Exceptionally High FECO Yields

depending on how long I store it will determine the humidity I choose... dryer for longer term storage.
I know a few growers that like to have their buds dryer than 62% for smoking, so they will always have some out of the jars a few days at least before firing them up. That way they dry out a bit more (assuming the ambient RH is below 62 of course!). For long term storage, it's best to keep them in the high 50s at least to promote curing. Many plants get even better with long term cures.

I know a few growers that like to have their buds dryer than 62% for smoking, so they will always have some out of the jars a few days at least before firing them up. That way they dry out a bit more (assuming the ambient RH is below 62 of course!). For long term storage, it's best to keep them in the high 50s at least to promote curing. Many plants get even better with long term cures.
I enjoy nothing more than a big fat joint, but at 62% it is hard to keep one lit... This is what I use the 58% Bovedas for ... at 58% they burn just fine. At 62% they burn in the pipe, but pipes are not always convenient.

The Jazz (MeJA) study notes; Study after study is slowly building up my confidence we will be successful. Then, I can further explain the fun going on down in the garden. The ester treated cultivar shows no signs yet of diminished shade avoidance standing at attention after two weeks. The flowers are looking enriched, covered in long white and translucent pistillate hairs that make it real hard not to think of Tom Petty (RIP) back in the day. Culver City Cool Cat I says!

Exogenous MeJA application enhanced resistance to the pathogen, and SSH analyses led to the identification of 94 unigenes, presumably involved in a variety of functions, which were classified into several functional categories, including metabolism, signal transduction, protein biogenesis and degradation, and cell defense and rescue.

Foliar application of MeJA induced partial resistance against S. sclerotiorum in plants as well as a consistent increase in pathogenesis-related protein activities. Our findings provide new insights into the physiological and molecular mechanisms of resistance induced by MeJA in the P. vulgarisS. sclerotiorum pathosystem.

New insights into the evolution of jasmonate signaling further suggest that opposing selective pressures associated with too much or too little defense may have shaped the emergence of a modular jasmonate pathway that integrates primary and specialized metabolism through the control of repressor-transcription factor complexes. A better understanding of the mechanistic basis of growth-defense balance has important implications for boosting plant productivity, including insights into how these tradeoffs may be uncoupled for agricultural improvement.
Jasmonates (JAs), the derivatives of lipids, act as vital signaling compounds in diverse plant stress responses and development. JAs are known to mediate defense responses against herbivores, necrotrophic pathogens, nematodes and other micro-organism besides alleviating abiotic stresses including UV-stress, osmotic stress, salt stress, cold stress, temperature stress, heavy metal stress, ozone stress etc. Jasmonate signaling does not work alone while mediating defense responses in plants but it functions in multifarious crosstalk network with other phytohormone signaling pathways such as auxin, gibberellic acid (GA), and salicylic acid. The present review gives the holistic approach about the role of jasmonates in counteracting the stress whether biotic or abiotic. Jasmonates regulate beneficial plant–microbe interactions, such as interactions with plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi.
Jasmonates (JAs), imperative signaling compounds and derivatives of fatty acid metabolism, play a substantial role in mediating a variety of defense responses in plants to overcome different types of stresses. Jasmonates, oxylipin compounds ubiquitous in the plant kingdom, besides regulating different aspects of plant growth and development, evoke and modulate several plant processes by involving diverse crosstalk signaling mechanisms with different hormones and nutrient elements under perturbed environmental conditions. Methyl jasmonate (MeJA) acts as a signaling molecule that is perceived by protein receptors involved in the stress responses leading to the induction of signal transduction cascades and activating different antioxidant proteins.

MeJA Foliar Study Part 2
Sister Clones Evaluation
Considerations and Controls​

This coming Sunday the two clones will have completed their fourth week of flower. That day, the smaller clone will be relocated into the HID flowerbed next to her sister and will then be fertigated on identical schedules.

The clones had 22 days after cutting before being up potted a second time to 3.5 Gal. containers and subjected to reduced (12hrs) lighting, signal flowering. This was not sufficient time for the accumulation of a large root system and the foliar mass needed to produce a large specimen, but was rather by design part of another ongoing study I am conducting. The clones will make great little test plants.
Tbc too tired tonight...

I am trying to make a decision who is next. Couple cookie shots and then the Queen, my Northern. Checking out her underside is enjoyable work. Look close and see she is still looking for love. New pistils.

Can anyone see trichomes the color amber? @CrazyChef even sent a picture of them and they all look milky to me. I am bad color blind and solicit opinions please. :)

Am I jumping the gun Pennywise? Please shut me down if I am still rushing a full strength harvest/

I’m still seeing white pistils and what appears to be some clear trichs. I’d wait if it were me. Remember when you think they’re done then wait at least 1 week.

I’m still seeing white pistils and what appears to be some clear trichs. I’d wait if it were me. Remember when you think they’re done then wait at least 1 week.
awesome, i have to overnight in chicago for my spine study sunday night and tuesday i am meeting with a botanist over joliet way. we got too much cooking for now, and with your advice...bam

we are waiting a week cause I think the cookies are ready. LOL
thanks bro
noticed all the help and love you move when i stopped over.
amazed you take time to talk with a whack like me.
tip of the stetson too ya sir

@Skybound
You changed my world bro. This is monumental to me, and actually a whole bunch of Vets I share with. I have been whole hardheartedly complimented that my smoke is some of the best they have ever had. Me too. My critical jack was the best i have had in 40 some years. I finally received technical support from JR Peters and dang have I been goofing. None of my girls have ever been cared for correctly in terms of nutrition. They get lots of love, so maybe that helps.

I have not even been close to feeding them properly.
I can now only imagine, if I knew then, what I know now. :)

bro mucho gracias

No These are extrapolations calculated by weight loss.
1000 grams wet gives me around 200 grams at the time I put the smokw in jars.

20 to 25% is where your weight should be after Cure! I always use 20% when I am guessing weight at harvest.

awesome, i have to overnight in chicago for my spine study sunday night and tuesday i am meeting with a botanist over joliet way. we got too much cooking for now, and with your advice...bam

we are waiting a week cause I think the cookies are ready. LOL
thanks bro
noticed all the help and love you move when i stopped over.
amazed you take time to talk with a whack like me.
tip of the stetson too ya sir

When you meet with the Botanist, can you ask him if I can take a 40 plus yr old fan leaf and regenerate it? Would love to get this strain going again, best flavor, fragrance and high of my 58 yrs of smoking cannabis.

@Skybound
You changed my world bro. This is monumental to me, and actually a whole bunch of Vets I share with. I have been whole hardheartedly complimented that my smoke is some of the best they have ever had. Me too. My critical jack was the best i have had in 40 some years. I finally received technical support from JR Peters and dang have I been goofing. None of my girls have ever been cared for correctly in terms of nutrition. They get lots of love, so maybe that helps.

I have not even been close to feeding them properly.
I can now only imagine, if I knew then, what I know now. :)

bro mucho gracias

I haven't the slightest idea what I did for you, but would you kindly teach it back to me so I can grow the best bud ever? LOL. Are you sure you're not thinking about someone else though?

When you meet with the Botanist, can you ask him if I can take a 40 plus yr old fan leaf and regenerate it? Would love to get this strain going again, best flavor, fragrance and high of my 58 yrs of smoking cannabis.
I can see how friendly she is , never met her in person before. We are meeting to discuss the collaboration on some research. the school has a fantastic array of equipment and lab space and for twenty years she has directed traffic. Laws of the land are changing here Jan 1. can you imagine how much fun i could have if they turned me loose for a while. :)

I haven't the slightest idea what I did for you, but would you kindly teach it back to me so I can grow the best bud ever? LOL. Are you sure you're not thinking about someone else though?
you kidding, i complained and moaned about my nutes to @Pennywise enough that he lateraled me to you. Then you tell me how it should be made and meantime have me get my free sample of chow, put me in @farside05 medium and cheer on my experiments.

priceless

MeJA Foliar Study Part 2
Sister Clones Evaluation
Considerations and Controls​
control issues;
The clones had only 22 days after cutting before being up potted into 3.5 Gal. containers and subjected to reduced (12hrs) lighting thus signaling the GRN for a switch from vegetative growth, too genetically sequenced reproductive needs. This may not be sufficient time for the accumulation of a well-developed root system and the branchial and foliar mass needed to produce a large specimen. This limitation is potentially dilutive in statistical analysis, however on broader examination of our study it will fit our purpose. It would have been nice if I would have vegged them proper.

The two cultivars, although cuttings from the same “mother” plant, are not growing at identical rates. The larger more developed clone has more numerous flower bracts and presents a well dispersed canopy assisted mechanically during low stress training. The smaller clone is by no means unhealthy or defective, rather she is very alert and also benefitting greatly from the LST. Who makes a better Delta? One must be control.

The cultivars were being fertigated with an inappropriate nutrient recipe loaded in P. Midway through fourth week of flower the nutrition recipe was changed incorporating Mega Crop. Sky just taught us P is not for PREMO.

There is no room at the inn. After consultation with 420 the main flowerbed will not incur a vacancy until next weekend. Meanwhile the cultivar awaiting transfer is illuminated via LED giving it an unfair developmental advantage that is cumulative in nature. Each day it spends under full spectrum led while the sister is under HID is destructive towards control. shoot

In the notion that our application of MeJA on cannabis to stimulate a defensive response resulting in increased cannabinoid production could become someone else’s property if they get there first. Nightmare stuff. The wife saw this story and asked me if someone could patent this process? I think not.

Consider, for example, the Smooth Angel rose plant, patented by Henry Davidson of Orinda, California. It is described as follows in its patent:

"A new rose variety of the hybrid tea class distinctive in its character by being near thornless and by having blooms which open with the outer petals being a cream color and the center petals yellow orange as hereafter shown and described. This rose is novel and distinctive from previous rose plants in the following ways: (1) near thornlessness (i.e., only a few thorns appear on some bushes); (2) an attractive full foliaged spreading plant; and (3) a medium to large, tight centered, full, symmetrical, two toned cream and yellow orange bloom. Asexual reproduction of the Smooth Angel was performed in California and was continued through succeeding propagations."

If a plant has existed in nature and has reproduced, it is not novel. In other words, if the patent examiner can find a previously reproducing version of the plant in nature, a patent will not be granted. However, a patent will be granted if the only previous version was a spontaneous, one-time aberration incapable of reproducing. For example, imagine someone discovers and asexually reproduces a seedless fig plant. Even though the seedless fig plant existed in nature, it was not capable of reproducing. Therefore, the plant is novel and would qualify for patent protection. To be distinctive, the plant must have characteristics that make it distinguishable from other varieties.

Jazz, good for wheat, wine, and weed. :bongrip:

“The results showed that use of 100 μM methyl jasmonate increase growth period and a number of days until plant physiological maturity. Under drought stress conditions, the number of grains per spike, weight of one thousand seed, grain yield, and harvest index are decreased in every two years of experiment. Also, using 100 μM methyl jasmonate lead to increase these traits by 22.2, 14.4, 8.5, and 11.4%, respectively in Pishtaz cultivar, and 10.3, 10.7, 8.5, and 11.2%, respectively in the Sirvan cultivar compared to the control group. The highest water productivity at each of the three levels of irrigation was related to the concentration of 100 μM methyl jasmonate. According to the results, although drought stress reduced yield and its components, methyl jasmonate was able to compensate somewhat (10%) for the reduced yield due to drought stress. The irrigation cut off at the grain milking stage can be beneficial with increasing water productivity in managing this valuable resource. Also, the use of 100 μM jasmonate in these conditions is recommended as a practical way to increase tolerance to drought stress conditions and improve the growth and yield of wheat.”

“Over the last few years, considerable attention has been paid to the application of elicitors to vineyard. However, research about the effect of elicitors on grape amino acid content is scarce. Therefore, the aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of foliar application of methyl jasmonate on must amino acid content. Results revealed that total amino acid content was not modified by the application of methyl jasmonate. However, the individual content of certain amino acids was increased as consequence of methyl jasmonate foliar application, i.e., histidine, serine, tryptophan, phenylalanine, tyrosine, asparagine, methionine, and lysine. Among them, phenylalanine content was considerably increased; this amino acid is precursor of phenolic and aromatic compounds. In conclusion, foliar application of methyl jasmonate improved must nitrogen composition. This finding suggests that methyl jasmonate treatment might be conducive to obtain wines of higher quality since must amino acid composition could affect the wine volatile composition and the fermentation kinetics.”

Since these early days of JA research, there has been arapid increase in publications dealing with JA-related aspects (see re-view in[1]), preferentially in aspects of biosynthesis, accumulation andbiotechnological application of secondary compounds. Nearly all bio-synthetic pathways leading to secondary metabolites, such as antho-cyanins, nicotine, terpenoid indole alkaloids (TIA), glucosinolates (GS),benzophenanthridine alkaloids orflavonoids, were found to be inducedby applied JA or processes triggering an endogenous increase in JA.Pathway analysis was carried out by cloning involved genes, includinganalysis of the corresponding promoters, and studying regulatory as-pects, involved transcription factors (TFs), as well as cell and tissue-specificity . This research has been extensively reviewed, e.g.,[4–7]including aspects of jasmonates[8–11] or synthetic biology[12].In the following text, we briefly review the formation of a fewsecondary metabolites, such as anthocyanin, nicotine, TIA, artemisininand GS, with an emphasis on the role of JA, describe the TFs involvedand discuss some applied aspects using artemisinin as an example.Secondary metabolites are formed using primary metabolites asbuilding blocks. Thus, the role of JA is discussed in terms of (i) JAperception and the core signaling complex, (ii) its role in reprogram-ming primary metabolism, and (iii) its role in the synthesis of secondarymetabolites. Usually, these signaling cascades occur in a tissue- andcell-specific manner because some secondary metabolites are formedexclusively in specialized cells, such as trichomes, or under specificconditions of growth in cell suspension cultures. The following reviewwill be a brief overview for some JA-inducible secondary compounds.Owing to space limitations, only key references are included in thisbrief

Rambling thoughts; :bongrip:
The links between JA signaling pathways include promoting extended vegetative growth, delaying leaf senescence, and extending the flowering period of plants do not sound attractive to us. Or do they? What if we could grow benefitting from all three of these JA signals? During extended veg we get big below and above the medium surface. Then, while delaying senescence our foliar mass continues to provide solar panels required in photosynthesis that will give her the energy when extended flowering synthesizes abnormally high concentrations of THC and CBD of course.

Back
Top Bottom