Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

This is especially purdy. :love:

420-magazine-mobile1353143462.jpg

Did you backbuild those or did it just grow that way? They look like they stink. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful vegging girls, too. :bravo:

I tried back build on that one but I was really late when I tried. I can't quite remember when your supposed to do it. I think when stretch stops, right? I was way late in that case. Lol mod flower I think.

Chopping soon and wonder about a post on bud washing. Someone said it would be cleaner to just use H2O2 and rinse rather than baking soda and lemon juice for reasons of residue and effectiveness. Any thoughts or follow ups? I am going to do this with a mild h2o2 solution and wonder a good ratio for cleaning purposes only, no bugs or mildew problems. Unless this has already been hashed out.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey guys, just had a quick question. When you dry, do you remove the buds right away and let them dry on a rack? Or do you hang them up while still on the branch? I've seen both done and wanted some opinions on both. To me, it would seem easier and more efficient to trim the buds off right away and dry them in a net rack. But I wouldn't want to do this if there is any benefit to leaving them on the branch.

Chopping soon and wonder about a post on bud washing. Someone said it would be cleaner to just use H2O2 and rinse rather than baking soda and lemon juice for reasons of residue and effectiveness. Any thoughts or follow ups? I am going to do this with a mild h2o2 solution and wonder a good ratio for cleaning purposes only, no bugs or mildew problems. Unless this has already been hashed out.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I don't know who "someone" is, but I've run across a lot of people who know folks who have cousins who grow in Mendo and so forth.....perhaps one of these is "someone?"

Someone says a lot of stuff....apparantly

BudWashing isn't new. It's tried and true and the method works perfectly exactly as it's described in the washing thread. I have been washing every harvest for years. So has a lot of other folks.

Just follow what works....what EVERYONE who bud washes says.....not what SOMEONE who doesn't says.

Why would you break protocol of a tried, tested, and reliable method on your first try? Because of "someone?"

Dude......just wash the friggin buds the right way and be happy.

Hey guys, just had a quick question. When you dry, do you remove the buds right away and let them dry on a rack? Or do you hang them up while still on the branch? I've seen both done and wanted some opinions on both. To me, it would seem easier and more efficient to trim the buds off right away and dry them in a net rack. But I wouldn't want to do this if there is any benefit to leaving them on the branch.

Step 1: Pull of fan leaves and anything necrotic
Step 2: Wash
Step 3: hang to dry on the stem
Step 4: After drying, snap off the buds and manicure
Step 5: Keep all that washed sugar leaf you trimmed off in order to please an ignorant public and realize you've got the best possible smoke: clean, washed, potent and delicious sugar leaf.

There ya go. It works. Try it.

Step 1: Pull of fan leaves and anything necrotic
Step 2: Wash
Step 3: hang to dry on the stem
Step 4: After drying, snap off the buds and manicure
Step 5: Keep all that washed sugar leaf you trimmed off in order to please an ignorant public and realize you've got the best possible smoke: clean, washed, potent and delicious sugar leaf.

There ya go. It works. Try it.
But like what's the benefit of hanging them by the stem? The rest of the steps I would follow anyways (cutting off the stem first or not) but I want to know the actual benefit of hanging them up versus snipping them right away

But like what's the benefit of hanging them by the stem? The rest of the steps I would follow anyways (cutting off the stem first or not) but I want to know the actual benefit of hanging them up versus snipping them right away
Leaving them on the branches will allow the moisture to go back into the stems. Putting them on a rack or screen will put flat spots on your buds unless you roll them frequently and they will dry much faster, slower is obviously better while drying. The way doc described it is what we do.

Leaving them on the branches will allow the moisture to go back into the stems. Putting them on a rack or screen will put flat spots on your buds unless you roll them frequently and they will dry much faster, slower is obviously better while drying. The way doc described it is what we do.
Perfect thats what I was looking for thanks Nis

I don't know who "someone" is, but I've run across a lot of people who know folks who have cousins who grow in Mendo and so forth.....perhaps one of these is "someone?"

Someone says a lot of stuff....apparantly

BudWashing isn't new. It's tried and true and the method works perfectly exactly as it's described in the washing thread. I have been washing every harvest for years. So has a lot of other folks.

Just follow what works....what EVERYONE who bud washes says.....not what SOMEONE who doesn't says.

Why would you break protocol of a tried, tested, and reliable method on your first try? Because of "someone?"

Dude......just wash the friggin buds the right way and be happy.

I believe that somebody is Sue and the gang over there. They've done some different testing one two different types of washing and believe a diluted H202 solution vs a lemon juice and baking soda solution cleans better and is more cost effective.

Just finished up potting to my 7 gal dunkable scrog pot and place a corded outside temp monitor
at the bottom center of the 2 gal hole before putting in the plant, Hoping I can now monitor Root temp
easily.

After potting up It occurred to me that I cold also put
a AIR STONE in BOTTOM OF POT to help oxygenate the soil ?,
not sure if this will work or not but think I will give it a try
next time I up-pot

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I believe that somebody is Sue and the gang over there. They've done some different testing one two different types of washing and believe a diluted H202 solution vs a lemon juice and baking soda solution cleans better and is more cost effective.
I'm just going to toss this out there....is it possible that if there was any residue left behind from the baking soda or lemon juice, that it would show up on a cannabis test report? We wash all of our buds and the lab results came back negative for foreign materials. If there was any residue, you would be able to see it on a micro photo, my guess is that it would look like PM since the wash doesn't remove that.

I don't know, it works for us and a lot of people.

Well, I support all washing of buds, but Lemon Juice and Soda is a much better surfactant than H202, therefore it will clean the buds much better.

I don't use H202.

I am sold on Docs method and only brought this up because a chemical engineer posted one time about h2o2 perhaps the better choice and no further comments. It has bothered me , being a bit anal. Thinking it over, a chemical engineer might not be concerned with microbes in the buds that assist curing, (another post somewhere) which h2o2 would probably kill ? LJ/BS a bit less deadly to microbes if at all? Good enough. I get like this before a chop,sorry. A-HO (anal-hashed out)

Back
Top Bottom