Dipping my toes in

CatDaddyOG

420 Member
I'm 51 retired and I need something to do... and I like weed... love weed...

I started buying everything last week and I plan on going Hydro

5x5 tent
BESTVA TF650W
6" inline with filter
2x 6" fans
1 19" oscillating fan

I plan on going with the Alien V-system (4 pots)
I need a chiller, but I have no idea what size to get (help)
I think I'm going to use the Drip Hydro feeding system

Thanks,

Hiya, welcome to 420magazine.com.

F me!

I just looked at that Alien V system 😂That’s dead serious!

I was looking at water chiller here in Thailand (for a Wasabi grow not weed) I think the one I was going to get was a 20L aquarium chiller. Here (In Thailand) it was only about $150USD

Where in the world are you based?

I’ll be back want to check out that Alien V thing some more!

I know there are few DWC peeps around. Name of one of them will pop into my head in a moment!

@Wastei I think used to do it.

IMG_8456.png

Does this not come with a nute delivery system already? Its a beast!

Any thoughts on strains you’ll grow?

Nick

IMG_8456.png

Does this not come with a nute delivery system already? Its a beast!

Any thoughts on strains you’ll grow?

Nick
Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a nutrient delivery system. I know this system is complete overkill but it had a couple of things I wanted. It can drain the complete system, it's crazy flexible, and it has no air-stones.

Right now the only seeds I have are Gelato 41 BX, so that's what I will grow.

Hiya, welcome to 420magazine.com.

F me!

I just looked at that Alien V system 😂That’s dead serious!

I was looking at water chiller here in Thailand (for a Wasabi grow not weed) I think the one I was going to get was a 20L aquarium chiller. Here (In Thailand) it was only about $150USD

Where in the world are you based?

I’ll be back want to check out that Alien V thing some more!

I know there are few DWC peeps around. Name of one of them will pop into my head in a moment!

@Wastei I think used to do it.
We used wort chiller coils back in the day. Converted old AC/dehumidifiers and put the cold part in a bucket with water mixed with antifreeze and the same liquid in the pump and coil going in the reservoir. Worked more than well but it's kind of a hassle to build and set up with controllers and sensors.

Aquarium chillers work but you should aim to oversize the chiller for the system.

We used wort chiller coils back in the day. Converted old AC/dehumidifiers and put the cold part in a bucket with water mixed with antifreeze and the same liquid in the pump and coil going in the reservoir. Worked more than well but it's kind of a hassle to build and set up with controllers and sensors.

Aquarium chillers work but you should aim to oversize the chiller for the system.
I've seen people doing the home brew chiller when I was in the Reef-keeping scene. I will likely just pick up a cheap Chinese 1/2 HP and call it a day.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @CatDaddyOG

That's an impressive system to start out with.
When do you think you will be able to start growing?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to 420mag :welcome: A friend of mine was just trying to sell me one of these systems but their not cheap! I use aquarium chillers and they work spot on just picked up some used ones 👍

Back
Top Bottom