DV8 Reg Photo Grow For Science

Screenshot_20220330-183925_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-183937_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-184033_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-184123_Gallery.jpg

Woah got waylaid for a bit.

Was just gonna bang on another written update. I have pics for the passerby among you guys, so you can skip my written updates should you want to.

Auto girls are going along. GG4 just looks like a bunch of people I went to school with, Two heads, little frame, and going nowhere. Also has bugs, much like them. Sadly fitted right in lol.

Northern Lights Auto seems to have more life, look being completely upfront shes hit the bottom of the pot but only just and I really cant be arsed giving them the love they need.

It was poorly thought out and executed, I had a rush of blood and after a cpl weeks just let it ride, now its hitting the ditch. I actually feel sorry for them, like broken toys Im never going to fix.

Theres some lesson in that.

Got the bigger backyard girls getting some full sun in the arvos, still where I left them at the back when I had to move them.

They are the epitome of when neglect meets the will to survive. Their fight is almost honourable. They wont yeild heavy, and they started Runty.

But they smell like a crazy street fight, like punches being thrown viciously. Tilting heads back.

I have next to zero idea what the genetics were on these. I mean part of me goes, well I havent been a stoner for a long time, the other half of me is like, this smells crazy good, like better than anything Ive brushed up against in years, live in the dirt.

I checked over the girls today out in The Forest, during water. The weather has been super kind, its rare not to have some sort of drenching by now. And yet it holds. So they looked good, plumping, a bit tattered, with a smell as strong as cat piss.

The male is holding on after giving it last water almost 14 days ago. Its a mess, but still clinging to life. I reckon given a bath it would come back too. Look like me, skinny, all bones and balls, but it would still make it.

He was a sacrifice, to see if the roos would be distracted, and to see how long without hydration he could go, so I had some sort of marker for the girls.

I mean they dont know it yet but I plan on pushing them to bones and bud toward the end, should the weather hold. Its kind of already begun.

Any how Hoo roo

Despite the short stature of the bush girls I gotta say i think betwwen the blue light and the bending this time around they really did get goid spacing and solid frames. This is definitely something Im going to carry forward.

I keep teasing this one in heavy ties and wrangling it into shape, more than usual and after the winds this week glad i did.

Screenshot_20220331-102817_Gallery.jpg

Well dropped in to see the girls this morning.

I think the pics are evidence for a few things. They are kinda getting smacked by pests, alternate feedings is probably not enough, and that photos can be a horrible representation of what you are actually looking at.

All the bent colas have found their final positions more or less, well formed knuckles are evident throughout the canopies.

This has been an advantage for several reasons. The roos cant lean in from the sides and tops to decimate them. The girls shape is tight, as the winds pick up the mains arent flailing in the wind with the possibility of snapping.

They are well within the confines of their cages. And lastly, the real reason, it to induce transpiration and stem stress to turn on the plants natural systems of self preservation. The theory as it goes, is that the plant pushes to finish so increases oil and resin production.

The other smalker benefit is they grow upward budsites, that stack at a 90 degree angle from the stem, instead of parallel. The trade off for less dense buds is greater potentcy, easier trim, and more exposed area for air circulation should conditions prime for bud rot.

When you can glance and inspect a full rotation around seperate budsites it allows you to be thorough. Its hard to get a really good shot of exactly what I mean before harvest but should they get there trouble free Ill demonstrate with a harvested cola. I think its obvious, but my method is for outdoor growing. Ive never tried a complete indoor run using this technique.

Right so onto my thoughts. They are getting denser, and looking really quite well filled in for the beginning of week 5. The liming and red fan stems is like a flashing neon sign, but with their remoteness and other challenges like RH and general weather they have much more to battle just yet. Keeping them on the edge of toppling over is probably the right strategy.

A big thick lush canopy with dense upright colas is really f**king hard to get to the finish line given the weather typical for April and May.

If they stay a bit under watered, slightly underfed, with tight frames it will be much much easier to transition them through the final month.

Ideally the insects move in on the fans and avoid the bud, hence why I dont touch a plants natural form or fans during flower. It would be next to impossible to keep the chewing bugs away, so with that in mind, better to serve up thin leaves. Theres no doubt it will cause them additional frost imo.

Had they been at home I would have inspected them up and down for nannas, Im pretty sure theres a few random ones, but the hermi discussion is for another day. If they throw seed Ill definitely place aside, be shocked if theres not some.

The reason to keep is simple for me. Most deliveries of genetics to our doors although viable and (hopefully) well bred is not always produced in a high stress environment. Any seeds gained from these girls will have been produced in the exact conditions they will be raised in when they are germinated and return to grow outdoors.

Plants are way smarter than we think of them. Its not just 2 parents genetics in a seed at all, its the grow memory that passes on too. The more the plant thrives in a particular environment, the more viable its return in generating suitable genectic lineage.

If anyone disagrees feel free to point out where thats incorrect. I think these plants, given a fighting chance would be of a good size, and if they hit as hard in the pipe as they do the nostril it would be silly to overlook them. Can still get a solid whiff out of my tshirt sitting here. Heavenly. The next 4 or 5 weeks are exciting.

Just the shape, bud structure and smell has me frothing, with those longer fan fingers, and bud site spread the Sat in them is solid, with The Indy taking it all the way. Everything thrown at them still didnt stop them. Given proper inputs and a better media I reckon size and yeild could be pushed to two fold at a minimum, probably 3 fold and above.

Anyhow enough rambling. Ill get some pics up.

The other smaller benefit is they grow upward budsites, that stack at a 90 degree angle from the stem, instead of parallel.

The trade off for less dense buds is greater potentcy, easier trim, and more exposed area for air circulation should conditions prime for bud rot.

When you can glance and inspect a full rotation around seperate budsites it allows you to be thorough.

my method is for outdoor growing

Ok so I think I got the right pic.

Black arrow shows the cola plane, or angle. At the top is typical formation.

Down below it is a white arrow on the approx bent angle as it sits in the cage.

To the centre of the black arrow are three white arrows showing how the bud sites further down are growing with the tops at right angles to the main cola stem. You can see they run in line with the fan leaves, which if left as vertical colas would not happen.

IMG_20220404_172629.jpg

The uppermost tip of the cola shows the natural growth compensating to return to vertical. Almost banana shaped from sitting on a horizontal plane.

Righto brains trust heres your mission should you choose to accept it.

Can you tell me what you think is going on here?

Ive chatted in person to a couple others and it just leaves everyone confused.

Here is the pertinent info. This is one branch, everything in the pic is of the same origin, same plant. The white and brown hairs started in the tops of the crowns. The pic runs bottom toward main stem, top to crown peak.

Now my thoughts.

Theres so much weirdness here I cant determine what is the cause. It looks almost transsexual rather than stock hermi, or am I the only one reaching this conclusion?

Surely that upper section is not regular for a female plant? Is it?

No experiments were performed, as grown.

Your thoughts/questions are appreciated, its a mind bender to me, either its something common Ive personally never seen before or funked up weirdness.

Let me know what you think.
Screenshot_20220404-204806_Gallery.jpg

Wed update.

Girls got a water today, had a chance to really get across them, look over them.

The weather is going to turn shortly, probably no surprise really, as good as its been is unusual for Early April. Well say 3/10 years it would be this dry and warm.

Id been tossing back and forth a bit on what my plan was going to be should it happen. Let them ride with covers, chop early, or grin and bear it.

Any how it got the better of me, and I took a cut. And instantly regretted it but with it in my glove packed it up for closer examination.

Me: Leave it
Then Me: At least get one cut, roos, rippers, budrot, greasy tracks, Easter....

CUT

Me: Fuck. Idiot.

Did the math, 40 days, maybe a bit more. Might not be so bad. Honestly with the back and forth its felt like 80. And I really feel like fuck it one day, be patient the next. Im lucky, get a pretty good balance in life but it was kinda shortsighted of me to push ahead.

Well they didnt exactly cooperate, but thats canna. And femmed all the way from here. I cant even bring myself to discuss it tonight in detail but had my heart broken today.

Cpl pics, didnt have the energy or the time to get too involved today, normally i get 20 to 30 but this is as far as I got today. Ill let you guys play SNAP.

Cut plant showing what I took (approx).
IMG_20220406_191117.jpg

Righto brains trust heres your mission should you choose to accept it.

Can you tell me what you think is going on here?

Ive chatted in person to a couple others and it just leaves everyone confused.

Here is the pertinent info. This is one branch, everything in the pic is of the same origin, same plant. The white and brown hairs started in the tops of the crowns. The pic runs bottom toward main stem, top to crown peak.

Now my thoughts.

Theres so much weirdness here I cant determine what is the cause. It looks almost transsexual rather than stock hermi, or am I the only one reaching this conclusion?

Surely that upper section is not regular for a female plant? Is it?

No experiments were performed, as grown.

Your thoughts/questions are appreciated, its a mind bender to me, either its something common Ive personally never seen before or funked up weirdness.

Let me know what you think.
Screenshot_20220404-204806_Gallery.jpg
I think it’s trouble.

I’d be pulling that faster than a Catholic priest on a 7 year old boy.

Out early for a Sunday.

Bit wet out. Girls perked up, looked like they coloured up and got plump again. Still putting weight in, filling in gaps. Look, they wont yeild super heavy, nor tight, but they are getting there. Still pushing white pistils in places, might be a week or two between them in finish times.

Best guess is 3 to 4 weeks left, maybe deeper, I really did think they would start to pull back after their condition a fortnight or so ago, but theyve bounced a bit with the cooler temps, mostly o/n.

Pics below, the pick anyway.

Back
Top Bottom