Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Bloom, Day 2

All is well in the grow room this morning, with absolutely no indication that the plants did not love the added nutrients. There are no signs of deficiencies or excesses and the plants continue to grow at unprecedented rates. Bloom has started in earnest, with pistils now exploding out of the growth tips and starting to create the first flowers.

DSCF7709.JPG

The plants are starting to reach the tops of the tomato cages and the lights were pulled back to almost their maximum height on the long hangers... we might have to do some creative engineering to go up any higher. Light intensity was readjusted to approximately 36,000 lux at the top of the canopy, or about 530 PAR, ever increasing as we move into bloom and trying to keep stretch down by providing all the light they could want. All still looks good, and I am checking twice a day to make sure the light is not stressing out the plants.

Here is a shot from the side so you can see that there are no mid level deficiencies showing:
DSCF7711.JPG

And here is the view from the top, we we can see that they have turned into well controlled and well fed monsters.
DSCF7710.JPG

Bloom, Day 3
Just a quick shot from the Garden Cam today... all is well and as we can see that all the plants are suddenly at the top of the cages, and they appear to be loving the big increases in light intensity. On the next watering I will be increasing the MC a half a gram again, simply because of all the rapid growth going on during stretch. The other supplements will be kept at the present levels until week 4, when we are going to go up to the maximum recommended levels written on the bags of the SC and BE. I seem to have been challenged to see just what this MC along with its supplements can do... and I am out to prove now that by trusting these supplements I will be creating something above and beyond a typical grow achieved with just MC. I have seen a couple of our members do it... so I know this sort of organic quality that I am looking for is possible with this stuff, and I intend to achieve it, just by following the directions along with my ability to read the plants.

I will also note here that these plants are building bud sites like crazy right now... surely the result of the BE hard at work. A note about the much maligned BE for all of you following along in the various threads about this stuff... if you check your facts, ie. do your research, you will discover that the NPK numbers of BE have changed a couple of times, in direct response to the changes in the MegaCrop base. It appears that the compilation being sold right now and applied at the recommended rates, is just exactly what my girls seem to need.
2CAA8E7CDC94_1578079925611.png

Bloom, Day 3
Just a quick shot from the Garden Cam today... all is well and as we can see that all the plants are suddenly at the top of the cages, and they appear to be loving the big increases in light intensity. On the next watering I will be increasing the MC a half a gram again, simply because of all the rapid growth going on during stretch. The other supplements will be kept at the present levels until week 4, when we are going to go up to the maximum recommended levels written on the bags of the SC and BE. I seem to have been challenged to see just what this MC along with its supplements can do... and I am out to prove now that by trusting these supplements I will be creating something above and beyond a typical grow achieved with just MC. I have seen a couple of our members do it... so I know this sort of organic quality that I am looking for is possible with this stuff, and I intend to achieve it, just by following the directions along with my ability to read the plants.

I will also note here that these plants are building bud sites like crazy right now... surely the result of the BE hard at work. A note about the much maligned BE for all of you following along in the various threads about this stuff... if you check your facts, ie. do your research, you will discover that the NPK numbers of BE have changed a couple of times, in direct response to the changes in the MegaCrop base. It appears that the compilation being sold right now and applied at the recommended rates, is just exactly what my girls seem to need.
2CAA8E7CDC94_1578079925611.png
and theybare loving ittoo emmy. wow.
I am using shogun products and not the mc additionals , so far, so good. I have v3 mc(v2.5?) and understand this version is ALL inclusive now. With the pk warrior (6ml)and sumo boost (5ml)at lower rates and 10gmc/10L water. I have no issues showing yet. I am weeks away from harvest and impressed with the number of bud sites I have now going for it. I love this stuff and cannot wait to harvest to see how it fares against my LOS pots versions.
good luck .keep on with the pioneering , we are all watching and holding our breaths now.

and theybare loving ittoo emmy. wow.
I am using shogun products and not the mc additionals , so far, so good. I have v3 mc(v2.5?) and understand this version is ALL inclusive now. With the pk warrior (6ml)and sumo boost (5ml)at lower rates and 10gmc/10L water. I have no issues showing yet. I am weeks away from harvest and impressed with the number of bud sites I have now going for it. I love this stuff and cannot wait to harvest to see how it fares against my LOS pots versions.
good luck .keep on with the pioneering , we are all watching and holding our breaths now.
Thanks @Ganjagrandaddy for our first confirmation that v3 is shipping... have the numbers changed at all, or is it just all ground up now?

Thanks @Ganjagrandaddy for our first confirmation that v3 is shipping... have the numbers changed at all, or is it just all ground up now?
Hi Em... I'm not sure it has yet... this is from their site.

Description
Try 500g size FREE with coupon code MEGACROPPROMO

*new updated formula now shipping 8/15/2019*

I just received a new bag and it’s still not V3.

Bloom, Day 4
Today was watering day and as promised we have upped the MC to 5.5g/g. SC was continued at 1.5g/g, SK at .5g/g and BE at 1g/g. There are no problems to be seen anywhere and in the new growth it is my belief that the color is better this time than last.

DSCF7718.JPG

Bloom has set in big time and now the first little button flowers have appeared.

DSCF7720.JPG

Vertical growth has continued and seeing that there are no adverse affects from the 38k LUX, the lights have been dialed up a bit more to 360w, producing about 42k LUX / 617 PAR evenly across the average canopy height.

DSCF7717.JPG

I can see the effects of the BE in increased bud site production, with extra calyxes showing up all over the
plant. These should all merge together as this develops and I expect to see some foot long buds by the end.

DSCF7721.JPG

Today I also cleaned up the lower third of the plants to allow more energy up top and better airflow all around and straightened up things within the cages.

DSCF7713.JPG
DSCF7712.JPG

I referred to the 'color is better' as getting darker. It's hard to tell in the pics other than they are nice and green.
Yep, keeping a close eye, but I would not consider this to be too green... more like the perfect MC green, whereas on the last watering I thought the new growth particularly looked a little light, but being new growth, I tried to ignore that for the most part, but I did increase the MC. As you said, this time is when I will probably start seeing an issue since I am pushing the products pretty hard... but then this is the middle of stretch and the lights keep getting brighter too... I am betting they can handle the extra nutrition just fine. I am on frost patrol already now... between the @Vulx and the MC I wouldn't be surprised to see the start of it in week 2.

Sorry Emilya. I meant I got the 3rd version which gets called v2.5 sometimes. It isnt ground up but has be ect added . I got it about 6 weeks ago. sorry for any confusion if not what you meant.

Hi Em... I'm not sure it has yet... this is from their site.

Description
Try 500g size FREE with coupon code MEGACROPPROMO

*new updated formula now shipping 8/15/2019*
ooops my bad. I meant I had the 3rd version all inclusive of be ect..

Bloom, Day 5

So far, everything looks very good. The plants appear to be very vigorous and are rapidly stretching up to their final height and grew another inch or two overnight despite being trimmed pretty severely the day before. The tomato cages are doing exactly what they were designed to do and are holding these huge plants up perfectly.

DSCF7722.JPG

The increase in MC dosage has not created any tip burns, curling, clawing or any other adverse effect. There are no signs of overages, lockouts or deficiencies at this time. The plants are handling the extra light like champs and after a day of no complaining I have added some more juice and we are now running at 400w which is producing an average of 46,000 LUX or 675 PAR at the top of the canopy. Bertha has one tall bud that is experiencing 48,000 LUX / 706 PAR since it is several inches taller than any other bud, and we are watching this precocious thing very carefully for any light damage. So far, that bud for sure appears to be a likely candidate for a foot long bud by the time all these bud sites fill in... because yes, the Bud Explosion is working.

DSCF7723.JPG

I am reminded of my old Fox Farm days when we would apply Open Sesame at this point in the grow, and the buds would spring forth crazily, like this. I have to say, in the last several years of natural organic growing, I have not seen this effect, and I think I have missed it. Welcome back, insane bud site development... you are quite welcome in my garden.

DSCF7725.JPG
DSCF7724.JPG

Bloom, Day 5

So far, everything looks very good. The plants appear to be very vigorous and are rapidly stretching up to their final height and grew another inch or two overnight despite being trimmed pretty severely the day before. The tomato cages are doing exactly what they were designed to do and are holding these huge plants up perfectly.

DSCF7722.JPG

The increase in MC dosage has not created any tip burns, curling, clawing or any other adverse effect. There are no signs of overages, lockouts or deficiencies at this time. The plants are handling the extra light like champs and after a day of no complaining I have added some more juice and we are now running at 400w which is producing an average of 46,000 LUX or 675 PAR at the top of the canopy. Bertha has one tall bud that is experiencing 48,000 LUX / 706 PAR since it is several inches taller than any other bud, and we are watching this precocious thing very carefully for any light damage. So far, that bud for sure appears to be a likely candidate for a foot long bud by the time all these bud sites fill in... because yes, the Bud Explosion is working.

DSCF7723.JPG

I am reminded of my old Fox Farm days when we would apply Open Sesame at this point in the grow, and the buds would spring forth crazily, like this. I have to say, in the last several years of natural organic growing, I have not seen this effect, and I think I have missed it. Welcome back, insane bud site development... you are quite welcome in my garden.

DSCF7725.JPG
DSCF7724.JPG
you sound one happy bunny Emilya.lol so glad it's going so well. nice work and they look bang on the money. I am getting brilliant stacking using a pk addition and boost too , not theirs but working very well in combination so far. certainly upped my budsite amounts amd stacking them up now. Got to love MC.

Bloom, Day 7
Everyone is looking amazing today and I think at this point we can safely assume that BE is NOT a problem in this MegaCrop grow and it seems obvious that they have tolerated the increase to 5.5g/g MC just fine.

The plants are starting to even out now, with Mia stretching almost 2 inches in the last day or two, and almost caught up with Bertha in average height. The plants were rotated under the lights this morning, just in case the growth spurt had something to do with the position in the room.
DSCF7727.JPG
DSCF7726.JPG

The plants are handling the massive amount of light being thrown at them without any complaints but I have left the intensity at the current level for now. The plan is to wait until stretch is over and then carefully position the lights to around 18" away from the top buds, and raise the intensity up to 55-60k LUX on the top buds. Then I will be counting on penetration to provide adequate PAR as deep into the canopy as we can manage. It is all about distance at that point, and I am going to make sure not to add any more than I can help.
DSCF7728.JPG

Hi @Emilya , you are by far one of the best cannabis journal writers I have ever followed!

When I read through your posts, it's like a daily tutorial - in which the next day builds on the previous day. And more importantly, it is great to see the scattered theory I have read all over the internet coming to life with pictures here - day after day after day!

I am definitely going to loop back and read your previous journals too. I see you did one on breeding, which I am going to do this round.

Thanks again for passing on all your knowledge - that's exactly what this site is all about!

Hi @Emilya , you are by far one of the best cannabis journal writers I have ever followed!

When I read through your posts, it's like a daily tutorial - in which the next day builds on the previous day. And more importantly, it is great to see the scattered theory I have read all over the internet coming to life with pictures here - day after day after day!

I am definitely going to loop back and read your previous journals too. I see you did one on breeding, which I am going to do this round.

Thanks again for passing on all your knowledge - that's exactly what this site is all about!
Welcome to the Emilya fan club Doc , t-shirts are $5 and lapel badges $7. All proceeds to The old folks home of Ganjagrandaddy. heehee

Back
Top Bottom