Stonecrusher's Garage: Gorilla Cookies Auto And Purple Banana Punch Auto

I should add that I will keep one container to the side. I use that used soil to start sprouts up in. Rather, that’s what I’m doing from now on instead of the seedling mix. This makes transitions and sprouting easier since the microbes and nutrients are the same ones that will be used in growing.

I agree with @InTheShed for a few reasons. You could likely get away with just top dressing, depending on how much you pulled out of the pot at harvest. However, you don’t want to find out week 3 of flower that your container ran out of gas, or run into compaction problems in the middle of stretch.

Getting the soil back out and mixed up will let you break up any compaction threats, while bringing in a bunch of healthy oxygen for the microbes. This will also help you get good organic matter back near the root zones instead of the top few layers. There’s also the possibility that the containers have leeched nutrients out during the winter. If you’ve had heavy rains that could be a real possibility.

To me, it’s worth it getting it out and mixed up and ready to go again. That way if you do run into issues you’ve already removed a bunch of possibilities.
:thanks:

I am prepping and planning for the summer grow. I started a few seeds which I will elaborate on in a new journal for this run. Right now I am debating a few questions and hoping to get some feedback.

Here are my outdoor pots. I have 2-20 gal, and 1-30 gal pots and have been sitting outdoors next to the house all winter since I parked them after last summer's harvest. They contain Build A Soil 3.0 mix. Im debating between making new soil or top dressing and amending the old, but leaving it in the pot.
Question:
Should I recharge the pots with a top dress of worm castings, Build A Soil Craft Blend nute pack, and compost? Or should I empty pots and re-amend soil then refill?
Im tagging a few folks who have been helpful. @InTheShed @OGpapa @Grand Daddy Black @JiggiLotus
I'd personally mix half and half old/new soil. Then maybe amend a little with worm castings. I love that stuff!! Plants were beautiful!! Well done Growmie!! Happy Saturday!! 😎✌️

Hi @Stonecrusher !!
Really nice plants!!
I just want to ask if your plants are still on... i have exactly the same seeds from the same seeds bank. Mine are 14 days old ( if you want you can check on my grow journal ) Im curious about the dry yield too.
I wish you big buds! 😁
I would just pm you but i need 50 posts 😅 to do that... srry
Hi Baba
The plants are just shy of 10 weeks today, 68 days. They are slowing down a bit and the leaves are starting to get "fall colors". I was checking the trichrome development and the 2 Gorilla Cookies are still clear, the Banana Purple Punch has is a little closer with the occasional amber trichrome so I will probably take it first, then wait for the trichs to indicate when to take the GCs.
I would have liked the plants to stretch more. They look great, but I see some examples of the GCs getting pretty large in some other journals. I am going to do another run form FastBuds. They have a sale right now 5 free seeds with 5 pruchased. I found a 5 pack for $25!! and got ten seeds for under $30 shipped. They are a variety pack with no specific label so Im kind of excited to see what develops.
How are they starting? Ill hop over to your journal and check it out.

Mine same age, as stones, and no purple yet,No even a tiny bit of purple,
wild
Hi Mayne,
It is interesting that the purple on mine is so dark it looks black until you look through a glass, then you see deep purples. Hopefully the smoke will have you seeing purple!

I should add that I will keep one container to the side. I use that used soil to start sprouts up in. Rather, that’s what I’m doing from now on instead of the seedling mix. This makes transitions and sprouting easier since the microbes and nutrients are the same ones that will be used in growing.
Hi Keffa,
I took some time and read some of you posts regarding soil biomes and I am into your thinking. For the future im going to do everything I can to bring the cultures with the soil. I do prefer germinating in the final pot, and watering carefully. One trick ive seen that Id like to run past you is using microrisae (sp?), in the seed hole. I have some Root Wise I like to put in the hole with the seed when I plant. That way it is already in contact with beneficial microbes.
Ill definitely be adding 30% of old soil to my new mix this year.

Morning friends.
Day 70 Fastbuds Autos
Ive gotten a bit behind with updates on the current grow. Ive been doing a lot of following, but flailing on the posting. So here is an update.
Ill commit this post to the Banana Purple Punch. This plant has been a joy and a treasure. Never too tall, but oh so wide, the colas are like softballs. It was visually stunning with dark purple hews that verge on black, and the buds are sooo purple! You will see here that even the trichromes come in a rainbow of colors. It should be nearing maturity, but so far only a hint of amber.
She is showing off here
Trichromes in lavender, pink, and purple!
Still not much amber

A separate post for the Gorilla Cookies
Day 70
I had two of the CGs from Fastbuds. One has more typical structure with citrussy sweet smelling buds. The other has the structure of a whale carcass, meaning it looks like a rib cage from something washed up on the beach. This particular plant was a bit funny from the start. It developed a lot of 3 fingered leaves, and had trouble with leaves turning rust colored and dying off halfway through flower. My observation is that it didn't like the Recharge I was using as part of the Grow Dots regime. I went back to plain H2O and it seemed better and recently started top dress with some Roots Organics dry amendments which it seems to like and is producing some loud dank smells. I think both GC plants will go another 10 days at least before harvest.
The 2 Gorilla Cookies are very different plants, in structure, smell, and how each responded to nutrients. Have you experienced this from your grows?

Im about to start the summer seeds. There are already a variety of seedlings over a week old, and I just put the new auto seeds in Coir Coins to sprout. Ill have to start a new grow journal, so this is just a preview.
I want to mention the awesome deal I got from @FastBuds . They are having a 4/20 sale this month which is basically a 5 seed BOGO. They have one option for a Mix Pack Auto which is a grab bag of 5 auto seeds. The catch is they are random strains. I like a mystery so I picked up 10 seeds for $31 shipped! This should make for a good grow journal and I can even ask ya'll to try to identify the strain as it grows.

A separate post for the Gorilla Cookies
Day 70
I had two of the CGs from Fastbuds. One has more typical structure with citrussy sweet smelling buds. The other has the structure of a whale carcass, meaning it looks like a rib cage from something washed up on the beach. This particular plant was a bit funny from the start. It developed a lot of 3 fingered leaves, and had trouble with leaves turning rust colored and dying off halfway through flower. My observation is that it didn't like the Recharge I was using as part of the Grow Dots regime. I went back to plain H2O and it seemed better and recently started top dress with some Roots Organics dry amendments which it seems to like and is producing some loud dank smells. I think both GC plants will go another 10 days at least before harvest.
The 2 Gorilla Cookies are very different plants, in structure, smell, and how each responded to nutrients. Have you experienced this from your grows?

I can't wait to see that day 😅😱

A couple of days ago I was trimming leaves from the Banana Purple Punch and pinched off a good size nug. At first I was pissed, then I decided to check for ripeness. Plant is 75 days from seedling and I see only clear and frosty trichs. So im riding it out a bit.
The Gorilla Cookies is even less mature at 75 days with some new pistls still coming out and only clear/cloudy trichs.
I have to say I am really happy with the plants. They arent huge, but they are the best autos I've grown so far. Following along with all the conversation here has really helped me begin to get things dialed.
The last pic of my summer outdoor grow. They are now already seedlings and on to the 3rd set of leaves. Ive chosen Seed Supreme feminized photos including:
Afghan Super Skunk
Alien OG
AK-47
Harlequin - a CBD 9%, THC 5% This my first CBD plant, and something I only considered after joining up here.
Ill be setting up a new grow journal when I get my ass in gear but for now the last pic is a preview.

A couple of days ago I was trimming leaves from the Banana Purple Punch and pinched off a good size nug. At first I was pissed, then I decided to check for ripeness. Plant is 75 days from seedling and I see only clear and frosty trichs. So im riding it out a bit.
The Gorilla Cookies is even less mature at 75 days with some new pistls still coming out and only clear/cloudy trichs.
I have to say I am really happy with the plants. They arent huge, but they are the best autos I've grown so far. Following along with all the conversation here has really helped me begin to get things dialed.
The last pic of my summer outdoor grow. They are now already seedlings and on to the 3rd set of leaves. Ive chosen Seed Supreme feminized photos including:
Afghan Super Skunk
Alien OG
AK-47
Harlequin - a CBD 9%, THC 5% This my first CBD plant, and something I only considered after joining up here.
Ill be setting up a new grow journal when I get my ass in gear but for now the last pic is a preview.
Niiiiice!! do you have an estimate of the weight of the two gorilla cookies? mine seem to end up the same size as yours.

Niiiiice!! do you have an estimate of the weight of the two gorilla cookies? mine seem to end up the same size as yours.
I couldn't even estimate since I don't usually weigh my harvest. I hope that is ok around here. Probably 2-3 quart jars each after trim and dry.

I have a question about when to harvest. Most often I would go by the 10-20% amber trichrome technique. But I have seen some take over 100 days to reach that. What If I harvest now with 50% cloudy. Is the quality difference significant? They plants seem mature enough to take and I feel impatient.

I have a question about when to harvest. Most often I would go by the 10-20% amber trichrome technique. But I have seen some take over 100 days to reach that. What If I harvest now with 50% cloudy. Is the quality difference significant? They plants seem mature enough to take and I feel impatient.
🤣🤣 i feel you! a wise man once said that when you think it's ready, wait another week :yummy:

Anytime I've taken a plant with less than 75-80% it was a mistake (or a must chop issue) on my part. Personally I feel like 50% would be too early and may affect the end quality. Just my 2 cents. But your plants are looking great Growmie!! Happy Tuesday to you!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom