DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog - Round 2

Re: DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog--Round 2

Hey SG, your grow is looking awesome again! Are you worried about the partially toppled Kush?

Hey SG, your grow is looking awesome again! Are you worried about the partially toppled Kush?

Not worried at all, the screen is keeping the plant in place and she's pretty secure.

SOME BIG STALKS! :goodjob:
Killer shots stealth. I take it you don't see any slowing down from cleaning a little growth up at day 12? Granted they are pretty big girls they are probably focusing all the energy to the tops. I was tempted to do a little defol on mine but I think I will hold off until that 21-25 day mark, some reps your way buddy lovin' the closets :Rasta:

CA, look at SG's last grow. He defoliated maybe as much as 60% and that only slowed him down maybe 2 days, 3 tops. Granted, that was a little bit further into flower. Albeit a strong strain or the LED with side lit T5's, I thought for sure the amount of defol was gonna add a week, but it didn't. Good shit SG!!!

damn, look at the trunks on those ladies!

those stems look woody and real old looking
some solid stems there
its like an old tree been up for years even tho we know it hasn't been years :thumb:

SOME BIG STALKS! :goodjob:
Killer shots stealth. I take it you don't see any slowing down from cleaning a little growth up at day 12? Granted they are pretty big girls they are probably focusing all the energy to the tops. I was tempted to do a little defol on mine but I think I will hold off until that 21-25 day mark, some reps your way buddy lovin' the closets :Rasta:

Hi CA, and everyone, thanks for checking out the grow.
Today is day 13 so to early to tell if the slight defol is gonna slow em down, but I don't think so. A lot of the stuff I cleared out was already dead and shrivled up, or really premature and not getting any light at all. The Kush plants were sort of doing a clean up on their own.
Here is a pic of the leaves I pruned, notice a lot of the leaves in the pile are brown, and this pile is from all 3 plants.

IMG_002062.JPG

The clean up under the White Widow wasn't nearly as much as the kush's, mainly because there is more light for the plant cause its not as crowded.

Thanks for the reps CA, I'm doing the rounds tonight so I'll check out your journal. ;)

Happy Skunkday Stealth :thumb:

I agree with CA. Your last grow you trimmed maybe twice that amount and they all responded quickly and gave you an awesome harvest. Now that you have isolated your strains to their own space and got a new LED hood in one, I think you'll do better with this grow than you did with an excellent last grow.

Ur buds are looking yummy... Good job...:bravo:

Hi BlueMnt, thanks for checking out my grow and for the compliment.

Expecting your closets to be absolutely jammed with buds here soon stealth, stay well :Namaste:

Hi CA, I'm expecting a lot from this grow also, I wanna out grow my last harvest in terms of quantity. I got 10 and a half zips from both closets last harvest so I want more this round. I think I'm well on the way. ;)

I would absolutely second that gesture :) definitely well on your way buddy!! Your closest will be packed in a good way ;)

I was thinking about defol last night and kind of feel like bigger plants aren't going to care much if you are plucking at them down low, they are just going to push past that ripped off node and head for the tops. Likewise, for my small plants they are very short and have tops but, are only 5-6 nodes away, I think it would be bad for my girls if I started picking at them mow :) going to hold off.
Sorry for the jibber jabber stealth :Namaste:

Keeping a close eye on your girls :yummy:

Hi everyone.;)

I hope your all having a great week, yesterday was day 16 since flip to 12/12 and I went to check on my girls. The plants are doing great, in fact better than expected, the plants in both closets are stretching so much more than my previous grow. The White widow actually grew into the light with a couple of branches, and the leaves that came into direct contact with the LED's were burnt a little. Only two tops were damaged, but I still think the buds will grow, the fan leaves are done though.

The minor defol I did last week didn't slow the plants down at all. The white widow has baby buds all over the place and is doing great, while the Master Kush is still stretching out, and hasn't really started on the buds yet. The Kush's really seems to be showing their Sativa traits this grow, all the leaves are very narrow and long, and they don't really look the same as last grow even though they were grown from clone.

Most of the top fan leaves on the kush's are still showing the old nutrient burn and make the plants look like they are not in the best of health, but all the under growth is a nice dark green with minimal nute burn. When I do the 21 day defol on the Kush's, I'll be sure to get rid of all the old damaged leaves, and once the plants recover from the defol, they will look much better. Either way, they are growing like crazy and don't seem ready to stop the stretch yet.

I topped up the water lvl's in both reservoirs and added some Cal-Mag, Bloom, and Boost nutrients to bring up the PPM to around 800 again. Reservoir change and defol is gonna happen this weekend.
Yesterday's Stats.

Kush Closet
PPM= 840
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 76F
Water Temp= 69F
RH= 52%

White Widow Closet
PM= 824
PH= 5.7
Air Temp= 75F
Water Temp= 69F
RH= 54%

The Closets when I opened the doors.
IMG_000196.JPG

The Widow

IMG_0002101.JPG

The burnt tips and leaves.

IMG_000599.JPG

I did some supercropping, and bending to get the height under control. The second screen is a life saver.

IMG_000877.JPG

IMG_001072.JPG

IMG_000687.JPG

Lots of buds site on the Widow now.;)

IMG_000499.JPG

IMG_001963.JPG

A picture of the whole Widow plant.

IMG_001862.JPG

The Master Kush Closet.

IMG_0003102.JPG

IMG_001458.JPG

Some of the future buds sites just starting to form, notice the very thin sativa dominant leaves. Might explain why the plant is taking so long to start with the buds. They might have to go to 70-75 days again

IMG_002158.JPG

IMG_002451.JPG

That's it for another update, I hope you all have a good rest of the week. Next update on Sunday when I change the reservoir and do the day 21 defoliation of the plants. Questions and comments are welcome and as always, stay medicated my friends. ;)

Hey Stealth! Great update and nice job on the super cropping. :thumb: I have a plant that has those very thin leaves like that, I thought there was something wrong with it. Nice to know that it isn't unusual! It also has buds much different than the other WW and MK. I will be watching to see what yours does on the bud front for sure!
That picture of when you opened the doors is epic. I would have gotten weak in the knees to see them touching those lights having gotten so tall! Beautiful. +reps to you on the super cropping and continued success.:cheer:

WOW. they are loving the "proper" conditions. please don't dose them with 1200 ppm again lol. im surprised youre at 800, killer growth for sure, look at them reach for the sky.

how deep into flower are you? ill suggest it again like I did in your prior ournal, you can cut off the heads of them all and make it level again, just like pruning a bush. I could see if you were 4+ weeks into bud formation how that would be silly, but youll be good I promise!

you know the buds will just be burnt, so cut em lower!

looks like you got your hands full there stealth :thumb:
Keep em Green

WOW. they are loving the "proper" conditions. please don't dose them with 1200 ppm again lol. im surprised youre at 800, killer growth for sure, look at them reach for the sky.

how deep into flower are you? ill suggest it again like I did in your prior ournal, you can cut off the heads of them all and make it level again, just like pruning a bush. I could see if you were 4+ weeks into bud formation how that would be silly, but youll be good I promise!

you know the buds will just be burnt, so cut em lower!

Hi B, today is day 18 since I flipped to 12/12, I'm gonna clean up the girls this weekend. I was thinking of topping the girls to get them away from the light, but we'll see how the defol goes this weekend.

Chronic weekend to ya Stealth :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom