Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG

Earth Worm Castings.

Would my current soil work in 3 gallons? Yep. You'll have to feed 2 or 3 times with some guano, kelp, minerals, etc. It works very well.

The High Brix method would also work. That's where I'm headed the grow after next. I may do a couple this time around, we'll see.

It's fascinating stuff....they look at things way beyond NPK. They're big into Cation Exchange, soil testing, microherd and Calcium.

They also recommend foliar spraying weekly....again, mostly calcium.

There's a bunch of science behind it but the bottom line is the Brix is off the charts.....things don't spoil, bugs hate the plants, the nutrient density in the fruit is way, way better, as is taste.

I'm hopeful it will do the same thing for weed. ( I know it will)

I'll be combining High Brix with organic food for the soil.

So second Soil mix equals high BRIX? Im in! Going to read up on it. That Zeolite seems like a cure all for a healthy soil. Azomite plus Zeolite equals mucho micro nutes!

So second Soil mix equals high BRIX? Im in! Going to read up on it. That Zeolite seems like a cure all for a healthy soil. Azomite plus Zeolite equals mucho micro nutes!

Yep....but don't neglect the reading. The High Brix approach is way, way beyond NPK and micro's.......it's absolutely fascinating. All about soil energy, Calcium/phosphorus ratios, Calcium/potassium ratios, etc.

It takes organics to a completely new level.

Doc,

Holding back more questions is like torture, so I have to let a few more fly if you don't mind.

Ever heard of Bountea and the soil tab they make a tea?
Organic Compost Tea by Bountea -
I really don't have a place to brew tea right now and I do want to start using some in a week or two on the next grow.
You add a tab to a gal of water to make tea.
I know its a short cut, but is it better than no tea at all?

Also stumbled across this all in one organic soil addition.
Blended Fertilizers - Dr. Earth Products Gallery
They sell this at a local hardware. Peace of Mind organic is about half hour ride for me. I know you recommended it to me a while back. But for about the same price I save about 4 gals of gas.

Last one and this is a little off the wall, but my friend told me to ask if there is anything beneficial to adding those sewer/septic active enzymes to the soil for some live bacteria? Something on the order of rid-x.

Earth Worm Castings.

Would my current soil work in 3 gallons? Yep. You'll have to feed 2 or 3 times with some guano, kelp, minerals, etc. It works very well.

The High Brix method would also work. That's where I'm headed the grow after next. I may do a couple this time around, we'll see.

It's fascinating stuff....they look at things way beyond NPK. They're big into Cation Exchange, soil testing, microherd and Calcium.

They also recommend foliar spraying weekly....again, mostly calcium.

There's a bunch of science behind it but the bottom line is the Brix is off the charts.....things don't spoil, bugs hate the plants, the nutrient density in the fruit is way, way better, as is taste.

I'm hopeful it will do the same thing for weed. ( I know it will)

I'll be combining High Brix with organic food for the soil.

Brix... Just got through reading most of what I could find on the soil food web... Then I was about to do some research on plant tissue culture. Now you hit me with learning about High Brix gardening!

Doc... I have to ask... You work in a profession that's demanding in many ways, not the least of the demands is on your time. How do you find the time to research all of this, take care of your grows, update your journal, etc.?

It does sound exciting if it will bring these benefits our plant... I also wonder about the frost protection for those of us in colder climates

:Namaste:.

Brix... Just got through reading most of what I could find on the soil food web... Then I was about to do some research on plant tissue culture. Now you hit me with learning about High Brix gardening!

Doc... I have to ask... You work in a profession that's demanding in many ways, not the least of the demands is on your time. How do you find the time to research all of this, take care of your grows, update your journal, etc.?

It does sound exciting if it will bring these benefits our plant... I also wonder about the frost protection for those of us in colder climates

:Namaste:.

I have no idea how I'm able to keep up with all this stuff.....but this is just how I am. I'm always busy, always excited.....usually playing chess at the same time I'm posting here.

I'm a fanatic at everything I do.

Having said that, the Brix thing seems to me to be the most sensible, exciting thing out there.

Doc,

Holding back more questions is like torture, so I have to let a few more fly if you don't mind.

Ever heard of Bountea and the soil tab they make a tea?
Organic Compost Tea by Bountea -
I really don't have a place to brew tea right now and I do want to start using some in a week or two on the next grow.
You add a tab to a gal of water to make tea.
I know its a short cut, but is it better than no tea at all?

Also stumbled across this all in one organic soil addition.
Blended Fertilizers - Dr. Earth Products Gallery
They sell this at a local hardware. Peace of Mind organic is about half hour ride for me. I know you recommended it to me a while back. But for about the same price I save about 4 gals of gas.

Last one and this is a little off the wall, but my friend told me to ask if there is anything beneficial to adding those sewer/septic active enzymes to the soil for some live bacteria? Something on the order of rid-x.

That tea is far better than no tea at all. No problem using that tea.

Dr. Earth.....I just bought 4 boxes of soft rock phosphate from them! Good products!

I would not use those bacteria and enzymes in rid-x in a grow! Please don't do that!

Just using that tea weekly and foliar feeding with it weekly will take your grows to the next level.

High Brix= higher nutrient density. Higher Brix = more THC CBD CBN?

What do u think about a kelp meal foliar? Good micronutes substance?

Yes......kelp meal is a good foliar for sure.

However, High Brix is not about feeding the plant....it's about feeding the soil so that the soil releases all it's energy to the microbes, which release all their energy into the plant, which in turn feeds all the microbes, etc.

In High Brix methodology, foliar sprays are used to increase nutrient density in the leaves....mainly calcium and phosphorus. This in turn leads to more carbohydrates and proteins, which are sent down to the roots and fed to the microbes.

That's right.....the plant actually feeds the microbes, and in turn, the microbes feed the plant. One can't live without the other.

This was especially interesting to me:

Foliar Feed Regularly

Have you ever used an old-fashioned hand pump to draw out water from the ground? The first thing it needs is some water poured down the shaft followed by vigorous pumping on the handle. It only takes a small amount of water to "prime the pump."

Foliar feeding is like priming the pump on a growing plant. A prerequisite prior to foliar feeding is to ensure adequate minerals and biology have been added to the soil. When this is coupled with regular nutrient drenches to keep the soil energy at its peak, the plant is now ready to be "primed," via foliar feeding, for optimum production.

Lets take a closer look at what happens when a foliar spray is applied to plant leaves. A well-made foliar spray is a dilute nutrient solution. If properly constructed it will pas through the leaf surface and increase the photosynthetic capability of the plant. In other words it will allow the plant to take in more energy from the sun. The difficulty is in properly constructing the foliar spray. It is very important to fully understand what effects specific nutrients have on plants. The wrong foliar spray at the wrong time can create a tremendous yield decline. Here is a very important caution when foliar spraying: Either know what you are doing or work with a consultant who does.

When a foliar program is properly applied the mineral density within the plant is increased, as are the carbohydrates or plant sugars. This increase of plant sugars and minerals are sent to the roots of the plants, some of which are excreted out of the roots as plant exudates. This increase of plant root exudates, caused by the foliar spray, creates a ready food supply for the bacteria that live symbiotically on the plant roots. Bacteria respond to this increased food supply by making more nutrients in the soil available to the plant. These minerals are picked up by the roots and sent to the aerial part of the plant. This process explains how a foliar spray can increase brix readings.

In addition to increasing nutrient density, a foliar spray is a command to a plant's physiology. A foliar spray can either push a plant toward vegetative production i.e. growth of leaves, stems, and stalk or it can push a plant toward reproduction i.e. promotion of blossoms, flowers, and fruit set.

There's a lot to learn!

What a great way to increase carbs, the foliar spray. It really makes since about the energy in the soil. That must be why u use azomite in your teas. More ions more life. Ever think of just using their product?

What a great way to increase carbs, the foliar spray. It really makes since about the energy in the soil. That must be why u use azomite in your teas. More ions more life. Ever think of just using their product?
I always use Azomite and other micronutes in my teas...I've been trying to get this brix stuff for a while now, and I know I've definitely gotten some very dense and healthy buds....really great stuff at times.....but I know there's more possible. That's what I'm hoping this High Brix stuff is all about.

Which product are you referring to?

Doc, you say that increasing brix levels also makes bugs hate the plants. How exactly does this happen? I'm really interested in natural pest repellents.. I've been battling mites for a few months now, I've had them under control using my homemade rosemary spray, but it never seems to fully eliminate them. If I can make my plants fight them off naturally, I'm all about that

Doc, you say that increasing brix levels also makes bugs hate the plants. How exactly does this happen? I'm really interested in natural pest repellents.. I've been battling mites for a few months now, I've had them under control using my homemade rosemary spray, but it never seems to fully eliminate them. If I can make my plants fight them off naturally, I'm all about that

Since going to the supersoil I'm using now, I haven't had to deal with mite outbreaks. I've had a few mites but they don't seem to do any damage!

The weekly sprayings with worm tea combined with the overall health of the plants makes them able to resist the borg. As the Brix levels rise in the plant, it becomes less desirable to pests of all types.....even while mammals find it tastes better, etc.

So, I'm hopeful that continued clean practices, along with even healthier plants will keep my garden pests under control.

High Brix is simply another way of saying that the plant is reaching its genetic potential.

Final pics of the Lemon Thai.
The large plant is going to yield between 5 and 6 oz......but I'd say 4 oz. of ultra premium with bag appeal. The remainder will still be really good, but looser, smaller flowers. Still frosted up so much they look fake.
IMG_22305.JPG

IMG_22315.JPG

IMG_22327.JPG

IMG_22365.JPG

IMG_22378.JPG

IMG_22387.JPG

IMG_22396.JPG

IMG_22404.JPG

IMG_22414.JPG

IMG_22458.JPG

IMG_22347.JPG

IMG_22355.JPG

IMG_22434.JPG

IMG_22444.JPG

:party:
That Lemon Thai is off the hook!

IMG_22458.JPG

Seriously? Are you kidding me? :adore:

:party:
That Lemon Thai is off the hook!

IMG_22458.JPG

Seriously? Are you kidding me? :adore:

Thanks bro! Didn't pH once.....or check PPM's of anything. All done the organic way. Low temps for 12 days got the purple and a big burst of trichomes forming.

Next up:

New Zealand Purple Kush, closely followed by OG Kush and a bunch of others.

On deck: Purple Jack DJ Short's Blueberry x Jack Herer. supposed to get good and purple.

Thanks bro! Didn't pH once.....or check PPM's of anything. All done the organic way. Low temps for 12 days got the purple and a big burst of trichomes forming.

Next up:

New Zealand Purple Kush, closely followed by OG Kush and a bunch of others.

On deck: Purple Jack DJ Short's Blueberry x Jack Herer. supposed to get good and purple.

Well they look absolutely phenomenal! I don't pH either... I test my water's TA every so often...it's always right around 60, so I just use the water. But now that I'm using EWC Tea I'm getting kind of excited about going all organic. Just applied my second batch today. Maybe it was the meds, but I swear I could hear the girls thanking me... So far the only real drawback I see is that is is a lot more work than OC+! But I kind of like it, instead of tending to the garden now I'm tending to the microherd and they're tending to my garden! :)

Can't wait to see what you do next! :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom