Fastbuds strains

politoed

hey all, i have an order of fastbuds seeds on the way. was wondering what the general consensus is regarding this breeder and if anyone has used them around these parts?

im waiting on
auto feminized versions of
OG Kush
Grapefruit
Cream Cookies

super excited to grow these out. i plan on doing them in hempy buckets too.. 4 plants in a 4x4 tent. would love to know more about these types of plants.

Brilliant choice of auto breeder. In my opinion the best so far for autos. I grew a 1st auto grow of their seeds my last run after years of growing photoperiods and I got over 40oz from 12 plants. They make excellent genetics and grow so well.
A few helpful pointers are
Once germinated and ready to plant , go straight into the final pot , dont try to use the up potting method as autos hate being disturbed. Their roots grow so fast because of their ruderalis genetics to induce the auto element. The fine hairs on the roots will be damaged by up potting and there is not ample recovery time for them due to the clock ticking on their flowering cycle.
They will not need feeding nutrients until you get roughly 3-4 real sets of paired leaves( nodes) . So just water with water that has been ph'ed depending on the mediums your using .Soil ph 6.0-6.2 , Coco ph 5.8-6.0 , Dwc between 5.8-6.2. This will allow the roots to uptake any available nutrients( trace elements) and keep them open.
Once feeding them starts initially , it is commonplace to feed at less strength in dwc than is on the bottles. Autos also do not seem to feed as heavily as photoperiods but this is something g you can see as the plant grows and adjust as needed.
Autos also grow very very fast but you only have approx 5 weeks maximum before they kick into flowering mode . This means anythi g done to the plant needs to be in ti e with the flowering starting. They recover a little quicker than photoperiods BUT you have to train fairly soon after their 5th set of real leaves spread out if you plan any topping or expected bending\supercropping. They deal with lower stress training very well and you can stake them out to the pots edges to encourage a wider and more even flowering canopy. There are some great training threads here on 420 and one I use is quadlining. thread is below in my signature( in green links) along with my Fast buds auto grow journal . I am also currently testing some new strains for fast buds that will be released later this year. They are photoperiod but fast flowering instead of autos. They are doing very good and a winner in my book now. They wont release the strain names to me yet as they are keeping very tight lipped about the. due to competition ect... but come and take a look at my current grow too for an idea of how these grow.
If you start a journal and add @Ganjagrandaddy to a post I can happily ride along with you and alert any members who might helping we need it .
Good luck and a brilliant choice to start your journey. Ideal 1st grow genetics.

Brilliant choice of auto breeder. In my opinion the best so far for autos. I grew a 1st auto grow of their seeds my last run after years of growing photoperiods and I got over 40oz from 12 plants. They make excellent genetics and grow so well.
A few helpful pointers are
Once germinated and ready to plant , go straight into the final pot , dont try to use the up potting method as autos hate being disturbed. Their roots grow so fast because of their ruderalis genetics to induce the auto element. The fine hairs on the roots will be damaged by up potting and there is not ample recovery time for them due to the clock ticking on their flowering cycle.
They will not need feeding nutrients until you get roughly 3-4 real sets of paired leaves( nodes) . So just water with water that has been ph'ed depending on the mediums your using .Soil ph 6.0-6.2 , Coco ph 5.8-6.0 , Dwc between 5.8-6.2. This will allow the roots to uptake any available nutrients( trace elements) and keep them open.
Once feeding them starts initially , it is commonplace to feed at less strength in dwc than is on the bottles. Autos also do not seem to feed as heavily as photoperiods but this is something g you can see as the plant grows and adjust as needed.
Autos also grow very very fast but you only have approx 5 weeks maximum before they kick into flowering mode . This means anythi g done to the plant needs to be in ti e with the flowering starting. They recover a little quicker than photoperiods BUT you have to train fairly soon after their 5th set of real leaves spread out if you plan any topping or expected bending\supercropping. They deal with lower stress training very well and you can stake them out to the pots edges to encourage a wider and more even flowering canopy. There are some great training threads here on 420 and one I use is quadlining. thread is below in my signature( in green links) along with my Fast buds auto grow journal . I am also currently testing some new strains for fast buds that will be released later this year. They are photoperiod but fast flowering instead of autos. They are doing very good and a winner in my book now. They wont release the strain names to me yet as they are keeping very tight lipped about the. due to competition ect... but come and take a look at my current grow too for an idea of how these grow.
If you start a journal and add @Ganjagrandaddy to a post I can happily ride along with you and alert any members who might helping we need it .
Good luck and a brilliant choice to start your journey. Ideal 1st grow genetics.

thanks for the huge, well thought out response!

ive grown photos indoors 3 times. the first 2 were 13 years ago, the last time was 8 years ago. things have changed so much! everyones using LEDs now, autoflowers dont suck, people are washing their plants after they cut them? what a world to be living in.

im looking to do them in hempy buckets, probably 75/25 perlite/vermiculite, might go a little heavier on the perlite tho. i heard that you should only top the autos by like day 14, but only if theyve developed more than 4 nodes? was curious about quadlining as ive tried mixes of topping and LST in the past. if it is safe to quadline these autos, that is definitely the plan.

i will certainly tag you once i start my journal!

thanks for the huge, well thought out response!

ive grown photos indoors 3 times. the first 2 were 13 years ago, the last time was 8 years ago. things have changed so much! everyones using LEDs now, autoflowers dont suck, people are washing their plants after they cut them? what a world to be living in.

im looking to do them in hempy buckets, probably 75/25 perlite/vermiculite, might go a little heavier on the perlite tho. i heard that you should only top the autos by like day 14, but only if theyve developed more than 4 nodes? was curious about quadlining as ive tried mixes of topping and LST in the past. if it is safe to quadline these autos, that is definitely the plan.

i will certainly tag you once i start my journal!
thanks. The quadlining is a perfect training method for auto in my opinion. With very little actual damage being done as they are shaped , they dont need recovery time at all. topping can be done with plenty of time if only 1 time. Thankfully your previous exp will come in very useful as they dont grow too different once flowering starts. can stretch a little longer but only because they do tend to keep their ruderalis influence there. You can also use the quad and not top the plant at all but continuously keep the main 5th node , lower than the upcoming 3rd and 4th nodes used for the quads. It gives a very good amount of mains to work with as you re apply ties and shape them but also give 1(5th node) a huge bonus boost on girth but still evenly distributed the feeds to all of the final tops you choose to develop on. If you click on the link here The Quadsquad Thread, A Community For Quadlining
It will take you to the quad thread. It is a huge thread now but dont be put off as the main info we need is on asinos first few pages. It is a brilliant step by step guide and also a great place to post as you go if you need any tips , tricks or to get a general opinion of how its progressing too. It is only 1 of many methods you see on here but I live it and use it most grows now. height is always an issue in my loft so it keeps my canopy managable. Your welcome to jump in my journal to join the fun as it goes on . it will hopefully give you an idea how it can fit with your space\needs ect. GanjaGrandaddy Grows Great Ganja, Sometimes! always room for more guests and members. Tou will be amazed at how quickly the autos grow compared to photoperiods. can be a bit of a shock tbh. lol good luck

Back
Top Bottom