Dry or wet trim?

I have tri3d lots of different ones to dry over the years and i now feel that the best is..
Pull the plant with roots intact
Hang straight away upside down and dont touch her until she has snappable stems. You havre to watch RH anf keep air circulating, off the plants.
My researched and tried choice is due to the way our girls use the available sugars, carbs , chlorophyll etc.. until total mortality of live cells.
When hung/chopped/split into smaller sections , they are alive and experience the action. If allowed to slowly and naturally use up their remaining nutes , they will convert most usable ones to thc ( through active movement as they very slowly dry out. )
Trimming can be a bit more effort but if you use defoliation of the fan leaves as you grow , then the smaller sugar leaves are not too bad to remove. This is my own opinion and probably too much waiting time for some ( 10 days ish) but i swear by it now. Worth researching this method to see it put a lot better by knowledgable people on plant biology. Good luck .
can you hang to dry in a garage in daylight or is just in the dark for curing

I have tri3d lots of different ones to dry over the years and i now feel that the best is..
Pull the plant with roots intact
Hang straight away upside down and dont touch her until she has snappable stems. You havre to watch RH anf keep air circulating, off the plants.
My researched and tried choice is due to the way our girls use the available sugars, carbs , chlorophyll etc.. until total mortality of live cells.
If allowed to slowly and naturally use up their remaining nutes , they will convert most usable ones to thc ( through active movement as they very slowly dry out. )
Trimming can be a bit more effort but if you use defoliation of the fan leaves as you grow , then the smaller sugar leaves are not too bad to remove. This is my own opinion and probably too much waiting time for some ( 10 days ish) but i swear by it now. Worth researching this method to see it put a lot better by knowledgeable people on plant biology. Good luck .

I've used this method a fair amount myself and can see the science about it (minus the pain part I'm chopping them whether or not) apart from the trimming the sugar leaves to the bone. I was told that there may be goodness in those that we were losing, long before I learned about the Cannabinoids other than THC in the plant that were starting to be researched at the time. I think the man was right, or at least I've never been able to tell the difference when getting high/stoned from Cannabis whichever way it was trimmed.

I notice no difference from when I wet trim, dry trim or even forget to trim in the amount of high I get or the quality of it. I'm not a cash cropper though (and hardly pro either lol) so looks and weight mean nothing to me. It's a great herb whichever way you take it, may as well harvest the way that is easiest for your personal preference unless you're considering adding a price tag.

I've used this method a fair amount myself and can see the science about it (minus the pain part I'm chopping them whether or not) apart from the trimming the sugar leaves to the bone. I was told that there may be goodness in those that we were losing, long before I learned about the Cannabinoids other than THC in the plant that were starting to be researched at the time. I think the man was right, or at least I've never been able to tell the difference when getting high/stoned from Cannabis whichever way it was trimmed.

I notice no difference from when I wet trim, dry trim or even forget to trim in the amount of high I get or the quality of it. I'm not a cash cropper though (and hardly pro either lol) so looks and weight mean nothing to me. It's a great herb whichever way you take it, may as well harvest the way that is easiest for your personal preference unless you're considering adding a price tag.
Wet here, too.

And I also leave frost leaves on, too. Just as stony as bud & more flavorful smoke, I find.

I trim before they hang up mostly as it is easier for me and my hands, though I don't trim very tight as doesn't need bag appeal if you don't sell it (I also just prefer it not trimmed tight for the way I smoke it).

Nice bud Dwight. Trimming you say? Sometimes it's too late so just trim as we go lol
IMG_20180903_2112001.jpg

True true Kriaze :rofl:.....lots of things there is folks opinions on all different sides of the coin, so many variables it would be hard to say "this is better than that" when many times the difference is so negligible you can't tell there is a difference ;).......if you find something that works for you stick with it (when following advice go with what makes most sense to you, as you will find advice all over the place), as if it ain't broke don't screw with it.

when pulling them by the roots and hanging them upside down i want to hang them in my shed im in ontario canada and did you say keep air flowing lightly and in the dark ?

Yes, definitely keep air moving in whatever room you decide to dry them in. You need air movement to inhibit mold, which is your biggest enemy at this stage.
Also yes to keep them in darkness while drying. Light will degrade the trics on your plants, and that's a bad thing!

Yes, definitely keep air moving in whatever room you decide to dry them in. You need air movement to inhibit mold, which is your biggest enemy at this stage.
Also yes to keep them in darkness while drying. Light will degrade the trics on your plants, and that's a bad thing!
Thankyou Stunned one lol

Thankyou Stunned one lol
Thank you stunned and one more question if you can help me with I'm thinking of using the canning jar method of curing and drying and Storage because of limited space and odors is it the same just keep them in the dark when they're not airing out for 2 days

Yes, and only my friends call me stunned one..... ;)
Use the canning jars for storing your bud, they are perfect
Remember to burp your jars every day for the first 3 weeks
Burping is opening, looking inside and shaking it a bit, then closing again
Always keep your jars in darkness, and in a cool place 65-70 degrees F.... 16-19 Degrees C
That way your bud will mature, and stay fresh

My trim pref:

Also, I've tried the root pull thing & tested it vs. simply chopped & I could detect no diff. Not in taste, buzz, strength.

But it's also moot. Cuz my legal outdoor grow would require more than an hour of shovel work to get the roots yankable with the plant.

when pulling them by the roots and hanging them upside down i want to hang them in my shed im in ontario canada and did you say keep air flowing lightly and in the dark ?
Yes mate . In the dark with humidity as low as u can get it. Air doesnt need to blow on them directly, but an airflow bringing cleaner air is essential. This will avoid mould forming on the buds as they dry with leaves attached . The comments about not making a difference how u dry and trim , have not been my experience so far and i have deffo seen differences in smell , taste, high from trying them out. The small sugar leaves are laden with thc but will contain trace elements of chlorophyll (depending how its dried !!!) Which can create a harsher hit ( depending how its smoked !!). If you remove the sugar leaves with some good pruning scissors once dried , tou can make hash with them ( and any other trim). Nothing is wasted of those priceless crystals. Also keeping the girls in total darkness for the last 5 days before pulling them , will definately increase the aroma and resin production. It is a method i do myself too. Works better than any other to date i tried. No "dry hay "taste and smell after all that hard work nurturing them. So many farmers complain of this issue on a lot of different forums and it is one that can be so frustrating after weeks choosing your strain for its expected tastes and smells. Hope you find a " your way" among all the different advice and experiences as most if us do !!! Lol. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom