Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

It was just an unhappy fluffy thing the whole time. It hit bloom in late fall when the humidity plummets, and went crispy right away, and then ran another y'know, 10-12 weeks like that? The subtropicals get persnickety about their humidity. :rolleyes:

It was good smoke though, and the yield was large. Just a miserable experience for all those weeks - no fun - no lush happy happy.
Not you @Graytail
This post from @Gee64 says it was shit smoke
Nice! I grew an Ace Seeds Oldtimers Haze. It went 22 weeks until the trichs were ready.

It didn't yield much but the entire plant went purple. It was very old-school. Tasted like high grade Mexican dirtweed but was very cool and fun to grow.

I wouldn't grow it again but I'm very glad I did it once. It had very similar structure and leaves.

Hopefully you get the purple gene. Its way more purple than purple kush and other similar indicas.

It was very unique, and after a year in the jar it was a coppery- bronzy brown.

Terrible smoke but very cool to grow. It had long sword-like buds like we used to get in the late 70's. Very nostalgic. More sativa-like than anything I have ever grown and I mainly grow sativas.

It was a very light feeder. I finished it out in a 10gal cloth pot without any deficiencies. Just soil, spikes, and a few teas.

Enjoy👊

Well, yeah it didn't have that wonderful fruity sativa taste, no. :laughtwo: And mine wasn't even purple. :cough:

Not you @Graytail
This post from @Gee64 says it was shit smoke
i grew a different strain though, it was just haze. Im not sure how old you guys are but if you were smoking weed in the 70s you know how far it has come. There could be a very good reason for Ace to have crossed the Purple Haze with the Honduras. It was a very cool plant and if you grow a lot of sativas you will love the grow.

Seems like it works for me anyway. I only apply the foliar sprays 30 minutes before lights out
IMG_5154.jpeg

Looking amazeballs as usual Slappy! I think the general recommendations is to spray at least or approx 1 hour after lights on, so anytime after that, I think it might be kinda working for you, somewhat!!! :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

:rofl:

And the Lab guys (outdoor gardens) always said that the best time of day for foliars is when the birds start to sing.

That's about a half hour before sunrise. So ...

Not all that practical for most of us. :hmmmm:

I think it's just a matter of how much foliar the plants can use. We just waste more or less of it depending on how open the stomata are.

Thanks @weenmeoff they’re making it pretty easy for me.

🤷‍♂️ I’ve done both ways. This seems to work best for me lol.
As far as I know, just from general knowledge raising plants, the usual downside from applying water to foliage is the risk of mold. In the evening, humidity rises, the breeze dies and there's no sunshine to evaporate the moisture. You shouldn't water your lawn just before sunset, for instance.

In humid climates, that'd be important. In our indoor spaces, it's not necessarily an issue. For a couple years, I'd spray mine at mid-day - it suited my schedule - and I raised some pretty nice plants.

Best practice is to spray as close to lights-on as you can. Secondly, whenever the stomata are open.

Thirdly, whenever it suits you. :laughtwo:

I run the fans 24/7 and generally stop the foliar treatments after stretch. The 30 minutes of lights on after the spray is enough to get them dry. Also “sunrise” is different than lights on intensity. Not a fan of applying any kind of liquid to the leaves when my lights are on or about to. They always get burn spots.

Good point about lights-on.

Dark to Noon in one second? - that's a lot different than a sunrise. :laughtwo:

Thirdly, whenever it suits you. :laughtwo:

Awesomely put Gray! I miss the good old days when the entire Gang was at the ready to help.

I run the fans 24/7 and generally stop the foliar treatments after stretch. The 30 minutes of lights on after the spray is enough to get them dry. Also “sunrise” is different than lights on intensity. Not a fan of applying any kind of liquid to the leaves when my lights are on or about to. They always get burn spots.

I simply lower the intensity of my lights until they dry out but If it aint broke, slap it! :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

:bongrip: Someone needs to rig one of those grocery store produce sprayer systems for foliars.

Do PCM autodimming for the lighting drivers ... run it off an Arduino or Raspberry ...

Pipe dreams, as it were ... :bongrip:

:bongrip: Someone needs to rig one of those grocery store produce sprayer systems for foliars.

Do PCM autodimming for the lighting drivers ... run it off an Arduino or Raspberry ...

Pipe dreams, as it were ... :bongrip:
Absolutely. Totally possible and really probably not that difficult to code and program the lights to do this, even to apply the foliar but…. I like my wife and kids lol I’m out the door before the lights are on and home occasionally before they go back off.
All in good fun fellas. 👊😁:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom