Dr Feelgoods Organic Grow 2011

yeah shes definitely worth waiting for. I have some about ready to chop now at week 10, but I might let them go another week or 2 and see how it goes. they're still putting out new hairs every day

My Critical Jack decided to hermi on me. I was trimming fans and found balls.

I looked her/him up and down and removed all I could find.

I wanna keep her but I'm not sure if it is safe or worth it, I don't want a seeded harvest. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it safe to keep a watchfull eye or should she go?

DSCN29161.JPG

DSCN29171.JPG

DSCN29261.JPG

Sorry man that sucks. You could keep her and continue to pull them off as you see them. I feel this would be very labor intensive and you have the chance of missing one and pollen getting onto the other two. I had a plant herm on me I got rid of her. Really it comes down to what you feel comfortable doing. Just my thoughts. :peace:

Sorry man that sucks. You could keep her and continue to pull them off as you see them. I feel this would be very labor intensive and you have the chance of missing one and pollen getting onto the other two. I had a plant herm on me I got rid of her. Really it comes down to what you feel comfortable doing. Just my thoughts. :peace:

Thanks for the reply HMG. I don't really mind labor intensive it gives me a reason to be in the grow room more.

Once a plant herms does it constantly keep producing balls through the entire flowering period?

If I miss one or two balls will all my girls be heavily seeded? (I can handle a couple seeds per bud)

I will have to think this one over.

Thanks for the reply HMG. I don't really mind labor intensive it gives me a reason to be in the grow room more.

Once a plant herms does it constantly keep producing balls through the entire flowering period?

If I miss one or two balls will all my girls be heavily seeded? (I can handle a couple seeds per bud)

I will have to think this one over.

I wish I could give you a better answer I don't have that much experience yet. It would be my guess that it will continue to produce seeds. I think with the fan constantly blowing your entire crop could get seeded.

Maybe someone with more experience can chime in and help out.

In my last grow, I had about 4 bubblegum (Serious Seeds) plants go hermie on me. There was only a couple of balls every now and then and I just kept them pulled off. I missed one once and it popped. I had just a few seeds, not many. You have to just be diligent in picking those things off. They will pop open really fast so check every day very thoroughly.

In my last grow, I had about 4 bubblegum (Serious Seeds) plants go hermie on me. There was only a couple of balls every now and then and I just kept them pulled off. I missed one once and it popped. I had just a few seeds, not many. You have to just be diligent in picking those things off. They will pop open really fast so check every day very thoroughly.

Thanks BPN, I think thats my plan for now. I would hate to throw away 1/3 of my harvest. +reps to you and HMG :thumb:

they are more likely to be female, since female pollen can only make females. The thing you have to keep an eye on is why did the plant hermie? If it were stressed into producing balls, you may have some luck with the seeds, but if they hermied for no reason, probably genetic, then it will carry on to your seeds.

they are more likely to be female, since female pollen can only make females. The thing you have to keep an eye on is why did the plant hermie? If it were stressed into producing balls, you may have some luck with the seeds, but if they hermied for no reason, probably genetic, then it will carry on to your seeds.

I'm not sure why she hermied every thing seems to be spot on ph,temps,no light leaks my rh is a little high 60% at times but I have plenty of air exchange and a fan for circulation.

I checked her again this morning and didn't see any balls, I also checked the other ladies evey thing looks good for now:scratchinghead:

Might be genetics I suppose

It could be genetics. In my last grow that included the bubble gum from serious seeds, every other strain was fine but the bubblegum just has some problem with becoming hermie and everything was spot on. I wouldn't recommend Bubble Gum from serious. If I can start a new grow in the future I will definitely try the TH seeds version. I did notice that as the grow started to finish up, fewer balls formed and the plants ended up being VERY potent so a happy ending. You will be ok, just keep an eye on those chicks with dicks lol :)

yeah probably genetic, some genetic hermie traits aren't that bad. I know the kushberry I used to grow would throw around 5 balls very early into flower no matter what, I would pick them off and there wouldn't ever be any more.

There's one solution that might help with the hermie, preventing it from pollinating the rest of the females.

Take the length and width of the hermie plant. Go to your local store that sells transparent tote or plastic container with cap (it doesn't matter if the cap is transparent or not). Get the size that that has 1/2ft on width and height more then the hermie plant. If your plant is 2ft wide and 4ft tall, get a tote that has 5-6ft wide and 2.5-3ft tall. The tote width will be the height for the plant.

Make some holes on the tote for ventilation. Put in an a/c air filter to prevent pollens from flying out and pollinate other females, and have a computer fan right by the air filter on the outside for exhaust. Have some small holes at the bottom for passive intake. You can add another a/c filter at the bottom too but it's not needed if the pull on the exhaust is strong and your fan is always on. Seal up the tote cap and you're set.

This will act as a housing to prevent pollen from escaping. It can be tough inspecting every node for pods often times we missed some or that they grew over night and busted open before we get to it.

You can let it self pollinate or continue with your daily pods removal while the plant remain in captivity. When you water/feed or removing the pods, turn off all fans including the one on the tote and wait for 10-15 mins for the air to calm down its flow. This is the best way to ensure your hermie/male do not pollinate other surrounding females when they share the same grow space.

Thanks Dr Feelgood. The idea is not mine. Found it when researching how to keep male from pollinating the near by females. Was going to use it for my breeding program but decided to use small clones instead, they only produce little amount and I don't mind accidental pollination from them. They're removed after a few pollen is matured for harvest. That's enough to create seeds for a few bud sites.

Thanks Dr Feelgood. The idea is not mine. Found it when researching how to keep male from pollinating the near by females. Was going to use it for my breeding program but decided to use small clones instead, they only produce little amount and I don't mind accidental pollination from them. They're removed after a few pollen is matured for harvest. That's enough to create seeds for a few bud sites.

I thought of doing something like that last year but it was constructed of a PVC frame and clear 3 mil plastic your idea sounds more sturdy and less ghetto though lol :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom