Weed So Easy A Child Can Do It? By Farside05 & Son - OG, Sour D & White Widow

Today's picture of these boring ass plants. Surprised that the bottom leaves are still so green. I would have expected a little yellowing by now just from lack of light since the vegetation is so thick. Bud pic is from some nearly 2 year old Trainwreck that's been sitting in a jar. She was breakfast. Not sure why she's been left to linger so long. Just got back into the jar a week ago and she doesn't fail to deliver.

IMG_20180124_174227.jpg

IMG_20180124_065930.jpg
Looks killer that is a real jungle in there . That is some mighty fine bud you have there. What is the smoke like . This is what I am smoking on. 3 pics of the same bud . Killer smoke And sticky asf. With no real cure . Paper bag dried and the taste isn't hay. All the flavours and smells remain.
fb01504a1a53a6d81ef3e68346c2296f.jpg
c573d539ecd918860d21cf6b101602ad.jpg
27ee5f9c504ac46e6f039b8e7d378329.jpg

That is some mighty fine bud you have there. What is the smoke like.

It's not heavy, the flavor doesn't linger on the tongue too long after smoking it. Probably more lemony than anything. Always claimed the nugs smell like Iced Tea with Lemon or an Arnold Palmer so that makes sense. The effect leans more towards the cerebral side than body but it does seem to do a good job killing pain (I recently messed up my shoulder). Although relaxed you're not glued to the couch or bed and I'm able to stay awake through the whole ride.

I've been sitting on a bottle of 190 proof alcohol for a while now. The plan was to make some concentrated oil from it. Well this morning I'm finally getting around to it. 2.5 oz of Painkiller XL and Northern Lights (mostly Painkiller) are in decarboxolating now. I'll throw that and 750ml of 190 proof in the butter machine for 8 hours on the lowest setting. After that I'll reduce it down to oil. Here's to hoping it turns out well.

Why boring ass plants? One of those days or they not doing it for you? Looking good...

Just got used to the speed of autos. We'd be close to cropping out vs another 6 weeks or so left to go. They look fine, and OG has rounded the corner and doesn't look like a POS anymore so we should get a decent yield from her after all.

Just finished with making the concentrated oil. Probably cooked it down too far. It's supposed to be the consistency of warm maple syrup and it turned out more like roofing asphalt. I added back a bit of 190 proof to thin it. It is very oily and sticky. Proof will be later when I sample some. I dare not try it now since I'm taking the wife to dinner in a few.

Messed up this AM. I picked up White Widow by the edge of the pot to see how dry it was. Must have grabbed it near the tie down for one of the top branches and split the stem from too much pressure. I taped it back up. Will see if it heals enough or if that stem is a goner.

Taped up together, It'll be right :thumb: :passitleft:

The job foreman (me) had to cone down hard on the hired help (son) this morning. He hadn't been checking in on the plants. I told him yesterday afternoon that they needed watered and he said he'd do it when he got home rather than doing it before he left. Well I came home this morning and found he didn't do it when he got home either since it was around midnight. Of course all the plants were bone dry with the White Widow just starting to wilt a bit. I flipped on his bedroom light and yelled at him to get up. Afterwards they got fed 2 gallons each (1 tsp Foliage Pro, 3/4 tsp Pro Tekt, 1/4 tsp Mag Pro, 1/4 tsp pH down to get it to 6.5).

So far so good with the taped up split stem. It's not looking wilted so liquid must still be flowing up it.

IMG_20180129_075640.jpg

Knowing it will take a couple weeks for delivery, I ordered up some seeds for the next grow already. Ice Cool (Sweet Seeds) because it's the wife's favorite to date and we are almost out, Blueberry Kush (Nirvana), Purple Kush (Buddha), and Fruit Punch (Heavyweight). All are autos. Won't have time for a photo grow before our vacation this summer and there is no one else who knows about/can tend to them while we are gone. Had plenty of left over autos I could have grown but no Ice Cool. As long as I was ordering I thought I'd pick up some others I was interested in.

Actually took the time to take them out of the tent for a photo today. That ugly OG that I thought I was going to have to cull is now the biggest plant in the tent.

Sour D
IMG_20180201_072955.jpg

White Widow
IMG_20180201_073115.jpg

OG
IMG_20180201_073202.jpg

Group
IMG_20180201_073421.jpg

My free samples from Botanicare came in today. Yeah for free stuff! I may run a comparison between it and Dyna Grow on my next grow or I may go a whole new route. I'm interested in trying MSU's Orchid Fertilizer on cannabis. I like the N-P-K ratio and it's a 1 part fast desolving powder. Has a bit more calcium and magnesium than my current mix. Not that I have deficiency issues with either currently.

IMG_20180207_170448.jpg

Did some gardening this AM. Readjusted some ties, plucked some more leafs. This OG is definitely different. Last time I grew it the smell was like a spring rain in the forest. This is a different pheno by far. She smells very sweet and a hint of tropical fruits. Looking on Leafly and the different strains/offshoots/phenos of OG, She might tend to lean towards Ghost OG which lists its odor as citrus, sweet, and woody. Mine has very few leafs and what she has are thin, leaning more sativa than indica. She should be a snap to manicure when finished. The Sour D is as expected, lemons and fuel. She got a good plucking and spread out some more. White Widow, I plucked quite a bit bit she still looks dense. I wish I could spread her out more but I snapped her before and taped her up, and I see another spot lower down where she has healed from a fracture too. She seems more inflexible than her sisters and I don't want to risk any more damage at this point in the game. She was probably the stickiest out of the group at this point with a sharp but not unpleasant tickle to the nose.

Mail tracking says my seed order for the next grow made it through customs. Yeah! Excited to get this batch finished and the next one under way. Not that I don't love these girls and the gifts they will give, I just have a hint of A.D.D. and like new toys.

Finally put my finger on OG's smell. It's cantaloupe aka honeydew melon!

Some pics:

OG
IMG_20180215_135036.jpg

Sour D
IMG_20180215_135719.jpg

White Widow
IMG_20180215_135801.jpg

Group
IMG_20180215_140218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom