Emmie's Breeder's Run #2 - Chocolate Cheese x Blowfish F2 By Santero

(flower, day 61)

I didn't update you on one of the plants; the holidays got everything in a mess around here and it was all I could do to get the work done, much less document it. One of our CC plants was done. I didn't want to believe it, but there it was... done. I pulled her one day after pulling the early CD plant, which was also done in remarkably fast time.

I am convinced now that our early CD and this one early CC were genetic outlier variations on the parents, and since harvest at day 55 was seen on both the CD and CC lines, I strongly suspect this genetic variation came from the Blowfish lineage. These two plants are now in the jars curing, and both have produced some very impressive product.

The rest of the plants, our electrofied CC experiment and our two remaining CC plants, seem to be on the predicted 63 day finish trajectory. Our two older girls are super heavy with buds and are just now finishing up nicely. There are just a couple of white pistils left at the tops and I am seeing amber creeping up to the top, maybe at 2%-5% now. Any watering over this next week may be the last one... I am just waiting for everything to click into place.

Again, sorry about the yellow shots... going for showing bud development this time, not glamor. The beauty shots will come in a few days, after I clean them up a bit. :)

ccb159.JPG

ccb259.JPG

cc3fullL.JPG

cc2full.JPG

(day 69, HARVEST #2)

Today we pulled CCBF number two. She has been having some troubles keeping upright and even split one branch off of the main trunk due to the sheer weight of the buds. Amber was showing at about 20% at the top... this smoke is bound to be in couch lock territory.

She was a bear to clean and get trimmed up, but she did clean up nicely and has been sent to the drying machine to slowly dry out over the next 4-5 days. Total wet yield was just over 16 oz, predicted dry weight will be 4.163 oz.

DSCF62943.JPG

We harvested the last plant at day 70. She was showing about 20% amber and was stupid heavy. Wet weight was just over a pound and we anticipate around 4 ounces dry. She dried in the dark tent for 5 days and has been moved to the curing jar today. Appearance shows her to be identical to plant #2 and very similar to our grilled cheese. The only outlier in this run was that first plant, that matured so quickly. She is curing now, and further testing will show if she can stand up to her longer running sisters.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

As a last note I will say that the quality of this run was outstanding. All of the plants have been cured for some time now and all are dangerously strong. It is entirely possible to sit down with one of these buds and the next thing you know, half of the day is gone. Surprisingly the early finisher is just as strong as her sisters and in blind tests, none of our people can tell the difference in quality. I can tell that something is different in the taste and looks, and I don't think it is quite the couchlock quality that her longer running sisters achieved.
Regarding the taste after curing... I am not sure that I can detect the chocolate in this anymore. This has taken on a more earthy tone now with the Blowfish influence, and at times I almost get a minty note in the very first toke. The smoke is thick and potent and with all the resin in the buds, a bowl will last for a long time. If a screen is being used in your pipe, it needs to be cleaned on about every 3rd bowl. Joints are impossible to keep lit unless the buds are broken apart and left to dry for a while, at least when kept at 58% rH, there is just too much resin.
I like this strain... and Santero, I would love to see what this develops into over the next year or so. This new variety is a strong addition to what is available to today's grower, and as it is bred back closer to the G13, I believe that you are going to end up with an outstanding new strain. I like this even better than the CDxBF in taste, because of the diesel influence, but not sure that CCxBF is quite as trippy as her rare sister, although for pain and overall stone, they are very similar. Thank you for the chance to see this, Santero!

i feel humbled down to the max by this extra-
ordinary show and grow of these BF-lines !!

thank you for showing this. if i can do anything to brighten your day,
please let me know ( as you have done exactly that for me today :) )

much love and best
of vibes your way,
SAN

Back
Top Bottom