I never leave here just away sometimes. :cool:

Haha - to get new crazy idea's! :)

So they look better, but I will do the same as on the 31.12 again, just water with water at a pH of 6,5 and no nutes - to see what the runoff is again - cause I think it really just was to high from the EC and also the pH needs to be adjusted ;)

I think the soil was/is to hot - I got an EC of nearly 2,5-3mS/cm on each plant of the runoff, and I never gave them more than 1mS/cm in the water.

Haha - to get new crazy idea's! :)

Ya that's my thing. ;)

Great! Sounds like you are on to something here. I don't got any experience in what's normal in a runoff... but as u say it sounds really high. 2.3mS/cm is the highest one week in my feeding chart during bloom. I think if you get it between 1,5-2mS/cm you are good enough. You dont want to lower it to much. You probably got some magnesium lockout going on there with too much calcium.

The soil is like a buffer and keeps much of what you pour in it. So it keeps accumulating all nutes that goes in. This is what you get out if you pour in just water. So if you can find a good balance with your watering with nutes you are in the green with whats being accumulated in the soil.

The soil in my system is most of the time inactive. The roots get concentrated around the airdome which sits in a thick layer of clay pebbles. The water gets sucked up with capillary force in the pebbles and get sucked up by the roots. The pebbles contain no own nutes and the nutes in the soil never comes down to the roots if I don't water in the pot. So the plants need constant feeding/nutes from the reservoir.

When I started growing I only gave water the first 6-8weeks with one re-potting and then started to give ordinary household bloom nutes. So in a way you are trying to master this very fast and I really think you are doing a great job but there is a lot of feeling in this. There are so many variables to take in. You are getting there now! :)

Btw, a friend of mine, who has ~3m² space and has 3x 600W high pressure sodium lamps... We did some math yesterday and it was a supprise, in terms of lumen/Watt u only need about 492W of those LM301B to replace the 600W high pressure sodium lamp. Also in terms of µMol/s it's better than the sodium lamp.

We will replace one 600W sodium lamp with one on led base, but he will go for 600W led power, that means around 106000lumen @2,5A each and 12 stripes with 50W each.

The 600W sodium lamp has around 88000lumen xD

We might also add 4x Osram SSL 120 stripes, but he has to think about it.

I'm excited to build this bad boy :drool:

I
A friend of mine also just used long term nutes and not more and it also went okay, but he just grow's for fun and not for the yield.
What are long term nutes?

If I was going to use a system that requires me to use a pH and ec meter I would probably go with coco. It's very forgiving and don't need to mess around with reservoirs. Thinking I will do another coco run while waiting for my soil to cook, see if I can pump out a few autos.

Ah ok, think they use that in hempy.

I'm using doc buds kit. You don't need to use them in this method specifically. The kit has been designed so there is no need for it.

Back
Top Bottom