DV8's Deviance

Ill stop by Js today, yesterday just got away on me between jobs and catching up. Get an update up when I have the info, try for some pics too.

Will sit down today and dry trim up remaining buds. They are airy, small, and I cannot get a great shot. Hardly impressive.

They smell just epic though. I hung a small heat bar in drying cupboard, and when the lids come off and temps get above 15C they are just divine.

Im always learning, and hang/cure is an area Ive mostly handed responsibility to others, this was all me this time, and Im satisfied with the outcome.

Spider mites, budrot, temporary dry space, controlling RH/temps, so much could have gone wrong, but the ship is definitely safe in harbour.

Im calling it a win with a view to doing better in future post harvest runs. Heres pic.
IMG_20220626_103911.jpg

Ive been in discussion with @Trala about some thoughts, theres more than 1 way to skin a cat, and I feel excited by experimenting next time around, to do some side by sides of different methods.(fridge, standardised RH/Temp, Bovidas, Sealed Stainless contaìner Vs Glass). I love the challenge and cant wait to try different things.

Counting the days to getting going again, taking every ounce of self discipline not to start, and have a half arsed run. Smelling those buds and thinking about the bitter low of the outdoors result just fires me up, gives me motivation.

I just know my best days are but a few short weeks away. More than ready mentally to get my grow on.

Thankfully theres so many great journals and information going on I can watch, learn, and be inspired while I wait.
Most (probably all) everyone stopping in here Im following along your journals, èven if its silently. My personal thanks, it makes it much easier to pass the time seeing your endeavours.

Yesterday we finally got some (somewhat) positive news, July 8 is PCI (walk through) on the new build.

Honestly its been forever coming. The concreter is all ready to go with the shed slab literally the day we get the keys.
Will excavate, and box up with a pour as soon as the trucks are ready, which should be the next day.

Then its just waiting for erection. Believe me, I cant wait for the erection. Haha.

So 1 week and we will get an  actual date. Sorry for all tbe babbling on, but the grow train is coming, I can see it just on the horizon now and getting closer.

Im so ready. So so ready.

Go to Js tonight, hopefully some good news there.

Sad day, well not sad sad, my garden beds were deconstructed today. Many a veggie was raised and grown. My heart was heavy spreading the dirt into the gardens.

Ive trimmed, up potted, and done pest and weed removal on all my fruit plants.

Estimate is July 14 to 26th for move in to new house. Im not 100% excited yet, but it is close! We are finally down to days!

All my grow gear is packed and in storage, about a 5 min drive from the new house, save for whats at Jays.

I took stock of my seeds, I really cant wait to grow some plants.

Shed and side fence should be up at roughly the same time. At this stage Ill have enough time post move to put up the greenhouse.

Good growing to you all, thanks for keeping me entertained while the hiatus has lingered long.

How exciting for you!
Feels like a long and winding road but its close
Congratulations to you. Buying a house is the ultimate dream, well I think it is.
Its a big milestone. Especially this one.
Not long now and you’ll be tent up, seeds in!

Eewwwwwwwwwww!
Its coming Tra, cant wait for the great Australian Grow. So close. A few short weeks and we will be away! Hope you are looking forward to it as much as me. Ive ordered fireworks, dancing girls, and a bouncy castle.

Feels like a long and winding road but its close

Its a big milestone. Especially this one.

Its coming Tra, cant wait for the great Australian Grow. So close. A few short weeks and we will be away! Hope you are looking forward to it as much as me. Ive ordered fireworks, dancing girls, and a bouncy castle.
Look I’m more low key. But I have bought a special platter to hand you your arse on ;)

Had a little happy dance, with a tiny bit of luck keys should be coming shortly.

Already making plans based on expecting to happen to before this weekend.

Finalised the paint prep on the outstanding walls and ceilings. I have selected colours for feature walls, and timber stain for exposed exterior beams.

Would love for anyone interested to go have a look at off topic once its done get some pics up of before and after.

Have a few more plans but will wait till Im in before tackling the dados, wainscoting and panelling, lighting, wallpaper etc. The paint will need to go on before the cats relocate.

Im 100% certain a tent will go up and start one little one off once Im in. Didnt take much to talk me into it. Give me something to do while the wait happens for shed to be finished.

I want to do my runs properly after that, although a big part of wants to try the Wedding Cake, especially after seeing Cleo, @Trala 's stunner, (and Carcass for that matter) I want to do it right, give it 100%. She will have to wait.

Thinking Watermelon Zkittles, from Barneys. Great colours, strong yeilds, easy to grow, with an upbeat buzz, and shorter flower time, wanted to try this since forever. Maybe throw in a freebie Zkittles to keep each other company.

Sound good?

Im gonna be out on a limb, be almost a total tent grow, as veg will be in deep (cold asf) Vic winter, and probably a chilly flower, even if she gets some sun.

Coupled that with a small tent that wont be permanent it will be less than ideal. But it would be a grow. It might be better than im picturing. Or worse haha. But it will be an adventure.

Had a little happy dance, with a tiny bit of luck keys should be coming shortly.

Already making plans based on expecting to happen to before this weekend.

Finalised the paint prep on the outstanding walls and ceilings. I have selected colours for feature walls, and timber stain for exposed exterior beams.

Would love for anyone interested to go have a look at off topic once its done get some pics up of before and after.

Have a few more plans but will wait till Im in before tackling the dados, wainscoting and panelling, lighting, wallpaper etc. The paint will need to go on before the cats relocate.

Im 100% certain a tent will go up and start one little one off once Im in. Didnt take much to talk me into it. Give me something to do while the wait happens for shed to be finished.

I want to do my runs properly after that, although a big part of wants to try the Wedding Cake, especially after seeing Cleo, @Trala 's stunner, (and Carcass for that matter) I want to do it right, give it 100%. She will have to wait.

Thinking Watermelon Zkittles, from Barneys. Great colours, strong yeilds, easy to grow, with an upbeat buzz, and shorter flower time, wanted to try this since forever. Maybe throw in a freebie Zkittles to keep each other company.

Sound good?

Im gonna be out on a limb, be almost a total tent grow, as veg will be in deep (cold asf) Vic winter, and probably a chilly flower, even if she gets some sun.

Coupled that with a small tent that wont be permanent it will be less than ideal. But it would be a grow. It might be better than im picturing. Or worse haha. But it will be an adventure.
Sounds fantastic DV.
Can't wait to see the pic's.
I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
No surprises. :thumb:
Hope your having a great day my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Went to Jays.

He has a baby! Didnt get pics. But we are above ground. I hope no2 is up shortly.

Going to go give him a hand with grow room tomorrow.

Will start a cpl of photos for him to caretake in next cpl days, get the jump on a grow post move.
Not only do I have itchy feet, I have itchy grow hands. Definitely a Barneys or 2. Will keep updates once Im ready.

Thanks for stopping by.

Enquired about a seedling tent today...Im unstoppable when it comes to buying toys when I have cash (like real money) in my pocket.

Nailed a 2 day job for premium work, colour change on entire house in a tradesman shortage. Worth putting off holidays. I digress.

Move tomorrow, set up house day after. New beans in on weekend. Thats the plan. If I get a fence (see I mentioned contractor shortages) Ill even get greenhouse in. Pretty confident after they dug holes yesterday.

I’m soooooo stoked for you :)

Let the Deeve grow journey begin!
I swear all Ive done is move and tidy, and clean, repeat.

Although I did manage to sneak in grabbing the seedling tent.

I missed the weekend window to put a couple of seeds in.

Heres how it went.

Me: So this is my room? I can do what I want.

Wife: Yes.

Me: Sets up seedling tent, heat bar, hygrometer, seed raising mix.

Me 5 mins later to Wife: When you said anything did you mean it?

Wife: I can already smell buds. Seal that shit up.......*walking away*...and No Growing. Wait for shed........

Me to me in my head: Fuck, I knew it was too good to be true.

Shed slab coming tomorrow week.

J may have to babysit. Was meant to drop by days ago, have not been back.

2 steps forward, one step back.

Heres how it went.

Wife: I can already smell buds. Seal that shit up.......*walking away*...and No Growing. Wait for shed........

Keep at it Amigo.
I know it looks like a mountain now but persistence will get you through.
I remember when they finally delivered our stuff to the house.
I thought oh fek what am I going to do.
But time and doing some when I could eventually I did it.
And built a greenhouse and have a grow.
It'll all come in time, have faith.
I'm routing for ya. :thumb:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

if she doesn't smoke you have to make her topicals. it's an attitude game changer.
relationship maintenance is important. the topicals work and are effective. everyone hurts, we all need relief.

in my own sphere everyone is well aware of my my open cannabis positive living long before engaging. i learned to clear that hurdle long before legal.

Heres how it went.

Look I’m gonna be honest. I wouldn’t allow a tent in my house either.

The only reason I start a seedling upstairs is because I’ve made that study/free lamp area pretty to my eye.. and finally found a purpose for my 1970 complete set of World Encyclopaedias that I’ve been lugging around for over 20 years.

I look the other two bulbs out. So my advice, not that you asked, try house lamp rather than tent.

332B1DCD-69F4-4FF7-B42D-8A91B4377794.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom