Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

So far for the suggestions of what I should grow in the new tent, we have gotten 5 suggestions. Not sure how many more we will get.

So how do we want to vote on this? There's really only a handful of us in on it. Maybe I could put all the suggestions into a hat and pick one out? Or should I just pick one?

It won't be right away. But will be started within the next week or 2. I'll have to get some more things set up in there and get the propagation side geared up and so on. So we got time!

Here's the suggestions we have gathered.

-Berry bomb - bomb seeds
-OGKZ - Humboldt seeds
-Critical kush, blueberry Headband, 710 lemon candy (one of each)
-Blue dream auto - Expert seeds
-Jack Herer

My vote is JH, OGKZ, and berry bomb. My JH came from the same seedbank and was their line. 3 were very similar. I say go for it on the JH
Does that breeders jack herer get pretty big? I'm wondering if I grew that one if it should be done by itself

**Quick Update**Day 1 of Flower**

Hey everyone, figured I'd pop in an drop a few pictures for today of the garden as a whole. Today marks the first day that I will be counting as flower time. We worked our way down from 18 to 12 over 3 days, and today I think the ladies have already figured it out.

The skunks that were already showing their sex over a week ago, are now starting to push out pistols all over, 1 is being a little slower.

Some of the SBC's are spacing out their nodes now and starting to show just the slightest little blip of their sex but no pistols yet, likely in the next day or 2.

Everyone is looking pretty happy today and I cannot complain one bit. Both potted and dwc plants are chugging right along.

There will be some slight adjustments to lst tonight or tomorrow and the dwc plants I will just keep bending, they seem to take it well, I just have nowhere to really secure to at the moment.

Been a long day so I won't feed tonight, pots still all have a decent amount of weight to them that they will last just fine until tomorrow. It's time to make sure we keep that medium moist and not let it dry out too much now that we're hitting flower.

Not much else to say right now about the garden itself, I've finally hit a bit of sweet spot (as sweet as it gets here in this current environment) and we are just playing the waiting game now. Let the budspacing begin!

Damn the girls are looking good. I'm curious. What is the reason for going from 18/6 to 12/12 gradually over a number of days versus just going straight from one to the other? Are you trying to recreate the way the days gradually get shorter in nature as fall approaches? Do the plants ever get confused and start budding at 13/11 or something of that sort? Sort of also begs the question, why is it a 12 hour light cycle that signals the plant to bud? Why doesn't it begin to bud at 14 or 11 or 10?

Damn the girls are looking good. I'm curious. What is the reason for going from 18/6 to 12/12 gradually over a number of days versus just going straight from one to the other? Are you trying to recreate the way the days gradually get shorter in nature as fall approaches? Do the plants ever get confused and start budding at 13/11 or something of that sort? Sort of also begs the question, why is it a 12 hour light cycle that signals the plant to bud? Why doesn't it begin to bud at 14 or 11 or 10?
No big reason in specific, just trying to be less stressful. I guess you could say it more mimics nature but I would have to do it over a longer period. But no real reason otherwise.

Different strains from different parts of the world will actually flower with more or less than 12 hours of sunlight. Far red lights before bed and before waking up can also make a plant flower in 14 hours instead of 12. It's called the Emerson effect.

There's lots to it. That's the just of it though lol

Does that breeders jack herer get pretty big? I'm wondering if I grew that one if it should be done by itself
Haha hahaha hahahahaha. Grow the Jack and get ready to raise the roof. If that phenome is a true JH sativa it’s going to get tall.

Haha hahaha hahahahaha. Grow the Jack and get ready to raise the roof. If that phenome is a true JH sativa it’s going to get tall.
Well that sounds like 2 votes for the jack! Haha I will tie it up and bend it over :laughtwo: I'm up for the challenge

So far for the suggestions of what I should grow in the new tent, we have gotten 5 suggestions. Not sure how many more we will get.

So how do we want to vote on this? There's really only a handful of us in on it. Maybe I could put all the suggestions into a hat and pick one out? Or should I just pick one?

It won't be right away. But will be started within the next week or 2. I'll have to get some more things set up in there and get the propagation side geared up and so on. So we got time!

Here's the suggestions we have gathered.

-Berry bomb - bomb seeds
-OGKZ - Humboldt seeds
-Critical kush, blueberry Headband, 710 lemon candy (one of each)
-Blue dream auto - Expert seeds
-Jack Herer
Hey mate
Hope your well
Garden looking ace , as ever.
Jack
Critical
Blue dream auto as choice 1
Let’s see what you got on the autos:)
Peace an bud

Hey mate
Hope your well
Garden looking ace , as ever.
Jack
Critical
Blue dream auto as choice 1
Let’s see what you got on the autos:)
Peace an bud
Hey bud! I was just thinking last night how I hadn't seen you on in a bit. Things are going alright here so far. How about yourself?

Autos hey, that's what rexer suggested. @Rexer hasn't made his vote but I doubt he will vote against his own suggestion :laughtwo: It's been a bit since I've grown autos but thats what I started with for indoor growing.

Should be interesting regardless, I've never grown in an actual grow tent, just a poly one I built back in the day.

Hey bud! I was just thinking last night how I hadn't seen you on in a bit. Things are going alright here so far. How about yourself?

Autos hey, that's what rexer suggested. @Rexer hasn't made his vote but I doubt he will vote against his own suggestion :laughtwo: It's been a bit since I've grown autos but thats what I started with for indoor growing.

Should be interesting regardless, I've never grown in an actual grow tent, just a poly one I built back in the day.
Hey man
I love all the old school erb. The stoned you get just feels right...:)
Anyways.. got some of that Mantis, and it didn’t come in a Hogwarts box, so I’m hopeful.
Once I’ve e caught up with what’s going on I’ll catch up on the diesel girls on my post. Start using the mantis as soon as I start my next 3.
3402E6EE-3E8B-4AC1-A022-7037A8F13B39.jpeg
peace an buds mate

Hey brother I hope all is good.
It’s been sometime since I was last by your journal and just passing by to say hi.
Garden is looking great my friend
Play safe and enjoy everyone
Hey man! Things are going well, I'm not complaining too much :laughtwo:

Always good to see you pop by my friend. While you're here. Do you have a vote on some of the suggestions given to grow in the new tent?
Hey man
I love all the old school erb. The stoned you get just feels right...:)
Anyways.. got some of that Mantis, and it didn’t come in a Hogwarts box, so I’m hopeful.
Once I’ve e caught up with what’s going on I’ll catch up on the diesel girls on my post. Start using the mantis as soon as I start my next 3.
3402E6EE-3E8B-4AC1-A022-7037A8F13B39.jpeg
peace an buds mate
I think the oldest strain of the 3 you picked would be the jack herer. I know it originates from 3 old school strains of Haze, nl #5 and shivas skunk. I'd have to look up the other 2 again.

Glad to see you got it and can't wait to see someone else here using it. I've browsed some journals on other forums but they don't compare to this forum so I don't follow them. You're going to like how easy it is, especially when you end up with different aged plants cause it's the same amount for all of them.

Honestly I love the Zittles/ kush breath cross but the blue dream has a little place in my heart with a lot of memories lmao
Sounds like a vote on the blue dream auto to me ;)
Take care my friend!

Oh blue dream Auto is still my vote :green_heart:

Well I looked through the posts and so far it looks like we got 3 votes for the blue dream autos and 2 votes for Jack herer. We will keep it going yet, this is just an update.

Well I looked through the posts and so far it looks like we got 3 votes for the blue dream autos and 2 votes for Jack herer. We will keep it going yet, this is just an update.
Blue dream
Blue dream
Blue dream:)
That’s 6.
Hey @dick23rk , is critical not an oldy aswell as the Jack?
only Afghan and skunk I believe. Not a great leap up the genetic ladder.
.. I’m making the leap myself to old school, as I remember skunk being one of the first about over here.. unless my shit memory is letting me down:) hard to remember last week sometimes, never mind 20/30 yr ago.
Peace to ya

Blue dream
Blue dream
Blue dream:)
That’s 6.
Hey @dick23rk , is critical not an oldy aswell as the Jack?
only Afghan and skunk I believe. Not a great leap up the genetic ladder.
.. I’m making the leap myself to old school, as I remember skunk being one of the first about over here.. unless my shit memory is letting me down:) hard to remember last week sometimes, never mind 20/30 yr ago.
Peace to ya
Honestly I have to do some reading on that one, I've never grown critical, so I'd take your word for it lol. I love crosses bred from the older genetics, but I also like some.of the newer ones as well, so I try to mix it up.

Honestly I have to do some reading on that one, I've never grown critical, so I'd take your word for it lol. I love crosses bred from the older genetics, but I also like some.of the newer ones as well, so I try to mix it up.
I love crosses bred from the older genetics, but I also like some.of the newer ones as well weed.
FTFY :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom