Emmie's Breeder's Run #2 - Chocolate Cheese x Blowfish F2 By Santero

I have her moved, and am on a break to let my eyes re focus. I really got in there and starting looking around. So far I have over a dozen clusters located. One of them was open, so I have already collected a bit of pollen. Going back in with a flashlight. Good news, lots of pollen, bad news...the rest of the plants in the tent. It's been a good day so far!

Sounds like you got things sorted just in time Schtiggy! Good job!

Here is what the veg table looks like at the moment... we are running out of vertical room fast and am going to have to move to the big tent this week.

bf_veg1.JPG

Our 3 oldest CC's got up-potted to 7 gallon smart pots today and given a good watering. They are now luxuriating under the penetrating rays of a new 600w bulb, for 18 hours a day.

cc3_transplanted.JPG

cc1_transplanted.JPG

In the veg tent, we had a bit of a screw up with 3 of our clones (no, clones can not handle a strong AACT) and after giving away a few, I have ended up with only 3 left. This is not even close to being acceptable, so 9 more CC clones were taken today as I transplanted and cleaned up our big girls. The bubble cloner has been 100% effective since I built it... no reason to not assume that there are 9 more CC females on their way. I am planning a sea of green going into the end of the year holidays... can't think of a better way to do it.

more_cc_clones.JPG

Today has been 2 weeks since transplanting from 2gal to 7gal containers. The wet/dry cycle started at almost a week and with the watering tonight, has shrunk to 3 days. Also tonight, each plant took significantly more water than it did the last couple of times. This tells me that the roots have now established in the new containers and that I could start flowering at any time. Looking at my rapidly dwindling supplies and my very healthy girls, it is tempting to start now, but I know that every additional 2 weeks at this point will double my eventual output. These are going to be some healthy producers already, and another 2 weeks of vegging is going to put them over the top.

Tonight, everyone, ChemDog too, got cal-mag and my dandelion flowering extract in their water. The next watering is going to be a strong vegging compost tea. I expect the girls to explode with growth in this last 2 weeks.

Today finds us 5 days away from the start of flower in the big tent. Since there are 3 Chocolate Cheese plants in here, on this update I will concentrate on what is going on in the flower tent, but rest assured that there are 12 CC clones working in veg... more than enough for the next run. For an update on the veg tent, please use my magic link to find my ChemDog journal.

The girls in the bloom tent have been vegging hard here in the 3rd month of veg, and by being extremely stingy with the water, even to the point of a dramatic wilt one time, we have gotten the wet/dry cycle down to about 2.5 days. They have gotten a bit taller, and now are standing about 30" above the soil, and the trunk sizes have expanded out to an impressive 1/2" in diameter.

4_girls.JPG

solid_trunk.JPG

Tonight they will be getting a strong vegging AACT, consisting of molasses, liquid fish, kelp, alfalfa, high N bat guano, 5-5-5 fertilizer, bone meal, liquid seaweed, dandelion extract, and calcium phosphate. This tea will have been bubbling for 48 hours at the time of application. This feeding should give them everything they are going to need at the end of veg and have what they need to get them through the transition to flower.

Hopefully, with a lot of the "lift" trained out of them, and being under the strong light that even caused an early sunburn, they will continue to remain relatively short. We will have about 2' to play with vertically... I think we will be ok. We are ready to start moving the lights up as needed, and right now, thanks to the excellent AC Raptor hood, we are able to be about 6-8" away from the top of the canopy without damage, effectively dissuading the girls from the idea that they might need to get closer to the sun.

vert_space.JPG

(Bloom Tent, Day 1)

The AACT the other night has produced crazy, if not insane growth, and we have entered BLOOM as of today. Two of the 3 CC plants are huge and the third is also impressive, just not as much so. Please refer to the last update in the Chemdog journal to see what I am doing as far as nutrients, and I will get you some good pictures of the 3 girls tonight as I do a final trim.

In veg, things are going very well in a relaxed sort of way, knowing that we have 65 days to turn these girls into the high producing women that they can be, and also produce some seeds that we can work with in the future. I still have 5 of Santero's seeds left over from this batch, and the plan is to cross these seeds back to the originals so as to maximize the original traits. That will be next year, and probably the first project I tackle after returning from spring time vacations.

Everyone is steadily working their way up the assembly line, being uppotted and trained as necessary. Total, there are 12 female CC plants working in here right now, and eventually I will need to cull out or give away a few before they get too big.
trained_cd.JPG

Here is the veg garden today, enjoying that pure par light
the_veg_garden.JPG

(flower, day 6)

Tonight I got a couple of good shots of our Chocolate Cheese monsters, because they were in the front, so let me give you an idea of the massivity of these girls. Each of these plants have 8-12 branches that will be in the top canopy, and under this massive 1200w of mulit-source/multi-spectrum light, they appear to be ready to develop foot long kolas. This my friends, is going to be wonderful.

What a fool I have been... I had the capability to run this much light for some time now but haven't done it. Live and learn they say.

Here are the glamor shots, with just the MH on:
DSCF61562.JPG

DSCF61572.JPG

(flower, day 13)

Today finds our 3 Chocolate Cheese girls filling up the tent as best they can, and one of them is really crowding the lights. I have moved her to the back and have raised the lights up as far as they will go without hanging them directly off of the support rod at the top of the tent. So far so good... if stretch is about over with, we will be ok.

One of these girls is huge, definitely going to be the biggest plant I have ever produced. The big lights (1200w full time) are really showing their power in this grow already, with buds at least a foot deep developing into what look like are going to merge into big foot long and huge kolas.

Today we also pollinated one branch of our CC grow so as to produce seeds. The previously stored (2 months ago) pollen/flour mix worked very well, and using a watercolor paintbrush I carefully "painted" the top bud and several of the lower buds on that branch. A plastic baggie was twist tied to the branch to keep the pollen there and not floating around the tent causing damage. As soon as pollination is confirmed, that branch will be sprayed down to kill any remaining pollen and the baggie will be removed.

Here are the pictures from this morning:

cc_gone_wild.JPG

budset3.JPG

budset_cc.JPG

(flower, day 19)

One of our plants has been successfully pollinated... This should produce a couple of hundred seeds
cc_pollinated.JPG

Other than that, things are going very well for the 3 cc plants in flower... I am estimating well over a half a pound from these girls. This will be my christmas harvest. In the veg tent, we are working on the valentines day harvest that will close me down for a few months as I get ready for vacations next year. I am loving what I have been able to do with these CC and CD clones in their 1 gallon smart pots, and already many of them are becoming very complex plants. There are 19 of them here under the 8x T5 light array, and the plan is to up-pot them to 3gal containers as soon as I harvest the bloom tent, and then run all of them as a sea of green... the biggest sea of green that I have attempted to this date. I hope for enough production out of that run to get us through the summer.

DSCF61902.JPG

DSCF61891.JPG

(flower, day 28)

Chocolate Cheese is looking great, times 3! All 3 plants are thriving and really starting to pack on some weight. Already the two tallest branches have been asked to lay down on the job so as to not get into the lights, and we are propping up things as needed. The frost has started to come in on the plants now, and some of the buds are already beginning to cluster into what are going to be at least foot long kolas.

Check out this tall one, now going horizontal across the top of the canopy:

foot_long.JPG

Here are a couple more shots to further illustrate what is going on here at just short of half way through bloom:

cc_corner.JPG
cc_day28.JPG

(flower, day 42)

Our three Chocolate Cheese plants are doing very well, and one is clearly a genetic outlier. This one plant is shorter, and is developing a different kind of bud than her two sisters are doing. I will show you the difference today with these bud shots. It is going to be interesting to compare the differences between these plants at harvest time. The shorter plant looks like it is going to finish before her sisters too and I am expecting a day 63 finish for her, whereas the others may have to get an extra week... still too early to tell.

First from plant #1:
ccb1p16w.JPG

ccb2p16w.JPG

And then from plant #2:

ccb2p26w.JPG

ccb1p26w.JPG

A special update for Santero...

I would like to confirm that the Chocolate Cheese is very susceptible to Grey Mold. I have never had this problem before and I first assumed that I had gotten the problem because of close placement in the veg tent and poor circulation. I upped the air circulation in there and sprayed NEEM on all the plants, and got the mold to stop... but it had to be dealt with or it was going to take out the entire room.

It is my belief that a couple of good sprayings of NEEM or some other mold inhibitor is necessary a couple of times in veg with this plant. The problem seems to be minimized under the big lights of the bloom tent, but still I had to apply neem to our youngest plant in the room who got infected before leaving veg, the Grilled Cheese (electrofied Chocolate Cheese). Everything seems to be ok now, the mold starts out low and moves up, and even at the 4th week point in bloom, it was still easy to get under control with one spraying of neem.

(flower, day 49)

Chocolate Cheese appears to be where the calendar says she should be... just starting the 7th week, and expecting to see the end of life bud stretch start now. Nothing but water from here on out. Two plants look like they need 2 more weeks, the third plant may be finishing early. We will study her in earnest this week.

Here is a quick shot of one of the two late bloomers, still in full flower with white pistils:
DSCF62383.JPG

Back
Top Bottom