Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Ya those led plants look quite a bit frostier!

Doc, better start flowering out that willie now??? LOL! Good luck with her this round!

I wish I could....but I have to take some clones! DAmn.....I'm turning into a Willie Nelson groupie....I have an unhealthy fixation with growing that plant indoors.

The LED plants really aren't frostier, but they are healthier and more delicate and the trichomes are all pristine so they look that way. I'm growing another run of Grape Ape under HPS, so I'll get a real good idea how much I like the LED based on that.

So far, I'm kinda in disbelief at how well that tray is doing.

Dude, those little willie's look so cool. Super-thin petals almost look like Cambodian. Very nice. :)

It's Vietnamese Black x Nepalese Highland. Best smoke in my cabinet, even with the new Paki trim around.

Smoke a half dozen joints of this with a couple friends over the course of an evening and you'll be BBQ'n at 3AM talking about quasars, Dead shows, surf trips in the '80's, the myth of free will, classical liberalism, philosophy of science in the East vs West, etc.

Funny....I smoked some just 20 minutes ago!

Everytime you talk about that willie high I find myself sifting through my seed stash wondering what sativa to grow! I've been saying I'd do some colombian black open pollination beans next....

You can grow it outdoors bro. Hawaii is where these strains want to grow, not some warehouse. :rollit:

These sativas are what I call noble herb. You don't get effed up or stoned. You get HIGH. Nothing wrong with stoned, mind you. There's a place for it and much more in between, but these landrace sativas grown well are the pinnacle of weed for me.

My smile muscles get a good workout, I appreciate people and things and see the good in almost everything, and I think long, long thoughts. Kinda like a kid sleeping under the stars for the first time, except I can get there with a joint of Willie Nelson and a ginger beer.

Another strange effect is that it's really easy to see through propaganda and BS in the small amount of media I expose myself to every day when I smoke WN.

I had some Paki tonite in the grow room and it's just about perfect for the Paki. I'm thinking very seriously about entering it into the LA Cannabis Cup next year. But I look at it now as something to season Wilie Nelson with....same with Harlequin.

I've gotta get some Colombian Red going to get this monkey off my back. :ganjamon:

" Another strange effect is that it's really easy to see through propaganda and BS in the small amount of media I expose myself to every day when I smoke WN".
I've been thinking for years the biggest reason there is such an anti cannabis culture in our government is because cannabis reveals truth...

You can grow it outdoors bro. Hawaii is where these strains want to grow, not some warehouse. :rollit:

These sativas are what I call noble herb. You don't get effed up or stoned. You get HIGH. Nothing wrong with stoned, mind you. There's a place for it and much more in between, but these landrace sativas grown well are the pinnacle of weed for me.

Word, Doc! I just finished growing outdoor first landrace sativas in my life, one Himalayan called Nanda Devi, related to Nepalese Highland, and an African one, Malawi Gold. In both cases it's the most amazing smoke I've had in my life, and I smoked almost everything. Now I can say that pure sativas are like Dom Perignon of marijuana basically. No commercial strains come even close!!!

They're very spiritual and euphoric, even mystical in some cases, although they can be a rocket, cause just yesterday I took one toke of Nanda Devi too much, and after half an hour I was high on the orbit without any control of what was going on. It was just too much :lot-o-toke: But even though their potency can be crazy, I really doubt I'll every go back to commercial hazes after I experienced the power of this wild genetics. Super Lemon Haze and other similar "sativas" seem now like some mid grade offspring to me. It's just not the same class :)

And these are the plants I'm talking about.

Nanda Devi
nandadevi6.jpg

Malawi Gold
malawi_gold1.jpg

Word, Doc! I just finished growing outdoor first landrace sativas in my life, one Himalayan called Nanda Devi, related to Nepalese Highland, and an African one, Malawi Gold. In both cases it's the most amazing smoke I've had in my life, and I smoked almost everything. Now I can say that pure sativas are like Dom Perignon of marijuana basically. No commercial strains come even close!!!

They're very spiritual and euphoric, even mystical in some cases, although they can be a rocket, cause just yesterday I took one toke of Nanda Devi too much, and after half an hour I was high on the orbit without any control of what was going on. It was just too much :lot-o-toke: But even though their potency can be crazy, I really doubt I'll every go back to commercial hazes after I experienced the power of this wild genetics. Super Lemon Haze and other similar "sativas" seem now like some mid grade offspring to me. It's just not the same class :)

And these are the plants I'm talking about.

Nanda Devi
nandadevi6.jpg

Malawi Gold
malawi_gold1.jpg

Just beautiful! That's something I'd love to try.

Just beautiful! That's something I'd love to try.

Doc, I can recommend both strains. Hands down, they are simply magical, and they finish in reasonable time outdoor in my zone, which is middle October. As you know very well a lot of landraces have a hard time growing indoor as they're genetically not used to, but with your skills and good LED setup you might pull it off. Of course be prepared for shitty and harsh taste, no fancy resin production and no bag appeal :) But that's just a part of the real deal, am I right? :hookah:

Doc, I can recommend both strains. Hands down, they are simply magical, and they finish in reasonable time outdoor in my zone, which is middle October. As you know very well a lot of landraces have a hard time growing indoor as they're genetically not used to, but with your skills and good LED setup you might pull it off. Of course be prepared for shitty and harsh taste, no fancy resin production and no bag appeal :) But that's just a part of the real deal, am I right? :hookah:

Bag appeal.....non-existent.

However, the Willie tastes and smells divine. It's one of the things that draws me to it.....papaya smell. And the smell of the smoke.....oh man....I always have someone else toke first just so I can smell that sweet smoke.

But bag appeal? :laughtwo: This stuff is uglier than Willie himself!

Doc, anyone else too. You ever use the roots medicinally?

The Chinese used them as a medicine thousands of years ago. Theres evidence, can´t get the source right now. But if you look for it you will find it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Bag appeal.....non-existent.

However, the Willie tastes and smells divine. It's one of the things that draws me to it.....papaya smell. And the smell of the smoke.....oh man....I always have someone else toke first just so I can smell that sweet smoke.

But bag appeal? :laughtwo: This stuff is uglier than Willie himself!

Smell-wise I had very floral expressions by the end of flowering. Malawi Gold smelled like spiced jasmine oil, and tasted dry, now I cannot recall how exactly, so I need to go there again :hookah: But Nanda Devi, although had very original smell, like lilac flower, is extremely harsh. I guess for that reason they're processing these budz into charas, which is much better-tasting. I actually managed to roll a small ball while I was chopping the plant, and this stuff was very good :)

Doc, what I think comes out in your Willie Nelson taste-wise as tropical fruit is Vietnam Black, cause I've chopped a sativa pheno of Orient Express, which is Vietnam Black x China Yunnan, and this plant had an extremely fruit expression, mainly spiced orange/cherry, but there is much more to that after some curing. Smoke is also amazing, and hash is divine. My favorite not too strong day smoke at the moment :hookah: Would love to put my hands on the original Vietnamese seeds!

That's the one:
oe37.jpg

Smell-wise I had very floral expressions by the end of flowering. Malawi Gold smelled like spiced jasmine oil, and tasted dry, now I cannot recall how exactly, so I need to go there again :hookah: But Nanda Devi, although had very original smell, like lilac flower, is extremely harsh. I guess for that reason they're processing these budz into charas, which is much better-tasting. I actually managed to roll a small ball while I was chopping the plant, and this stuff was very good :)

Doc, what I think comes out in your Willie Nelson taste-wise as tropical fruit is Vietnam Black, cause I've chopped a sativa pheno of Orient Express, which is Vietnam Black x China Yunnan, and this plant had an extremely fruit expression, mainly spiced orange/cherry, but there is much more to that after some curing. Smoke is also amazing, and hash is divine. My favorite not too strong day smoke at the moment :hookah: Would love to put my hands on the original Vietnamese seeds!

That's the one:
oe37.jpg

It's a thing of beauty!

You should try the wax I made from the Willie Nelson! It's straw/orange in appearance and has intense papaya flavor. Traveling through time and space is easy after a couple dabs of it.

Oh I'd love to try it, Doc :)

Back
Top Bottom