Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

They were still kind of under developed at the time. I also changed my light which was the other key factor. Just seemed that when I turned the air down they started to recoup. Now the growth has actually sped up from before, so I'm happy even though they look a bit ugly at the moment lol it could also be the strain as well, some react better than others to certain changes.
So basically just reiterating what I said, and will continue to say. Everyone’s system is different and just need to figure out what works for them. I never meant to imply your plants your didn’t look good my man, they look great. Keep it up and those things will get huge. I’m done for the night guys, about to hit the puffco and turn into vegetable for the night. Haha peace and love everyone! :)

So basically just reiterating what I said, and will continue to say. Everyone’s system is different and just need to figure out what works for them. I never meant to imply your plants your didn’t look good my man, they look great. Keep it up and those things will get huge. I’m done for the night guys, about to hit the puffco and turn into vegetable for the night. Haha peace and love everyone! :)
Oh I didn't think you meant that at all, I was saying it myself :laughtwo:
Have a good one man

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a decent Monday. I'll be by shortly, after supper, with an update on the potted plants. They are looking wonderful in their new pots and are all perked back up since being fed yesterday after transplant.

I thought I would keep this little part separate from the update since it's irrelevant. I got lights hung in the tent while I was in there just because.. well actually, remember that bestva 1000 light I got a while back to test out? Well a sale went on and I picked up a 2nd one because the price was good. They are small sized and handy panels to have around, can fit them almost anywhere.

So I hung both in the tent since that's likely where they'll end up anyways, just to see how it would look in there. I was amazed, I've never grown in a real grow tent. These small lights pack a bit of power for only about 100w each. Pics are lowest and then highest setting.

Be back soon with an update folks! Time to eat some grub. Mrs D did up a home made lasagna :drool:

**Update - Potted Plants**

Ok, back again with the update on our potted plants. We are motoring right along now, the plants are happy in their new homes after getting their feeding and transplant, right on track for flowering. A few were a little down looking afterwards so I held off til today with the update, but everything looks great today. Lets get on with some info on what happened around here.

Today I turned the Spectrum X light panel up again to 60% from 50. Been giving them a little more every couple of days so that when we get into flower we can really hit them. The light panel has really been performing and these plants are loving it. Once the weekend hits I will likely drop the time down by a couple of hours each day from 18 hours light until we reach 12 hours. This is more so to not shock the plants too much, many people do this an hour a day. Undecided on when to turn on the flower spectrum and when to use the UV/IR addition bars. Should I wait until the stretch is done to flip on the red flowering spectrum, or turn it on when I start dialing back the daylight hours? Any ideas when would be best to use the UV/IR bars? Both light wavelengths run off 1 button, so both come on at the same time.

So the transplants went well into the 5 gallon containers which is their final home for flowering. I got the promix hp and sunshine #4 mixed up into my tote that I use, got my new containers ready and some scoops and got down to business. I should note that I also spray down the medium a little with some plain RO water while mixing it together to make it slightly damp, a little moisture for when the plants go in and it helps hold up my inverted sand castle when I transplant.

Once they were all done, I got some feed mixed up for them. Again, 1ml per gallon of CaliMagic first, gets me at about 120ppm. Then we add 5ml per liter of nutrients to the mix. I can't seem to find the paper I where I wrote down what it came out to after nutrients lol. I want to say it was around 5.39ph and 624, I could be wrong :laughtwo:

Each pot got 2 liters of mix each for now, it made them fairly heavy and I don't want to over do it right after transplanting, next feed before flower flip will be nice and full. I made up a pop bottle feeder to make life just a little easier where the plants are short. I was able to evenly distribute the feed mix throughout the entire pot.

Skunk #1 - Day 56

These plants are still impressing me, they didn't even flinch when they were transplanted and fed. They have really stiffened up now they they are mature, should hold up some colas nicely. Any deficiencies what we thought were happening on these have stopped. The light green markings on the edge of 1 plant have not gotten any worse and the lowest leaves I believe I just splashed with nute mix. All are a nice healthy green with the slightest of N toxicity just starting to appear, likely from the 1% N in the calimagic adding to the nutes.

Sundae Banana Cookies - Day 48

The lanky ladies have really shaped up over the last week it seems so I'm happy about that. For a quick run they might just impress me yet. Same as the skunks, any deficiencies seem to have let up and all leaves are a nice healthy green. I haven't seen any signs of pistils on these yet and nodes are still coming out side by side, regardless of maturity they will be flipped at the same time of course.

That's all we got again for today I believe. Lots going on and getting ready for the flower flip. Lots going on in my head too with having this new tent... Makes me really want to start something else over there since there's extra possibilities with the propagation area in the tent now compared to my shelf, I can start and grow things again while flowering. hmmm decisions... for another day haha. You'll know when something else happens I'm sure. Take care all and keep it green out there! Thanks for stopping by, your continued support keeps me going :cheesygrinsmiley:

All the potted plants look alike, Dick. And that's a good thing! :Rasta:

Ok, back again with the update on our potted plants. We are motoring right along now, the plants are happy in their new homes after getting their feeding and transplant, right on track for flowering. A few were a little down looking afterwards so I held off til today with the update, but everything looks great today. Lets get on with some info on what happened around here.

Today I turned the Spectrum X light panel up again to 60% from 50. Been giving them a little more every couple of days so that when we get into flower we can really hit them. The light panel has really been performing and these plants are loving it. Once the weekend hits I will likely drop the time down by a couple of hours each day from 18 hours light until we reach 12 hours. This is more so to not shock the plants too much, many people do this an hour a day. Undecided on when to turn on the flower spectrum and when to use the UV/IR addition bars. Should I wait until the stretch is done to flip on the red flowering spectrum, or turn it on when I start dialing back the daylight hours? Any ideas when would be best to use the UV/IR bars? Both light wavelengths run off 1 button, so both come on at the same time.

So the transplants went well into the 5 gallon containers which is their final home for flowering. I got the promix hp and sunshine #4 mixed up into my tote that I use, got my new containers ready and some scoops and got down to business. I should note that I also spray down the medium a little with some plain RO water while mixing it together to make it slightly damp, a little moisture for when the plants go in and it helps hold up my inverted sand castle when I transplant.

Once they were all done, I got some feed mixed up for them. Again, 1ml per gallon of CaliMagic first, gets me at about 120ppm. Then we add 5ml per liter of nutrients to the mix. I can't seem to find the paper I where I wrote down what it came out to after nutrients lol. I want to say it was around 5.39ph and 624, I could be wrong :laughtwo:

Each pot got 2 liters of mix each for now, it made them fairly heavy and I don't want to over do it right after transplanting, next feed before flower flip will be nice and full. I made up a pop bottle feeder to make life just a little easier where the plants are short. I was able to evenly distribute the feed mix throughout the entire pot.

Skunk #1 - Day 56

These plants are still impressing me, they didn't even flinch when they were transplanted and fed. They have really stiffened up now they they are mature, should hold up some colas nicely. Any deficiencies what we thought were happening on these have stopped. The light green markings on the edge of 1 plant have not gotten any worse and the lowest leaves I believe I just splashed with nute mix. All are a nice healthy green with the slightest of N toxicity just starting to appear, likely from the 1% N in the calimagic adding to the nutes.

Sundae Banana Cookies - Day 48

The lanky ladies have really shaped up over the last week it seems so I'm happy about that. For a quick run they might just impress me yet. Same as the skunks, any deficiencies seem to have let up and all leaves are a nice healthy green. I haven't seen any signs of pistils on these yet and nodes are still coming out side by side, regardless of maturity they will be flipped at the same time of course.

That's all we got again for today I believe. Lots going on and getting ready for the flower flip. Lots going on in my head too with having this new tent... Makes me really want to start something else over there since there's extra possibilities with the propagation area in the tent now compared to my shelf, I can start and grow things again while flowering. hmmm decisions... for another day haha. You'll know when something else happens I'm sure. Take care all and keep it green out there! Thanks for stopping by, your continued support keeps me going :cheesygrinsmiley:
Those look pretty damn healthy man, nice job. So can you help me understand what you're going for here with your technique and getting ready to flip them soon? Is your goal to end up with four HUMONGOUS colas on each plant that in a perfect world are all four identical? To my inexperienced eye that's what I see you ending up with if you were to flip now. Or does a whole bunch of growth grow (once you let it) and make other branches? (Sorry if these are dumb questions) And are you doing it that way to max yield on a "quick" grow?

Those look pretty damn healthy man, nice job. So can you help me understand what you're going for here with your technique and getting ready to flip them soon? Is your goal to end up with four HUMONGOUS colas on each plant that in a perfect world are all four identical? To my inexperienced eye that's what I see you ending up with if you were to flip now. Or does a whole bunch of growth grow (once you let it) and make other branches? (Sorry if these are dumb questions) And are you doing it that way to max yield on a "quick" grow?
Thanks Jon.
Certainly, some of the plants will have 4 main tops, and some will actually have 6 because I topped 2 mains on 3 of the skunks again. This is going to grow 4 to 6 main colas, but they won't all be identical in size because they won't be growing from the same node like the mainline technique. You can get all equal sized tops if you start working off 1 node.

These plants will stretch during the flip to flower, I'm hoping to get anywhere from 6 to 10 inches of growth in the next few weeks during the transition. They way they are growing its just going to be big buds, not much small popcorn at all. It is sort of a way to maximize yield in a quick grow but it's also a lot of topping, training and waiting, so I wouldn't say it's any quicker.

My decision to flip is solely based on my dwc, I don't want it to get out of control compared to the potted plants, because I know it can. I hope this helps understand what's going on. It's just a method I learned and like to do, minimizes trimming some as well at the end.

Thanks Jon.
Certainly, some of the plants will have 4 main tops, and some will actually have 6 because I topped 2 mains on 3 of the skunks again. This is going to grow 4 to 6 main colas, but they won't all be identical in size because they won't be growing from the same node like the mainline technique. You can get all equal sized tops if you start working off 1 node.

These plants will stretch during the flip to flower, I'm hoping to get anywhere from 6 to 10 inches of growth in the next few weeks during the transition. They way they are growing its just going to be big buds, not much small popcorn at all. It is sort of a way to maximize yield in a quick grow but it's also a lot of topping, training and waiting, so I wouldn't say it's any quicker.

My decision to flip is solely based on my dwc, I don't want it to get out of control compared to the potted plants, because I know it can. I hope this helps understand what's going on. It's just a method I learned and like to do, minimizes trimming some as well at the end.
Thank you for the detailed response. I see. Very helpful.

Morning everyone and happy 420. Just wanted to let you know that medic grow has posted a 420 sale in the sponsors section of the forum for their Fold 8 light panel.

Go check it out in the link below to get the code

Morning everyone and happy 420. Just wanted to let you know that medic grow has posted a 420 sale in the sponsors section of the forum for their Fold 8 light panel.

Go check it out in the link below to get the code

OMG they make a 1000 watt version. Oh. My. God. That's playing with the sun itself. DAMN. Biden better come through with another stimulus check. Lol.

OMG they make a 1000 watt version. Oh. My. God. That's playing with the sun itself. DAMN. Biden better come through with another stimulus check. Lol.
That ez-8 model hasn't been available in a while. At least not since I've been talking with them. Maybe @MedicGrow can chime in on this.

Good to see your DWC plants have bounced back to happiness :green_heart:

It would appear that problem the other week was just a transition period of settling down into the new system & that could happen to anybody no matter what style of grow you choose to do.

Love the new led panel bud that is getting quite popular these days... I was seeking one of the mars new version out but ol fuzzy 'n' paypal don't get on o_O

Once the weekend hits I will likely drop the time down by a couple of hours each day from 18 hours light until we reach 12 hours. This is more so to not shock the plants too much, many people do this an hour a day. Undecided on when to turn on the flower spectrum and when to use the UV/IR addition bars. Should I wait until the stretch is done to flip on the red flowering spectrum, or turn it on when I start dialing back the daylight hours? Any ideas when would be best to use the UV/IR bars? Both light wavelengths run off 1 button, so both come on at the same time.

Beautiful recovery and nice update on the grow!

To answer the question in your post- I'd flip the red on when transition is occurring or right after at latest. That's around the time when the plant will start wanting that red spectrum the most? I'd love to hear what the others think on this too.

And happy 420 brother

Good to see your DWC plants have bounced back to happiness :green_heart:

It would appear that problem the other week was just a transition period of settling down into the new system & that could happen to anybody no matter what style of grow you choose to do.

Love the new led panel bud that is getting quite popular these days... I was seeking one of the mars new version out but ol fuzzy 'n' paypal don't get on o_O
Thanks fuzzy! It very well could have been them getting their roots settled in possibly? They were in the system since day 3 or 4 of their life. Hard to say, we will see if it happens on the next run lol

Yeah the newer lights are quite impressive, nothing like the old blurples haha.
Did you check out the link I dropped earlier? The fold-8 is on sale at medicgrow. And they accept other forms of payment. Or I'm sure you could find mars products on the Zon?
Beautiful recovery and nice update on the grow!

To answer the question in your post- I'd flip the red on when transition is occurring or right after at latest. That's around the time when the plant will start wanting that red spectrum the most? I'd love to hear what the others think on this too.

And happy 420 brother
Thanks rexer, I appreciate it. Maybe I'll turn it on once I see some flower sites starting during the transition. I could use a little stretch, but don't want a lot

Hey guys, another sale I just got notified of for the mantis nutrients I'm using. If anyone is in Canada and wants to try it check out their website and use code 420 for 42% off.

**Informational Update**

Hey everyone!! I hope you're all having a high 420 day! I didn't get to do anything too special today as I had to work a bit later than normal. But I have smoked a couple since getting home and eating supper, and I found the box my wife picked up from the post office today with some goodies.

Got my UC Roots, it's basically a cleanser for the root system to remove any mineral buildups in the res, media and root zone. It will also help keep the roots a nice pearly white! Nothing special but could be good to have. I will start adding a couple of ml per gallon in the dwc res when I top up in the next few days.

I also grabbed another bottle of CALiMAGic since it's one of the brands without much nitrogen in it was well. It's what I've been using and know so I'll continue using it for now to add to my RO water at 100-120ppm.

Last but not least, pot elevators and trays. These are the gro-pro brand and I've had these on my wish list for quite some time now but just had never gotten them as it wasn't really a necessity. I finally bit the biscuit and bought them and I must say I'm quite happy with them. They lift the plants up to nice level beside my dwc buckets for 1 which was a nice surprise. Also, I don't have anymore pots sitting directly on the trays. There's lots of air movement underneath and if there's ever extra runoff from the pots it will be caught and the plants wont be sitting in it. I also have some grow bags around so if I ever use those again these will be great.

I upped the panel by 5% tonight to 65%, all the plants seem to be responding well to it. I think tonight I'm going to start dialing back the daylight time by 2 hours per night and kick these plants into flower since they aren't skipping a beat. So by Saturday they will be on 12/12.

And here are some other canopy and light shots that I grabbed tonight after getting the trays and elevators in place.

Have a great night everyone! Keep it green out there!

Back
Top Bottom