Dohc's Cannaball Run 2021

A false start tonight by OG Kush.
Looked like she was ready to go but she's got a day or two in her still.
I had to prop her up as the weight is tipping her sideways.
So I thought I'd show you my experiment.

I cocked up the late veg tent a few weeks ago. I moved them to the early flower tent and left them on 18/6.
A busy week + later they were stretched so much, I contemplated hacking them right back and keeping them in veg another month.
But in stead I decided to train them in a spiral.
Why?
It seemed the best way to get as many nodes to the surface!
So a week or so later, they are starting to take shape and I just changed them to 12/12.

If you look closely you can see the serve twisting happening.

Taking a bit of work to keep the tops popping up, but it seem to be verking!

Will see how they go in the next week or so on 12hr.
Happy daze!:thumb:

That watering unit looks really interesting Dohc.
That sort of thing could solve my issue of dehydration when I am away. Here's a pic of when my plants barely survived a week last grow without water, they came right as I caught them before they went terminal, but probably one more day and it would have probably been the big chop in the sky for them. Being able to tell it to release water from one's phone is pretty cool.
Aww man, you gotta go old school there with a cotton wick and'a bucket-O-water.. Hurts my heart.. laters

Aww man, you gotta go old school there with a cotton wick and'a bucket-O-water.. Hurts my heart.. laters
Cheers pending that's from a bit ago, and the plants did survive (well except the seedling!).

I have actually wondered about doing something like you mention between plantings, and use some sort of cotton/hemp rope that could be coiled into the soil a bit, and when needed pop the other end in a bucket of water. I just wasn't sure what would make a suitable wick for a 50L container, maybe a thick cotton cord from a haberdashery shop and quite possibly the length above ground would need to be covered in plastic or threaded thru a plastic/vinyl tube to stop it drying out before it could wick some moisture to the soil. That might be worth doing before I plant again, as it might give just enough moisture to the plants in any absence when I can't water them, which might help make the difference between survival and not.

I know Dohc's got his flash watering system he can do online which does sound great, but I got to admit that if a bucket of water and a suitable thick wick can work then that'll probably do me.

Evening morning afternoon.

Last minute entery to days final straight is.

C99 x blueberry:party:

OG is still happy hanging sideways like a drunk!

So C99 winked at me at it was all go!:laugh:

I was in such a rush to Finish that I didn't take an after trim photo :rolleyes:
You'll see in a jar soon!

C99 X blueberry is as dense and fragrant as everything dropped by the Albatross.®

I want to say she smells like blueberry hubabuba but it's sort of similar.

:p my mouth watered when I thought of that !
She's a keeper for sure!

Not a great yield from this one, but I have really rushed this grow to ensure the 25th is awesome!
I have 9 more contestants to try to get to the finish line/date, so stay tuned.
pics!

Cheers pending that's from a bit ago, and the plants did survive (well except the seedling!).

I have actually wondered about doing something like you mention between plantings, and use some sort of cotton/hemp rope that could be coiled into the soil a bit, and when needed pop the other end in a bucket of water. I just wasn't sure what would make a suitable wick for a 50L container, maybe a thick cotton cord from a haberdashery shop and quite possibly the length above ground would need to be covered in plastic or threaded thru a plastic/vinyl tube to stop it drying out before it could wick some moisture to the soil. That might be worth doing before I plant again, as it might give just enough moisture to the plants in any absence when I can't water them, which might help make the difference between survival and not.

I know Dohc's got his flash watering system he can do online which does sound great, but I got to admit that if a bucket of water and a suitable thick wick can work then that'll probably do me.
Sorry, some how missed your reply.. All my inside grows are/were from 30 odd years ago and we improvised EVERYTHING.. I think we used strips of old T-shirts, terry clothe towels, sheets.. We did a test run w/5 gallon bucket and 19 different materials.. Can't recall what worked best.. They need to go in before the soil and run well thru the soil.. In one drain hole, loop or two sitting in the bottom then out another drain hole.. Cordage run in over the top edge of the container looped down into same said container, up and out the other side.. You'll sort out the extra length of wick/cordage as you add the soil.. Don't leave it all laying in the bottom of the container.. It worked better, the wicks, (protected from drying out)* well into the soil, several inches and all the way to the bottom of the bucket.. 4 foot fluorescent bulbs used to come in a (little plastic sleeves)* so they were plentiful and easy.. Maybe I'll do an Old School Run and make a journal.. Hehe.. laters

How frosty is that Gorilla Zkittlez?! You wanted frost, you got it! And doesn’t she smell insane?
Those two are my faves at the mo. They go better for me if I leave them flipped for 80 days or more. Mind you, my rig is kind of underpowered compared to yours.
It’s cool fun seeing what you’ve done with them :high-five:

I haven’t got a GZ across the line looking decent yet. Shabby is the word that comes to mind. Nice flowers though, even though I always have the plants themselves look a bit of a car crash. Your’s looks mint! How long to go?

Finally another contestant crosses the line :party: Sage and Sour!
Again?
Yep had 2 in this run.
This one was a little littler!
Probably ran a week more than her sister.
Hope you all had a good day!

Oh got feedback on a early test of Chiquita Banana.
Yum!:laugh:
Knocked a bud off last night with my sausage fingers!

Really nice euphoric buzz!
And she is still super fresh.

Can't wait to have her in a jar.
Happy daze!:green_heart:

Thanks too @Stunger
Loved the cob update today!
Definitely going to try that out someday soon.
Does the missus know you stole the vac sealer! :laugh:
Actually it's still sitting in the garage behind the hedge trimmer! I don't know how long these things function for so I'd prefer to keep it working for further cobbing use, or if my brother and I have a successful evening's fish then maybe I'll 'discover it' and bring it in, but those nights when we catch enough to freeze are few and far between!

Actually it's still sitting in the garage behind the hedge trimmer! I don't know how long these things function for so I'd prefer to keep it working for further cobbing use, or if my brother and I have a successful evening's fish then maybe I'll 'discover it' and bring it in, but those nights when we catch enough to freeze are few and far between!
I always say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Finally we have the beautiful and smelly OG Kush.
I have waited more than a week to make sure she was ready for the chop.
This is the best by far I have grown this variety.
I have some in a jar already so the Cannaball run is done as far as smokable plants are concerned.
The next 7 are super close , but a race is a race.
All runners up will get a review in the next week or so.
Happy Monday!
:thumb: :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom