Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

Wow :green_heart:

The last few pages are fast moving with all sorts going on & where do you even begin to start ?

Banana tent was a groovy idea, heard some random sizzle about those seeds produced by em & never really went down that rabbit hole to far.

I did ponder over DWC at some point over the years of fuzziness & the only thing I worked out was...

The bigger the res the more stable it is between fluctuations :thumb:

Well, here is what we have come up with for now. Brother in-law came over when I told him about the plants he came over and helped me construct something right quick like.

So I've got my hps light in there in the air cooled hood, I'm unsure if I'm going to hook up the duct fan too it yet, but I should. If I don't, I do have a couple batwing reflectors I could use instead. Heat is going to be a battle in there on the really hot days, but today will test that.

Got a box fan blowing into the grow area and the garage door open for now. Lots of air flow at least since I don't have a door on there yet. During the day when I'm home I will make sure it's open. It will take some improvements yet and some black/white poly to keep light out.

If they die then there's not much else I could do but keep 4 and put them outdoors and reveg.

So here goes nothing with the new box.

Well, here is what we have come up with for now. Brother in-law came over when I told him about the plants he came over and helped me construct something right quick like.

So I've got my hps light in there in the air cooled hood, I'm unsure if I'm going to hook up the duct fan too it yet, but I should. If I don't, I do have a couple batwing reflectors I could use instead. Heat is going to be a battle in there on the really hot days, but today will test that.

Got a box fan blowing into the grow area and the garage door open for now. Lots of air flow at least since I don't have a door on there yet. During the day when I'm home I will make sure it's open. It will take some improvements yet and some black/white poly to keep light out.

If they die then there's not much else I could do but keep 4 and put them outdoors and reveg.

Ace job mate, what a save..:)

Brilliant!

**Mini Update**

Ok, so the fiasco isn't over yet. It's not a strain issue, with sundae banana cookies. It's my fault... I found a light leak from the tent. The reason I figured this out was a little bit of room research and finding out that I indeed have a light leak from the back of the tent that was up against the wall.. temporarily just fixed that problem with the poly on the wall plus some extra.

The reason I went digging though after going through all this nonsense of building a spit in the garage was that 1 of my skunk plants is pushing out nanners now. Not pollen sacs like the SBC's, straight up nanners. So now I'll get to show you what those look like and also you'll know what not to do in your grow room, and always check for light leaks thoroughly.

This plant was my favorite and best looking plant out of all 12, and it's a goner now. So not happy with myself at the moment, even the rest of my plants have been compromised and could be pollinated or also turn hermie. I just want to scream..

Hey brother I hope all is well.
Garden is looking great brother and those DWC plants r looking much better theses days.
Try not to burn yourself out brother as it seems there’s never enough time in a day.
play safe and enjoy everyone
All is well with me my friend, the garden on the other hand has taken a turn for the worse.
Looks like I have made some more work for myself in the end once again. But, as always, I'll get through it. I'm just lucky I have a little extra time on my hands compared to normal. I need to make good use of it though.
Sorry to see that Dick.

As I've never been down that road I have no advice to offer.

I will say that a pair of those jeweler's magnifiers makes it much easier to give your whole plant a thorough close-up inspection.
No problem GDB, not everyone has had to deal with this.

Those are quite the specs!! I need to get a set of those puppies! I do have a loupe, but not the steadiest hand when it comes to the precision you need to have for the smaller handheld ones. Putting them on my head would make life so much easier. Do you have this set? They work pretty good?
No way buddy:(
On a positive note, it’s very educational:)
All the newbies like me now know what they look like.
Peace an buds without seeds to ya.
Yep, you're right. The one good thing is, someone, along with myself, will learn a great deal from my mistakes. As of now it appears that it was a light leak that caused this. See my last little update for pictures of nanners now.
Sorry to hear about the nanners. I agree with hashfart on kicking them outside to the extent possible. Maybe plant a few together so two appear to be 1 haha just a thought
That would be a brilliant idea but I don't even think they would finish in time after revegging and going back into flower for the fall. I tried photoperiod plants outside a couple years ago and couldn't finish them before the cold and snow. Trying autos out there this year.
Awe man that’s shitty man, hoping you can stop anything further!
I don't think there's any stopping them now unfortunately, not after all I've seen so far today. Now I have 5 plants left to watch closely.
Hope I don’t sound like the selfish pri*k I actually am here;)
Nah no worries, you didn't at all!
Work it, Dick! :Rasta:
I'm trying to yep, thanks for the encouragement!
Wow :green_heart:

The last few pages are fast moving with all sorts going on & where do you even begin to start ?
Sometimes I wonder that myself when it comes time to update. :laughtwo:
Banana tent was a groovy idea, heard some random sizzle about those seeds produced by em & never really went down that rabbit hole to far.
Thanks, and due to the recent events of you calling it a banana tent, then me finding actual nanners on another plant, I have named this grow area "The Banana Box" and that is how the updates will come in at the title from now on!
I did ponder over DWC at some point over the years of fuzziness & the only thing I worked out was...

The bigger the res the more stable it is between fluctuations
I have read this as well, just wanted to start out small on this one since I had much more going on.
Ace job mate, what a save..:)
Sort of a save so far. We will see if they stay alive in there. Heat is going to be an issue I think. I won't be saving much smokable bud that's for sure. But the edibles and possible hash will be great if they finish.
Brilliant!
Thanks Jon! A quick thinking project.
Hey Dick, sorry I fell behind. So many gorgeous photos of beautiful plants. Sorry to hear about the hermie, and awesome job with the new setup :high-five:
Not a problem rexer, you've had a lot going on yourself. I have kind of been the same way, I've been peeking in your journal at updates but sometimes just trying to catch up and no time to leave a worthy comment. Glad you could make it by to see the fiasco around here.
:bravo: after seeing them all in that room, kicking those girls outside just doesn't se.em right. Well, if you had to it was an option but wow, great problem solving. Well done!
Thanks MG, hopefully this will do them. I will try to keep any further light leaks out of this space, but I don't think that will stop the sacs and nanners from developing. If it really came down to it I know of a couple friends places I could take them to on a farm, they don't smoke it but there's lots of places to put them. I've just put too much into them so far.
Sorry to see, thanks for explaining and showing the difference....I was using the terminology incorrectly earlier and had no clue. Sorry again
Not a problem, it's a common misconception that I've seen before. A lot of times unless you see the solid pictures like this at once explaining the 2, or you get them yourself, you may never know what to look for. That's why this forum can be so wonderful!

Thank you all for the comments and ideas. I've never ran into this problem quite as bad. I have had the odd nanner before that I was able to pluck the ones I found when only growing a few plants. But when you get as many plants as this it gets to be very time consuming just going over every inch of each plant. This seemed to be the best option for me this far. I will try and get them to harvest and make a ton of butter and bubble hash out of all of it. I'll keep the odd buds that maybe aren't so full of seeds so I can at least try it, but I hate tasting a seed shell or husk in the doobie. We will see what happens next. For now, The Banana Box is up and running at 400watts with a box fan blowing in the door space. I will add another oscillating fan inside to help keep the heat moving out. I might soon grab another duct fan to hook to my air cooled hood and at least vent out the heat from the light. I also have a portable a/c here but that would make it a tight fit and would also need to be vented out through the wall.

That's it for now in this edition of the Banana Box. Have a great day folks.

Brother nothing to say but you my friend r the master of adapting.

This is money and may you be blessed with with many nugs. As you mentioned concentrate of sort would be the way to go.
Thanks kcco! I don't have many spaces so it was a quick thought, just reduced space in my garage. I need a garden shed.

Yeah that's about all it's going to be worth doing with it I'm afraid.

Apologies for making light of that mate.
Can’t help myself sometimes.
Didn’t realise it was such a big prob for ya, I just thought that you’d snip em off or something.
Soz:(
No worries bud, we gotta make light of bad situations at some point.
Yeah I was pissed at the time when I started seeing sacs in numbers on more than 1 plant, but it is what is it now. You can only snip them off for so long if they keep appearing as they like to grow hidden in behind the bud sites, that's where I started noticing many more of them and you just can't get them all, and they can keep popping up. I hope you've been keeping an eye on that 1 plant you found a sac on, that's how it started for me.

What really made things click here to find my issue was when I noticed that 1 skunk plant was growing nanners. Then I found that light leak behind my tent. I need to more diligent and check those things from now on.

On the plus side.. there's a lot more room to move around now. And I'm sure in 2 or 3 more weeks a new batch will be started to get ready to go in here. I will keep them in my tent until the current flowering ones finish.

All is well with me my friend, the garden on the other hand has taken a turn for the worse.
Looks like I have made some more work for myself in the end once again. But, as always, I'll get through it. I'm just lucky I have a little extra time on my hands compared to normal. I need to make good use of it though.

No problem GDB, not everyone has had to deal with this.

Those are quite the specs!! I need to get a set of those puppies! I do have a loupe, but not the steadiest hand when it comes to the precision you need to have for the smaller handheld ones. Putting them on my head would make life so much easier. Do you have this set? They work pretty good?

Yep, you're right. The one good thing is, someone, along with myself, will learn a great deal from my mistakes. As of now it appears that it was a light leak that caused this. See my last little update for pictures of nanners now.

That would be a brilliant idea but I don't even think they would finish in time after revegging and going back into flower for the fall. I tried photoperiod plants outside a couple years ago and couldn't finish them before the cold and snow. Trying autos out there this year.

I don't think there's any stopping them now unfortunately, not after all I've seen so far today. Now I have 5 plants left to watch closely.

Nah no worries, you didn't at all!

I'm trying to yep, thanks for the encouragement!

Sometimes I wonder that myself when it comes time to update. :laughtwo:

Thanks, and due to the recent events of you calling it a banana tent, then me finding actual nanners on another plant, I have named this grow area "The Banana Box" and that is how the updates will come in at the title from now on!

I have read this as well, just wanted to start out small on this one since I had much more going on.

Sort of a save so far. We will see if they stay alive in there. Heat is going to be an issue I think. I won't be saving much smokable bud that's for sure. But the edibles and possible hash will be great if they finish.

Thanks Jon! A quick thinking project.

Not a problem rexer, you've had a lot going on yourself. I have kind of been the same way, I've been peeking in your journal at updates but sometimes just trying to catch up and no time to leave a worthy comment. Glad you could make it by to see the fiasco around here.

Thanks MG, hopefully this will do them. I will try to keep any further light leaks out of this space, but I don't think that will stop the sacs and nanners from developing. If it really came down to it I know of a couple friends places I could take them to on a farm, they don't smoke it but there's lots of places to put them. I've just put too much into them so far.

Not a problem, it's a common misconception that I've seen before. A lot of times unless you see the solid pictures like this at once explaining the 2, or you get them yourself, you may never know what to look for. That's why this forum can be so wonderful!

Thank you all for the comments and ideas. I've never ran into this problem quite as bad. I have had the odd nanner before that I was able to pluck the ones I found when only growing a few plants. But when you get as many plants as this it gets to be very time consuming just going over every inch of each plant. This seemed to be the best option for me this far. I will try and get them to harvest and make a ton of butter and bubble hash out of all of it. I'll keep the odd buds that maybe aren't so full of seeds so I can at least try it, but I hate tasting a seed shell or husk in the doobie. We will see what happens next. For now, The Banana Box is up and running at 400watts with a box fan blowing in the door space. I will add another oscillating fan inside to help keep the heat moving out. I might soon grab another duct fan to hook to my air cooled hood and at least vent out the heat from the light. I also have a portable a/c here but that would make it a tight fit and would also need to be vented out through the wall.

That's it for now in this edition of the Banana Box. Have a great day folks.
Maaaaaaannnnn......All I can say is I know how you feel right now. I don't envy the feeling. I'm sorry man. You have the right attitude about it though. Nothing you can really do but watch the other five and hope. And start over again asap but not until after a very thorough cleaning of your entire grow room and every surface. That pollen can live a while. I suggest using a water and thin hydrogen peroxide mix on all your surfaces and the inside of your tents and spaces. That's what I did when this same thing happened to me on my first grow. I got luckier than you. I got the one plant out before anything popped and the rest were unaffected. Ouch. Oh well. Live and learn. I'm with you though man.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop by and let you all know that things are still pumping along here in both grow areas with no real issues. The 3 remaining potted plants in the flower room will need to be fed again today, and the dwc will get done over the weekend as well so it's topped up for most of the week.

Thins have been a little busy so that's why I wanted to stop in, I will get an update done here later today hopefully. I have some things to get done today while a couple of stores are still open. It's a long weekend here, holiday Monday, so I need to go pick up a few things and get some other projects done while I can.. I recently got a new job and started yesterday, so between the hectic beginning of the week with the hermies and having to get orientations done for the job before going out in the field, it's been busy lol. But I'm glad to have found solid work again in a new are of the oilfield, so at least I'll enjoy trying out something new. I'm hitting the service rigs, gonna be some hard work but hopefully it will pay off.

Anyways, I gotta run and get some things done. I'll try to get back here later! Take care everyone and have a great weekend if I don't see ya!

Maaaaaaannnnn......All I can say is I know how you feel right now. I don't envy the feeling. I'm sorry man. You have the right attitude about it though. Nothing you can really do but watch the other five and hope. And start over again asap but not until after a very thorough cleaning of your entire grow room and every surface. That pollen can live a while. I suggest using a water and thin hydrogen peroxide mix on all your surfaces and the inside of your tents and spaces. That's what I did when this same thing happened to me on my first grow. I got luckier than you. I got the one plant out before anything popped and the rest were unaffected. Ouch. Oh well. Live and learn. I'm with you though man.
Hey Jon, I must have missed this comment the other day, sorry.

I always try to give the room a good cleaning in between grows and while the plants are small. With the tent in there now that's a bit different of a story as things will always be getting transferred in and out. But I will be sure to get a decent cleaning done before getting anything else gets thrown into that space. As much as I want to start more beans, I need to wait as I still kind of have my hands full. 3 autos in the tent, plus there's auto seedlings for outdoors this year, 2 above ground and waiting on 3 more to break ground. And still 3 more seeds in the paper towels that may not even crack. 4 will go outside, any extras will go in with the 3 blue dream autos. That reminds me, I need to send off another email to the breeder about all these seeds that didn't pop for me. Have a great weekend sir!

Don’t give up on the plant with the nanners! I had one go that way in my last grow and using the same glasses that GDB recommended I cut every nanner out with a tiny pair of iris scissors. It was energy intensive but worth it in the end.

Rider509 battling giant bananas
Rider509 battling giant bananas

**Potted Plant Update**Day 32 Flower**

Hello again everyone! I'm sorry for the long delay in some sort of an update, some things came up this weekend and we ended up not being around the house as often as we figured. Fishing was one day, and I've yet to catch a dam fish, I think it's time to throw in the towel :laughtwo: We tried to get out while we could and have some family time when it wasn't raining, should be clear sailing this week.

So... as you're all aware now, 7 plants in the banana box (jail) and only 3 left in the flower room plus the 2 dwc girls. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more herms yet.. I went in there this morning just before the lights came on and realized I didn't properly close the flap on the tent and there was a little light shining through. I can't believe myself, things were going so well and then it all went downhill. I've had a bit of a rough patch the past few weeks mentally so there's no one or nothing else to blame but myself in the end. Mistakes have been made and I must carry on, hopefully this was my lesson learned.

The 3 potted plants in the room are looking great, I haven't found any signs of male parts yet and I'm looking fairly closely every couple days as best I can without disturbing too man buds. Trichomes are packing on nicely and the buds are actually starting to thicken up now that they're done stacking. They will be getting a full feeding today, as the other day was just a sip to keep them going.
These 3 skunk plants are on day 91 (59 +32)

And now on to... The Banana Box
These ladies things have been sitting quietly in their hot and isolated area with the breeze of a box fan blowing into the door opening. I have not fed them again yet since they came out here as the humidity in the garage right now is higher than the basement due to rainy days. Being under that hps light has not effected them one bit, no leaf curls, no signs of thirst or disgust, it's like they wanted to different and kept separate from the regular crowd. So be it..

These plants will get finished out but with a little less love than the others. I will throw an oscillating fan in the box later today and keep it going 24hrs to avoid any major moisture build up. I haven't taken the plants out of the box since they went in there and likely wont until they need to be fed. When I do that I will grab some more photos of them, it's just not ideal for me to move them in and out that many times.
The Sundae Banana Cookies are on day 83 (51 + 32)

I will be sure to make my next update a little more informative, I got a little slack here for a bit and I need to change that. Time to look forward and have a positive attitude on what I plan to do next in the grow room. There is likely to be some more changes once these plants are finished as well, it's all trial and error until I find something that works best for me.
I hope you're all having a great long weekend for those who are in Canada! And for those who are not, I hope your weekend was well and back to work Monday wasn't too rough on you. Take care everyone!

Back
Top Bottom