Stonecrusher's Garage: Gorilla Cookies Auto And Purple Banana Punch Auto

Good morning friends. It is day 54 for the Gorilla Cookies and Purple Banana Punch. I'm looking out at snow on the ground today, and the garage is a little cold. But in the 2x4 everything is holding just right. 70*, 50% humidity. On colder days I try to "batch" my efforts in the tent, that is, I get everything ready before opening the tent, then I try to be efficient with the plant tending. The goal is to keep the environment from getting to cold and dry. But dang I just want to hang out with the plants right now.
They are looking great and stacking on like firecrackers! The smells in the tent are bright and loud! Banana Purple Punch may be my favorite plant ever with thick beautiful buds in black/purple and bright white pistls. And the smell is off the charts, bananas and berries with a skunk/gas undertone. She never got too tall but she is making up for it in dense, fat, buds.
The Gorilla Cookies are starting to thicken up. They had longish legs with more spread out bud sites. They are now growing together and starting to become much more dense. Were on schedule for a nice harvest in a two to three weeks. If last week was an indication, we should be putting on some weight for the next phase.
Ive been messing around with the Vivosun watering system. After initial setup it seems a nice tool to have. It easily pumps the desired water and is reliable. I have decided to have it water plants at a rate of ~1 liter daily, and then I do a weekly deep water. This week I plan to improve the system by adding 2 drippers per pot so I can have 4 drippers in each and even out the distribution, avoiding dry spots. The drawback of this system is that when you want to add to it there are no parts available from Vivosun. So you get the whole system for 49$, but parts are not found in normal garden stores. I found parts online, but most are sold in bags of 20-50 pcs when I need like 2-3 pcs. So you spend another $50 to get up and running. I now believe I could have built a drip system from standard garden store parts for less with better customization. Either way I love the security of watering on a schedule, even when I'm not home.
Finally I want to note my challenges for the week. I have said before the biggest challenge I face is to stand back and let the plants work for themselves. They were looking perfect, but I couldn't hold back from adding some "bloom booster" on top of the Grow Dots and Recharge they have been living on. So I mixed up some Organics Terp Tea Bloom with a little extra "booster" for good measure. I watered deeply as the plants were light. Now, for the first time Im seeing some very faint "rust spots" on the leaves. DANG! I should have just watered. There are plenty of nutes left in my 5 gal pots considering they have Grow Dots in there. In fact, this week I saw another grower growing in similar conditions, with Build A Soil light soil, who added water only for the entire grow and the plants turned out beautiful. Les is more Friends! When you all start going off on Ph and PPMs remember, It doesn't have to be hard. WE make it hard! (It wouldn't be fun if it were easy).

Family portrait day 53

Gorilla Cookies plant 1. Starting to thicken up!!

Gorilla Cookies

Banana Purple Punch

BPP

Just love this plant!

Gorilla Cookies 2. Ever since the LST this has opened up and looks like a whale carcas.

Hi
I have an idea I want to run past the panel. But even if you are not part of the panel I'd take advice. I want to try SIP next grow and I've been looking at a few ideas about how to do it. Today I kind of had a light bulb moment when I dropped a 2.5 gal pot into a 5 gal bucket. Is this a legit start to a sip? If the answer is yes, then I have a few questions. Pics below for reference.
1. Should I perforate the pot, and how large should holes be?
2. Does the fill tube need to be really tight or can there be 1-2mm play? Duct tape gasket??
3. Planning on about 1 gal reservoir, this leaves a large air space. Should I cut down the pot to make it shorter-and also more room for soil.

Bo says hi
~2.5 gal nursery pot
1,2,3!

I can't advise of the SIP design Stonecrusher. I've never built one but it looks like you're headed in the right direction.

But Bo looks like he's seen one too many weed projects. He clearly ain't impressed! 😁

I can't advise of the SIP design Stonecrusher. I've never built one but it looks like you're headed in the right direction.

But Bo looks like he's seen one too many weed projects. He clearly ain't impressed! 😁
Im kinda gald Bo cant tell all the shit he sees around here!

Good morning friends. It is day 54 for the Gorilla Cookies and Purple Banana Punch. I'm looking out at snow on the ground today, and the garage is a little cold. But in the 2x4 everything is holding just right. 70*, 50% humidity. On colder days I try to "batch" my efforts in the tent, that is, I get everything ready before opening the tent, then I try to be efficient with the plant tending. The goal is to keep the environment from getting to cold and dry. But dang I just want to hang out with the plants right now.
They are looking great and stacking on like firecrackers! The smells in the tent are bright and loud! Banana Purple Punch may be my favorite plant ever with thick beautiful buds in black/purple and bright white pistls. And the smell is off the charts, bananas and berries with a skunk/gas undertone. She never got too tall but she is making up for it in dense, fat, buds.
The Gorilla Cookies are starting to thicken up. They had longish legs with more spread out bud sites. They are now growing together and starting to become much more dense. Were on schedule for a nice harvest in a two to three weeks. If last week was an indication, we should be putting on some weight for the next phase.
Ive been messing around with the Vivosun watering system. After initial setup it seems a nice tool to have. It easily pumps the desired water and is reliable. I have decided to have it water plants at a rate of ~1 liter daily, and then I do a weekly deep water. This week I plan to improve the system by adding 2 drippers per pot so I can have 4 drippers in each and even out the distribution, avoiding dry spots. The drawback of this system is that when you want to add to it there are no parts available from Vivosun. So you get the whole system for 49$, but parts are not found in normal garden stores. I found parts online, but most are sold in bags of 20-50 pcs when I need like 2-3 pcs. So you spend another $50 to get up and running. I now believe I could have built a drip system from standard garden store parts for less with better customization. Either way I love the security of watering on a schedule, even when I'm not home.
Finally I want to note my challenges for the week. I have said before the biggest challenge I face is to stand back and let the plants work for themselves. They were looking perfect, but I couldn't hold back from adding some "bloom booster" on top of the Grow Dots and Recharge they have been living on. So I mixed up some Organics Terp Tea Bloom with a little extra "booster" for good measure. I watered deeply as the plants were light. Now, for the first time Im seeing some very faint "rust spots" on the leaves. DANG! I should have just watered. There are plenty of nutes left in my 5 gal pots considering they have Grow Dots in there. In fact, this week I saw another grower growing in similar conditions, with Build A Soil light soil, who added water only for the entire grow and the plants turned out beautiful. Les is more Friends! When you all start going off on Ph and PPMs remember, It doesn't have to be hard. WE make it hard! (It wouldn't be fun if it were easy).

Family portrait day 53

Gorilla Cookies plant 1. Starting to thicken up!!

Gorilla Cookies

Banana Purple Punch

BPP

Just love this plant!

Gorilla Cookies 2. Ever since the LST this has opened up and looks like a whale carcas.
Beautiful whale carcass @Stonecrusher

Hi
I have an idea I want to run past the panel. But even if you are not part of the panel I'd take advice. I want to try SIP next grow and I've been looking at a few ideas about how to do it. Today I kind of had a light bulb moment when I dropped a 2.5 gal pot into a 5 gal bucket. Is this a legit start to a sip? If the answer is yes, then I have a few questions. Pics below for reference.
1. Should I perforate the pot, and how large should holes be?
2. Does the fill tube need to be really tight or can there be 1-2mm play? Duct tape gasket??
3. Planning on about 1 gal reservoir, this leaves a large air space. Should I cut down the pot to make it shorter-and also more room for soil.

Bo says hi
~2.5 gal nursery pot
1,2,3!
You should post this on the SIP thread if you haven't already. Lots of great advice here SIP Club. Tons of home built SIP's.

One thing that has happened since I started journaling here is I have become more ambitious about growing. I used to be happy with a summer garden, after a few years I bought a little light for sprouting and propagation. Two seasons ago I bought a tent and a bigger light. And after seeing all the fantastic grows here I decided that I wanted to have more harvests per year and adding a little tent would allow me to get a head start with seedling and veg.
I surfed around FB marketplace for some used equipment and decided on a nice little 2x4 for $40. After setting up a meeting I purchased it in a McDonald's parking lot. The transfer went well.
I went back to work for the afternoon with the car parked in the afternoon sunshine. When I entered car to go home I smelled the unmistakable smell of cat piss, with undertones of cigarette.
Nothing against cats or cigarettes, but FTW! I don't even want it in my garage. So now it sits in the back yard. I don't know what to do with it.
I'm posting a couple of pics of the offending enclosure for your enjoyment.

Yes after a couple of days airing and washing, spraying with Febreze, anti-cat piss enzymes, and hose spray downs it still stinks.

Thanks for listening to my tent rant. On to better things. I ordered a nice 3x3!! New.

Today is day 60 of my autoflower grow!

Ive stuck with plain water and a little molasses and microrhizae (Recharge). The one time I added nutes the plant got a few "rusty leaves" and so I stopped. They recovered.

I am really pleased with how the plants are filling out and also anticipating that I have another 10-20 days for them to just get heavier and denser.

Ive seen a couple of instances of the Gorilla Cookies getting really large. Mine are not as tall as Id like and I attribute it to the transplant. I think I am still overwatering the soil early on. My next grow will be in SIPs Ive been working on so I hope to get the watering piece dialed.

One thing that has happened since I started journaling here is I have become more ambitious about growing. I used to be happy with a summer garden, after a few years I bought a little light for sprouting and propagation. Two seasons ago I bought a tent and a bigger light. And after seeing all the fantastic grows here I decided that I wanted to have more harvests per year and adding a little tent would allow me to get a head start with seedling and veg.
I surfed around FB marketplace for some used equipment and decided on a nice little 2x4 for $40. After setting up a meeting I purchased it in a McDonald's parking lot. The transfer went well.
I went back to work for the afternoon with the car parked in the afternoon sunshine. When I entered car to go home I smelled the unmistakable smell of cat piss, with undertones of cigarette.
Nothing against cats or cigarettes, but FTW! I don't even want it in my garage. So now it sits in the back yard. I don't know what to do with it.
I'm posting a couple of pics of the offending enclosure for your enjoyment.

Yes after a couple of days airing and washing, spraying with Febreze, anti-cat piss enzymes, and hose spray downs it still stinks.
That's f*ed up. Those people are so wrong. Piss n cigarettes..
Have you sprayed it with vinegar, front back or better yet soak it in a plastic tub of vinegar and maybe a bit of water.. that vinegar will react as a chemical reaction just a heads up do this outside where there's air. Cuz it's almost like idk chemical reaction stuff.. dangerous to a degree.. just a small caliber.. let it sit a bit so it can clean the pores of the tent and then hose it out good 👍
Usually the vinegar will definitely clean the piss and cig out.

Thanks for listening to my tent rant. On to better things. I ordered a nice 3x3!! New.

Today is day 60 of my autoflower grow!

Ive stuck with plain water and a little molasses and microrhizae (Recharge). The one time I added nutes the plant got a few "rusty leaves" and so I stopped. They recovered.

I am really pleased with how the plants are filling out and also anticipating that I have another 10-20 days for them to just get heavier and denser.

Ive seen a couple of instances of the Gorilla Cookies getting really large. Mine are not as tall as Id like and I attribute it to the transplant. I think I am still overwatering the soil early on. My next grow will be in SIPs Ive been working on so I hope to get the watering piece dialed.

These look nice and chunky! Well done.:yummy:

That's f*ed up. Those people are so wrong. Piss n cigarettes..
Have you sprayed it with vinegar, front back or better yet soak it in a plastic tub of vinegar and maybe a bit of water.. that vinegar will react as a chemical reaction just a heads up do this outside where there's air. Cuz it's almost like idk chemical reaction stuff.. dangerous to a degree.. just a small caliber.. let it sit a bit so it can clean the pores of the tent and then hose it out good 👍
Usually the vinegar will definitely clean the piss and cig out.
I have nothing to loose at this point so ill try the vinegar soak when I get a moment. We use vinegar a lot around here for cleaning things.

So as I was drifting off to sleep last night I had an inspiration of sorts. We have developed strains of pot that smell like lots of shitty things. Think about it. There are strains with the smell of gas, diesel, dog shit.. Why not cat piss? Can you imagine a new strain called Feline Funk, or Cats Meow? Maybe if I grow in this tent the buds will take it on.:)

This brings up a point. Do any of you all purchase your gear used?
I live in beautiful Colorado and Craigslist and FB Marketplace are chock full of used grow gear. (If you are into HPS lamps you could outfit a warehouse for pennies)! My first setup, a 2x4 Gorilla Grow tent with a Timber COB light, 2 full AC Infinity 6# fan kits with carbon filters, a humidifier, a bunch of hydro nutes, and several clip fans, and an AC Infinity basic controller. I got the whole setup for ~$300!
There is a good size university in our town and if you time it right and wait for college move out you can get all kinds of things. There are also just a lot of folks who had the inspiration, but not the drive, who are selling after a run or two.
Used setup ready for action!

How I insulate for a cold garage.

I have nothing to loose at this point so ill try the vinegar soak when I get a moment. We use vinegar a lot around here for cleaning things.

So as I was drifting off to sleep last night I had an inspiration of sorts. We have developed strains of pot that smell like lots of shitty things. Think about it. There are strains with the smell of gas, diesel, dog shit.. Why not cat piss? Can you imagine a new strain called Feline Funk, or Cats Meow? Maybe if I grow in this tent the buds will take it on.:)
Actually I do find cat piss smelling weed is a strong hitter..
Hell yeah, you're definitely onto something!!
There's your sign.. 😆

Here is the Gorilla Cookies Auto. I was initially a little disappointed that it wasn't taller but what it lacks in height it is making up for in thick juicy citrussy buds.

I am noticing it throwing some new growth in the lower bud sites, fresh pistils and bright green leaves! I didn't know the plant would do this, but I am really excited to see how this goes.
Look at the new buds developing on lower sites!
At 60 days and growing!
New growth

Day 64 of the auto run. The plants are really setting some heavy buds now.
Interesting to note that of the 2 Gorilla Cookies plants (Left and Right plants), one is much better than the other, (Left one). Thicker buds and beautiful green leaves, and one that has seemed to lag behind and had a couple of problems resulting in some leaf issues (rust colored blotching starting from the center vein and moving toward the edges).
The middle plant, Banana Purple Punch has buds as thick as my wrist, just never stretched much. Still, Its making some incredible looking/smelling buds. After work tonight Im going to have a look at trichromes to see if were getting close.

I like the compact model in the middle SC! :Rasta:

I am prepping and planning for the summer grow. I started a few seeds which I will elaborate on in a new journal for this run. Right now I am debating a few questions and hoping to get some feedback.

Here are my outdoor pots. I have 2-20 gal, and 1-30 gal pots and have been sitting outdoors next to the house all winter since I parked them after last summer's harvest. They contain Build A Soil 3.0 mix. Im debating between making new soil or top dressing and amending the old, but leaving it in the pot.
Question:
Should I recharge the pots with a top dress of worm castings, Build A Soil Craft Blend nute pack, and compost? Or should I empty pots and re-amend soil then refill?
Im tagging a few folks who have been helpful. @InTheShed @OGpapa @Grand Daddy Black @JiggiLotus

Should I recharge the pots with a top dress of worm castings, Build A Soil Craft Blend nute pack, and compost? Or should I empty pots and re-amend soil then refill?
I'm pretty far from an organic soil grower so I'm probably not the best person to ask, but I'm of the mind to dump the pots into a tub or on a tarp, re-amend, cook, and refill. I'm sure @Keffka @Gee64 and @StoneOtter would have more informed answers though.

I agree with @InTheShed for a few reasons. You could likely get away with just top dressing, depending on how much you pulled out of the pot at harvest. However, you don’t want to find out week 3 of flower that your container ran out of gas, or run into compaction problems in the middle of stretch.

Getting the soil back out and mixed up will let you break up any compaction threats, while bringing in a bunch of healthy oxygen for the microbes. This will also help you get good organic matter back near the root zones instead of the top few layers. There’s also the possibility that the containers have leeched nutrients out during the winter. If you’ve had heavy rains that could be a real possibility.

To me, it’s worth it getting it out and mixed up and ready to go again. That way if you do run into issues you’ve already removed a bunch of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom