Dville Farmer - Northern Lights

Re: Dville Farmer: Northern Lights

Thanks. If it won't I can see about buying a larger unit or buying a 12" fan for an avtive exhaust and intake

Exhaust and intake would be ideal. However, if the room is decent size you should be fine with some fans blowing on the lights and windows open.

How warm does it get with you during the summer time?

Well I haven't been on here a while. Everything has been coming pretty easy and pretty naturally. The northern lights are just over a month old and are around 20 inches. I have two that are struggling a bit smaller. They are around 12 inches. Not sure why maybe genetics. But they are a healthy 12 inches. I am officially day two into flowering and it is going pretty easy. I need to get them in some bigger pots but I am letting black Friday past before I go to any kind of commercial business lol. But I did source some pretty nice lights on craigslist. They were $20 dollars and were 400 watt metal halide lights. I order two conversion bulbs to make them hps and they fired right up. I did have to rewire the multi tap ballast to run off 120 but that took all of 10 minutes for both lights. In my opinion a very good buy

But here are some pictures

This is before I switched to flower and they were under my 600 watt metal halide light and (2) 4 bulb t5 lights
20131126_135926.jpg

This is after I sent to flower and under the same 600 watt metal halide and (2) 400 watt hps lights
20131127_164601.jpg

And this was just a picture I snapped about a week ago with one of the leaves
20131125_164008.jpg

Now I have two questions

Top dressing- I incorporated happy frog in to my soil composition last time I repotted my plants. Its coming up on the time when they need to be top dressed. Do I just sprinkle the amount recommended on the bag and spread it on top and water it in? Or do I mix it with more soil and put it on top?

Scrog- I have planned this whole time to do the scrog method. Mainly because as you see the rack I am using it would make it really easy to use one of the shelves and use that for my screen. But when do I do start using the screen? Right after I start seeing bud?

For SCROG - Place the screen in at the height you want the plants to bud at. Say 20 inches below a hps. Train the plant through the screen as it grows up, tuck it back under. Rinse and repeat.

When the screen is around 70% full you want to flip the lights to 12/12 and keep tucking under as they stretch during the first couple of weeks of flower. Once the screen is full, watch it fill with an even canopy of buds :)

For top dressing, put on top of existing layer of soil and water in :)

Well o am about a week inyo flowering and the males have barely started to show themselves. How do I harvest it to save for has later? Just cut it down and vaccum seal it as a whole, then freeze it?

If you harvest it as a whole and dry it out somewhere before freezing you should be fine :)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom