Farside05's OG Kush & Sour Diesel Photo Grow

Whats your lights in there, 4x 150's?

4 of the old style Mars Hydro 300 watt (actual draw 140 watt each). So 560 watt actual draw between all of them. My first two grows I only had 2 and I didn't feel I had enough coverage. One per plant seems to work out pretty good and allows me to adjust each according to the height of the plant under it when growing different strains.

Day 61/ 26th Day of Bloom

Wow, just F'N Wow! I must have sat with my nose in SD #1's buds for 30 minutes. Whatever the funky smell was that I couldn't describe has now turned to a smell of lemon zest. I want to eat her and SD #2 NOW! I am super impressed with this grow and if the quality of the smoke comes close to the look and smell of the plants, I will be a happy camper. The two OG Kushes are showing a bit of sugar on their leafs and I don't see that yet from the Sour D. But then again the OG is supposed to finish up to 2 weeks sooner. Won't know how well these will work on the wife's medical conditions until harvest time, but they would be at the top of my short list to grow again just based on appearance and smell alone. It's no wonder that these are two of the most popular strains out there.

Below are pics of the girls, plus one closer shot of SD #1's mutant foliage. She still throws an odd leaf every now and again. The color on one half of the leaf will be different than the other half, and the odd side also has a smooth edge. Mutant or not, if i were mothering a plant, it would be her. She's still my personal favorite (by looks and smell) in my tent. OG #2 still appears more Sativa than Indica with her narrow leafs.

Sour D #1
SD116.JPG

Sour D #1's Mutant Foliage
SD1_Mutant.JPG

Sour D #2
SD217.JPG

OG Kush #1
OG148.JPG

OG Kush #2
OG238.JPG

Tentmates
Group186.JPG

They all look awsome:)

Thanks BT, I'm mighty proud of this batch. I feel like I finally have things dialed in on this grow. Took 4 tries but I've learned a lot and think I have a pretty solid feeding schedule now. First grow I under fed and underwatered, Second grow wasn't too bad. Third grow I had a PH pen go off calibration and was off by .5. That cost me in the end results. Now it all seems to have come together.

Day 64/ Day 29 of Bloom

Fed the girls this AM at lights out. 1 tsp Foliage Pro and upped the Pro Tekt to 1/2 tsp. PH came in right around 6.5 whereas it was closer to 6.25 with the 1/4 tsp of Pro Tekt. PPM in the 420 range, so .84 EC. Smell from the Sour D is intensifying more while the OG still seems very neutral to me.

Have a USB Microscope that should be showing up this AM. Excited to play with it. Hopefully it will let me see the trichomes easier. I have a jewler's loop and handheld mini microscope, but the loop isn't as powerful as I'd like and the mini scope is a pain to focus and tough for me to use with my bad eyes. Interested to see what kind of macro photos it can produce. I'll post some shots up later of some of the bud from earlier grows if they come out decent.

Just thought I'd share some images from the new toy, a cheap Digital microscope. I'm sure come harvest time they'll be even frostier since there's probably another 4-6 weeks until harvest based on breeders specs. These are from OG Kush #2.

SingleShot00021.jpg

SingleShot00003.jpg

SingleShot00012.jpg

Nice photos Farside... How'd you find the time :rofl:

Nice photos Farside... How'd you find the time :rofl:

Actually getting the stupid thing set up took me forever. Spent probably 5 hours messing with it instead of sleeping. I'm running Windows 10 and the included software and driver greyed out all the fine adjustments (gamma, brightness, contrast, hue, etc.). Then the stuff wouldn't fully uninstall. Had to do a system restore, let Windows use its own default driver, then go hunt down some different software since the driver and software are bundled in one install program. I guess that's what you get when you buy a $12 microscope. The more reputable places might have a better install disk, but they charge 4x more for the same hardware, and I'm cheap.

That's why I have none of that.. Wouldn't know how to set it up. Lucky you know what it's all about..

Day 67/Day 32 of Bloom

Pulled out the girls for their drink today. Same old same old. Clean up a few lower spent leafs adjust a pipe cleaner or two. Fed 1 tsp Foliage Pro and 1/2 tsp Pro Tekt, and everyone got their own gallon. As you can see, OG 2 is kind of a sprawling mess. I let her go longer before training than the others and it shows. Her center never really caught up to the outside branches. However, on a good note, all of her outside branches look like they are going to be excellent producers. She may put out the most weight of all of them. I did decide to change her position in the tent. I put her in the back corner where OG 1 was hanging out. I decided OG 1 was too pretty to keep stuck in a corner, splitting some space with the tower fan. I was able to spread OG 1 out a little more by moving her, and hoping some reinforcement from the wall will bring OG 2 into a more eye appealing shape. All the plants are a little squarish due to being crowded in my small tent, but that's just gonna have to be what it is.

Sour D 1
SD218.JPG

Sour D 2
SD117.JPG

OG 1
OG149.JPG

OG 2
OG239.JPG

Pretty little maidens all in a row, or should I say crammed in a tent
Group188.JPG

Yes yes yes... Man they look good..note to self; no more updates until farsides sour d is finishedplus reps mate..

Great photos also...

note to self; no more updates until farsides sour d is finished

Thanks for the kind words Grizz, but how come why not?

It sure is gonna be a long 30+ days till they finish. I'm so anxious about this batch. It's the "fun" stuff. Next grow will be all high CBD strains. Might have to be stingy on the freebies I dole out of these. I'm like Santa Claus with the herb. I don't sell it and mainly its just the wife that uses it. I may partake once a month. So a couple friends have gotten about 6 oz from the previous harvests. They may get some more of the older stuff, but I have a feeling they'll only get trial sizes of the OG and Sour D.

Because they are putting me to shame :rofl: Yeah, don't be handing out any of that. You can always keep it curing..

Because they are putting me to shame :rofl: Yeah, don't be handing out any of that. You can always keep it curing..

I don't have a POTM (serious contender for POTY when time comes) under my name, so I think you're safe.

One of the people I gift bud to likes to make butter (and then cookies) with it. She smokes plenty too, but I don't think I want to see this end up as baked goods. I'll throw all the bottom stuff her way for making butter, but top colas better not end up a brownie or she's cut off.

MagicJim, I see it says your in Eastern NC. Too bad it's not Western NC or maybe we could hook up some time and have a sampling party. SE TN here.

I'm like Santa Claus with the herb. I don't sell it and mainly its just the wife that uses it. I may partake once a month.

Ordered the wife a DaVinci vape and it just got delivered. Perhaps later will be my "once a month" to partake. :yahoo:

Either the new vape puts out a lot more vapor or the Cream Caramel is some potent stuff. I hadn't tried her yet. 1 hit from the vape and I am comfortable. If I would have had a 2nd I probably would have been baked. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom