Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thought this might be of interest.

IMG_3002.jpeg

That is great advice! Wait an hour to make sure, while the birds are still chirping so to speak.
Depending on the trigger, the opening and closing of stomata could slow down to a process that takes hours instead of only minutes which will slow down the growth of your plants If the supply of solutes is inadequate.

Farmer! My brother! What you got going? Anything to share? Please tell me you don’t have a journal I’m neglecting, sorry everyone, seems to be my specialty as of late, ugh
What’s Up! You only have so much time.😉
I been staying kind of low key but i still keep a little going for the family but no journals right now. I’m glad to see this thread going again, it’s great to keep your mind on what we are trying to do and how. We have a cheat code with this system!
Great hearing from you Weenmeoff. I need to check out more journals myself.

16 - 18 weeks give or take. It’s about 12 days behind the other 2.
I’ll let the other 2 finish out, repot it into a 25 gal then let it go and do its thing. Been at 12/12 for about 3 weeks and seeing good stigma production now. Figure end of January early February it should be ready. It won’t cross the line in the 10 gal it is in now.

Nice! I grew an Ace Seeds Oldtimers Haze. It went 22 weeks until the trichs were ready.

It didn't yield much but the entire plant went purple. It was very old-school. Tasted like high grade Mexican dirtweed but was very cool and fun to grow.

I wouldn't grow it again but I'm very glad I did it once. It had very similar structure and leaves.

Hopefully you get the purple gene. Its way more purple than purple kush and other similar indicas.

It was very unique, and after a year in the jar it was a coppery- bronzy brown.

Terrible smoke but very cool to grow. It had long sword-like buds like we used to get in the late 70's. Very nostalgic. More sativa-like than anything I have ever grown and I mainly grow sativas.

It was a very light feeder. I finished it out in a 10gal cloth pot without any deficiencies. Just soil, spikes, and a few teas.

Enjoy👊

Looks great!

I just sprouted a Purple Pakistani Haze. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's purple Oldtimers x PCK, and Ace says it should go 12-14 weeks, which is what I'm used to in the sativas I like.

I did an Oldtimers too, several years ago. That was my first pure subtropical sativa and it was a giant PIA!

A Giant! PIA! :laughtwo:

Later, I did a Golden Tiger that ran 16 weeks, and that went much better - upcanned it from a 6 gallon into a 15 gallon in mid-bloom and it loved the hell out of that. :headbanger:

Lol. Why was it terrible?

This is feeding and drinking quite well at the moment, I’ve got the soil to spare so figured to move it up when the space is available.

I’ve read quite a bit about this and the green Honduras haze. If I find this interesting I’ll probably search out a male to cross into some of my other selections

“Purple Honduras Haze is the result of a direct cross between our Purple Haze #23 mother and our best first generation Honduras sativa males (purple high yielding Colombian phenotype), creating a true F1 100% sativa hybrid, extremely tropical, vigorous and productive, with the qualities and characteristics of the best old purple Colombian sativas. Its psychoactivity and Haze and heirloom Colombian terpene profiles will transport you back decades… to when the true sativas had no trace of Indica influence.

Purple Honduras Haze has a growth and flower development virtually identical to pure Purple Haze, which in the right conditions of strong light intensity and stable warm temperatures produces successive and abundant reflowerings, generating gigantic final yields thanks to the hybrid vigour provided by Honduras”

Lol. Why was it terrible?

This is feeding and drinking quite well at the moment, I’ve got the soil to spare so figured to move it up when the space is available.

I’ve read quite a bit about this and the green Honduras haze. If I find this interesting I’ll probably search out a male to cross into some of my other selections
It was just an unhappy fluffy thing the whole time. It hit bloom in late fall when the humidity plummets, and went crispy right away, and then ran another y'know, 10-12 weeks like that? The subtropicals get persnickety about their humidity. :rolleyes:

It was good smoke though, and the yield was large. Just a miserable experience for all those weeks - no fun - no lush happy happy.

Maybe tomorrow I’ll squeeze some of its red blood onto my refractometer.
It's spooky to see. :laughtwo: I had a couple purples and the juice dyed the paper towel I used to wipe the lens.

Back
Top Bottom