Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Sue, I know Doc will have the right answer, but IMO, if you want to truly experience the difference in HB soil compared to your usual soil, I'd stick with the kit as designed ... at least once. More perlite means less minerals and probably throws a small wrench in the kit formulation.

I wouldn't be eliminating the minerals, just amping up the aeration to more easily facilitate wicking. What say you Doc?

Yeah Major, I realize that may throw off the mix ratios for HB purposes.

Since I'll be doing a SWICK I believe it's in my best interest to add more perlite to the mix. I was just going to wing it, but I thought it might be best to ask.

Half a batch: half the bale of Promix + entire 15# bag of Wiggle Worm EWC + 1/2 bag of amendment + ????? Perlite.

How much would you suggest Doc? With LOS it's up to 25% additional aeration additive.

Do not add perlite. HP stands for HIGH POROSITY. It's already got plenty added.

Sue, I know Doc will have the right answer, but IMO, if you want to truly experience the difference in HB soil compared to your usual soil, I'd stick with the kit as designed ... at least once. More perlite means less minerals and probably throws a small wrench in the kit formulation.

I don't mind if she does a SWICK, but adding perlite would not be a good thing, IMO.

Ok. No perlite. I LOVE MIXING SOIL!!!

Question: should I save out any EWC for top dressing?

This time yes.....but next time, I'm hoping you do your mulchy thing instead or something like that.

Do you mean living mulch or decomposing mulch so we can watch the soil devour it?

Wow this is all crazy new to me I just watched a video of a guy that had worms and some other bugs along with living mulch all organic and he used aloe plant to clone

Wow this is all crazy new to me I just watched a video of a guy that had worms and some other bugs along with living mulch all organic and he used aloe plant to clone

Welcome to my world. :blushsmile: Welcome to the wonderful world of Living Organic Soil. :love:

Hey doc was gonna pm but this will be quicker

So the bud sites are pretty set I added 1/6th lb of recharge
And watered with GE. Next watering should I use cat or wait till one more.

DSC_31192.JPG

Doc, why the 30 day "cook" time?

The main reason, aside from the obvious (takes time for microbial action to break down the rocks) is to form a battery. The calcium and phosphorus in the various rock powders combine and react and form a battery out of the soil.

Too much organic matter decreases the strength of the battery and gum up the microbes. Mainly we want minerals, with just a wee bit or organic material in the soil. MInerals take time to break down and during the first 2 weeks the soil is actually toxic, due to the combination/reaction of phosphorus and calcium.

I've seen no reason for DeStress yet should I none the less? Missed two brix sprays. Foliar is a added step for me now again so just forgot. Lots of plants so Lil time.

Back
Top Bottom