Being a complete noob at dabbing (only tried it once), here's a noob-like question: Can you tell the difference in taste & effect between strains? :hmmmm:

Being a complete noob at dabbing (only tried it once), here's a noob-like question: Can you tell the difference in taste & effect between strains? :hmmmm:
Yes. Think of those as being more concentrated.
:passitleft:

Let me assure you the flavour and effects of each chemovar is very noticeable! The taste is exactly as the buds smell. If it’s gassy then you get that taste if it’s fruity then you get that! The effects of a dab are far more concentrated than that of a bong toke or joint so the impact of the effect is much greater!

Yes. Think of those as being more concentrated.
Let me assure you the flavour and effects of each chemovar is very noticeable! The taste is exactly as the buds smell. If it’s gassy then you get that taste if it’s fruity then you get that! The effects of a dab are far more concentrated than that of a bong toke or joint so the impact of the effect is much greater!
That's great to know - now I really want to give this a try!! :drool:

What he said X 2 = wonderful
Even my ol low producing buds still have that taste they had at harvest only the high is intensified.

OK, so I have been using two strains, Barneys Farm LSD and Big Buddha Cheese. As expected since the LSD had the most trichs at harvest it is the biggest producer, although not that great, right at 1 gram per 7 grams used. Thinking as I learn this unit I can improve on that.

Just completed two 3.5 gram squishes of the Cheese, did not get the return that I get off 1 7 gram run. The finished product is the prettiest of the two as it is a lite amber, but it is just over a month from cure, good relaxing high. The LSD is a year old so it is darker but has not lost any of it's fuck you up, it is a very stony high.
I have a about 3 zips of G13 Haze that I grew in 17` have seen very little degradation as it was cured well, kept in a dark cool place and has a 62% humidity pack. Going to give it a try later today and see how it does under pressure.

OK, so I have been using two strains, Barneys Farm LSD and Big Buddha Cheese. As expected since the LSD had the most trichs at harvest it is the biggest producer, although not that great, right at 1 gram per 7 grams used. Thinking as I learn this unit I can improve on that.

Just completed two 3.5 gram squishes of the Cheese, did not get the return that I get off 1 7 gram run. The finished product is the prettiest of the two as it is a lite amber, but it is just over a month from cure, good relaxing high. The LSD is a year old so it is darker but has not lost any of it's fuck you up, it is a very stony high.
I have a about 3 zips of G13 Haze that I grew in 17` have seen very little degradation as it was cured well, kept in a dark cool place and has a 62% humidity pack. Going to give it a try later today and see how it does under pressure.
Sweet Gr! Looking forward to your results!

Nice one Dutch, I’ve been looking forward to some more of your vids. :popcorn:
Soon to come Lewy!

Ran the G13 Haze.
7 grams = 1.33 grams, more than I expected.
I raised the temp to 205, let it heat for 3 minutes, then did three press, two at 1 min and the last press got 1.5 min.
7 Gram puck
20190503_131438 (2).jpg

20190503_132338 (2).jpg

Squish
20190503_133216 (2).jpg
20190503_133354 (2).jpg

20190503_135331 (2).jpg

Ran the G13 Haze.
7 grams = 1.33 grams, more than I expected.
I raised the temp to 205, let it heat for 3 minutes, then did three press, two at 1 min and the last press got 1.5 min.
7 Gram puck
20190503_131438 (2).jpg

20190503_132338 (2).jpg

Squish
20190503_133216 (2).jpg
20190503_133354 (2).jpg

20190503_135331 (2).jpg
Sweet! Try and do a shorter heat time! The longer the material sits on the plates the more degraded the terpenes are! Aim for around 30-45seconds for warmup but just have a bit of pressure on your puck! This will allow for even distribution of heat!

Sweet! Try and do a shorter heat time! The longer the material sits on the plates the more degraded the terpenes are! Aim for around 30-45seconds for warmup but just have a bit of pressure on your puck! This will allow for even distribution of heat!

Yes, you can see how much pressure I am applying for warm up.
So from that point do you take the puck down at once after warm up or do your take it down in stages?

And just FYI for everyone, if you have problems getting it off the parchment, put something frozen underneath it when scraping. Like one of the freeze packs that goes in a cooler. It'll comes right off.
:passitleft:

Hey Dutch, how old is that bud? I’m wondering if younger vs older bud has a difference. I press my older bud and it always has a darker look.
39E079F0-6C79-4174-A469-1B31AC2D6F65.jpeg
Fresher cured bud will have a lighter colour to it and also squeezing at difference temps will change the colour as well as the consistency!!

This is my home grown critical+2.0 that I harvested back in March. I had it dried and in jars for the cure before I went on my wedding trip and it’s perfect now! It’s been about 5weeks of Curing which is right around where I like to begin smoking it!

Back
Top Bottom