Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL - 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

re: Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL; 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

Grow it up and smoke it. ;)

And what if it's amazing? I'll be so gutted i never got to do it again.
I guess that will just have to be my first cloning attempt.

yes.

I'll try and take a few clones off it before i flip to flower and breed them.

sweet.

re: Equanimity's 2nd Grow - The White Room - HPS & CFL; 3 Strains & Sex for Afters

How long do have you have until you flip? I'm going to be posting my cloning technique with pictures and explaination step by step of the process.

It'll be in a week or 2 but if it's your first time, I HIGHLY recommend using this process. I very very very rarely lose a clone, and really quick rooting rate.

I plan to flip once the tallest plant is 1ft tall, this is to make sure thet the stretch doesn't put them past the height of the LED/HPS. I'm hoping for a good 4 inches clearance.

Obviously if the LED then burns/warps the plants I'll just move it elsewhere, probably down to the blue room, as i intend to clean it and use it for other things after the sex.

You ever root clones under LED?

I'm hoping i can get away with rooting the clones in coir - without cubes and other such consumables. Just straight into coir with mychorrizae in a small pot with a dome.

I plan to flip once the tallest plant is 1ft tall, this is to make sure thet the stretch doesn't put them past the height of the LED/HPS. I'm hoping for a good 4 inches clearance.

Obviously if the LED then burns/warps the plants I'll just move it elsewhere, probably down to the blue room, as i intend to clean it and use it for other things after the sex.

You ever root clones under LED?

I'm hoping i can get away with rooting the clones in coir - without cubes and other such consumables. Just straight into coir with mychorrizae in a small pot with a dome.

No I haven't. You want to use a 5000k cfl bulb or something of that range of lumen, 6000K is ideal. Atleast thats what works the best for me.

i have a whole rake of 6400ks in the grow box (they're the ones that die a lot). bright white things, almost a blue hue off them. One side of the 300w cfls are of a similar temperature so i might use that since it would put out heat aswell, which would give me humidity under the domes.

cutting the edges of the leaves so that the clones look like little helicopters... does that even work?

Yeah its for 2 reasons, so your leaves don't burn, and so the clones aren't weighed down. And you NEED to have a couple fan leaves on there, it's really the only way they'll root quickly and or at all.

Yeah its for 2 reasons, so your leaves don't burn, and so the clones aren't weighed down. And you NEED to have a couple fan leaves on there, it's really the only way they'll root quickly and or at all.

If i topped just before i flipped, could i use those parts? this way i could let them go over a foot tall... but would that screw up my main plants [cos no time to recover from topping before flower]?

if you do that, you would have to transplant to let the new roots grow, and give it a lot of nutrients start Day 1 of flower. All of those branches will grow to become beautiful tops all fairly equal. The more nutrients you feed during flower, the bigger your plant will be you know? More food bigger anything. So getting all creative with it you could have a wicked looking bush man

tmp_1568-IMG_20141010_162357133310839.jpg

So this is one of the girls who's leaves got crispy a few days ago.

The damage progressed a little but then stopped but I've noticed a deformity; if you look at the two largest leaves on the horizontal plane you can see that the one on the left has a snake tongue thing going on.

Should i expect issues from this plant in the future?

Also tonight i plan to move the light schedule from 6am/midnight to 8pm/12pm and will provide an extended light period to bridge the gap. I think, moving forward, it's the best option and I'll go as far as to say that lights on during the day was a foolish idea.

I only did it because i sleep in this room and the grow cabinet is pretty loud and bright, though i have now completed a number of steps to prevent light escaping from, or leaking into the cubicle.

Under the new schedule I'll be able to avoid some of the heat and prevent a night frost issue, as I've noticed that my temperatures have been dropping as low as 16c in the box at night, which will only get worse as we plough into the coming winter.

Day 22

So, i had a little bit of either nute burn or heat stress or something or other that made some things crispy but it appears to have gone away (yay)

Over the last five days since my last proper update the girls have enjoyed rapid growth.

Joanne Is one of the smallest of the plants.
Her sluggishness and the snake-tongue-leaf mutation has precluded her from the breeding programme.
She suffered a little crispiness but has bounced back well.
2014-10-10_20_26_03.jpg

2014-10-10_20_26_15.jpg

Jennifer Suffered a great deal and as a result I bit off a portion of the leaf to see if it tasted charred or overly of chemicals, it did not. It was just crispy and full of chlorophyll.
The new growth looks great and even.
2014-10-10_20_26_39.jpg

2014-10-10_20_26_46.jpg

Loretta Looks very well; there's no evidence of any suffering and she's of a nice size for this stage.
I am hoping to take a clone from her before i flip to flower to try and preserve this strain for further experimentation.
2014-10-10_20_27_07.jpg

2014-10-10_20_27_12.jpg

Leanne looks pretty and is also lacking any significant errors. She is the biggest of the Blue Dream strain and is currently a candidate for the breeding programme based on her resilience and beauty.
2014-10-10_20_27_31.jpg

2014-10-10_20_27_35.jpg

Kimberley is the largest of all of the plants and is also the hardiest having resisted whatever attacked the others. She is the plant I will use for breeding the Lemon Kush strain.
2014-10-10_20_30_13.jpg

2014-10-10_20_30_25.jpg

Christine is a pretty standard, mid level plant. No mutations, nice growth.
2014-10-10_20_30_39.jpg

2014-10-10_20_30_46.jpg

Carla is very healthy looking. very uniform and boring... just like her namesake lol
2014-10-10_20_31_06.jpg

2014-10-10_20_31_14.jpg

Nicola experienced a little of the crispiness and still retains the upturned serrations on her leaf edges like some kind of crocodile. New growth, as per the others, looks decent enough.
2014-10-10_20_31_28.jpg

2014-10-10_20_31_35.jpg

Josie is the second of the Blue Dream plants; she suffered a little and has remained small but not uncharacteristically so, as i've noticed the Blue Dream to be somewhat smaller than the other strains.
New growth looks good and i can't see i'll have many problems here.
2014-10-10_20_31_50.jpg

2014-10-10_20_31_58.jpg

Cheryl is not one plant but three small plants; if you remember, i got frustrated with #12 being a no show and began just feeding seeds into the pot until it relented and offered up a stalk.
I got three stalks and now i know exactly what happens in this situation - they jostle for position; cancelling out each other's efforts to grow. I imagine i'll get less than a quarter ounce of dry weight from these triplets in the end. Needless to say, neither seeds nor clones will be reaped from this plant.
2014-10-10_20_32_10.jpg

2014-10-10_20_33_01.jpg

Julie and Kerry are currently undergoing a sex change by way of 45ppm colloidal silver spray.
They have been under 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark for the last 24 hours and have received their second spritzing of colloidal silver.
They look reasonable and have not had any more issues since the crispiness event of last week.
The fan that i have on them might be too close though as it's blowing pretty hard; Julie's posture is a result of spending the night being blown about by it, giving vindication to the phrase "if the wind changes, you'll stay that way". If this is a problem, let me know and i'll remedy it.
I plan to remove the fan once i start seeing sex, though, as i don't want to have pollen blowing about.
2014-10-10_21_37_03.jpg

2014-10-10_21_37_08.jpg

2014-10-10_21_37_14.jpg

2014-10-10_21_37_19.jpg

Thanks for looking and sorry for the wall of pictures; these will be my last for a while lol

The snake tongue will probably only be on that one leaf. Thats a weird deformity. I've had a couple leaves grow out of 1 leaf before, but I have never seen the snake tongue. Thats pretty cool!

Cool, definitely.
Suggestive of a hermiation incident in the future? possibly.
I'll be keeping an eye on Joanne and if i so much as get a feint whiff of nanners she'll find herself in compost immediately, if not sooner.

It's just a deformity bud, not a sign of anything.

Check this deformity out man. Leaves growing out of leaves.

IMG_41006.jpg
IMG_41017.jpg

So cool

layered leaves. looks cool.

So it's not a bad sign then? that's good to know thanks man :)

Don't trip mang they look great!

Back
Top Bottom