Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

**Potted Plant Update**Day 32 Flower**

Hello again everyone! I'm sorry for the long delay in some sort of an update, some things came up this weekend and we ended up not being around the house as often as we figured. Fishing was one day, and I've yet to catch a dam fish, I think it's time to throw in the towel :laughtwo: We tried to get out while we could and have some family time when it wasn't raining, should be clear sailing this week.

So... as you're all aware now, 7 plants in the banana box (jail) and only 3 left in the flower room plus the 2 dwc girls. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more herms yet.. I went in there this morning just before the lights came on and realized I didn't properly close the flap on the tent and there was a little light shining through. I can't believe myself, things were going so well and then it all went downhill. I've had a bit of a rough patch the past few weeks mentally so there's no one or nothing else to blame but myself in the end. Mistakes have been made and I must carry on, hopefully this was my lesson learned.

The 3 potted plants in the room are looking great, I haven't found any signs of male parts yet and I'm looking fairly closely every couple days as best I can without disturbing too man buds. Trichomes are packing on nicely and the buds are actually starting to thicken up now that they're done stacking. They will be getting a full feeding today, as the other day was just a sip to keep them going.
These 3 skunk plants are on day 91 (59 +32)

And now on to... The Banana Box
These ladies things have been sitting quietly in their hot and isolated area with the breeze of a box fan blowing into the door opening. I have not fed them again yet since they came out here as the humidity in the garage right now is higher than the basement due to rainy days. Being under that hps light has not effected them one bit, no leaf curls, no signs of thirst or disgust, it's like they wanted to different and kept separate from the regular crowd. So be it..

These plants will get finished out but with a little less love than the others. I will throw an oscillating fan in the box later today and keep it going 24hrs to avoid any major moisture build up. I haven't taken the plants out of the box since they went in there and likely wont until they need to be fed. When I do that I will grab some more photos of them, it's just not ideal for me to move them in and out that many times.
The Sundae Banana Cookies are on day 83 (51 + 32)

I will be sure to make my next update a little more informative, I got a little slack here for a bit and I need to change that. Time to look forward and have a positive attitude on what I plan to do next in the grow room. There is likely to be some more changes once these plants are finished as well, it's all trial and error until I find something that works best for me.
I hope you're all having a great long weekend for those who are in Canada! And for those who are not, I hope your weekend was well and back to work Monday wasn't too rough on you. Take care everyone
Again sry about the crazy couple of weeks, can definitely relate. As for your fishing, about all I can do at the moment and I’ve caught two pike and a bass. Here in Southern Ontario bass season doesn’t open til 4th Saturday in June so no pic, quick release. I caught all on a small jig(chartreuse, white and black) with berkley gulp 3 inch minnows. Maybe try that if you go out again depending on what your targeting. The pike were also released as I don’t typically eat fish, just love the fight catching them. Would like to net a few Walleye though, as one of the few I will eat!.
Your three ladies are looking great, hope you continue without issue self induced or not! Lol!

CA781D23-A27D-4AD1-AEAD-549A37ABD150.jpeg

4257377B-C019-45F1-9259-45546C10E38C.jpeg

Good to hear man, also congrats on the new job!
Thanks a lot, I think I'm going to like this one. Even if it is a more labour intensive position.
Don’t give up on the plant with the nanners! I had one go that way in my last grow and using the same glasses that GDB recommended I cut every nanner out with a tiny pair of iris scissors. It was energy intensive but worth it in the end.

Rider509 battling giant bananas
Rider509 battling giant bananas
A little late for that one unfortunately since it's likely been pollinated by the others with sacs. I will still get what I want out of them in the end, just not in a smokable form. I'm hoping to find a few SBC buds that aren't riddled with seeds in the end so I cant taste some of the smoke though.

Love that picture of you fighting off them bananas! What a weapon you have :laughtwo:
Again sry about the crazy couple of weeks, can definitely relate. As for your fishing, about all I can do at the moment and I’ve caught two pike and a bass. Here in Southern Ontario bass season doesn’t open til 4th Saturday in June so no pic, quick release. I caught all on a small jig(chartreuse, white and black) with berkley gulp 3 inch minnows. Maybe try that if you go out again or Maybe try that if you go out again or depending on what your targeting depending on what your targeting. The pike were also released as I don’t typically eat fish, just love the fight catching them. Would like to net a few Walleye though, as one of the few I will eat!.
Your three ladies are looking great, hope you continue without issue self induced or not! Lol!
Not a bad looking pike, that's about the same size as what the wife caught this weekend. Normally all we need to use here is a 2 or 3 inch single/twin tail grub on a jig head and you can catch anything from small walleye to large pike. Mostly that is all we target here unless we go to one of the stocked trout ponds. There is some largemouth bass here in one of our dam reservoirs, they like the warm water return from the power plant. I've currently been trying out a weedless rig with a 5inch worm grub on it, trying to catch a monster pike with it.

**Potted Plant Update**Day 32 Flower**

Hello again everyone! I'm sorry for the long delay in some sort of an update, some things came up this weekend and we ended up not being around the house as often as we figured. Fishing was one day, and I've yet to catch a dam fish, I think it's time to throw in the towel :laughtwo: We tried to get out while we could and have some family time when it wasn't raining, should be clear sailing this week.

So... as you're all aware now, 7 plants in the banana box (jail) and only 3 left in the flower room plus the 2 dwc girls. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more herms yet.. I went in there this morning just before the lights came on and realized I didn't properly close the flap on the tent and there was a little light shining through. I can't believe myself, things were going so well and then it all went downhill. I've had a bit of a rough patch the past few weeks mentally so there's no one or nothing else to blame but myself in the end. Mistakes have been made and I must carry on, hopefully this was my lesson learned.

The 3 potted plants in the room are looking great, I haven't found any signs of male parts yet and I'm looking fairly closely every couple days as best I can without disturbing too man buds. Trichomes are packing on nicely and the buds are actually starting to thicken up now that they're done stacking. They will be getting a full feeding today, as the other day was just a sip to keep them going.
These 3 skunk plants are on day 91 (59 +32)

And now on to... The Banana Box
These ladies things have been sitting quietly in their hot and isolated area with the breeze of a box fan blowing into the door opening. I have not fed them again yet since they came out here as the humidity in the garage right now is higher than the basement due to rainy days. Being under that hps light has not effected them one bit, no leaf curls, no signs of thirst or disgust, it's like they wanted to different and kept separate from the regular crowd. So be it..

These plants will get finished out but with a little less love than the others. I will throw an oscillating fan in the box later today and keep it going 24hrs to avoid any major moisture build up. I haven't taken the plants out of the box since they went in there and likely wont until they need to be fed. When I do that I will grab some more photos of them, it's just not ideal for me to move them in and out that many times.
The Sundae Banana Cookies are on day 83 (51 + 32)

I will be sure to make my next update a little more informative, I got a little slack here for a bit and I need to change that. Time to look forward and have a positive attitude on what I plan to do next in the grow room. There is likely to be some more changes once these plants are finished as well, it's all trial and error until I find something that works best for me.
I hope you're all having a great long weekend for those who are in Canada! And for those who are not, I hope your weekend was well and back to work Monday wasn't too rough on you. Take care everyone!
The ones you have left non hermified look AMAZING man. I so have my fingers crossed that those girls didn't get pollinated. It'll be okay, you'll do it again. Look at it as a test run for the new light. It is kind of harsh to see those hermie plants looking so fricking amazing from a distance, I gotta admit. Onwards, upwards from here.

Again sry about the crazy couple of weeks, can definitely relate. As for your fishing, about all I can do at the moment and I’ve caught two pike and a bass. Here in Southern Ontario bass season doesn’t open til 4th Saturday in June so no pic, quick release. I caught all on a small jig(chartreuse, white and black) with berkley gulp 3 inch minnows. Maybe try that if you go out again depending on what your targeting. The pike were also released as I don’t typically eat fish, just love the fight catching them. Would like to net a few Walleye though, as one of the few I will eat!.

CA781D23-A27D-4AD1-AEAD-549A37ABD150.jpeg

4257377B-C019-45F1-9259-45546C10E38C.jpeg
How hard do they fight? I've never caught one.

The ones you have left non hermified look AMAZING man. I so have my fingers crossed that those girls didn't get pollinated. It'll be okay, you'll do it again. Look at it as a test run for the new light. It is kind of harsh to see those hermie plants looking so fricking amazing from a distance, I gotta admit. Onwards, upwards from here.
Thanks Jon. We live and learn. I just got too caught up in my own head the last couple weeks. Now that I've found another solid job things should turn around and get back on a normal track. The hermie plants do still look pretty good, until they are packed with seeds at least lol.
How hard do they fight? I've never caught one.
Pike can put up some of the best fights, at least for fish in my area. The smaller ones that are up to 24" are a huge fight until bringing them out of the water, they like to flip hard. I caught a 36" pike in the river and that was what felt like a 10 minute ordeal trying to get him landed. They get up to 46-50 inches up north.

Hey everyone. I will get an update done later on today. I wanted to stop in and let you know since I haven't been on the forum all week. The new job has really taken a lot out of me this week and working long hours, just enough time when I get home to check all the plants and feed if needed, then off to bed. I'm a little more refreshed today after a fairly solid sleep and it's the weekend, so I'll be back after.

Hey everyone. I will get an update done later on today. I wanted to stop in and let you know since I haven't been on the forum all week. The new job has really taken a lot out of me this week and working long hours, just enough time when I get home to check all the plants and feed if needed, then off to bed. I'm a little more refreshed today after a fairly solid sleep and it's the weekend, so I'll be back after.
:nomo:

**Potted Plant Update - Day 37 Flower**

Happy shatterday!! I hope you're all having a good start to your weekend. I sure am glad the weekend is here, my body needs it after the past 4 days of my new job. Service rig work certainly isn't an easy job as a floorhand, but I'm determined to keep going. The pay is pretty good at entry level and there's lots of room to move up through the other positions with driller being my end goal. I'm just glad to have some solid work again that will likely keep me in better shape than I have been :laughtwo:

So, on to the grow room and the banana box..

Our 3 potted ladies that are still in the flower room have been doing quite well. I haven't noticed any other balls or nanners on these 3 and I'm hoping I don't start to see any seed growth within the calyx's, so far so good during a good glance this morning. Only thing I noticed on 1 of the Skunk plants is it looks like it's going to drop a couple of the lower leaves soon which is expected to happen at this point in flower (week 5 of flower) They will likely get a feeding tomorrow evening and I am thinking about also starting to add in some terpinator as a bud booster for the final weeks of flower.

Here are the 3 in the room along with some closeup bud shots for you.

And now, "The Banana Box"..
These plants are still powering right along in the box/garage. I am quite surprised because the hps light makes it very hot in there and they are not showing any signs of issues due to the heat that generates in there. Most days during the week the door is closed up while the lights are on from 9am until whenever I get home from work, sometimes between 4 and 6pm.

The smells that are in the box are quite pungent since there is really no where for the smell to go, and the heat/humidity in there really kicks it up a notch when you open the door up.

I have not noticed any new balls growing on the SBC plants which is good but I was able to find some more broken open sacs in amongst some of the buds. The 1 Skunk plant in there is quite apparent with nanners sticking out of the majority of the colas. I am quite sure I'm going to end up with a lot of seeded buds, but no signs yet. Will be nice to get some buds that aren't packed full of seeds. My brother in-law picked up a full set of bubble bags for us to use on all these seeded buds and any sugar trim from the plants this year, so we will not be wasting too much.

All of these plants got just plain RO water in the middle of the week since I will not be feeding them full force. They seem to have liked the plain drink and not showing any issues. I will alternate back and forth from normal feeding and plain RO water until the end unless I see some major issues. Anyways, here's some photos of those plants and some bud shots too.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I will be back at some point with the dwc updates, if it's not tonight then tomorrow morning I will have it up. They will need a top up today and some love, so I'll grab photos when that time comes along. Take care and keep it green out there!

Happy shatterday!! I hope you're all having a good start to your weekend. I sure am glad the weekend is here, my body needs it after the past 4 days of my new job. Service rig work certainly isn't an easy job as a floorhand, but I'm determined to keep going. The pay is pretty good at entry level and there's lots of room to move up through the other positions with driller being my end goal. I'm just glad to have some solid work again that will likely keep me in better shape than I have been :laughtwo:

Our 3 potted ladies that are still in the flower room have been doing quite well. I haven't noticed any other balls or nanners on these 3 and I'm hoping I don't start to see any seed growth within the calyx's, so far so good during a good glance this morning. Only thing I noticed on 1 of the Skunk plants is it looks like it's going to drop a couple of the lower leaves soon which is expected to happen at this point in flower (week 5 of flower) They will likely get a feeding tomorrow evening and I am thinking about also starting to add in some terpinator as a bud booster for the final weeks of flower.

These plants are still powering right along in the box/garage. I am quite surprised because the hps light makes it very hot in there and they are not showing any signs of issues due to the heat that generates in there. Most days during the week the door is closed up while the lights are on from 9am until whenever I get home from work, sometimes between 4 and 6pm.

The smells that are in the box are quite pungent since there is really no where for the smell to go, and the heat/humidity in there really kicks it up a notch when you open the door up.

I have not noticed any new balls growing on the SBC plants which is good but I was able to find some more broken open sacs in amongst some of the buds. The 1 Skunk plant in there is quite apparent with nanners sticking out of the majority of the colas. I am quite sure I'm going to end up with a lot of seeded buds, but no signs yet. Will be nice to get some buds that aren't packed full of seeds. My brother in-law picked up a full set of bubble bags for us to use on all these seeded buds and any sugar trim from the plants this year, so we will not be wasting too much.

All of these plants got just plain RO water in the middle of the week since I will not be feeding them full force. They seem to have liked the plain drink and not showing any issues. I will alternate back and forth from normal feeding and plain RO water until the end unless I see some major issues. Anyways, here's some photos of those plants and some bud shots too.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I will be back at some point with the dwc updates, if it's not tonight then tomorrow morning I will have it up. They will need a top up today and some love, so I'll grab photos when that time comes along. Take care and keep it green out there!
Those potted plants are like perfect towers of symmetry. It's amazing. Absolutely beautiful. And those buds will be gigantic. Gorgeous photos too, man, nice work.

Your plants are one of my models for what a healthy plant in flower looks like. Thanks.

**All-in-one Update - Flower Day 45**

Hey everyone, I finally gathered up some energy and motivation to get in the garden this morning and get all my pictures taken for the update here. Been busy, busy as usual this week as well as this weekend and I'm still behind on chores lol. Going to be another hectic day likely as I scramble to get things done before going back to work tomorrow. Sorry to everyone for the lack of updates compared to how steady this journal was not long ago, I hope to get back on track soon and start getting some sort of updates done during the week as well.

So as for how the gardens are doing as a whole, things aren't going too horrible. Nothing has died yet or gone completely to seed so I'm happy for that. I know I will find seeds in the buds eventually but maybe not quite as many as I thought, time will tell.

Big Bang - Day 90 (45 + 45)
The DWC plants are still pumping along but will not let go of the magnesium deficiency. I never got to start the epsom salt treatment that was suggested, this is totally my fault and I should have done something about it sooner, my head just wasn't in the right place for a little while. I will continue to let them grow and I get what I get from them this time around. The roots continue to look quite healthy and have really bulked up, I didn't get any pictures of them this time as I didn't have a helping hand available, I will get some next time. They are drinking at least 2-3 liters a day, so in about a week there isn't much solution left in the bottom, the last top ups were about 2 gallons in each bucket. Still using the same solution of 1ml/L calimagic, 5ml/L Mantis and 5ml/G UC Roots. Res temps had gotten up to around 22 during the heat wave but still normally holding at around 20.
Sorry for the not so great pics of these plants.

Skunk #1 - Day 104 (59 + 45)
These 3 smelly ladies that are still in the flower room with the DWC seem to have been on autopilot for the most part. I had to give them some rainwater one evening to keep them going for a couple of days until I got more RO water, the system at the closest store went down and needed repairs. They didn't seem to mind it at all aside for a few lower leaves starting to yellow off, which could just be because we are into the start of week 7 now. The breeder says 50-60 days for flower, but I'm going to guess that was from the first sign of flower sites as these aren't that close to ready yet. 2 more weeks could change quite a bit though, hopefully these buds will start to fatten up here right away, they are already fairly firm and dense.

I will also include the 1 skunk plant in the Banana Box, it's been doing well. I can still see a bunch of nanners sticking out of the tops of the buds and it looks as though they are drying up now and have likely released pollen into the buds where they sit. I haven't noticed any that had broken open, but that doesn't mean anything. I don't see any seed growth on this one yet so that's a good start, but there's bound to be some.

Sundae Banana Cookies - Day 96 (51 + 45)
And now for all these ladies that got shipped to the Banana Box in the garage due to going hermaphrodite on me with that light leak. They are all doing quite well in the heat, I didn't put a thermometer in there to see what the temps are, but when I'm not home the door is closed and I'm betting it gets up over 30 in there. Still no taco'd leaves or any signs of heat stress. There are some smaller leaves that looked right shiny and a dark green, with a little bit of claw on some of the leaves, so I'd say they are taking up a little too much nitrogen for this stage of flower. I checked them over for bugs and haven't seen anything too invasive aside from the odd house fly or brown spider. I will keep checking because it's that time of year now and the bugs can easily get into this space.

Otherwise they are doing well and not showing too many bud sites with extra swollen calyx's. I'm sure a few of the ones I seen will end up being filled with seeds, but again, there should still be lots of decent bud there to use.
Oh, and these plants also got just rainwater on the last go around, just because I don't want to spend too much extra on them and the rainwater shouldn't hurt them at all.

That's it for here today. I need to go get some lunch into me and get some chores done around this place before it gets too warm. Then I'll be back again after to get caught up on others journals that I haven't even gotten to in a while. I hope you're all having a great weekend and thank you for being patient and still sticking around for the updates. I appreciate you all and the help and support that has been given in the past. :thanks:

Hey everyone, I finally gathered up some energy and motivation to get in the garden this morning and get all my pictures taken for the update here. Been busy, busy as usual this week as well as this weekend and I'm still behind on chores lol. Going to be another hectic day likely as I scramble to get things done before going back to work tomorrow. Sorry to everyone for the lack of updates compared to how steady this journal was not long ago, I hope to get back on track soon and start getting some sort of updates done during the week as well.

So as for how the gardens are doing as a whole, things aren't going too horrible. Nothing has died yet or gone completely to seed so I'm happy for that. I know I will find seeds in the buds eventually but maybe not quite as many as I thought, time will tell.

The DWC plants are still pumping along but will not let go of the magnesium deficiency. I never got to start the epsom salt treatment that was suggested, this is totally my fault and I should have done something about it sooner, my head just wasn't in the right place for a little while. I will continue to let them grow and I get what I get from them this time around. The roots continue to look quite healthy and have really bulked up, I didn't get any pictures of them this time as I didn't have a helping hand available, I will get some next time. They are drinking at least 2-3 liters a day, so in about a week there isn't much solution left in the bottom, the last top ups were about 2 gallons in each bucket. Still using the same solution of 1ml/L calimagic, 5ml/L Mantis and 5ml/G UC Roots. Res temps had gotten up to around 22 during the heat wave but still normally holding at around 20.

These 3 smelly ladies that are still in the flower room with the DWC seem to have been on autopilot for the most part. I had to give them some rainwater one evening to keep them going for a couple of days until I got more RO water, the system at the closest store went down and needed repairs. They didn't seem to mind it at all aside for a few lower leaves starting to yellow off, which could just be because we are into the start of week 7 now. The breeder says 50-60 days for flower, but I'm going to guess that was from the first sign of flower sites as these aren't that close to ready yet. 2 more weeks could change quite a bit though, hopefully these buds will start to fatten up here right away, they are already fairly firm and dense.

I will also include the 1 skunk plant in the Banana Box, it's been doing well. I can still see a bunch of nanners sticking out of the tops of the buds and it looks as though they are drying up now and have likely released pollen into the buds where they sit. I haven't noticed any that had broken open, but that doesn't mean anything. I don't see any seed growth on this one yet so that's a good start, but there's bound to be some.

And now for all these ladies that got shipped to the Banana Box in the garage due to going hermaphrodite on me with that light leak. They are all doing quite well in the heat, I didn't put a thermometer in there to see what the temps are, but when I'm not home the door is closed and I'm betting it gets up over 30 in there. Still no taco'd leaves or any signs of heat stress. There are some smaller leaves that looked right shiny and a dark green, with a little bit of claw on some of the leaves, so I'd say they are taking up a little too much nitrogen for this stage of flower. I checked them over for bugs and haven't seen anything too invasive aside from the odd house fly or brown spider. I will keep checking because it's that time of year now and the bugs can easily get into this space.

Otherwise they are doing well and not showing too many bud sites with extra swollen calyx's. I'm sure a few of the ones I seen will end up being filled with seeds, but again, there should still be lots of decent bud there to use.
Oh, and these plants also got just rainwater on the last go around, just because I don't want to spend too much extra on them and the rainwater shouldn't hurt them at all.

That's it for here today. I need to go get some lunch into me and get some chores done around this place before it gets too warm. Then I'll be back again after to get caught up on others journals that I haven't even gotten to in a while. I hope you're all having a great weekend and thank you for being patient and still sticking around for the updates. I appreciate you all and the help and support that has been given in the past. :thanks:
The symmetry never ceases to amaze me. They look great. Fat.

Is that all you've got, Dick? :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

No seriously, great update! The DWC girls are frosty for sure and all the others look content. :Rasta:

The symmetry never ceases to amaze me. They look great. Fat.
The skunks held up well to the training, but a few of the SBC's are uneven and getting wobbly lol. Thanks Jon
Is that all you've got, Dick? :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

No seriously, great update! The DWC girls are frosty for sure and all the others look content. :Rasta:
I guess I could have tried a little harder :laughtwo:
I'll be sure to blind you with light pictures next round, just for you GDB :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yep, I'll just be glad to get something from the dwc in smoke form. I definitely retained some info from trying it out though.

The skunks held up well to the training, but a few of the SBC's are uneven and getting wobbly lol. Thanks Jon

I guess I could have tried a little harder :laughtwo:
I'll be sure to blind you with light pictures next round, just for you GDB :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yep, I'll just be glad to get something from the dwc in smoke form. I definitely retained some info from trying it out though.
You know I missed pics of the @MedicGrow light! In my response, I opted to not mention my disappointment. :laughtwo:

:thumb: :thumb:

The plants look great man. So I have a question for you - how does the Mg deficiency affect the buds on that one strain, do you know? Do they get less frosty with a Mg deficiency? Grow smaller? What is the effect of the deficiency beyond how the leaves look? The buds still look great on them, just wondering if you might know?

Back
Top Bottom