Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

Does that breeders jack herer get pretty big? I'm wondering if I grew that one if it should be done by itself
Here are some pictures from my JH grow from seedsman. The auto was the second to the very left in the first picture and well, you know in the second. These are in 5 gallon fabric pots and I used the risers you have with trays below. Tent in first picture is 2x4 tent in second picture is 4x4 for size reference

20200630_191242.jpg

20210424_163710.jpg

Yeah looks like they got a bit lanky on ya. This is the photo version, not sure how much difference there would be. I'll grow it at some point to find out though.

I bought the photo version but 1 ended up an auto. The other 3 were photo
Well I hope that doesn't happen. I'd like to have some sort of control over it lol

**Potted Plants Update**Day 2 Flower**

Happy shatterday folks! Dropping in with another update on the potted plants this evening. I was able to get a couple hours in the garden today for pictures and another feeding. The pots were starting to get a little light, a few in the middle still had a little moisture. So every pot got 2L of feed tonight and that will give them a good soaking I'm sure. Still didn't see any run off in the end but it got down to the bottom of the pots, I'm not too concerned with run off, if we see any major issues we will flush. Here is before and then after feeding of the whole group.

The plants are happy right now so I'm not changing anything aside from the lighting. The only change there will be our spectrum and the intensity. I upped the panel to 70% today but we still have it set on the veg spectrum until we see the stretch is mostly done, unless they start stretching too much then I'll flip on the red.

Skunk #1 - Day 59 + 2

These ladies are still pushing out some more pistils and the branches are nice and stiff now. Nothing going wrong here and they are ready for flower. Despite them being a little smaller stature than the SBC's, I think they will make up for it in colas. I wont bore you with too much talk because there really isn't much to say, so on with the pictures.

Sundae Banana Cookies - Day 51 + 2

The branches on these plants have really surprised me since they were so lanky before, now they are just as strong as the skunks and should be ok to hold some decent size colas. A few of these plants are getting more green than I'd like so I used a little less CalMag today in the feed for everyone and also diluted with a few extra liters to 2 gallons. I'm sure they will be fine and start using up some of that green soon, maybe.. We will see how these nutrients play out in flower.

That's about it for this update, I'll keep it fairly short. I'm sure there will be more to talk about the next time I do a full update on these ones, who knows what may happen in the next 2 weeks :cheesygrinsmiley: Everyone have a safe and fun weekend! Keep it green out there!

Plants looking good, Dick when I can take my eyes off of that light! :Rasta:

**Potted Plants Update**Day 2 Flower**

Happy shatterday folks! Dropping in with another update on the potted plants this evening. I was able to get a couple hours in the garden today for pictures and another feeding. The pots were starting to get a little light, a few in the middle still had a little moisture. So every pot got 2L of feed tonight and that will give them a good soaking I'm sure. Still didn't see any run off in the end but it got down to the bottom of the pots, I'm not too concerned with run off, if we see any major issues we will flush. Here is before and then after feeding of the whole group.

The plants are happy right now so I'm not changing anything aside from the lighting. The only change there will be our spectrum and the intensity. I upped the panel to 70% today but we still have it set on the veg spectrum until we see the stretch is mostly done, unless they start stretching too much then I'll flip on the red.

Skunk #1 - Day 59 + 2

These ladies are still pushing out some more pistils and the branches are nice and stiff now. Nothing going wrong here and they are ready for flower. Despite them being a little smaller stature than the SBC's, I think they will make up for it in colas. I wont bore you with too much talk because there really isn't much to say, so on with the pictures.

Sundae Banana Cookies - Day 51 + 2

The branches on these plants have really surprised me since they were so lanky before, now they are just as strong as the skunks and should be ok to hold some decent size colas. A few of these plants are getting more green than I'd like so I used a little less CalMag today in the feed for everyone and also diluted with a few extra liters to 2 gallons. I'm sure they will be fine and start using up some of that green soon, maybe.. We will see how these nutrients play out in flower.

That's about it for this update, I'll keep it fairly short. I'm sure there will be more to talk about the next time I do a full update on these ones, who knows what may happen in the next 2 weeks :cheesygrinsmiley: Everyone have a safe and fun weekend! Keep it green out there!
Wow man, every single leaf on every single plant looks great! They are LOVING that light, and so am I. To my eye they are the perfect green. Really great job.

Tidy mate very tidy ! :goodjob::goodluck:
Thanks nutty, always glad to have you stop by. Do you happen to have a vote on what I should grow next? So far blue dream auto has 3 votes, Jack herer 2 votes, and the others are at 1 vote I believe.
Wow man, every single leaf on every single plant looks great! They are LOVING that light, and so am I. To my eye they are the perfect green. Really great job.
They do look quite good, I'm impressed so far, thank you. Most have great colored leaves but a few have some darker ones. Could be the added calmag since it has 1% N.

would defo go blue dream , i tried getting that strain before but was sold out , so must be popular , i have more seeds than i can handle now so i wont be needing to buy any until something really catches my eye ,
let me know and tag when your running :goodluck:

would defo go blue dream , i tried getting that strain before but was sold out , so must be popular , i have more seeds than i can handle now so i wont be needing to buy any until something really catches my eye ,
let me know and tag when your running :goodluck:
I'm sure it's more than readily available at multiple breeders now. These were freebies from garden of green seeds.

Thanks for your vote good sir and I will certainly tag you when they get going. I will be starting a 2nd journal for my new tent when the time comes.

I'll drop a few early morning pictures of the girls pretty much right at lights on. I woke up later than normal this morning, so when I went downstairs I realized the light had just come on at 9am. So I popped in and grabbed a couple pictures to start the day off.

All the potted plants are looking happy after about 15 minutes of light. I had a quick peek during lights off last night and they weren't as perky since they were fed, but didn't take long this morning apparently to right themselves, just like myself :laughtwo:

I'll be back a bit later this morning/afternoon with a dwc update on the 2 big bangs. Thanks for stopping by everyone, I appreciate you all being here!

**DWC Update**Day 3 Flower**

Good day folks! I hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying medicated! We are back again, on day 3 of flower in the grow room where we will have a look at the 2 Big Bang plants in the DWC buckets. So far from what I'm seeing we either have 2 different phenotypes here or the smaller less happy looking one had some damage early on. Time will tell all. Lets see how these 2 are doing now since the flip.

Big Bang - Day 45 + 3

I pulled both buckets out to the edge of the light today to get some bending done on the tops and check the reservoirs. I don't have spots to anchor the plants branches down for LST so I've just been slowly bending them outward over the last few days to get them spread apart some. Next round I will modify the bucket lids to have a bunch of small anchor points around the edge, unsure what I will use yet but I have a few ideas that may work with my garden wires which would be convenient. So far the bending seems to be helping spread things out at least and allowing the lower growth to get some light, even if they do look a little funky at the moment. I'll be leaving the rest of the growth on these plants alone and just let them grow, this will help me learn some things that I can do better next time.

The roots on both plants are looking really healthy and clean. There's still a small amount of staining up near the net pot but no concerns there, the rest of these roots are nice and white and the root balls are growing more every time I have a peek. I managed to get some pictures by myself today, they don't show a lot of the whiteness due to the light behind them but I'm happy and the roots look happy. Here's the readings for today.

PH / TDS / Temp (c)
Bucket 1 - 5.52 / 677 / 19.2
Bucket 2 - 5.44 / 637 / 19.2

I'd like to see the ph go up closer to 5.8, but the buffers don't seem to want to carry it up there.

Stalks are bulking up nicely, I am starting to see that hydro plants really fatten up to hold up some large colas. Not that I'm going to get any massive amounts off these plants but that's fine, it's certainly getting me in the groove for the next grow. Can you tell I'm excited to try it again? That's a good thing!

Only other thing I did to these plants today was clipped a couple more leaves that were getting big and in the way. They were really blocking the lower growth as they were right on top and in the middle. No more clipping, hopefully they will stretch a little and we can just tuck leaves in and out of the way.

That's it for today. We will let things grow for a couple days and I will do another update to see where things are at. Hopefully we will start seeing signs of pistils on these plants by then. Have a great day everyone! Back to work tomorrow. Take care and keep it green!

Hey, @dick23rk as everyone has been saying it looks amazing over here. I also grew 1 blue dream from garden of green seeds. I grew it in a 5 gallon fabric pot. I was super happy with that one. Easy plant, loved training, and the smoke was amazing (in my experience). Would recommend that. Also, I agree on the control aspect issue with JH. Was really bummed 1 was an auto but the others showed promise. If I had to chose between the 2 I'd say BD but I got to actually smoke that one

Hey, @dick23rk as everyone has been saying it looks amazing over here. I also grew 1 blue dream from garden of green seeds. I grew it in a 5 gallon fabric pot. I was super happy with that one. Easy plant, loved training, and the smoke was amazing (in my experience). Would recommend that. Also, I agree on the control aspect issue with JH. Was really bummed 1 was an auto but the others showed promise. If I had to chose between the 2 I'd say BD but I got to actually smoke that one
Thanks MG! So far it's looking like the people of the garden want to see a blue dream auto grow, so that's likely what's going to happen once I'm ready to get the tent fired up along with the new journal for it. I'll be sure to tag ya.

I'll get to the JH here eventually I'm sure. There's so many to pick from with all the single freebies I got kicking around here lol

They look stellar, Dick! Great work!

BTW, this update I was able to give the plants my undivided attention because you left you-know-what out of the pics. :laughtwo:

What a beautifully managed grow. Perfectly manicured for maximum yield. Expertly done, Dick!
Why thank you rider, very flattered. I didn't want to pick at them too much this round, I need to learn from them first.
They look stellar, Dick! Great work!

BTW, this update I was able to give the plants my undivided attention because you left you-know-what out of the pics. :laughtwo:
Thanks GDB!
Well you're lucky that when I update these 2 all the other plants are in the way or in the pictures. I'll be sure to add some bright shiny lights next time though :laughtwo:

Ok, so you top at the 2nd node to create 4 main colas & you are growing in a block formation.

Scrog is hassle who wants to deal with nets :rip: when X amount of plants trained in a very easy fashion to produce more colas = SOG.

Back
Top Bottom