Stonecrusher's Garage: Gorilla Cookies Auto And Purple Banana Punch Auto

Here are a few charts I use for quick reference.

Stress can cause some issues. But I feel yours looks more nutrient related. Look at the immobile nutrient chart above.

Be sure to monitor your watering, and give them time to fully dry in between. Check emitters are saturating full areas, not just leaving wet spots in your soil, and other areas dry.

I know you mentioned you use grow dots, which one? And how long since you have last applied? How much? I don't know a lot about them. Just curious.

Screenshot_20240305_123919_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240305_123913_Chrome.jpg
Hi OGP and thanks for the information. It is hard to tell what is happening with the new leaves form the chart. There just doesn't seem to be an example that fits. The leaves that are curling are all young. From my best reckoning it could be a Zinc deficiency. The curling leaves don't turn brown, get spots, or die they just seem to mature into normal leaves, but the plant with curling leaves is going slower than the other two.
This is my first go with Grow Dots and I am learning. I am using the indoor/autoflower formula. I think they may be a little strong for young plants. I have been careful to avoid overwatering. I certainly don't have the new drip system dialed yet either. I suspect they may be leaving dry spots in the soil and I feel like I need a few more days to see if I can get the water volume where it needs to be. They drip much slower than I expected and Ive been slowly increasing the time that the pump is on as I am afraid of too much water.

Here is some more info. Never enough!

Sulfur

Sulfur is critical for maintaining the overall health, vigor, and quality of cannabis plants. Proper management of sulfur levels ensures that plants have the necessary components for strong growth and the development of desirable traits like aroma and flavor.

Deficiency Symptoms​

• Yellowing of Young Leaves: Unlike most other nutrient deficiencies, sulfur deficiency first appears on the newer, upper leaves.
  • Stunted Growth: Plants may exhibit slowed growth rates due to reduced chlorophyll production.
  • Brittle Leaves and Stems: Leaves may become brittle, and stems can be thin due to impaired protein synthesis.
  • Reduced Aroma and Potency: Lower levels of terpenes and cannabinoids can result in a less aromatic and potent harvest.

Grow dots - depending on how much you applied and how long it's been, they could be depleted. Or there could be an excess of salt in the soil from them.

The watering system I can't wait for myself. I know there is a learning. Curve. They do offer different emitters sprayers and drippers. Irrigation supply. That might allow you to dial it in! You got this!

Sulfur

Sulfur is critical for maintaining the overall health, vigor, and quality of cannabis plants. Proper management of sulfur levels ensures that plants have the necessary components for strong growth and the development of desirable traits like aroma and flavor.

Deficiency Symptoms​

• Yellowing of Young Leaves: Unlike most other nutrient deficiencies, sulfur deficiency first appears on the newer, upper leaves.
  • Stunted Growth: Plants may exhibit slowed growth rates due to reduced chlorophyll production.
  • Brittle Leaves and Stems: Leaves may become brittle, and stems can be thin due to impaired protein synthesis.
  • Reduced Aroma and Potency: Lower levels of terpenes and cannabinoids can result in a less aromatic and potent harvest.

Grow dots - depending on how much you applied and how long it's been, they could be depleted. Or there could be an excess of salt in the soil from them.

The watering system I can't wait for myself. I know there is a learning. Curve. They do offer different emitters sprayers and drippers. Irrigation supply. That might allow you to dial it in! You got this!
Hi OGP. I just want to say thanks before anything else. It is great to get knowledge from experienced growers and you have certainly responded to my queries thoroughly. I may have gone off course with the Grow Dots as I am using organic soil. They may be better suited for coco or low nutrient mediums, but hey- Real Growers is from Fort Collins, my home town! I like that. I will reach out to them today and see if they come back with any advice I can share here.

Hi OGP. I just want to say thanks before anything else. It is great to get knowledge from experienced growers and you have certainly responded to my queries thoroughly. I may have gone off course with the Grow Dots as I am using organic soil. They may be better suited for coco or low nutrient mediums, but hey- Real Growers is from Fort Collins, my home town! I like that. I will reach out to them today and see if they come back with any advice I can share here.
That's what we are all here for.

Whether it's right or wrong I will keep trying! In certainly not experienced. I go down a lot of rabbit holes with my own growing. I read a lot of bs.

I don't think grow dots in organic soil is an issue. I just wonder if you applied to much, or little. How long it's been since last feeding...? They seem like a time release fertilizer. Which can be good and bad. The good it feeds at a set rate, regardless. The bad, it may be too much or not enough. Then it's hard for you to determine what it needs. If you were feeding a nutrient line, it would be getting what your giving it. Makes it a bit easier to control. Don't give up! It gets easier. If your looking for similar feeding line @GeoFlora Nutrients Ive used and so have many others here. IT gives pretty damn good results, for a set it and forget feed system. It does have a lovely smell. . .:) 😄

My newer leaves sometimes look that way maybe hold off on the water actually. The rest of the leaves look good on the neck. Just the top has the curl. Is it all rainy there? The humidity in the air is high it'll cause the leaves to do funny things too. Nothings brown or crispy so that's always a blessing.
Here is a quick morning update. I hit them with a watering yesterday using the Recharge from Real Growers which is part of the Grow Dots program. Recharge is a tea with microbes and molasses and I have noticed that the plants love this. Ive been giving it once a week as prescribed. There is still some curling on the new leaves of Gorilla Cookies #1 plant, but Im choosing to let it go- It is just too easy to over think and cause your own problems. (Metaphor for life?) The plant seems to be going happily despite the funny curls on the baby leaves. It is putting on the most early buds so Im just going to feed and water and not attempt to "correct".

Thanks for all the encouragement. Now off to work..

Here is a quick morning update. I hit them with a watering yesterday using the Recharge from Real Growers which is part of the Grow Dots program. Recharge is a tea with microbes and molasses and I have noticed that the plants love this. Ive been giving it once a week as prescribed. There is still some curling on the new leaves of Gorilla Cookies #1 plant, but Im choosing to let it go- It is just too easy to over think and cause your own problems. (Metaphor for life?) The plant seems to be going happily despite the funny curls on the baby leaves. It is putting on the most early buds so Im just going to feed and water and not attempt to "correct".

Thanks for all the encouragement. Now off to work..
Looking good 👍🏼 I'll be following from here on out.... And just in time for the bud show 😁

Thanks for all the encouragement. Now off to work.
Nothing happens overnight. Growing is like watching the sunset, constantly evolving, then its gone! Have a great day!

WT*

Bro, its amazing that our seeds are the same age, same breeder, probably same batch, and you have THAT much bud already!?

Awesome man,:lot-o-toke:

WT*

Bro, its amazing that our seeds are the same age, same breeder, probably same batch, and you have THAT much bud already!?

Awesome man,:lot-o-toke:
I am sorry to hear yours are slower, but also supper psyched to know mine seem to be getting on well. I have been a little obsessed with each day. Going away tomorrow for 5 days and hoping my watering system is dialed.

Sulfur

Deficiency Symptoms​

Hi OGP
I have been fiddling around with the Vivosun watering system all week in anticipation of leaving town tomorrow for 5 days. I did some tests by setting up the emitters into a measure and timing them. I figured out that at this stage the plants seem to thrive on 30 minutes of water time which is roughly .75 ml per plant. I think there are some wet and dry zones, but that is only visible from the top. I think below the surface the water is spreading out nicely and the plants seem to be thriving. I hope I can say that Wednesday when I get home...

Hi friends
I think the plants have turned the corner a bit and have taken off this week. I had to raise the light this morning. Looking back on it I suspect the curling young leaves and slower growth was a reaction to LST. They needed about a week to feel better after I laid them over.
The soil is mixed with Grow Dots Autoflower strength in the recommended proportions so I am resisting the urge to add much else. The program also calls for a tea with molasses and microbes 1-2x wk.
I have fiddled with the Vivosun drip watering system enough now that I am ready to go away for a few days. Fortunately we have a garden troll who stays home to check on things just in case.
I had to shoot a few pictures for you this morning because it looked like they had grown visibly overnight!

Hi friends
I think the plants have turned the corner a bit and have taken off this week. I had to raise the light this morning. Looking back on it I suspect the curling young leaves and slower growth was a reaction to LST. They needed about a week to feel better after I laid them over.
The soil is mixed with Grow Dots Autoflower strength in the recommended proportions so I am resisting the urge to add much else. The program also calls for a tea with molasses and microbes 1-2x wk.
I have fiddled with the Vivosun drip watering system enough now that I am ready to go away for a few days. Fortunately we have a garden troll who stays home to check on things just in case.
I had to shoot a few pictures for you this morning because it looked like they had grown visibly overnight!

They look great! Did you get your auto water setup right from the Vivosun website?

They look great! Did you get your auto water setup right from the Vivosun website?
Yes it was this one: Vivosun automatic drip system. I was skeptical at first as i worried about using two point emitters in each pot. But they seem to saturate the pot pretty will now that I have a feel for the supply rate of the system. Im giving about 30 mins per day. This wasn't intuitive since it comes with two-4 gal/hr emitters for what I would have figured was 8 gals per hour total. The plants were looking dry with my calculation of 7 mins run time so I pulled all the drippers and put them in a measuring bowl and ran the system. It puts out about 1 gal per hr.. So 30 mins per day has been good between my 3 plants.

Hi There,
I just had to share these shots of my Purple Banana Punch AF, Day 42. They survived and thrived while I went away for a few days. Credit Vivosun automatic drip system! Worked like a charm after I worked out the volume/time.
The plant looks beautiful! Its starting to get the purple color radiating from the center of the leaves and has some pretty fine pistls. And to think this was the "Bonus Seed" from Fastbuds.

Here are a few more pics of the tent. Last night I was so psyched about the Purple Banana Punch that I didn't get the whole picture posted for you. It is SUCH a great plant I want to do more of them, maybe next run. But choices.....So many choices when it comes to seeds and genetics.
You can see that the Gorilla Cookies are both growing tall and lanky (the two on the sides), and the Purple Banana is a little tighter (middle). I am really optimistic about how they will all stack on over the next 3-6 weeks. I can't believe it is just day 42! If I don't mess this up it is going to be sweet.
Last night I paused the Vivosun water system and mixed up some Recharge from Real Growers. This is the only thing I'm going to feed (unless I change my mind). The soil is Build A Soil Light with Real Growers Grow Dots time release nutes. So I am fighting with myself to keep a light hand since I have all kinds of bags of top dress, water soluble nutes, and other amendments just waiting to play.

Here are a few more pics of the tent. Last night I was so psyched about the Purple Banana Punch that I didn't get the whole picture posted for you. It is SUCH a great plant I want to do more of them, maybe next run. But choices.....So many choices when it comes to seeds and genetics.
You can see that the Gorilla Cookies are both growing tall and lanky (the two on the sides), and the Purple Banana is a little tighter (middle). I am really optimistic about how they will all stack on over the next 3-6 weeks. I can't believe it is just day 42! If I don't mess this up it is going to be sweet.
Last night I paused the Vivosun water system and mixed up some Recharge from Real Growers. This is the only thing I'm going to feed (unless I change my mind). The soil is Build A Soil Light with Real Growers Grow Dots time release nutes. So I am fighting with myself to keep a light hand since I have all kinds of bags of top dress, water soluble nutes, and other amendments just waiting to play.

Looking good Stonecrusher! That's quite a bit of buddage and they all are doing it! I rarely see autos sync up and cooperate in such a manner.

I've used Grow Dots for several grows and notice that around day 60 they will lose their punch. Around then, leaves begin to yellow and fall away. I've always had to supplement my Grow Dots plants with other nutrients to get them to the finish. I use the "flower" stage formula of other nutrient lines (doesn't seem to matter which one you choose) to the finish.

I should say, however, that all of my Grow Dot plants were photos not autos. By day 42 in one of my grows, the plants may have just been flipped. Your autos are way more advanced at the same age.

How much Grow Dots did you put in each pot? Your plants look like they have a decent chance of finishing up on the Dots or getting very close!

How is it going @Stonecrusher

I hope you don't mind I stopped by to check out your grow. :welldone:
Your girls look happy and healthy.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Hi
Thanks for checking it out. Its snowing here but the tent is warm and humid and the plants seem to like it! I am really enjoying making the first grow journal.
Regards

Looking good Stonecrusher! That's quite a bit of buddage and they all are doing it! I rarely see autos sync up and cooperate in such a manner.

I've used Grow Dots for several grows and notice that around day 60 they will lose their punch. Around then, leaves begin to yellow and fall away. I've always had to supplement my Grow Dots plants with other nutrients to get them to the finish. I use the "flower" stage formula of other nutrient lines (doesn't seem to matter which one you choose) to the finish.

I should say, however, that all of my Grow Dot plants were photos not autos. By day 42 in one of my grows, the plants may have just been flipped. Your autos are way more advanced at the same age.

How much Grow Dots did you put in each pot? Your plants look like they have a decent chance of finishing up on the Dots or getting very close!
Hi Grand Daddy Black,
This is my first grow with Grow Dots so I followed the directions on the packets. I used the Grow Dots Classic formula, which is recommended for autos vs. the Extended Veg formula which is for photos. I used 1-75g bag per 5 gal pot into light organic soil.
Did you also use the Recharge supplement? I have been giving them Recharge once a week as prescribed on the packet as well. I notice an almost immediate response from the plants, they seem to love it. The ingredients are molasses and microbes.
Im really glad you brought up the running out of nutes. I am doing my best to just ride it out because nothing is wrong now. According to the marketing on the Real Growers website the Grow Dots
Feeds 4-6 Weeks of Veg, then 8-10 Weeks of Bloom. My plants are just 6 weeks old so I feel like I should just sit tight. However I wonder if it wouldn't hurt to do a little top dress with some organic bloom booster right now just to stay ahead of any problems.
Your opinion would be welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom