Diesel Auto (Fem) + Sensi Star (Fem) + Mystery Seed (Mexican Brick Weed)

Hello 42Oers

So far this past week has been stable, the female count increases. They seem to be getting I'm great shape. The leaf damage is slowly stopping but they consume a lot of water, so for every 2 waterings the following has 1 teaspoon of 1O-3O-2O Bloom booster Jacks classics, so every week I water 3 times following this schedule. Same amount of water 1gallon per watering.
To consider these seeds "feminized" there should be in my opinion O-1% males and O-5% hermies of the total plants (kinda of a random % I picked). I hate to talk like if I know something about it, but Im not a breeder, so I apologize if I lack the terms or scientific data to back my experiment here; but the seeds in test are the result of a cross using male forced to hermie, the pollen recollected then was use to self pollinate this male hermie, and the same pollen used to pollinate a female. All the seeds where then classified as mature or not, the ones that did not pass inspection are the ones in the grow, keep in mind these were not the best looking seeds. Resulst at first glance indicate a female predominance and quite a tuff seed. Still more experiments most be done to backup this theory of the Super male.
I have more of this pollen frozen for later use. The great news is on Group 4 which has by far the least suitable conditions to grow, just revealed a female within the sea of little ones. On Group 3 #7 is showing most progress but I also found one little ball around 3rd node (hermie perhaps) On group 1 & 2 everything point female.

So here are the ladies
DSC031164.JPG
DSC031173.JPG

DSC031184.JPG
DSC031194.JPG

DSC031206.JPG
DSC031216.JPG

Group 1
DSC031285.JPG
DSC031275.JPG

DSC031103.JPG
DSC031115.JPG

DSC031123.JPG
DSC031133.JPG

DSC031144.JPG
DSC031153.JPG

Group 2
DSC031265.JPG

Group 1&2
DSC031084.JPG

DSC031305.JPG
DSC031315.JPG

DSC031404.JPG

DSC031334.JPG
DSC031345.JPG

DSC031356.JPG
DSC031364.JPG

Group 3
DSC031504.JPG
DSC031513.JPG

Group 4
DSC031473.JPG
DSC031463.JPG
DSC031443.JPG
DSC031433.JPG

Grow Area
DSC031524.JPG

Hope you enjoy guys. and please do comment

I dig the tunes :thumb:

Great vibe. I like all the lil ones growing right in the bag. It brings new meaning to the term "bag seed."

Awesome strains, I'll be following your grow danishoes keep em green

I dig the tunes :thumb:

Great vibe. I like all the lil ones growing right in the bag. It brings new meaning to the term "bag seed."

Awesome strains, I'll be following your grow danishoes keep em green

Thanks for stopping by man, yeah they are cute little ones, I just started throwing seeds in a bag with soil and they came to life...

Flash Update.

Today I watered with 1 tsp Jack's blossom booster and 1 tsp molasses. Im thinking of pollinating one of these, using the same pollen from its parent and see what happens with the seeds.

DSC031654.JPG
DSC031663.JPG
DSC031673.JPG
DSC031683.JPG

The little ones are showing sex, and its looking good. I might just let them go outside in a couple of weeks to see them reveg outdoors.

Good Weednesday everyone

I vote for the re-veg!! :party:

It is so cool to see your plant revert back into a veg state, last years outdoor amazed me. I think it will do the same for you dani!

Happy WEEDnesday! :roorrip:

Also, be very careful is you decide to pollinate one of the girls, with them being so close to each other an accidental pollination to the others is very high, best green vibes your way buddy :Namaste:

I vote for the re-veg!! :party:

It is so cool to see your plant revert back into a veg state, last years outdoor amazed me. I think it will do the same for you dani!

Happy WEEDnesday! :roorrip:

Also, be very careful is you decide to pollinate one of the girls, with them being so close to each other an accidental pollination to the others is very high, best green vibes your way buddy :Namaste:

Then Re-veg it shall be my broda!

I thought about the re veg possibility cause it would allow me to clone the best pheno out of them little ones, and just continue experimenting with that breeding line.
You're absolutely right CA they are dangerously close together, a massive pollination could happen. But I really want to pollinate a particular one that has the shortest internode separation, its very compact and uniform, nice leafs, nice color, very neat phenotype. Im not to familiar with breeding terms but what could be the result of pollinating a sibling with the parent pollen ? (the mother&father being the same plant).

Again although I have no background knowledge into breeding please take everything I type with caution as I have 0 knowledge.. This is what I am not sure of is the whole deciding on what to breed with.

I have read of "back crossing" strains with the same genetics to create a more stabilized plant, this would be a plant that does not show signs of hermaphrodite, no mutant growth, etc. Although.. I'm not sure if you would want to or not want to use the same plant to back cross.

This is how I see and think of it whether right or wrong, CA has no idea this is me talking out my arse:laugh:.. In regards to a humans, crossing identically close genetics will cause mutations, deformities, etc.. This is not a good thing.

For plants on the other hand.. I could see pros and cons of both situations. Back cross with the same plant that you already crossed with to better reinforce those same genetics you want to use.. or you CANT use the same genetics because it will act like human genes and cause the un stable genetics..

So in regards to your question and my answer.... I really have no idea.. Im going to try and get some breeders over here for some background information as now, I need to narrow down this for my own wondering mind :)

CA if you have O breeding background what could I say about myself, Im not even on the line up to enter the Breeding building, thats how close I am to being a breeder lol.

What you just said true or false, caused a brain wipeout in my head. I just recently started reading some stuff on Sex chromosomes and Hermaphroditism in cannabis, stuff way very over my head. That being said, if we have no clue whats gonna happen... heck lets just pollinate and see, right?

Big up for all explorers of uncharted waters in breeding.

:high-five::)That's kinda what it comes down to brotha. I am like you, I really don't understand half the stuff I read in my scientific growing books but take it at that, someone has done it and came out victorious, so why can't we! Stated; Practice makes perfect. I love trying new things, even if I have no knowledge. I almost started day trading stocks with 0 knowledge..... that would have been an issue :laugh:!

I believe that experimenting, whatever the circumstances, will produce viable knowledge that is going to be used for the rest of your life. Super simple. If it works we will keep doing it, if it doesn't we don't do it again!

I am in for the ride Danish, can't wait to see how this rides out for ya. I have linked this thread to my page with attempts to get some more knowledgeable folks frequenting your thread :) I will check back later today, got class... BOO!!

Have a stoney day Danish!
:bong: CA215

Subbed!

I need to read the entire thread to get caught up , what is the concern on breeding? If you got some back crossing goin on you are in for an adventure <3

Thanks for stopping by man, Im gonna take a look at some back crossing, most probably after I will ask the questions. I invite you to catch up and let me know what you think, from a breeders point of view.

I am still trying to figure out what exactly you are crossing so I can give a vague idea what you can expect lol , lil slow today ><

no problem.

Basically I by accident managed to take pollen from a supposedly "male hermie" I stressed the hell out if it. Then allowed it to self pollinate, I also pollinated a female, harvested all the seeds, then selected all my best looking seeds, the ones that didn't make it are the plants you see in the 4 groups. Each group has been stressed in different ways to test their hermaphroditic gens, what I have in mind with group 4 -all the little ones in the bag- re veg them outside to see what happens. With group 3 -the ones with the lamp attached to the bucked- they will finish flower, I'm keeping a close eye on this group cause it has 2 plants that popped a couple of nanners. Group 1 & 2 are the more healthy ones, no signs of nanners, less stressed, In this group I have picked out one for its phenotype, this is the only one I want to pollinate using the same pollen that I took from the parents. The question is what is the result of pollinating a sibling with the parents pollen (keep in mind mom&dad were the same plant).

I don't know if I can call my seeds "feminized" yet, but so far not one male has shown, the count is 15 female plants minus 2 that are showing nanners.

hope you don't get lost, lol.

In my experience with feminised seeds they can be most prone to hermi. I work with a feminized strain that was created using chemical to sterilize the pollen and if the conditions are not near perfect they hermi every time. If your original father was a Hermi then your lineage will be extremely prone to hermi for first few back crosses. After a few back crosses the original strongest genetics will revert (The strongest genetics dominate the g pool) You get a 25% window in all aspect of genetic chance during the back crossing with hermi prone plants. I have a regular strain that I obtained from Hermi plants that were back crossed enough that the hermi trait was never present in my grows and the plants experienced all sorts of level of stress and shock. What I was told by the original breeder of those was they attempted to breed the Hermi out and it seems to have worked. Another way they did it was to cross with another strain to help stabilize it but I still have not experienced that cross and if it really worked I will never be able to test out the cross for sex viability.

Feminized can be tricky there are several ways it is done , if done from bolting "Forcing the female sensi plant to continue growing till it panicks and pops balls in desperation to self pollinate" viability is 25% chance of feminized , 25% chance of Hermi and 25% chance of reverting and 25% chance of becoming regular again.

What I see from most of your strains , the structure is dominant with SensiStar. Gorgeous structure and legendary genetics , this goes to show why it is a "Breeder" fave lol

My info might not be complete here I am still foggy today.... I can later explain more and we can share ideas as we are both learning the hard way haha

oh boy I need some Sativa magic and a couple of hours to understand what you just said bro... lol

Im gonna do some reading about what you just said, and we can keep on sharing ideas and thoughts, I'm glad more people come to share ideas on this thread and that way we can all GROW equal knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom