DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog - Round 2

Re: DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog--Round 2

Hi Canna.;)
I'm planning to clear out everything under the screen at day 21 of flower, until then I'm just gonna let em go.
I'm very proud of my Big Bushy White Widow, I knew I could fill the screen with 1 plant in the closet. Depending on how this grow finishes, I might have a POTM nomination. ;)
Well, I can see that coming for sure!:thumb:

Hi everyone. ;)
I went for a quick visit to see the girls tonight, just wanted to be sure the PH is not fluctuating too much and also check the nute burn issue on the Kush on day 2 since flipped to 12/12
Good news, the Kush's are doing much better, the extra dose of cal-mag really helped it seems. The PPM of the kush's was down to 430PPM though, and the water levels were down about 2-3 gallons in the kush closet. These girls are hungry, I topped up the water lvls and gave them another dose of cal-mag and another few ml of boost, and bloom nutes to bring the PPM back up to 520.
The calcium deficiency seems almost completely gone now and both closets are looking great, let the stretch begin......

Kush closet
PPM=520
PH=5.7

IMG_000495.JPG

IMG_000297.JPG

White Widow Closet
PPM=510
PH=5.8

IMG_000596.JPG

IMG_000191.JPG

After I spread out the Widow again.
IMG_000683.JPG

That's it for the quick update, I wasn't planning on doing another update so soon, I was just amazed at how much the Kush's drank in 2 days, and the growth in both closets.:morenutes:
Next update on Sunday, when I change the reservoirs. Until then, stay medicated my friends. ;)

that master kush.. so .. pretty. I cant believe you like the pure widow better!?

maybe you're used to smoking killer skunk :) cant wait to switch things up with this snow white harvest

did you re calibrate your tri meter when your closet was cleaned out? how often do you re calibrate your meters?
No I didn't but I have a second PPM meter, and they are both reading within 10 points of each other. I do have some calibration fluid, I'll checked out the meters next time I'm over. Thanks for the heads up KJC. ;)

that master kush.. so .. pretty. I cant believe you like the pure widow better!?

maybe you're used to smoking killer skunk :) cant wait to switch things up with this snow white harvest

Don't get me wrong B, I like the MK also. It all works, but the Kush puts me to sleep, especially at the end of the day when I'm tired already. ;)

"Don't get me wrong B, I like the MK also. It all works, but the Kush puts me to sleep, especially at the end of the day when I'm tired already."

that's what's odd. skunk is heavy sativa, kush is heavy indica.

they say white widow is very heavy indica, yet it gets you going more than the skunk cross?

Kush is looking nice man, so is the white widow, how many plants u have under there?? And i know ive asked u this before but how are u changing out ur res water with that scrog on top? Thx,.

Kush is looking nice man, so is the white widow, how many plants u have under there?? And i know ive asked u this before but how are u changing out ur res water with that scrog on top? Thx,.

I have 3 plants in the Kush closet and just 1 White widow. I had 2 White widows but pulled the second cause it was so much smaller than the big bush and wasn't getting any light. I was able to train the 1 plant to cover the whole screen though. ;)

I clean out and drain the reservoir with a pump that is always submerged in the reservoir, I turn in on by flipping a switch in the back of the closet. There is a drain hose that I pull out one of the holes in the top of the reservoir and drain into a 5 gal. jug.

"Don't get me wrong B, I like the MK also. It all works, but the Kush puts me to sleep, especially at the end of the day when I'm tired already."

that's what's odd. skunk is heavy sativa, kush is heavy indica.

they say white widow is very heavy indica, yet it gets you going more than the skunk cross?

maybe its the strain, or when I harvested in relation to tricomb milkyness/amber. What can I say, I just like the widow buzz more. ;)

I clean out and drain the reservoir with a pump that is always submerged in the reservoir, I turn in on by flipping a switch in the back of the closet. There is a drain hose that I pull out one of the holes in the top of the reservoir and drain into a 5 gal. jug.

So you never really scrub down ur res until after harvest? U just drain the water, and add more?

maybe its the strain, or when I harvested in relation to tricomb milkyness/amber. What can I say, I just like the widow buzz more. ;)

that's true. you got me dying waiting for my snow whites now haha

So you never really scrub down ur res until after harvest? U just drain the water, and add more?

That's pretty much what I do. I use top feed and just direct the feed line into a waste bucket. Whatever is left that the pump can't pick up, I slurp up with a 100ml syringe and a piece of 1/4" hose on the tip. When all is said and done, there may be about an ounce or two of liquid remaining. Being as though I use compost tea twice a week, I'm not concerned about any bacteria that is left in the res tank as we are all friends and I put them there on purpose.

That's pretty much what I do. I use top feed and just direct the feed line into a waste bucket. Whatever is left that the pump can't pick up, I slurp up with a 100ml syringe and a piece of 1/4" hose on the tip. When all is said and done, there may be about an ounce or two of liquid remaining. Being as though I use compost tea twice a week, I'm not concerned about any bacteria that is left in the res tank as we are all friends and I put them there on purpose.

No, I never scrub down my res when I change the water either, that would be way to much work.:) I drain as much as the pump will pull out (about 95%) and then refill with new nutes and water.
After harvest I clean everything out with, Hydrogen peroxide before I replant.

Just chucking in an opinion Stealth.

Emptying the res for nutes change depends on the quality of your water, if it has a high TDS before you add nutes then I would suggest emptying it as close to 100% as is practical, or the unusable salts will just get more concentrated and leave little room for usable salts?

If you are using close to pure water continual topping up should be fine? It also makes the transition at flip easier, having veg and bloom nutes available at the same time?

Hi everyone, I hope your all having a great weekend. ;)

Went to do the maintenance in my grow today, changed out the reservoir, new nutes etc. The plants are doing well, looks like they have grown about 6 inches in the last 4 days. The nutrient burn in the kush closet is almost completely gone, but still a lot of purple in the stems, so I gave the plants an extra dose of Cal-Mag just to be sure.

As was suggested by KingJohnC in a previous post, I took a look at the calibration of my PPM meters and both were off. Nearest I can tell, my main PPM/PH/temp display meter was off by about -120 PPM (example, if I was at 200 PPM the meter would say 80 PPM). I used my calibration fluid to re-calibrate the meters and, hopefully this should resolve any further/future issues. +reps to KJC, thanks for your input. ;)

I upped the Nutrients for the plants this reservoir change, I'm going to try and maintain the PPM at around 800 for flower. We'll see how the plants like it.

Today's Stats.

Kush Closet Stats
PPM= 780
PH= 5.7
Air Temp= 74F
Water Temp= 68F
RH= 49%

White Widow closet stats
PPM= 910
PH= 5.7
Air Temp= 75F
Water Temp= 68F
RH= 48%

The Master Kush
IMG_000398.JPG

The White Widow
IMG_000192.JPG

The Closets
IMG_000496.JPG

That's all for this update, sorry not to many pics this time. I'm going to get some more calibration fluid and re-calibrate my instruments a little more carefully in a couple of days. I hardly had any calibration fluid today, and I'm not 100% sure about the readings.
Until next time the stretch continues, and stay medicated my friends. ;)

Back
Top Bottom