Erk202 - 1st Indoor Grow - Eartha

cool bro, but 3 -42wt bulbs is good for 1 plant. you'll need more than 3 26wt bulbs. try and keep 2000 lumens per foot of plant height. remember also that the more lumens the more bud. i still rock my cfl's (500+wts) w/my 1000wt hps even though its probably not needed.

:thanks:

but to clear you up on some things, i dont have 3x 26w bulbs. My veg 2700k color CFL is 40w(150w) and my flower 6500k color CFL is 26w(100w). Soon yes i will be adding another 2700k 40w(150w) CFL.

Its already stated under the COMMING SOON: text. above your post. But its ok you missed it, alot of people usually dont read every single text in these journals due to thier lengh..i know i dont, i just look at the pics..LOL

Small Update:
My Water Schedule
:idea:

OK iv'e been doing some monitoring/testing on my wet/dry water schedule.

I found out that my pot takes about 5-7 days for it to get completely dry...and it takes 3 full days for the top to get dry. So i came up with a formula for my water schedule finally.

I will be watering her every Friday of each week, with 2cups = (1 reg Drinking Bottle). And giving her 2 full caps of water every Monday or whenever the "TOP" gets completely dry.

So basically this is the sequence:

From Fri-Mon the top of the soil is already dry by then, so 2 caps will be given (Only in the middle, surrounding the plants stem)

From Mon-Fri by then the whole pot would be almost completely Dry. Then I will repeat the sequence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WET/DRY TIP:

But why water her every Mon. with only 2 caps ?

Because, so i know that i wont be watering her not too much or not too little by the time, its time to water her again.

It wont hurt to spray your plants or give it just a little bit of water in between your wet/dry schedule. As long as you dont give it too much, it all depends on how your setup is, and how well your pot drains the water out.

You'll have to test your own wet/dry schedule to see when its time to water again and Etc...Then if you want you can create a spray/cap watering time in between that time.

:peace:

PICS either later tonight or tomarrow. (ever since i got that extra 6500k color CFL she gotten Bigger like OMG.)

little CFL update.

Instead of me getin that other 2700k red CFL, ill be geting a 6500k blue to help fill the spectrum as a whole.

So ill have 2 Blue 6500K's 26w(100w) and 1 2700k Red 40w(150w). Maybe later down the line ill add another 2700k red.

For some reason she seems to love the new 6500k Blue spectrum. She's even pointing towards that CFL instead of the other red 2700k CFL.
and the 2700k has way more lumens then the 6500k.

I wonder why she's doing that? can anyone explain....

could be b/c it is still in veg. i know you want to fill out the spectrum, but you should get another 2700K rather than another blue one. flowering will use the red light way more than the blue. it's ok to have blue in there, but if you can it should be red.

could be b/c it is still in veg. i know you want to fill out the spectrum, but you should get another 2700K rather than another blue one. flowering will use the red light way more than the blue. it's ok to have blue in there, but if you can it should be red.

:thanks:

alright ill get a red rather then a blue. But shes gonna be pointing towards the blue the whole time tho like shes not even growing towards the red. And she was growing way too slow when i only had the red cfl, now that i have the blue in there, its like she just blew up in 1 day.

it grows so well w/ the blue light b/c you are in veg. keep the blue light on it til you flower, but once it goes into flower, you want the red light. keep the blue on it now b/c you want it to grow up a bit, and switch to the red.

honestly, you can use whichever ones you want. using mostly blue will give you slightly different buds than mostly red light. but using the red light would simulate the sun at the end of an outdoor cycle.

PIC UPDATE:
:idea:

OK guys i was really going to wait to take some pics in tell Friday (Last day of Veg) & the day i water her, but oh well i couldn't hold back.....she's looking too nice...

DIGI000112.JPG

11 Days old as of today the 14th. Week 2 of Veg & Last week of Veg. As you can see, my 3rd row of leaves are already sprouting out and if you can look closely 2 set of other leaves are coming out on the side of the big ones as well, almost forming like a letter \V/ with those lines being as the leaves.

DIGI000211.JPG

---

DIGI00037.JPG

Yep its time to water i know, Friday will be the day for my watering schedule of 2 cups....then 2 (caps) on that following Monday.

DIGI00046.JPG

Well thats it for now.....she has done some impressive progress within this week alone....

The towel is my kind of way of tucking her in for bed...LOL but honestly its for to keep her warm, it gets cold in there at night.:peace:

More pics on Friday tho....some close up ones i didnt have my digi cam with me tonight.

Looking good so far Erk202. The only thing I see is that you could have added more perlite. It's better to have at least 15-20% perlite for better drainage. Be careful not to over water.

That MG Sphagnum contains a pretty good dose of starter nutes so you probably won't need to feed it for a few weeks.

Hope you get a lady!!

Harry

Looking good so far Erk202. The only thing I see is that you could have added more perlite. It's better to have at least 15-20% perlite for better drainage. Be careful not to over water.

That MG Sphagnum contains a pretty good dose of starter nutes so you probably won't need to feed it for a few weeks.

Hope you get a lady!!

Harry

:thanks: man....appreciate the help...yea that perlite came from my old pot that was in my old soil, i didn't have enough $$ to get some yet so, its still on my to buy list...but the pot itself drains pretty well. And its more perlite in the soil that u cant see its mixed up at the bottom..

TODAY IS THE DAY WE FLOWER !
:slide:

Glad to say that today is the day i start to flower 12/12. Timer is already running and all i have to do is pray.

Its been 2 weeks now of Veg 24/0. She's 14 days old now as of 1/16/09. Just to keep yall on track of things...

Flowering Schedule: started @ 6am and will end at 6pm.
Day 1 of Flowering (12/12) - 1/16/09
DIGI000212.JPG

DIGI000113.JPG

Today also was the day to water her. She's a little wet there. HEHE

DIGI00038.JPG

She's starting to smell too, every time i open my closet i get this wiff of weed smell...:rollit:

DIGI00056.JPG

---

DIGI00047.JPG

Small Changes I made with my water schedule:
I don't know if i gave the pot 2 cups when i first got the soil or if it was 4 cups cuz i remember watering after i filled half of the pot then i put some more soil over top of that.

So instead of me giving her 2 cups every Friday, it will be doing 4 cups, cuz after poring 2 cups it didnt really do anything, and i dont think that was enough.

Oh and also TODAY IS MY B-DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
:popcorn::smokin::slide::cool::smokin::grinjoint::bong::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom