Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

**Informational Update**

Hey everyone!! I hope you're all having a high 420 day! I didn't get to do anything too special today as I had to work a bit later than normal. But I have smoked a couple since getting home and eating supper, and I found the box my wife picked up from the post office today with some goodies.

Got my UC Roots, it's basically a cleanser for the root system to remove any mineral buildups in the res, media and root zone. It will also help keep the roots a nice pearly white! Nothing special but could be good to have. I will start adding a couple of ml per gallon in the dwc res when I top up in the next few days.

I also grabbed another bottle of CALiMAGic since it's one of the brands without much nitrogen in it was well. It's what I've been using and know so I'll continue using it for now to add to my RO water at 100-120ppm.

Last but not least, pot elevators and trays. These are the gro-pro brand and I've had these on my wish list for quite some time now but just had never gotten them as it wasn't really a necessity. I finally bit the biscuit and bought them and I must say I'm quite happy with them. They lift the plants up to nice level beside my dwc buckets for 1 which was a nice surprise. Also, I don't have anymore pots sitting directly on the trays. There's lots of air movement underneath and if there's ever extra runoff from the pots it will be caught and the plants wont be sitting in it. I also have some grow bags around so if I ever use those again these will be great.

I upped the panel by 5% tonight to 65%, all the plants seem to be responding well to it. I think tonight I'm going to start dialing back the daylight time by 2 hours per night and kick these plants into flower since they aren't skipping a beat. So by Saturday they will be on 12/12.

And here are some other canopy and light shots that I grabbed tonight after getting the trays and elevators in place.

Have a great night everyone! Keep it green out there!
Awesome. I have the identical trays. They're awesome, I love them. VERY sturdy and plenty of drainage. I was using bricks before, which are fine but way too heavy. I couldn't wait for those to arrive. Plants look great!

**Informational Update**

Hey everyone!! I hope you're all having a high 420 day! I didn't get to do anything too special today as I had to work a bit later than normal. But I have smoked a couple since getting home and eating supper, and I found the box my wife picked up from the post office today with some goodies.

Got my UC Roots, it's basically a cleanser for the root system to remove any mineral buildups in the res, media and root zone. It will also help keep the roots a nice pearly white! Nothing special but could be good to have. I will start adding a couple of ml per gallon in the dwc res when I top up in the next few days.

I also grabbed another bottle of CALiMAGic since it's one of the brands without much nitrogen in it was well. It's what I've been using and know so I'll continue using it for now to add to my RO water at 100-120ppm.

Last but not least, pot elevators and trays. These are the gro-pro brand and I've had these on my wish list for quite some time now but just had never gotten them as it wasn't really a necessity. I finally bit the biscuit and bought them and I must say I'm quite happy with them. They lift the plants up to nice level beside my dwc buckets for 1 which was a nice surprise. Also, I don't have anymore pots sitting directly on the trays. There's lots of air movement underneath and if there's ever extra runoff from the pots it will be caught and the plants wont be sitting in it. I also have some grow bags around so if I ever use those again these will be great.

I upped the panel by 5% tonight to 65%, all the plants seem to be responding well to it. I think tonight I'm going to start dialing back the daylight time by 2 hours per night and kick these plants into flower since they aren't skipping a beat. So by Saturday they will be on 12/12.

And here are some other canopy and light shots that I grabbed tonight after getting the trays and elevators in place.

Have a great night everyone! Keep it green out there!
Next time we'll get you out of those plastic pots and into some fabric or AirPots and you'll really be humming...

:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Lol!

Next time we'll get you out of those plastic pots and into some fabric or AirPots and you'll really be humming...

:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Lol!
I likely won't bother with airports. I have so many containers now it's crazy lol. I do have some fabric pots that I used once, 3 gallon and 7 gallon. I'll likely use them again some day now that I have these pot elevators and trays to fit them. Maybe if I do something in the tent I'll use them. I kind of want to start a few plants in there and select a couple mothers for clones. There's too many options lol

I was just looking at the light more closely. Those blue holder things at the ends of each bar. Do those bars actually rotate on their axis' too? Or are they always horizontal to the floor? I can't quite tell.

I likely won't bother with airports. I have so many containers now it's crazy lol. I do have some fabric pots that I used once, 3 gallon and 7 gallon. I'll likely use them again some day now that I have these pot elevators and trays to fit them. Maybe if I do something in the tent I'll use them. I kind of want to start a few plants in there and select a couple mothers for clones. There's too many options lol
Lol. I was just giving you some good-natured ribbing for 420 man...your grow looks amazing to me.

I was just looking at the light more closely. Those blue holder things at the ends of each bar. Do those bars actually rotate on their axis' too? Or are they always horizontal to the floor? I can't quite tell.
Always horizontal. You had me thinking there for a minute, I had to go take a look before lights out lol. That would be convenient though.

Hey folks. Just stopping by to throw up a few pictures for tonight. I got in the garden this evening for a few, I just wanted to check on the plants and get some of the longer branches pinned back down to the same level as the rest. Canopy is starting to come together nicely, I will just pull back branches as needed to keep them in check for now.

Daylight hours were reduced again tonight by 2 hours. So tomorrow will be 14 hours of light.

Now.. I'd like to have everyone participate in something. It will kind of be a free for all at first in a way. But I want you all to pick what I start in the new tent, strain and style of grow (in containers)..

Here's how we can do it to make it simple, also depends how many people give their input. Everyone have a look at the provided seed vault list. Then I want you to tell me what strain you think I should do, and how many/what style. I want to see your ideas.

Then once we get all the suggestions in, I can either just pick one or pick 2 or 3 I like and all vote on them (if there's enough)
So here's the list, fire away, let's see what we get by Sunday evening.

Thanks everyone for your participation :cheesygrinsmiley:

The group looks great, Dick. Looking forward! :Rasta:

Got my UC Roots, it's basically a cleanser for the root system
I remember this type of product being essential in DWC grows for healthy white roots. I was a Hydroguard user.
There's too many options lol
Ha. It's tough to make a decision, isn't it? I think a lot of folks in your position give up and resort to something like this...
I want you all to pick what I start in the new tent, strain and style of grow (in containers)
:rofl:

Berry bomb is.... well it’s bomb. Haha I suggest popping a bean of that, it was a great yield of supreme buds. I’ve always wanted to try the thc bomb as well.
I've been thinking about those beans, never grew any bomb seeds strains before.
Just 1? What kind of style grow?
OGKZ in dwc, yeah brother.
Garden is looking great, happy daze friend.
Ooh, it's a great strain. Only 1 bean left of that strain. Can't go dwc though as my equipment is in use with the big bang plants. The tent will be for potted plants this round, but you could suggest a way to grow it out.
The group looks great, Dick. Looking forward! :Rasta:

I remember this type of product being essential in DWC grows for healthy white roots. I was a Hydroguard user.

Ha. It's tough to make a decision, isn't it? I think a lot of folks in your position give up and resort to something like this...

:rofl:
Thanks GDB, I looked for hydroguard first but it appears that it's super expensive in Canada, if you can even get it (Imagine that) :laughtwo: The big Zon had it listed for $100 cdn for a quart hahaha no thanks, more expensive then my nutes.

Sure is tough making a decision. I'm sure I could just reach in the bag and pull a few out and that would be my decision, but this seemed more fun and I get to interact with everyone too :cheesygrinsmiley: do you have a suggestion sir? Lol

You and I obviously recently took advantage of the same seed sale/promotion. Otherwise the similarities between your stock and mine would be too eerie!

So I will recommend three that I have but will not get to for a while:

BF Critical Kush, the ETS Blueberry Headband and the 710 Lemon Candy! All in soil and 5 gallon pots.

You and I obviously recently took advantage of the same seed sale/promotion. Otherwise the similarities between your stock and mine would be too eerie!

So I will recommend three that I have but will not get to for a while:

BF Critical Kush, the ETS Blueberry Headband and the 710 Lemon Candy! All in soil and 5 gallon pots.
That seed sale was something else :laughtwo: more than worth it. I think the 420 sale was quite similar as well.

Those are some good picks, more that I've never tried yet. I'll get those noted along with the others. Thanks sir

That seed sale was something else :laughtwo: more than worth it. I think the 420 sale was quite similar as well.

Those are some good picks, more that I've never tried yet. I'll get those noted along with the others. Thanks sir
It was a helluva sale, Dick! I ended up with 25 seeds for $87!

I've been thinking about those beans, never grew any bomb seeds strains before.
Just 1? What kind of style grow?
Well you can plant as many as you want. Haha I was just saying that strain is a definite winner. I grew out 3 in DWC and the phenotypes were all very similar so stable genetics, and the smell and taste were out of this world... it will launch you off as well. I got more THC seeds strains laying around but I’ve been loving the outcomes of the new breeder ive been using so they will most likely sit a lil while longer.

Well you can plant as many as you want. Haha I was just saying that strain is a definite winner. I grew out 3 in DWC and the phenotypes were all very similar so stable genetics, and the smell and taste were out of this world... it will launch you off as well. I got more THC seeds strains laying around but I’ve been loving the outcomes of the new breeder ive been using so they will most likely sit a lil while longer.
Haha OK man, they will go on the list of possibilities. Thanks
Blue dream Auto- dwc/hydro gets my vote!!
You know if you put autos as an option I'll always pick them :rofl:
I had thought about doing some autos again. I have a few outdoor autos this year as well.
Can't do dwc though because these will be started before my buckets are free again. Gotta be a style of grow in containers or fabric bags

Hey folks. Just stopping by to throw up a few pictures for tonight. I got in the garden this evening for a few, I just wanted to check on the plants and get some of the longer branches pinned back down to the same level as the rest. Canopy is starting to come together nicely, I will just pull back branches as needed to keep them in check for now.

Daylight hours were reduced again tonight by 2 hours. So tomorrow will be 14 hours of light.

Now.. I'd like to have everyone participate in something. It will kind of be a free for all at first in a way. But I want you all to pick what I start in the new tent, strain and style of grow (in containers)..

Here's how we can do it to make it simple, also depends how many people give their input. Everyone have a look at the provided seed vault list. Then I want you to tell me what strain you think I should do, and how many/what style. I want to see your ideas.

Then once we get all the suggestions in, I can either just pick one or pick 2 or 3 I like and all vote on them (if there's enough)
So here's the list, fire away, let's see what we get by Sunday evening.

Thanks everyone for your participation :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'd kind of like to see you take on a real challenging strain to nail - definitely a challenging grow - that also happens to be one of the classics and arguably a Top 10 strain of all time - take on JACK HERER!!!!

I'd kind of like to see you take on a real challenging strain to nail - definitely a challenging grow - that also happens to be one of the classics and arguably a Top 10 strain of all time - take on JACK HERER!!!!
That's an interesting way of putting it Jon. I do tend to like a bit of a challenge, that's why I dove into dwc. I've never grown Jack herer and I'm unsure of those seeds breeder, I'll have to go back to my seed order from 4 years ago and try to see if I can find out.

I think deep down inside I was hoping someone would pick a sativa leaner. :laughtwo:
I have a couple kilimamjaro as well.

@Jon I am curious to know though.
Why do you consider Jack herer a difficult strain? Just looking for what you think makes a strain difficult to grow. :cheesygrinsmiley: thanks

Back
Top Bottom