Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Nothing sneaky about it but rather than highjack this fine thread maybe you should start your own journal and ask for help there.
He does have his own journal and hes asked in a separate thread.
I dont agree with the highjacking.
But he IS using his other resources.

This wasnt my intention when pointing out that people need to digest their literature a little more. Not specifically him either.

Now lets all light a joint blunt bowl or bong and get back to this AG!

Fanleaf you are the most minunderstood member i have ever seen while browsing the forums.
You have so much strength and patience.

I really hate to come off as rude or however you want to label it.

But whats the point of people typing, if people dont read it and digest it.

Im sorry i just hate to see my feed lit up only to check it and see a question that was literally just addressed in the last post

Thats twice in the last 5 minutes fanleaf!

Hey there. Not just internet talk but a heartfelt thank you for those kind words. That was very much appreciated. Sincerely!

To be real honest Im not above anyone else in the patience department LOL. But to me this is probably the most special grow I may ever do and I really want to be able to share it with every single person that wants to be a part of it with me so I don't want to say anything to make anyone feel like they can't be a part of it or join in with anything that they have to say. I'm trying to be really careful about that.
If you have seen some of my posts along this forum over time you probably already know that there are a few moments from time to time when I have spoken my mind very bluntly when I have strong feelings about something. Not that I am always right or that I am a master grower but I have picked up a few things along the way and try to do my best to help people simply because I remember well what it was like to need the help.

To me it is an honor to be able to give Sound Advice to others who need it and try to help others figure things out even when I'm not sure. It truly is an honor to be a part of this forum and also have some of you that have followed my posts in the past.

Besides I don't need to get attitude or do much moderating maybe a better word with anyone in this thread because you guys are doing a fantastic job doing it for me lmao.
Thank all of you that are here. Everyone is welcome but like mentioned if anyone has any questions please read the journal and make sure that I haven't answered them several times already. Because loke you lootz, whenever my phone dings I try to check it out and be on top of any questions are new people that have joined as well.

Lets have fun all.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

And fanleaf you are a very knowledgable grower thats why I value your advice.
Im sorry if it seemed like a hijacking beaverisland but in my defense I did ask him if he could help and he told me to post. So sorry if I was just defensive that comment just kind of took me off guard.
But I feel the same as in this is a very interesting journal and im sure alot are interested in.
Once again fanleaf sorry if I was over zealous in looking for help from a trusted source but you know how it is when something goes wrong with our babies.
My apologies

And fanleaf you are a very knowledgable grower thats why I value your advice.
Im sorry if it seemed like a hijacking beaverisland but in my defense I did ask him if he could help and he told me to post. So sorry if I was just defensive that comment just kind of took me off guard.
But I feel the same as in this is a very interesting journal and im sure alot are interested in.
Once again fanleaf sorry if I was over zealous in looking for help from a trusted source but you know how it is when something goes wrong with our babies.
My apologies

I havent looked at your journal yet but I dont think you have much to worry about there. Looks a little hot on Nitrogen but Ill head over to your journal so I can see more details on the vein yellowing. .

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Okay so I went and looked at our seed sprouts and I was a little bit disappointed because no more have sprouted a Tap Root yet and the one that did the tale hasn't gotten any longer since yesterday. That's not a good sign.
420-magazine-mobile12129510.jpg

As you can see even the one with the Taproot hasn't progressed any further and usually after a day with a Tiny Tap Root sticking out there will at least be a quarter inch. That being said I decided probably the best thing to do 2 maybe stimulate some Tap Root growth is to go ahead and attempt to plant that seed. So I got my Pro mix pre wet in the Solo Cup made a tiny divot in the soil and sprinkled it with some rooting hormone. It's Doc's roots and I think it's mostly minerals that stimulate root growth. I do know that it's great stuff. So I sprinkled that around the hole and went ahead and placed the seed in and covered it about a quarter inch and went ahead and placed it in the tent with the lights on to warm the Pro mix up a little bit.
420-magazine-mobile432311278.jpg

We will give the other too a little more time to see if they will do anything. But in the meantime I selected one more seed that to me appears that it will be a female if it sprouts.
420-magazine-mobile202423809.jpg

Just so everyone is up to Snuff now we have the seed that sprouted a Tiny Tap Root in the tent in a Solo cup of soil and we also have the other two seeds that have not cracked yet and one additional seat I selected in a separate paper towel as well. I'm keeping all of it in the tent just to keep the temperature up with the lights on.
420-magazine-mobile2116050710.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1517930663.jpg

On the left of the Solo Cup is the new seed in the center is the planted one that I have slight hope for and on the right are the other two seeds that have not cracked yet.

That led in the picture is the very first led I ever bought LOL. It served me real well but I haven't used it in quite a long time. My new Cree cob chips for a panel for this tent are on backorder from Cutter. I've got plenty other bigger LEDs so we wont be hurting for light but I can't wait till the new chips come in because honestly I cannot stand these purple LEDs after using the COBs.

That led in the picture is the very first led I ever bought LOL. It served me real well but I haven't used it in quite a long time. My new Cree cob chips for a panel for this tent are on backorder from Cutter. I've got plenty other bigger LEDs so we wont be hurting for light but I can't wait till the new chips come in because honestly I cannot stand these purple LEDs after using the COBs.

Yea im excited for the cob as well
are you going to be documenting the build of the 4 chip build here as well or in a separate thread?
I dont want to miss a single step!

Yea im excited for the cob as well
are you going to be documenting the build of the 4 chip build here as well or in a separate thread?
I dont want to miss a single step!

Probably but Ill do it in the thread I have in my signature where I did my 42 cob build.

Hi PrincessFiona :ciao:
Good Question

It is a bit of a long story to re type but I found the post about it.

Try this link for the story

post # 8 is the explanation....

Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

No Truer words Fan.

Yes i read this too lol but what i dont get is, was that the only strain going in 1973, and coincidently yes there was other stuff with the box but who knows how long they av bin there to be 100% positive of strain? Is there a way to know its defo this strain when its grown or somethin? Do u get me now?

Yes i read this too lol but what i dont get is, was that the only strain going in 1973, and coincidently yes there was other stuff with the box but who knows how long they av bin there to be 100% positive of strain? Is there a way to know its defo this strain when its grown or somethin? Do u get me now?

Oh yeah sure. Good question. I see.
Seems like a reasonable conclusion from what fan said, I would bet maybe fan has other reason for believing it is AG.
I dunno? No worries. Still a cool grow of old seeds.

Great update! Even with the radicle remaining a little stagnant, I'm sure it'll take off! I never would have thought to use rooting powder in germination.... How often do you emply this technique? Good results?

Back
Top Bottom