Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

In a former life (25+ years ago), I had great success sprouting and cloning using, surprisingly, oasis floral foam. Cut into 1" cubes for seeds, 1x2 for clones, soak the cubes so they are saturated, and use a toothpick to poke a hole into the cube to place your seed or clone. I had nearly 100% germination/clone success.

I know it's far from organic, and there's probably better options now, but that floral foam seems to hold just the right amount of moisture for germinating and cloning, and gives a medium for the roots to sprout into, without any of the peat issues of the jiffy pucks.

The good old days.

Hey @Emilya sorry to put this here but I don't think I can message with pics. This discoloration literally showed up tonight. I can see it in 3 plants they are my oldest, 4 weeks. All are starting to show this. Any ideas? I'm only watering 2 grams every 4 days. I'm using the MC that's left over from the last grow. It's discolored?Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200503_010558.jpg
    20200503_010558.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200503_010551.jpg
    20200503_010551.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 53
Hey @Emilya sorry to put this here but I don't think I can message with pics. This discoloration literally showed up tonight. I can see it in 3 plants they are my oldest, 4 weeks. All are starting to show this. Any ideas? I'm only watering 2 grams every 4 days. I'm using the MC that's left over from the last grow. It's discolored?Thanks.
Hi D... no problems, but you can PM pics that are in your gallery.
The rapidity of the problem developing does not surprise me with MC, but I do see a clear indication of magnesium deficiency in this leaf pattern. What does GLN recommend when we see leaf damage, but no burning? More MC. Up your MC dosage just a bit (1/2 gram at the most) on your next watering and then re-evaluate.

I am back at work today, and I can't tell you how nice it is to be sitting behind my desk in my $300 office chair with my 5 computer screens surrounding me. I really missed being here! The world feels right again and although it is a stormy day in KC, it is a glorious one. I hope everyone else is having a great day!
:hug:

I am back at work today, and I can't tell you how nice it is to be sitting behind my desk in my $300 office chair with my 5 computer screens surrounding me. I really missed being here! The world feels right again and although it is a stormy day in KC, it is a glorious one. I hope everyone else is having a great day!
:hug:
Oh that's fantastic Em! How's the office config for distancing? My daughter is a designer and says she's swamped with new work because of this virus.

Oh that's fantastic Em! How's the office config for distancing? My daughter is a designer and says she's swamped with new work because of this virus.
On my floor we all have separate offices and we are allowed to go unmasked in our offices with our doors closed. When out and about, we are required to mask up for now and on some floors more ppe is required. Strict PPE is standard fare in our manufacturing and test areas, so nothing has changed there, but I don't often have to go down there. On the two floors below me, the cubicle crowd has had to spread out a bit more, and the lunchroom is doing some sort of limitations on how many they can serve at a time. As far as work goes, we are swamped, and I never really stopped working all this time from home.

On my floor we all have separate offices and we are allowed to go unmasked in our offices with our doors closed. When out and about, we are required to mask up for now and on some floors more ppe is required. Strict PPE is standard fare in our manufacturing and test areas, so nothing has changed there, but I don't often have to go down there. On the two floors below me, the cubicle crowd has had to spread out a bit more, and the lunchroom is doing some sort of limitations on how many they can serve at a time. As far as work goes, we are swamped, and I never really stopped working all this time from home.
That sounds organised enough. You can be as cautious as you wish. Stay healthy!

I made an offer on a house today, a big beautiful, built in 1900 farm house, and the thing that really sold me was the 25x36 well built and insulated and on a thick slab, $30,000 garage... it will make an excellent locked grow area. It has a double lot, fenced yard for the dog, old trees and the house is full of charm, old wood work, fireplace and lots of potential. Wish me luck!

Em,
I'm curious what you intend to do with your soil from this grow. Are you intending to re-use it? If so, do you flush it?
Now that you have harvested, I'm assuming this soil is soaked with 5-6gm/gal MC.
Since this grow was not dependent on "living" soil, what is to stop someone from reusing this medium from grow to grow?

Back
Top Bottom