Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

Ok, so you top at the 2nd node to create 4 main colas & you are growing in a block formation.

Scrog is hassle who wants to deal with nets :rip: when X amount of plants trained in a very easy fashion to produce more colas = SOG.
Yep, majority of my plants this round will have 4 main colas. 3 of the skunk plants will have 6 since I topped the top 2 mains again.

Scrog does have its place in certain setups but I can't say I enjoyed using the ones I had made. A solid structure and enough room to move around each side would be ideal in my mind but I find then I can't move plants around freely if I need to.

Howdy do.

Without trying to look like like I'm kissing your ass, I Must say how how impressed I am with your journal.
Even the basics have given me food for thought.
I would have never considered doing a staged transition from veg to flower.
Giving them gradual; less light over a few days, makes real sence.
Instead of the "flip" from 18/6 to 12/12 in one night.
Just copy nature.
For some, it might be common knowledge; but for us casual growers, this type of knowledge is gold dust

Cheers mate and thanks for following our grow
We are away tomorrow and won't be back till fall. So, wishing you great success and all the luck in the world.

Tooodloo mate

You stuck with freebies ,,,, I have so many but it's always I strain I show little to no interest in , so I know this guy called dick23rk and he trains big girls into shape,,,,, awesome lst work awesome clean garden
Lol its crazy the amount of freebies a person can get on sale days. Buy 20 get 60 :laughtwo:

Thanks for the kind words!
Howdy do.

Without trying to look like like I'm kissing your ass, I Must say how how impressed I am with your journal.
Even the basics have given me food for thought.
I would have never considered doing a staged transition from veg to flower.
Giving them gradual; less light over a few days, makes real sence.
Instead of the "flip" from 18/6 to 12/12 in one night.
Just copy nature.
For some, it might be common knowledge; but for us casual growers, this type of knowledge is gold dust

Cheers mate and thanks for following our grow
We are away tomorrow and won't be back till fall. So, wishing you great success and all the luck in the world.

Tooodloo mate
Thanks so much squiggle! I don't know if I want your lips kissing over here after you spent the month with old goat Betty..

Just kidding bud, I won't judge haha. :rofl:

I appreciate the kind words, I do try to outline a lot of things that I do and why I do it. If I'm doing something I might as well explain it I figure.

There are others out there that do a gradual transition into flower. Next grow I will do it at 1 hour increments instead of 2, this was kind of a rushed grow to get done since getting back into growing.

Thanks for stopping by and checking in on things, always a joy to have you. Make you're you two play safe on your trip and have fun! Take care.

**Potted Plants Update**Day 2 Flower**

Happy shatterday folks! Dropping in with another update on the potted plants this evening. I was able to get a couple hours in the garden today for pictures and another feeding. The pots were starting to get a little light, a few in the middle still had a little moisture. So every pot got 2L of feed tonight and that will give them a good soaking I'm sure. Still didn't see any run off in the end but it got down to the bottom of the pots, I'm not too concerned with run off, if we see any major issues we will flush. Here is before and then after feeding of the whole group.

The plants are happy right now so I'm not changing anything aside from the lighting. The only change there will be our spectrum and the intensity. I upped the panel to 70% today but we still have it set on the veg spectrum until we see the stretch is mostly done, unless they start stretching too much then I'll flip on the red.

Skunk #1 - Day 59 + 2

These ladies are still pushing out some more pistils and the branches are nice and stiff now. Nothing going wrong here and they are ready for flower. Despite them being a little smaller stature than the SBC's, I think they will make up for it in colas. I wont bore you with too much talk because there really isn't much to say, so on with the pictures.

Sundae Banana Cookies - Day 51 + 2

The branches on these plants have really surprised me since they were so lanky before, now they are just as strong as the skunks and should be ok to hold some decent size colas. A few of these plants are getting more green than I'd like so I used a little less CalMag today in the feed for everyone and also diluted with a few extra liters to 2 gallons. I'm sure they will be fine and start using up some of that green soon, maybe.. We will see how these nutrients play out in flower.

That's about it for this update, I'll keep it fairly short. I'm sure there will be more to talk about the next time I do a full update on these ones, who knows what may happen in the next 2 weeks :cheesygrinsmiley: Everyone have a safe and fun weekend! Keep it green out there!
wow! that lighting setup is fancy as hell! what is that touch pad you have?

wow! that lighting setup is fancy as hell! what is that touch pad you have?
Thanks fuzzy, glad you could make it over here.

No touch pad on this panel, it's just a digital display that shows the spectrum range you select from 4 different ones. It always shows the ppf output along with wattage/amp draw from the wall. The buttons, dimmer and timer is on top above the screen.

If you go to the very first post of the journal there is a full unboxing and description there that I did for this panel. It wasn't introduced until page 11 but had it edited in there.

Hey all, hope you're having a decent Monday so far. Just stopping by to keep everyone on their toes and dropping some more pictures as a group today, I also have some news on the Mantis nutes. Each day through the week when I'm working, I don't get to see the plants in the mornings before I go to work as the schedule is on 9am to 9pm for flower. Now when I come home, I usually get greeted by a more noticeably different view each time because I'm not in there every morning to check on the herd. It's a nice feeling coming home and seeing the changes after a day at work.

I got word today that Mantis nutrients are now available to the wonderful people of the USA! Click the link, <----- it's back there.. I figured I would post that info here since there was a few of you that were interested in the product. Well now you can try it out for yourself.

Today I was greeted by happy faces, and that made me happy. The plants are stretching a bit now and it appears I'm going to have to get my butt in there and tie back some more branches a little before they get too stiff and out of control. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks we can keep things nice and even with 3 different strains going and 2 completely different growing styles.

I will also be tying back the big bangs in the dwc. @Dusty Kiefers gave me a wonderful idea on how to do this. I will be using some screw in hooks and screwing them into the top of the lid and then running a wire around all the hooks to give me more spots to secure to. I have lots of smaller hooks in the garden that will be great for this as long as they hold into the plastic well. I will take some pictures as I go to drop in the next update, as for now, here's some pictures of the group strutting their stuff under the Spectrum X light panel from MedicGrow, just for you @Grand Daddy Black :cool:;)

Hey all, hope you're having a decent Monday so far. Just stopping by to keep everyone on their toes and dropping some more pictures as a group today, I also have some news on the Mantis nutes. Each day through the week when I'm working, I don't get to see the plants in the mornings before I go to work as the schedule is on 9am to 9pm for flower. Now when I come home, I usually get greeted by a more noticeably different view each time because I'm not in there every morning to check on the herd. It's a nice feeling coming home and seeing the changes after a day at work.

I got word today that Mantis nutrients are now available to the wonderful people of the USA! Click the link, <----- it's back there.. I figured I would post that info here since there was a few of you that were interested in the product. Well now you can try it out for yourself.

Today I was greeted by happy faces, and that made me happy. The plants are stretching a bit now and it appears I'm going to have to get my butt in there and tie back some more branches a little before they get too stiff and out of control. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks we can keep things nice and even with 3 different strains going and 2 completely different growing styles.

I will also be tying back the big bangs in the dwc. @Dusty Kiefers gave me a wonderful idea on how to do this. I will be using some screw in hooks and screwing them into the top of the lid and then running a wire around all the hooks to give me more spots to secure to. I have lots of smaller hooks in the garden that will be great for this as long as they hold into the plastic well. I will take some pictures as I go to drop in the next update, as for now, here's some pictures of the group strutting their stuff under the Spectrum X light panel from MedicGrow, just for you @Grand Daddy Black :cool:;)

The pictures are gorgeous. The health you have going on makes me so damn happy every time I see it. So does that damn light.

That's a very impressive array of plants, Dick! :Rasta:

And thanks for including the light in the pics! I doubt that I'll ever get tired of looking at that beauty.

Hey @dick23rk
Hope your well mate.
Can I ask what the P.H of the water your using is, before the mantis goes in ?
It doesn’t like the kings hill water I buy in:)
The kings hill water I use is already 5.7/6 ph, when I add the mantis, I’m down to low 4 high 3 ph.
Tap water here is 8.5 ph.. haven’t tried that yet so I’m hoping that’ll sort it.
Peace to ya

The pictures are gorgeous. The health you have going on makes me so damn happy every time I see it. So does that damn light.

Thanks Jon, things are sort of dialed in now as far as health goes. As for the light, it's doing more than it's part in the garden lol

Wow! They look amazing and so much growth since the last picture. Nice work! I love the idea for training.

Thanks MG! There's a fair amount of growth starting. Glad I got that idea for training from dusty because I'm going to need it I'm sure.

That's a very impressive array of plants, Dick! :Rasta:

And thanks for including the light in the pics! I doubt that I'll ever get tired of looking at that beauty.

I will always be sure to include that light just for you GDB haha. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you caught the part about the mantis nutes if you're still interested in trying them.

Hey @dick23rk
Hope your well mate.
Can I ask what the P.H of the water your using is, before the mantis goes in ?
It doesn’t like the kings hill water I buy in:)
The kings hill water I use is already 5.7/6 ph, when I add the mantis, I’m down to low 4 high 3 ph.
Tap water here is 8.5 ph.. haven’t tried that yet so I’m hoping that’ll sort it.
Peace to ya

Hey bud, all is good today.

The ph of the RO water buy at the store is between 6 and 6.5 I believe. For some reason I can't remember at the moment exactly what it is, I just woke up lol I will test it after work and give you a for sure answer on that.

As far as the ph dropping to 3-4, that's not right, the buffers should keep it at 5.2-6.2.
Are you adding the correct amount and giving it a good stir before taking the reading? 5ml per liter of water. Also, did you shake the nute bottle vigorously for 10 seconds before using the nutes?

Your tap water may work out alright, I'm not sure what your tap water is like. It wouldn't hurt to try and mix up a liter and see what it comes out to. Have you used your tap water for grounding cannabis before?

Is the kings hill water you speak of reverse osmosis water?

Thanks Jon, things are sort of dialed in now as far as health goes. As for the light, it's doing more than it's part in the garden lol

Thanks MG! There's a fair amount of growth starting. Glad I got that idea for training from dusty because I'm going to need it I'm sure.

I will always be sure to include that light just for you GDB haha. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you caught the part about the mantis nutes if you're still interested in trying them.

Hey bud, all is good today.

The ph of the RO water buy at the store is between 6 and 6.5 I believe. For some reason I can't remember at the moment exactly what it is, I just woke up lol I will test it after work and give you a for sure answer on that.

As far as the ph dropping to 3-4, that's not right, the buffers should keep it at 5.2-6.2.
Are you adding the correct amount and giving it a good stir before taking the reading? 5ml per liter of water. Also, did you shake the nute bottle vigorously for 10 seconds before using the nutes?

Your tap water may work out alright, I'm not sure what your tap water is like. It wouldn't hurt to try and mix up a liter and see what it comes out to. Have you used your tap water for grounding cannabis before?

Is the kings hill water you speak of reverse osmosis water?
Hey @dick23rk
Thanks for taking the time.
Hope your keeping well matey?
Yeah man gave them a good shake up.
5ml /ltr
And no mate, it’s not RO water .
Mineral water.. ph5.7+. 48/50 ppm.
Tried it on 3 x 2ltr mixes. Same result..
tap water about 150ppm 8.5 ph.
I’ll give it all another go later, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve got stuff wrong:)
Peace an buds

Hey @dick23rk
5ml /ltr
I’ll give it all another go later, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve got stuff wrong:)
Peace an buds

Well it sounds like you're doing it properly, not sure why it's giving you a ph that low.
I'd try your tap water as a test and see what happens. Or you could try RO water. Maybe @MANTISmike has an idea of what might be going on. We will get ya figured out one way or another.

Once you find a good solution to start with it will all come together my friend. Where there's a will there's a way!

I'm enjoying growing with these nutes so far. 3 different aged plants, same mix. 2 different setups, same mix. I'll be starting up my tent soon with new plants, same mix I feed the flowering ones. It couldn't be more simple lol

Hey @dick23rk
5ml /ltr
Peace an buds
Bud, have you calibrated your PH meter lately?

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hey @Bud love total shot in the dark from a newbie but maybe just confirm the meter is working properly. I know low batteries can be a beach. Just throwing it out there in a halilmary fashion.

Once you find a good solution to start with it will all come together my friend. Where there's a will there's a way!

I'm enjoying growing with these nutes so far. 3 different aged plants, same mix. 2 different setups, same mix. I'll be starting up my tent soon with new plants, same mix I feed the flowering ones. It couldn't be more simple lol
Thanks for that matey
And by the way..
The garden looks superb.
Brill man

Back
Top Bottom