239.00 with free shipping on ebay.. sure it will work well for you..cant wait to watch..

That light looks sweet! Excited to see it in action!
Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I know hey, I'm getting pumped to get it, even if there isn't any plants under it right away haha

Those are nice lights..I was looking at them...here in the states there only $239.00 with free shipping on ebay.. sure it will work well for you..cant wait to watch..

Sure are, it was a toss up between this one, mars reflector 192, and a bossled dominator 6x200w cob panel.. Was a hard decision haha That's a good price even with the exchange rate, I find a lot of products are cheaper in the states compared to canada but sometimes just getting things across the border can be a hassle so I don't bother or you have to pay duty fees and more taxes. This panel I ordered is actually coming from a warehouse in ontario, even my perlite is coming from there so it's a win-win situation :)

Oh I'm no stranger to prices in the great white north..have friends that live there..
Funny they always want butter when I come up..and I want bacon when they come down... Mmmm
Love that stuff..

Oh I'm no stranger to prices in the great white north..have friends that live there..
Funny they always want butter when I come up..and I want bacon when they come down... Mmmm
Love that stuff..

Real butter?? lol We can get it here but it's expensive. Is your bacon not as good as yours? haha You should be getting them to bring you a poutine or something lol

Hey hey! Just Subbed up too your journal, excited to see what's happening. I'll get myself caught up with what's going on as soon as I can ;)!

Right on TerpKing, glad you could make it over to the garden! Will get a little update done later today as well. Gals are liking their new living space and the HPS light so far.

**Quick Update**

Hey everyone, just stopping in with a quick update and some pictures. Not a lot happening yet, I did get the plants moved into the room though and under the HPS with a couple T5's for side lighting. This is all still temporary until we get things all cleaned up finished building.. I am still working on that diagram here and there, I should have it posted up next update. I haven't taken any pictures of the room yet, I will soon though for the big unveiling :) So, here are some pics of the gals resting nicely under the lights after a long day of sunbathing..

**Pics are just quick shots and not singled out like normal, didn't have much time to do everything I needed to..

SAM_44441.JPG
SAM_4445.JPG

In these 2 pictures the plants are as as follows.. Purple Kush on top, bottom left is TrainWreck #2 and bottom right is Revolver #1.. 2nd picture we have CB Dream up top and Revolver #2 on bottom.

SAM_44481.JPG
SAM_4449.JPG

Thanks all for stopping by once again, next update will be more full and hopefully will have the room all cleaned up and ready to go. Maybe I will also have my new arrivals by then, we will see :) Take care all!

Well, I finally finished it up.. This is pretty much how the new room is going to be laid out, gives you a pretty good idea. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please feel free to comment :) Always looking for other ways to improve and do things.

room9.png

**Update Time**

Well, another long day down.. Didn't have to work today so I got some things done inside the house and out today, was decent outside but the cold is coming next week! Also got the new grow room cleaned up some and vacuumed, got some light at my work area and a small table for now until I get a bench built haha, needed somewhere to take decent pictures for the time being.

Can't wait for my packages to arrive this week, it's just like Christmas has come early lol Light panel and thermo/hygrometers are in the city now, could be here tomorrow but it's saying Wednesday. Perlite is still saying it will be in on Thursday.. So anxious lol

So lets get on with this update.. got some better pictures for you all this time. Will soon put up a back drop to make them look nice :)

**Photo's**

CB Dream
Day - 45
SAM_44501.JPG
SAM_4452.JPG

Purple Kush
Day - 45
SAM_4453.JPG
SAM_44541.JPG
SAM_4455.JPG

**CB Dream is still a nice healthy green but was looking for a drink tonight.. Purple Kush was also starting to look slightly droopy so both of them a drink of plain RO water this time around. CB Dream has its 3rd nodes at the tops now so it may be time to top the tops.. I will be taking the lower shoots from her and would like to try my hand at cloning.. Anyone have any home remedies for cloning without rooting gel or powder? I plan to place them in rockwool cubes and then inside blown up plastic bags. Also, Purple Kush is showing some rusty spots on a couple of the lower leaves, these didn't look like the typical signs of calcium deficiency so I thought I would throw the picture up and ask what you all thought about it. Any ideas?

**Auto's**

Train Wreck #2
Day - 41
SAM_4456.JPG
SAM_4457.JPG

Revolver #1
Day - 41
SAM_4458.JPG
SAM_4459.JPG

Revolver #2
Day - 40
SAM_4461.JPG
SAM_4462.JPG

**Train Wreck is still showing them clawed leaves some but she is certainly growing in the flower stretch now along with the other 2 Revolvers. The whole growth process has kind of gone slow compared to the last auto's in hempy buckets, will be nice to get back to doing those, will have to pick up some 3 gallon buckets next. Otherwise the auto's are pretty healthy, especially the Revolvers, I guess that it 1 thing I can be happy about.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by, now that I'm a little more organized around here I should be able to make some normal updates. Onward and upward! Take care all! :thanks:

Looks good to me my man..nice..

Thanks brother, hope it helps out my growing experience, still waiting to purchase exhaust fans. Time to get some big plants growing :)

Nice work dick. Now you can have a perpetual garden going if you want. In my old grow back in the day it took a year to get the timing right to get a line of soldiers[colas] coming off every month, but worth the labor of luv. Find a great mother plant and your set.:cheer:

That's the plan to get something more perpetual going here, just a matter of waiting on my supplies to get things going again. Not starting any more plants until I know I got what I need. There are still a few things on the shopping list though that I need. I would like to find a couple of mother plants of strains that I really like but I also like the challenges of growing different strains at once. I plan on saving 1 or 2 seeds of each strain for that purpose though, I only order 5 packs lol

**IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!**

Hey again everyone, today is the day! The new LED panel has arrived. I know this is my first panel so I don't have anything to compare to, but damn is this thing ever bright! I turned it on in the kitchen first to make sure everything functioned before temporarily hanging it in it's room and it was blinding at first cause I wasn't expecting that intensity. Once I got it down into the flowering room I hung it just by the cables provided, so it's sitting at about 6 feet high in the pictures that are coming. I will have to find some chain to hook the cables to so I can adjust the height as needed and try to get it hanging more evenly.. The cables came with 2 clips but it seems to want to hang lop sided atm. Will get that fixed up sometime soon and see how the footprint looks hanging a few feet lower. Here are some pictures for now though, enjoy!!

SAM_44631.JPG
SAM_4464.JPG
SAM_4470.JPG
SAM_4468.JPG
SAM_4465.JPG

And here I will show you the different switches in action for just veg, just flower and full spectrum.. (in that order)

SAM_4473.JPG
SAM_4472.JPG
SAM_4467.JPG

This light panel really makes me want to use it right away.. I bet it would do amazing in the veg side of the room but it's hard to really decide, I would only have my 430W HPS and T5's for flower then.. I don't have anything on the flower side yet, I could throw my photo period plants over there for time being and leave the light on 18 hours until they are ready to flip along with some new ones eventually. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, always open to ideas. I will be popping more seeds by the weekend to start filling things up some. Thanks all for coming by!

Hey dick, hope all is well. Finally all caught up with your journal now I found some time.

Just wanted to say congratulations on the new addition to your family. I wasn't around at the time to say so, so I wanted to do that now!

The new grow room you're building down in the basement look awesome from the diagram you've drawn up, can't wait to see it all finished. The new LED light looks awesome. I love the purple glow the LED lights give off, looks so pretty lol. Looking forward to getting to see you flower something under them for sure :).

Hey dick, hope all is well. Finally all caught up with your journal now I found some time.

Just wanted to say congratulations on the new addition to your family. I wasn't around at the time to say so, so I wanted to do that now!

The new grow room you're building down in the basement look awesome from the diagram you've drawn up, can't wait to see it all finished. The new LED light looks awesome.

Thanks a lot TK, I appreciate the kind words. The room will be a work in progress for a little bit but it will come along eventually.

You must have been typing your post when I posted pics of the light, they are up now for ya to see above :)

No worries Dick. Hope all is well with the family! It's going to be awesome down there once all finished, what a lovely area it will be when it's done. Gonna be awesome to watch it all come together.

Haha yes, after I posted that it updated and I got to see it, I was like bloody hell, that wasn't there a second ago, I sware! I tried to quickly edit my post after I had a quick read through and looked at the pictures, you caught me out though I'm afraid, haha.

Yes, family is well, thanks TK. I can't wait to get the room finished up for the most part but can only purchase things every so often, the light was a pretty big purchase for me along with all the building materials for the room. It will be nice compared to my last full grow in a 4x4 diy tent, room to move around in there :) Once it is all sealed up and has exhaust fans maybe I will be able to toke in there instead of the cold garage lol

Hey dick nice purchase on the lights. My suggestion would be get some ratchet hangers [they're 6 bucks a pair at Amazon] and put them around 22" for 2 days then drop them to 18" above the plants after they get use to the brightness. Second since you already have a HPS put it in the flowering room and the LED in the veg room with just the veg lights on. You're gonna love the light fixture and I see you getting another LED to replace the HPS in your future, which will save on the heat and electricity. Its the route I took when I didn't believe in the LED's for the longest. It dropped the temps by almost 10 degrees. And last get some UV sunglasses made for LED's to protect your eyes, they too are around 6 bucks. Working on a budget sucks but the little buys go a loooong way.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes, family is well, thanks TK. I can't wait to get the room finished up for the most part but can only purchase things every so often, the light was a pretty big purchase for me along with all the building materials for the room. It will be nice compared to my last full grow in a 4x4 diy tent, room to move around in there :) Once it is all sealed up and has exhaust fans maybe I will be able to toke in there instead of the cold garage lol
Good stuff, glad to hear the family is well. :). I can't wait to see you get the room finished, it's going to be awesome. I love the idea of being able to have a veg room too. I also love how it's in a basement, that would be my ideal location. I can't wait to be able to have room to veg plants, I'm trying to think of a way to find some more space in my house so I can start some ready to save a month or so once my babies have finished flowering. Tell me about it, it's bloody expensive to buy the bits you need, especially along with paying bills and living too. I guess the good thing is once you've got the bits and if you look after them they should last awhile and provide lots of entertainment, plus hopefully some yummy bud too which defintley will save money in the long run! Defintley sounds better than a cold garage, and you can have a little chat with your girls whilst you're down there too. I spent 3 months in Canada last year, I absolutely loved it, I didn't want to come home. The medical weed I was getting out there was just through the roof, straight fire lol. It was a fantastic experience!

Hey dick nice purchase on the lights. My suggestion would be get some ratchet hangers [they're 6 bucks a pair at Amazon] and put them around 22" for 2 days then drop them to 18" above the plants after they get use to the brightness. Second since you already have a HPS put it in the flowering room and the LED in the veg room with just the veg lights on. You're gonna love the light fixture and I see you getting another LED to replace the HPS in your future, which will save on the heat and electricity. Its the route I took when I didn't believe in the LED's for the longest. It dropped the temps by almost 10 degrees. And last get some UV sunglasses made for LED's to protect your eyes, they too are around 6 bucks. Working on a budget sucks but the little buys go a loooong way.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Shruum, I appreciate the advice! I was going to get some of the ratchet hangers but i used all my extra cash on the other stuff. I will likely need the more expensive ones just in case, this panel is heavy, I might actually trust my nylon rope better haha. Will get some soon though. I got the 2 photo period plants under the panel right now, the tall one is 20" away with only the veg switch on so it's not running full capacity on right off the hop, they seem to be liking it, almost perkier. I really have thought about using the panel for veg but I keep thinking that it would be better for producing the flowers compared to the 430W HPS.. I like the idea though, it might give some explosive vegetative growth.. I will see if anyone else wants to weigh on the idea before I make any more changes lol. The temps are definitely lower by about 6 or 7 degrees C so far.. Yes, some of them glasses will certainly be nice to have, I have heard about them, added to the shopping list now haha. Thanks a lot man!

Back
Top Bottom