Diesel Auto (Fem) + Sensi Star (Fem) + Mystery Seed (Mexican Brick Weed)

How did your plants come through?

Well I had to cut several that were more dead than alive, I have restored their greenness they still look very deficient. Slowly been adding food in their water, but I lost all the big fan leaves they where all pretty dead, buds were very dry looking... now they look resinous like normal. The 4 days I was out stunt all the plants and almost cost me my whole 4 months of experiment... I will post some pics later this week once they come out of the ER.

thank for asking man

OUT OF THE ER.

Well here's the situation in my garden. After going on a trip for easter weekend I came back to find a disaster, long story short... the plants were almost dry/starved to death, I got them back on track but the damage to the experiment is done. Most started developing namers and I guess thats not good we don't want that cause the buds will have seeds again. I won't deny they are very sensitive to stress, they are not very stable maybe if a back cross is made it might stabilize the strain. I guess I will have to try in further experiments, I still have some polen from the father.

So most of the damage is repaired, the remaining are just scars.
BCmango fem /test1/
DSC032373.JPG
DSC032394.JPG
DSC032285.JPG

DSC032478.JPG
DSC032485.JPG
DSC032494.JPG
DSC032505.JPG
DSC032515.JPG
DSC032545.JPG
DSC032444.JPG
DSC032435.JPG
DSC032425.JPG
DSC032416.JPG

DSC032404.JPG

Supercrop
DSC032363.JPG

3 Days After
DSC032536.JPG

---------
On a side note: my summer seedlings are doing ok but the weather is not helping at all. I have Claustrum, Trainwreck, since my ny diesel died Im germinating one Brainstorm haze. I would later start a new journal for these.

A little update

I can't say they aren't getting better, little buds are swelling little by little. Did a little super crop and watered using nuts. Some seem that can be harvested by the end of the month.
DSC032584.JPG
DSC032566.JPG
DSC032595.JPG

Crazy looking Bud//
DSC032604.JPG

//Freaking naners mutant//
DSC032615.JPG

DSC032623.JPG
DSC032635.JPG
DSC032653.JPG

BCMango fem//test1/
DSC032666.JPG
DSC032675.JPG

--------
Outdoor ladies
Claustrum
DSC032684.JPG
DSC032744.JPG

Trainwreck
DSC032694.JPG
DSC032755.JPG

2 x Jamaican Sativa//house seed.
DSC032706.JPG

Brainstorm haze
DSC032724.JPG

I have a special something for my summer plants all Organic local made, just need to add some perlite and thats their new home.
Sheep Manure, Worm Castings and Organic Black Earth.
DSC032267.JPG

So I did a little gardening today, a little defol, a lot dead bottom branches cleaned all that, then watered with half a litre of vitamin water for each pot. they still have some weeks to go.
DSC032766.JPG

BcMango Fem Test1
DSC032777.JPG
DSC032784.JPG
DSC032796.JPG

These are all the little ones I had in a Bag.
DSC032815.JPG

This is the sex-mutant sativa. I guess bad gens... But the smell of the bud is very intense like citrus pine.
DSC032837.JPG
DSC032845.JPG
DSC032856.JPG

These are in a little better shape and quality from the rest. The smell of the buds is also very intense but still not as filled with resin, so Im hoping that by the next few weeks the trichs will multiple!
DSC032865.JPG
DSC032875.JPG
DSC032884.JPG
DSC032894.JPG
DSC032903.JPG
DSC032914.JPG
DSC032924.JPG
DSC032935.JPG

Lookin' good dani :) I think the resin production may be affected due to the plants attempting to form and finish the seeds. Any more bulking will be towards the seeds but not much buddage. I have been doing a little research and I wanted to leave this here for ya, I pulled this from opengrow; Here is the link
What is a Hermie/Hermaphrodite?

Does it matter?

A hermaphrodite is an organism having both male and female reproductive organs.

A hermaphrodite, or Hermie, is a Marijuana plant of one sex that develops the sexual organs of the other sex. Most commonly, a flowering female Marijuana plant will develop staminate flowers, although the reverse is also true. Primarily male hermaphrodites are not as well recognized only because few growers let their males reach a point of flowering where the pistillate would be expressed.

Hermaphrodites are generally viewed with disfavor. First, they will release pollen and ruin a sinsemelia crop, pollinating themselves and all of the other females in the room.

Second, the resulting seeds are said to be worthless, because hermaphrodite parents tend to pass on the tendency to their offspring.

Occasionally, specious staminate flowers will appear in the last days of flowering of a female Marijuana plant. These do not drop pollen and their appearance is not considered evidence of deleterious hermaphrodites.

Hermaphrodite is used in botany to describe a flower that has both staminate (male, pollen-producing) and carpellate (female, ovule-producing) parts.

This condition is seen in many common garden plants, and stress will play a part in getting/causing hermaphrodite's.

If the pollen is viable, the plant will automatically pollinate itself (selfing) resulting in a crop that can never be sinsemilla.

Although most strains have the ability to become hermaphrodites under poor growing conditions, there are some cannabis plants that are genetically hermaphroditic and this disorder can not be reversed even under optimal growing conditions.

Abnormal bud growth is a side effect of the Hermie condition. Because the plant produces male pollen sacks with female flowers, you may notice that the bud looks different. Also, the quantity of female bud produced is decreased because of pollination.

It is not uncommon for some strains to generate a few hermaphrodites in the final weeks of flowering. This is quite a familiar condition with sinsemilla crops as some plants, in a last ditch effort to continue their line via seeds, will generate a few male flowers to try to self-pollinate.

In most cases, the pollen produced is not viable, but as a precaution you should clip them away. Simply check your sinsemilla for small yellow banana shapes in the bud during the final weeks of flowering and clip them away.

So as you can see.. it's still up in the Air..

Peace

-Gamefowl

Pluck them nanners dani :Namaste:

I wanted to leave a little input on that info I left dani, it was posted back in 09', and the foot note saying "it's still up in the air". SO, I am not 100% sure that this information is right, a lot of it does sounds right to me. Do you think those nanners released pollen? I didn't know plants could self pollinate themselves that's crazy.. I would assume this is the plants attempts in producing/releasing genetic make up to carry on the genetics.. Confusing :hmmmm:

A little update
So I Know this is not the best looking bud out there, but Im trying a technique to drying and this is how it looks after 4 days drying.
DSC032994.JPG
DSC033002.JPG
DSC033033.JPG
DSC033043.JPG
DSC033066.JPG

For the rest of the indoor girls deadline is the end of the month. Only BcMango Fem/Test 1 that is begun flowering will remain in the tent.
--------
On the Outdoors the ladies are getting fit for summer heat.
Claustrum fem
DSC033075.JPG
DSC033085.JPG

Trainwreck fem
DSC033095.JPG
DSC033103.JPG

Brainstorm Haze fem
DSC033113.JPG

Jamaican Sativa reg //house strain
DSC033133.JPG

Re-uploaded Non 420 Green Onions have been moved to a non 420 Gardening thread (Link here) :Namaste:

The gang
DSC033152.JPG

I wanted to leave a little input on that info I left dani, it was posted back in 09', and the foot note saying "it's still up in the air". SO, I am not 100% sure that this information is right, a lot of it does sounds right to me. Do you think those nanners released pollen? I didn't know plants could self pollinate themselves that's crazy.. I would assume this is the plants attempts in producing/releasing genetic make up to carry on the genetics.. Confusing :hmmmm:

Its kinda crazy how Cannabis is so intelligent its capable of changing sex, auto pollinate it self, create seeds and still have medicinal properties, I do believe the nanners did release some pollen cause it got the plant to produce seeds, now I still have to do another experiment to really test the genetics of the seeds I made a couple months ago to really find out if they are genetically Hermaphrodites or It was a consequence of me leaving for 4 days and my plants stressed/starved almost to death, poor girls had it ruff...

I harvested some that started to get very deficient, I also cut all the little popcorn under develop plants. Im still going to let them goo a few more days for those that remain. This first chop, they all got trimmed and rolled in brown paper to dry.
DSC033181.JPG
DSC033191.JPG
DSC033202.JPG

Next to harvest
DSC033253.JPG

---------
BcMango fem/test 1
They're doing wonderful, by the time I finish harvesting the little ones, these two BcMango will have all the tent for them selfs so Its great they are going to get all the light possible, and hopefully some fat buds. They started 12/12 from seed and they are looking big, so the possibilities if they veg for a good two months are promising.
DSC033212.JPG
DSC033222.JPG
DSC033232.JPG
DSC033243.JPG

---------
Last but not least the outdoor ladies
Claustrum
DSC033284.JPG

Trainwreck
DSC033306.JPG

Brainstorm Haze
DSC033274.JPG

Jamaican Sativa//house strain
DSC033263.JPG

DSC033316.JPG

Good Monday everyone
Positive Vibrations

UPDATE MONDAY.

I got nice update since its been a while and I've been busy working but finally I had time to catch up, Girls in the tent are all harvested, dried and curing, and I have been smoking and its only getting better as the curing continues. The look of the buds don't do justice to the nice high it gives, very earthy taste with a hit of citrus similar to the acidity and sweetness of grapefruit, very skunky when you burn it. The high is very relaxing less body more head high, It leaves me speechless I just wonder around inside my thoughts, great for meditation and relaxation. I will definitely keep working on the genetics of this "new strain" I crossed, I wanna really take it to the next level with this one the results are promising. I haven't thought of a name yet but its a mix of mexican and jamaican seeds... I did get a lot of seeds which is a little disappointing but this is a first test of many to come. My next project with this strain is to grow out 2 dozens and pick a mother to see if I can clone once and for all, something I have never done.
-----------------
BcMango Fem/ test 1
This two ladies are doing ok, the tall one is having some heat stress because it gets really hot the first three hours when the lights go on every day... I have been watering every other day cause it gets dry sometimes and I use Jack's Classics bloom only once or twice every 2 weeks. Overall they look really strong and thriving but they still have several weeks left. The calyxes are building up really good they are big, look like a real mango tree with little green mangos. Its seems to be a success the Fem process of this strain that I really like because they only sell 'em Regular and I wanted Fem seeds :D :thumb: mission accomplished.

BcMango Fem/ test 1
DSC033544.JPG
DSC033554.JPG
DSC033564.JPG
DSC033575.JPG
DSC033585.JPG
DSC033595.JPG
DSC033605.JPG
DSC033614.JPG
DSC033625.JPG
DSC033636.JPG
DSC033644.JPG
DSC033657.JPG
DSC033664.JPG
DSC033675.JPG
DSC033686.JPG

I Just started my new outdoor journal you are all invited to check it out. Summer Grow - Sativas In the Balcony

Hope you guys enjoyed this journey as much as I did.

Bless
Positive Vibes to all

Happy FriedDAY dani! Grats on the harvest brethren, loving the outdoor girls glad to see you able to take advantage of the sun :surf:
That Trainwreck looks damn sexy :thumb: Stay safe :peace:

Thanks for the complements CA, me too Im loving the sun finally the cold Is gone time for some summer fun! You are more than welcome to check out the new Summer Grow Journal broda, I got the girls trained :D

UPDATE

Finally My last plant is In complete dark for the next days... I've let the BCMango dry out for a week and now total darkness.
Final reports will come.
DSC034216.JPG
DSC034206.JPG
DSC034194.JPG
DSC034174.JPG
DSC034165.JPG
DSC034155.JPG

She wasn't as stressed as the last one but still got some heat stress...

Just one big bud the rest popcorn...

Final thoughts on this journal

Since the beginning of this journal it has been a non stop learning experience, even though I haven't reached outstanding yields something I really need to work on, I managed to learn and experiment with crossing strains and pollinating, I've learned considerably a lot about hermaphroditism in cannabis, the Better use of males, pros and cons aBout stressing out plants and many other little details that further on I will try to exPlore even more.

I Plan to do a second Journal Experimenting genetics stay tuned for the following.

Mean while I invite you all to lurk around my current grow Summer Grow - Sativas In the Balcony

stay safe
smoke green
good vibes

Back
Top Bottom