Dry Herb Vaporizers

Hawk518

I'm fairly new to smoking (about a year) and have tried vape cartridge pens, bongs and pipes. I had NO IDEA that there was a vape product for dry herbs! Thought they were only for concentrates. Wish I'd known this before buying my pipe. 🤦‍♂️

Looks like these devices can be pretty expensive, so I'll have to do some research. Does anybody have a brand / device that they love? What features should I be looking for? I'll check out the 420 Sponsors first.

As always, any / all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

:volcano-smiley:

I love these Dynavap thingies, they are mechanical and require a torch lighter, I've had several electric vapes but any that are portable with a battery all eventually die.
The flavour and effect is top.

IMG_1704696848115.jpg

Like @Fenderbender my go to dry herb vape is a Dynavap, the base models work great and are pretty cheap, I paid more to get a titanium Simrell Vortex, a third party offering. I have had it for a few years and quite frankly it works so well that I can't see myself spending more money to move up to anything else. The Dynavaps can be heated with anything, candle, a campfire etc. But mostly folk use a butane torch for a clean high heat, however I found these pretty temperamental in that they'd seem to clog up, so I purchased an induction heater by VapHotBox which works a treat. A grow buddy of mine uses one too, and he also uses a S&B Mighty which he likes a lot too. But I liked how the dynavap and either the torch or induction heater are separate, so if one craps out you don't have to toss the whole thing, but in saying that I think the dynavap itself after many years would be very unlikely to fail, I am sure mine will still work just as well a 100 years for now!

I'm fairly new to smoking (about a year) and have tried vape cartridge pens, bongs and pipes. I had NO IDEA that there was a vape product for dry herbs! Thought they were only for concentrates. Wish I'd known this before buying my pipe. 🤦‍♂️

Looks like these devices can be pretty expensive, so I'll have to do some research. Does anybody have a brand / device that they love? What features should I be looking for? I'll check out the 420 Sponsors first.

As always, any / all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hello @Hawk518 ,
Personally, I prefer the Silver Surfer Vaporizer (SSV). It's a "desktop" vaporizer. Yes, these are more expensive. But because I am a daily consumer of cannabis, for medical reasons, I made the investment... for my health.

What I have learned through my own experience has reaffirmed my decision in making this purchase. Why?
1) Because of its durability, it's probably the last one you'll "need" to buy.
2) Like most dry herb vaporizers, you don't ever "burn" the plant material, thereby side-stepping all the negatives of inhaling the smoke from those burning embers... and saving your lungs.
3) It's so extremely easy to use. I simply turn it on... all the way up, wait for it to warm up and inhale. I find it simple to regulate the temp by simply changing the speed of the inhale... a slower draw for higher temps and heavy, thick vapor; a faster draw for lower temps and lighter vapors that include the more delicate terpenes that get annihilated with higher temps.
4) My flower last about twice as long, saving me plenty of money in the long-run.

I hope this helps,
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Personally, I prefer the Silver Surfer Vaporizer (SSV). It's a "desktop" vaporizer. Yes, these are more expensive. But because I am a daily consumer of cannabis, for medical reasons, I made the investment... for my health.

Thanks @CBD BudMan! I hadn't even heard of the SSV before. That looks like an amazing setup, but way out of my price range.

Thanks to all for their input! Greatly appreciated. I ended up going with the Planet of the Vapes Lobo. Their sale price fit my budget and the device itself is more than I need. Really enjoying it so far! SO different than a pipe and it works really well when filtered thru a bong.

Back
Top Bottom