P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

After reading as much I can today the best I can figure is to cut off the visible PM and start an immediate flush. I think that when I added the new fan the increased air flow spread the PM spores at an accelerated rate.

Now that I have had some time to think about it, the spots indeed are on most of the lower portions of the buds and not huge spots. The biggest spots are around an 1/8-3/16". I know that once it gets inside the big buds they're screwed so I figure I'll just cut my losses and have something left to show for all the time and effort.

What I'm really not sure of is to flush em or just chop and fast dry. They're sitting in the dark right now...

Thanks guys.

Hey DIME, Dude I know it may feel like it's too late, but I just wanted to drop by with this suggestion. My hydro guy sold me this when I was having a problem that seemed unidentifiable...Which turned out to be a cal/mag def/ph issue/needed flushed...I never tried the stuff untill...
...almost 7 weeks into flower I ended up getting some minor mold growth in the soil of one of my plants...This took care of it lickitey split....
P4300001-1.JPG

Just a thought brother, not sure if you can find it, or if it's too late or not, but anything's worth a try...:goodluck:
P.S. It can be used up to the day of harvest, on fruits and vegies, as a soil drench, foliar application, and directly to the roots...worth looking into

Blue thanks! That's the best thing my worried eyes have seen all day :)

I just started cutting off some of the small buds with spots. The majority of the PM is on the small lower buds but what's weird is it's like one or two sugar leafs per nug. Theyre not completely covered in PM but its popping up fast as hell. Would a leaf or two here and there be too much for the water cure to handle?

Also, I have a huge mason jar, could it all get put into one jar or should I put them into separate smaller jars?

Thanks Blue, You have made my day brother :Namaste:

Quix, thanks my man. Unfortunately I don't think that I have Time to try it at the rate the PM is going. I appreciate the help and the suggestion.

I'm sending reps to ya if I can since I can't shake your hand and thank you.

Take care my friend.

A single large jar will work fine bro, I think it's the best way but I don't have any.

A water cure will completely eradicate the pm, I would put everything you intend to keep into the jar and just throw out the rest.

I didn't word my first post precisely enough... this works 100% but if you have, like I did, severe bud rot - which you don't have - there's no point in trying to cure the stuff that's just consumed by mold. I could hardly stand to touch that stuff with rubber gloves on, I wasn't about to smoke it no matter what! But in your case where it's mostly or all on the surface is the perfect situation for a WC. Just put it all in the jar and follow my instructions above.

Quix, thanks my man. Unfortunately I don't think that I have Time to try it at the rate the PM is going. I appreciate the help and the suggestion.

I'm sending reps to ya if I can since I can't shake your hand and thank you.

Take care my friend.

Man the pleasure is all mine to try n help, althought I just saw Blue's post, and realized that he's 100% right. He's much more seasoned and experienced when it comes to matters such as this...I really hope to see this turn around for you my man!!:Namaste:

The main reason mold sucks is how fast it does spread and how hard it is to get rid of in late flower... and then how do you know you really got rid of it? Early in flower you can at least watch to see if any more shows up.

Q you may be able to spray that stuff up to the day of harvest, but you can also wash your tomatoes and stuff. For us it's a different issue, I'd be really leery of spraying anything on the buds the last few weeks. Soil sure, but the buds...

Man the pleasure is all mine to try n help, althought I just saw Blue's post, and realized that he's 100% right. He's much more seasoned and experienced when it comes to matters such as this...I really hope to see this turn around for you my man!!:Namaste:

I am the Bud Rot King, and don't you guys forget it :cheer:

I basically lost about a 20 zip grow to it last fall, first I had to pitch half of the grow it was so bad, all the upper parts of almost every cola were just riddled with it. And secondly I had to chop early and the 9 z's I did salvage mostly just gave me a little buzz and then a headache.

So unfortunately I am very experienced in this department, but I hope to never see it again.

Thanks guys I greatly appreciate your help.

Blue, couple more questions... Do I need to cut up the larger buds? Or cut the buds off of the stems?

Thanks very much, you are a great help to so many of us. This place is better off because of you.

Thanks guys I greatly appreciate your help.

Blue, couple more questions... Do I need to cut up the larger buds? Or cut the buds off of the stems?

Thanks very much, you are a great help to so many of us. This place is better off because of you.

Thanks dime! I think we've made a great family here and I'm glad to help when I can.

You don't need to cut up the buds and I found the bigger buds easier to work with, the less loose leaf etc the better because when you're emptying out the water you want everything but the water to stay in the jar. Little pieces tend to wash out.

I don't think it matters if you leave the stems on either, I never did because my jars are smaller.

It's really very simple, you're just submerging everything you plan on smoking later in distilled water. You won't believe the nasty shit that gets leached out.

On my first grow last summer I decided to take a small cola and practice drying/curing. It was about 95 degrees and rH here at the time, and when I looked at the bud in the curing jar after one day it was covered with surface mold, kind of looked like something you left in the fridge too long. It cured great and was the best smoke of anything in that entire grow (that's not saying much).

Here it is in the jar

DSCF0663.JPG

dried

DSCF0671.JPG

crappy pic but it was almost black... very cool looking

Woodsman's side by side of a normally cured vs water cured

DSCN2198.JPG

Woodsman's harvest :party:

DSCN2188.JPG

Totally off topic but I just ran across it again, what a grow he had!

Go for it dime, you've got nothing to lose and I'm sure it will work just fine for you.

If you don't have distilled water use tap water until you can get some... I'd just get started asap so the mold stops spreading. Good luck!

You freaking rule Blue! I can't thank you enough!!!

Ive got 20 gals of crystal clear RO sitting in waiting. Is that the fine ??

I have a ways to go... 4 branches in and I had to use rubbing alcohol on my shears already because they were glued shut. This bud is absolutely covered in trichs! I'll leave the buds sir, I decided to just cut off anything that looks like it needs it like fans and anything without trichs. Haven't found any bud rot or strange smells yet but removed the leaves that I can see PM on. Luckily there are more without than with, but seeing how fast it was spreading, I would've been screwed totally in a few more days.

I have an 80 oz mason jar I have been saving for a looong time. By the looks of it I may need some more.

Talk with ya guys in a while... Gonna make some coffee, it's gonna be a long night!

Hi DIME. :popcorn:

First I feel bad that this is happening to you, it sucks! :smokin:

However Blue is right, water cure those puppies. It is something I'm going to do in the future, when I have a good harvest. I have been lucky enough to have smoked 3 different strains that were water cured. It is potent to say the least.
No smell, no taste, but a great high! You can actually smoke water cured buds in public, no smell at all. :high-five:

Well Guys... This is gonna be a long post so have a seat, and smoke if ya got it ;). When you're done looking at the pictures, come back up and read this \/ :rofl:

The early harvest is complete and water curing. The whole process took over three hours as I was checking each bud for rot (which I did not find :high-five:). I'm very grateful to you guys for all of your help through one crazy ass ride on the grow-coaster:Namaste:

What a learning experience this has been! DIY DWC to plant warrior pots and soil, dropping the SCROG for LST, Organic AND chem nutes, the pesky PM, early harvest and now...Water Curing :loopy: Talk about a crash-course in growing :)

Despite losing around three full branches from big girl Mary-Kate and much of the lowest growth on Ashley that just looked too covered to save... these girls yielded a bunch of dense buds and a ton of fluffy, soon to be hash buds.

They know whats comming....

Harvest_Day01.jpg

The aftermath, trim and buds I didn't save

Harvest_Day03.jpg

Ashley

Harvest_Day09.jpg

Mary-Kate
Harvest_Day08.jpg

The pull...:)

Harvest_Day10.jpg

Ashley's good buds

Harvest_Day04.jpg

Harvest_Day02.jpg

Ashley's fluffy and/or small buds

Harvest_Day07.jpg

Mary-Kates good buds

Harvest_Day05.jpg

Mary-Kates fluffy and/or small buds

Harvest_Day06.jpg

Two on the left (small and fluffy buds) are 20oz Jars and big bertha (the best buds) is an 80oz jar I've been saving for the day I could fill it :high-five:

Harvest_Day11.jpg

ROOTS! They were each over 2' long but some of it came apart separating the soil.

Harvest_Day12.jpg
Harvest_Day14.jpg
Harvest_Day13.jpg

I can't help but think how much these girls would have yielded had they not been sick from day 1, but then again this started out as an experiment to see if two plants infected with pythium could be brought back to life... grown and harvested. I really have no regrets... this was such a great experience and I've gained so many new friends that I can't help but feel this was truly a success.

Thanks guys for the support, wisdom, advice, and just plain following along... and if you made it through all of this typing...thanks again :rofl:

After the curing - and drying (Which I still need to figure out)- we'll see what we have and I can give some weights.

:Namaste:

-dime

Looks like a pretty decent pull right there my friend, probably over 3 zips. Sorry about the early harvest, shit happens i suppose. We learn from it and move on :)

Side note: Did you trim up the nugs before you put em in the jars? they look a bit leafy, unless that was your intent :grinjoint:

Congrat's DIME on getting through to harvest on what was undoubtedly a tough grow and great learning experience. Even though you lost a little, it looks like you're still gonna have some fantastic buds, and like Blue said, the stuff you're water curing is stuff you can take in public and not draw attention to yourself since it won't reek either in the bag or when being smoked. :goodjob:

Thanks guys!

Xbox- yeah, the PM or any fungus sucks @$$. I now know that when clones go south and you don't have a ton of them, chuck em out and grow some healthy ones. As far as the trimming went, I didn't really know if the all the buds would end up as great smoke so I figured I'd trim the parts without trichs and save as many as I could in case I decide to make all into hash. There were soooo many trichs it felt like I had crazy glue on my fingers!

Mr K- this was definitely a trial by fire. I have a lot of good info going into the next grow. I can't wait to see what healthy plants can yield :cheer:. I guess I'll have to call this "Stealth" P91 :)

Thew1sest- Thanks brother, it is :party: time!

Great job, dime!:high-five: You've got some quality looking nugs there. Sorry we couldn't watch them ripen at tad more, but I believe you made the right decision by chopping before any rot set in and comprimised the entire harvest.
Now I'm researching fungicide like hell and I'm wondering, would an application of a fungicide( like the one Quixilver recommended )at an earlier stage in the grow( late veg or early flower )PREVENT the onset of mold and mildew at later stages?

I bought that same illuminated scope a couple months ago. I love looking at buds with it. HELL, anything with it!!!

Back
Top Bottom