Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I try to replace Ape all the time! Either the strain doesn't purple up like it should, or it doesn't smell and taste as good as Ape, or a combination of the two.

I still haven't found a good replacement. I gotta have one purple, frosty bag appeal strain....and so far this one is the best I've found.

Tangie has about 3, maybe 4 weeks. I am starting to take it a bit earlier than I usually do, as the terps get more complex and "sour" when I let it go longer. They are very obviously citrus now and will stay that way for 3 more weeks at least.

BTW, the new drenches have improved terps on several strains. Are you using them now? If so, what are your thoughts?
I'll have to get back to ya on this. Tomorrow I'll sit down and compare our last 2 runs of Tut. Same cut but one was old formula and one was the new. It'll be interesting since you say something. This will be fun.

I try to replace Ape all the time! Either the strain doesn't purple up like it should, or it doesn't smell and taste as good as Ape, or a combination of the two.

I still haven't found a good replacement. I gotta have one purple, frosty bag appeal strain....and so far this one is the best I've found.

Tangie has about 3, maybe 4 weeks. I am starting to take it a bit earlier than I usually do, as the terps get more complex and "sour" when I let it go longer. They are very obviously citrus now and will stay that way for 3 more weeks at least.

BTW, the new drenches have improved terps on several strains. Are you using them now? If so, what are your thoughts?
Would these be the new drenches for the Frankenstrains? DBHBB 2.0? I bought the new drenches back in July would these be it?

Grape Ape is one of the more appealing strains I've ever seen and maaannn does it smell like straight jolly rancher grape or what?

Yep. At the time I wrote that, people were really getting into defoliation, where they take all fan leaves off the plant except the topmost fan leaf on each branch.

The rationale was that this produced more budsites. It did! But the quality went way down and I never tried it again. I still get 3-7 oz per plant.....which ain't bad at all. But they're tall, some are topped, and I like to let the leaves grow and do their thing.

It's almost as if the plants need the leaves for something.....Like they grow leaves for a reason. I know that sounds crazy to folks who like to defoliate, but I just can't help thinking that leaves are useful to the plant somehow.....

Thanks Doc! Ha ha

I would say the new drenches absolutely increase terpene production. According to the Green Flower Media courses on terpenes, 1% terps is considered high quality. I consider 1% the bear minimum. I've run 5 strains with the new drenches and so far the lowest was 1.58% and the highest was the Jamaican at 2.39%. The real test will be when the Clementine finishes. I have several terp tests on that ranging from 2.12-2.67% with the old formulas. I'm shooting for a 3% terp strain, I think the Clementine could hit that. I am sold on the new stuff for sure!

This bog strawberry was just kind of a little droopy, bumped up temps 2 degrees, she perked right up in just few hours
420-magazine-mobile1772046488.jpg

These hucks, about killed em in 1 gal , put in 12's 2 weeks ago now they've turned around
420-magazine-mobile1013350159.jpg
420-magazine-mobile544320889.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1124877546.jpg

Very possibly....I don't know just yet. Credit Cards and Paypal for sure....we'll see about the other stuff. I like it on principle, but it might not make sense with regard to the overall mission of getting the best soil into the hands of everyone who wants it.
In my opinion crypto currency is only useful for buying items that might be deemed illegal or semi-legal. To my knowledge, you sell organic gardening nutrients. Nothing illegal about that.

Back
Top Bottom