Stonecrusher's Garage: Gorilla Cookies Auto And Purple Banana Punch Auto

Cool, you fed them at the "heavy" rate of 3 tsps. per gallon of soil!

I do use the Recharge. The plants seem to love it, whether they're being grown on Grow Dots or something else!

I'd be reluctant to try a an organic bloom booster near the end by itself. I think something with a little more N, like a flower-stage nutrient is what's needed, not more P & K. This is my past experience talking. I'm no nutrient expert -- not even close -- but that is what has worked for me.

Then again, I was trying to get photoperiods to the end. With your autos, your bloom booster plan might be the way to go! :Rasta:

I do use the Recharge. The plants seem to love it, whether they're being grown on Grow Dots or something else!

I'd be reluctant to try a an organic bloom booster near the end by itself. I think something with a little more N, like a flower-stage nutrient is what's needed, not more P & K. This is my past experience talking. I'm no nutrient expert -- not even close -- but that is what has worked for me.

Then again, I was trying to get photoperiods to the end. With your autos, your bloom booster plan might be the way to go! :Rasta:
I am still trying to just stay calm, let things grow, and wait. I think that everything is in place for a good finish in 4-5 weeks. I think I may increase the Recharge to 2x week. As long as they don't do anything funny.
So for now I won't top dress. I went to the Real Growers website and read everything they had on the Grow Dots. If they work as claimed I should be set for up to 13 weeks, but planning to harvest at 10-12 weeks. Stay tuned

I am still trying to just stay calm, let things grow, and wait. I think that everything is in place for a good finish in 4-5 weeks. I think I may increase the Recharge to 2x week. As long as they don't do anything funny.
So for now I won't top dress. I went to the Real Growers website and read everything they had on the Grow Dots. If they work as claimed I should be set for up to 13 weeks, but planning to harvest at 10-12 weeks. Stay tuned
Looking forward to it SC! :Rasta:

While nitrogen is important in flowering. It is minimally needed. Plants have additional demands for phosphorus and potassium, so it's worth giving them extra stimulation for flower development. Giving you bigger denser nuggets

While nitrogen is important in flowering. It is minimally needed. Plants have additional demands for phosphorus and potassium, so it's worth giving them extra stimulation for flower development. Giving you bigger denser nuggets
I agree OGP.

But I believe that at around 50-60 days the Grow Dots have completely expended their N and cannot provide even the minimal amount that you mention. But I also believe that the Dots still contain some P & K at the 50-60 day point, and that adding a bloom booster at that time might lead to issues relating to excess P & K.

Again, I'm basing my thoughts on trying to get photoperiods to the end, not autos. I'm not even certain why using another line of bloom nutrients has worked as well as it has. It would seem that adding bloom nutes at 50-60 days would also cause some excess P & K issues, but that hasn't been my experience. Maybe, adding a bloom nute at that point (when the Dots still have some P & K remaining) has nearly the same effect as adding a bloom booster!

Someone smarter than me needs to look into it.

I've got a big head but it's not fully packed! 😁

I agree OGP.

But I believe that at around 50-60 days the Grow Dots have completely expended their N and cannot provide even the minimal amount that you mention. But I also believe that the Dots still contain some P & K at the 50-60 day point, and that adding a bloom booster at that time might lead to issues relating to excess P & K.

Again, I'm basing my thoughts on trying to get photoperiods to the end, not autos. I'm not even certain why using another line of bloom nutrients has worked as well as it has. It would seem that adding bloom nutes at 50-60 days would also cause some excess P & K issues, but that hasn't been my experience. Maybe, adding a bloom nute at that point has nearly the same effect as adding a bloom booster!

Logical. I have no experience with the dots. But have dealt with severe p and k deficiency in flower.

Logical. I have no experience with the dots. But have dealt with severe p and k deficiency in flower.
Yeah, I've been there too OGP. Not pretty. :straightface:

I agree OGP.

