Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

I know it sounds a little daft md I may have missed it already but what about the rice balls idea from InTheShed to help the last deep seated moisture pockets. I use bovida 6.2 and found they have kept things perfect . My last crop of Bluedreamatic is still nice and spongy but perfectly smokable dry with a nice terp profile after about 2 months.
Not daft at all... I have just never tried it. I use rice in my salt shakers and have used it to dry out electronic equipment that got wet, so I have no doubt that this method would work. My fear is simply that it might work too well, and not being familiar with the method I found myself more willing to just burp the jars or leave the product out in the open for a while than to experiment with rice balls and maybe get too dry.

I'm afraid she's probably right. Everything being relevant I hope it doesn't go too far. Just so you get a good deal. Get your basketball shoes ready!
Me either! Me and my mother both have houses to sell ( in my previous life I was a realtor so I’m going to try a FSBO ) , then hopefully snag a good deal clear across our state . All within the next 4 months . My new job starts beginning of august presuming school starts back . I didn’t anticipate this as well as others I see are in same boat as me . GL to all involved in making moves . What really stinks is not being able to look at potential houses right now . Choosing the right house means keeping my grow op into consideration for sure lol I’ve rambled long enough

Not daft at all... I have just never tried it. I use rice in my salt shakers and have used it to dry out electronic equipment that got wet, so I have no doubt that this method would work. My fear is simply that it might work too well, and not being familiar with the method I found myself more willing to just burp the jars or leave the product out in the open for a while than to experiment with rice balls and maybe get too dry.

I did what you suggested and kept the jars open for several hours the past few days, and the % has dropped from low 70's to 64-65%. Most my jars are at that right now so just burping once a day. Since I have 6 diff strains it's cool to smell the changes in them as they cure. I have to say the SODK I don't like the smell. Umami is the best way to describe it. On the plant it was straight citrus, now it smells like, well cooked meat, kind of beef jerky like, it's weird.
I have 3 new strains arriving this week, can't wait to get them going!

I went the SODK route for the holiday. And shared some with my brother stuck at home with two little girls. Lord knows he needed the delivery!

I finally get to go back to work Monday, so this weekend will need to involve a bit of tapering off... me wait? lol :ganjamon:

The smoke has cured out to be quite tasty, not as vivid of flavors as I like to see or have experienced before with pineapple strains, but it is definitely some high quality smoke that is a pleasure to partake of. Its now so strong that a fattie in the morning keeps me going until late afternoon and then another big one after dinner takes us well into the evening. I tend to puff a bit more during the evening as I watch over my computers, some working on economics modeling programs and investing projects while others work on automatically connecting my ham radios to networks all over the world and now that this smoke has a good cure to it, these desktop sessions seem to zone me completely out and I have to try to limit myself if I need to concentrate.
:lot-o-toke:

My grandfather had a big Ham radio setup. I've always wondered more about them.
I got into it because my Dad is big into it and I found that I really enjoyed some of the aspects of the hobby very much. I am not much of a conversationalist over the air with my hearing and speech difficulties, but I found my love in communicating using morse code and the various computer assisted digital modes. My car is tracked via the Amateur Radio Position Reporting System (APRS) and I am an active member of the local Storm Spotter/Skywarn system. Part of the instructions that come with finding my house involve looking for my 60' antenna tower as you drive through the country to get here and that will be one of the first big things put back into place when I find a new house.

Em,
Thanks for a great journal. Sorry I had fallen off the radar, but I flew to Las Vegas in the beginning of April for a business trip, and came back the the dreaded, "Rona". I must have picked it up in the airport. So the next couple of weeks was lost as I worked to recover, as after working from home, I was just zonked out. Then a couple projects at the house collided into destroying my free time.
Just so you know, I did get my hands on some MC and am in the germination process now. Of course some popped and others are being more stubborn... but since I'm a total newb, I also had to set up my environment.
Went with a 5'x5' tent, a NextGen Mega, with a 6" clouldline fan. HP Pro mix, perlite, and Vulx in eventually 5 gal bags. Just waiting on the germination process to complete. I had started 6 seeds, 2 popped right up, after 5 days I went back into the jiffy pucks to investigate. 1 looked like he was upside down so I left him as is (this may have been a bad call as two days later no joy). The others showed no signs of life, so I extracted them, and am trying the paper towel method to see if these things are viable.
I feel like a new baker, who bought the store, but now I can't get the oven lit. :p
So if imitation equals flattery, I thought you would enjoy the influence this thread has had on my "setup". And I thought I was going to start with a LOS grow.... HA!

Em,
Thanks for a great journal. Sorry I had fallen off the radar, but I flew to Las Vegas in the beginning of April for a business trip, and came back the the dreaded, "Rona". I must have picked it up in the airport. So the next couple of weeks was lost as I worked to recover, as after working from home, I was just zonked out. Then a couple projects at the house collided into destroying my free time.
Just so you know, I did get my hands on some MC and am in the germination process now. Of course some popped and others are being more stubborn... but since I'm a total newb, I also had to set up my environment.
Went with a 5'x5' tent, a NextGen Mega, with a 6" clouldline fan. HP Pro mix, perlite, and Vulx in eventually 5 gal bags. Just waiting on the germination process to complete. I had started 6 seeds, 2 popped right up, after 5 days I went back into the jiffy pucks to investigate. 1 looked like he was upside down so I left him as is (this may have been a bad call as two days later no joy). The others showed no signs of life, so I extracted them, and am trying the paper towel method to see if these things are viable.
I feel like a new baker, who bought the store, but now I can't get the oven lit. :p
So if imitation equals flattery, I thought you would enjoy the influence this thread has had on my "setup". And I thought I was going to start with a LOS grow.... HA!

Nice light to start with! Kind of jealous. No I'm extremely jealous! Damn I like the way you roll. As far as the seeds go, did you go strait into the jiffy pellets? Let's throw those away. Start your seeds in some water, then when they sink (12-24 hrs in my experience) put them in the wet but not soaked paper towels in a plastic sandwich bag left open. Place in a warm spot. I put them on a paper plate and then on top or one of my cable boxes. Use your hand to see if it is warm or hot, I use old DVD cases under the plate to raise them to achieve around 80° . IMO if those haven't popped yet they won't. Longest I've had a seed stay in the paper towels and sprout and survive was 2.5 days.
Good to see your going to go the MC route, please read @Emilya whole thread to see how to use it. Please don't follow the MC directions! Use the knowledge that others shared regarding MC. I'm 4 weeks into a new grow and I'm at 2 grams MC and started using MC at 2 weeks. I'll max out at 4.5 grams, but thats me, I found out the hard way about using too much. So I'm going easy this grow. Don't hesitate to ask questions. @Emilya is the cannabis Sherpa, she'll line you out. She has helped me exponentially and I owe her big time!

Nice light to start with! Kind of jealous. No I'm extremely jealous! Damn I like the way you roll. As far as the seeds go, did you go strait into the jiffy pellets? Let's throw those away. Start your seeds in some water, then when they sink (12-24 hrs in my experience) put them in the wet but not soaked paper towels in a plastic sandwich bag left open. Place in a warm spot. I put them on a paper plate and then on top or one of my cable boxes. Use your hand to see if it is warm or hot, I use old DVD cases under the plate to raise them to achieve around 80° . IMO if those haven't popped yet they won't. Longest I've had a seed stay in the paper towels and sprout and survive was 2.5 days.
Good to see your going to go the MC route, please read @Emilya whole thread to see how to use it. Please don't follow the MC directions! Use the knowledge that others shared regarding MC. I'm 4 weeks into a new grow and I'm at 2 grams MC and started using MC at 2 weeks. I'll max out at 4.5 grams, but thats me, I found out the hard way about using too much. So I'm going easy this grow. Don't hesitate to ask questions. @Emilya is the cannabis Sherpa, she'll line you out. She has helped me exponentially and I owe her big time!

Hi Deketx,
Thanks for responding. I am looking forward to getting that light cranking. I figured buy once, cry once... however I feel like a monkey with a Stradivarius... so much to learn.
I had soaked those seeds until they sank, @18hrs, but then I went directly into the jiffy pellets. When I started troubleshooting, (only getting 2 sprouts out of 6) I realized the temperature in my chosen location hovered in the low to upper 60's. I have them on a heating mat that gets things in the low 80s to mid 70s now.
I moved some of these stragglers to the paper towel method yesterday, just to see if they'll come around. At what point did you introduce MC to your seedlings?
I have read the entire thread, good stuff! I'll need to re-read it, as my memory will need freshening after my hiatus.
I admire your self control. I have no desire to bang against the 6g/gal MC limit. If I can keep a MC green until harvest, I will be more than satisfied.
In the spirit of total transparency, I started an additional 6 seeds 2 days ago, soaked, and scraped, then into jiffy pellets, with the new temperature settings. I'll give that test a couple days. If nothing, then that will be confirmation that the paper towel step cannot be bypassed with an acceptable success rate.

Hi Deketx,
Thanks for responding. I am looking forward to getting that light cranking. I figured buy once, cry once... however I feel like a monkey with a Stradivarius... so much to learn.
I had soaked those seeds until they sank, @18hrs, but then I went directly into the jiffy pellets. When I started troubleshooting, (only getting 2 sprouts out of 6) I realized the temperature in my chosen location hovered in the low to upper 60's. I have them on a heating mat that gets things in the low 80s to mid 70s now.
I moved some of these stragglers to the paper towel method yesterday, just to see if they'll come around. At what point did you introduce MC to your seedlings?
I have read the entire thread, good stuff! I'll need to re-read it, as my memory will need freshening after my hiatus.
I admire your self control. I have no desire to bang against the 6g/gal MC limit. If I can keep a MC green until harvest, I will be more than satisfied.
In the spirit of total transparency, I started an additional 6 seeds 2 days ago, soaked, and scraped, then into jiffy pellets, with the new temperature settings. I'll give that test a couple days. If nothing, then that will be confirmation that the paper towel step cannot be bypassed with an acceptable success rate.
On second thought, screw it. Everything is now out of the jiffy pucks, into the paper towels. We'll see if there are any survivors.... lol

Back
Top Bottom