Again, I'm basing my thoughts on trying to get photoperiods to the end, not autos. I'm not even certain why using another line of bloom nutrients has worked as well as it has. It would seem that adding bloom nutes at 50-60 days would also cause some excess P & K issues, but that hasn't been my experience. Maybe, adding a bloom nute at that point (when the Dots still have some P & K remaining) has nearly the same effect as adding a bloom booster!

I think you have a good point. If the grow dots run out of Nitrogen around 50-60 days then I am right on schedule considering my autoflowers are just getting into full bloom at day 45 (today) and will benefit from the switch from N to P&K as the flowering progresses. So adding P&K is probably excessive considering I'm using a product that already delivers it.
The hardest part of this job is sitting back an NOT doing anything. Now that I have the watering mostly automated (except for supplemental Recharge top water feeding), there is not much to do but go out to the garage, smoke a bong hit, and look through the tent window again. Then come here and see whos talking on the forums. In fact, if it weren't for the 420 forums, I'd probably have tortured the plants to death by now!
Hey GDB, if your head isn't fully packed then there is always room for more! At least your bowls are probably "fully packed".

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Lets keep it GREEN!
Today is Sunday, day 46 since seeds popped on the Fastbuds autoflowers: Gorilla Cookies (2 plants), Purple Banana Punch (1 plant). They are just growing happily in the garage tent. I feel I may have a situation of overcrowding about to begin. The Gorilla Cookies are spreading out and up quite a bit and I can see we will eventually be kind of tight in the 2x4 tent. Ive had to move them to keep off the sides of the tent, but they are going to grow into the tent in the next weeks. I wonder if 2 plants is better in this space...But no turning back now.

I want to ask a question. How often do you check your plants? I find myself in the garage every few hours on my days off and evenings. Not just a hobby, its an obsession!

So my big question for friends on the forum today is what to do about leveling the plants. The two Gorilla Cookies are stretching toward the light and tips of the branches are at ~12" from my light. The Purple Punch plant is more compact and is ~8" lower at its tips. The Gorilla Cookies plants force me to lift the light farther and farther away form the Purple Banana plant. Im thinking of leveling out plants at a kind of "average" height.

Looking good Man. Buds are forming nicely. Im with ya on room. Im getting ready to tie down some how. BPP is running on me, lol.

As for yours and spreading out to level off, might not be an option. i think if you try to even soft knuckle them, they might snap, they look pretty thick. but if you do try, id say its best to keep them in their own 1/3rd of the tent, so tie down north and south, and not east to west. Hope you understand what im sayin, lol..

Lookin great tho man, nice coloring, i havnt seen a hint of purple yet, lol..

Looking good Man. Buds are forming nicely. Im with ya on room. Im getting ready to tie down some how. BPP is running on me, lol.

As for yours and spreading out to level off, might not be an option. i think if you try to even soft knuckle them, they might snap, they look pretty thick. but if you do try, id say its best to keep them in their own 1/3rd of the tent, so tie down north and south, and not east to west. Hope you understand what im sayin, lol..

Lookin great tho man, nice coloring, i havnt seen a hint of purple yet, lol..
I think Ill have to do my leveling by raising or lowering the pots. I may tie some of the branches off to keep them a little tighter rather than spreading out.
As for BPP I'm definitely getting color, but it looks more black than purple. It sure is pretty though.

I think Ill have to do my leveling by raising or lowering the pots. I may tie some of the branches off to keep them a little tighter rather than spreading out.
As for BPP I'm definitely getting color, but it looks more black than purple. It sure is pretty though.
That sounds like a plan Stonecrusher. Looks like all you need is something underneath the plant in the middle. (I have a big, unabridged dictionary that would be perfect under that saucer! :Rasta:)

The plants are looking noice! :yummy:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Lets keep it GREEN!
Today is Sunday, day 46 since seeds popped on the Fastbuds autoflowers: Gorilla Cookies (2 plants), Purple Banana Punch (1 plant). They are just growing happily in the garage tent. I feel I may have a situation of overcrowding about to begin. The Gorilla Cookies are spreading out and up quite a bit and I can see we will eventually be kind of tight in the 2x4 tent. Ive had to move them to keep off the sides of the tent, but they are going to grow into the tent in the next weeks. I wonder if 2 plants is better in this space...But no turning back now.

I want to ask a question. How often do you check your plants? I find myself in the garage every few hours on my days off and evenings. Not just a hobby, its an obsession!

So my big question for friends on the forum today is what to do about leveling the plants. The two Gorilla Cookies are stretching toward the light and tips of the branches are at ~12" from my light. The Purple Punch plant is more compact and is ~8" lower at its tips. The Gorilla Cookies plants force me to lift the light farther and farther away form the Purple Banana plant. Im thinking of leveling out plants at a kind of "average" height.

Looks like I'm late to the party but your plants look nice! As far as leveling the canopies alot of people use the scrog method but idk if it's to late in flowering for that. You can kind of manipulate the branches through the netting.

Maybe you can bend or train the higher colas somehow to make them even with the others just don't snap main stalk lol I seen you used some torture techniques early on lol.

Looks like I'm late to the party but your plants look nice! As far as leveling the canopies alot of people use the scrog method but idk if it's to late in flowering for that. You can kind of manipulate the branches through the netting.

Maybe you can bend or train the higher colas somehow to make them even with the others just don't snap main stalk lol I seen you used some torture techniques early on lol.
Hi 2 by 2
These plants are now 48 days old autoflowers. Since they are already in full bloom and only have ~3 weeks to go I will just use something to raise the middle plant up a bit. I don't think Id get much benefit from leveling the canopy using a screen or LST (but I could be wrong). I began with one LST technique, just bending the main stalk over and spreading out the branches a bit. I think this did some good by encouraging the branches to grow as high as the main cola. In fact the side branches exploded when I did the training. It was very cool to watch.

Hi 2 by 2
These plants are now 48 days old autoflowers. Since they are already in full bloom and only have ~3 weeks to go I will just use something to raise the middle plant up a bit. I don't think Id get much benefit from leveling the canopy using a screen or LST (but I could be wrong). I began with one LST technique, just bending the main stalk over and spreading out the branches a bit. I think this did some good by encouraging the branches to grow as high as the main cola. In fact the side branches exploded when I did the training. It was very cool to watch.
Oh yea, @Grand Daddy Black also mentioned than an unabridged dictionary would work well for this. I think he is right since this is probably the best use of a dictionary at this point in the world:) In fact I think it could make my plants smarter!

While fiddling around with my plants today I noticed that one of the two Gorilla Cookies plants just doesn't look as good as the other. Ive been seeing it for a while now, and if you remember I had some curling young leaves that I couldn't quite explain. I looked closer and noticed that none of the leaves were 5 fingered. Nearly all the leaves on this plant are 4s and 3s. Take a look at the pictures.
So is this a genetic defect? Or is it due to something I did? The only thing I can think of is the LST at week 4. I don't know how I missed this detail before, but it could have something to do with my pre bud tending ritual..

Gorilla Cookies Mutant

Tools of the trade

I doubt that anything you did caused that, Stonecrusher.

While fiddling around with my plants today I noticed that one of the two Gorilla Cookies plants just doesn't look as good as the other. Ive been seeing it for a while now, and if you remember I had some curling young leaves that I couldn't quite explain. I looked closer and noticed that none of the leaves were 5 fingered. Nearly all the leaves on this plant are 4s and 3s. Take a look at the pictures.
So is this a genetic defect? Or is it due to something I did? The only thing I can think of is the LST at week 4. I don't know how I missed this detail before, but it could have something to do with my pre bud tending ritual..

Gorilla Cookies Mutant

Tools of the trade
That's one of those crazy offspring kids aye!?!? Pretty wild. Happy Friday. Hope it grows out great for you.😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom