Stonecrusher's Garage: Gorilla Cookies Auto And Purple Banana Punch Auto

@g-one-three @ThirdUncle @Mayne @OGpapa @Greenbushscrogger
Good evening friends,
I did an update to my journal last night and realized I forgot to tag anyone, so Im hanging out here all alone. I figured the best way to fix that was to tag a few of you. Please look over my progress with the autoflowers. They seem to be shaping up nicely.
Hey man I'm sorry, I read your journal post this morning and didn't hit send on my response lol it's been a long couple of days.

Things look great. That banana purple punch is really taking off tons of undergrowth coming up!

Hey bud! Healthy looking ladies! I'm doing some torture training aswell

She devil

20240226_090950.jpg

20240226_090939.jpg
Torture indeed. What is that in the first picture? Looks kind of like a block of ice. For my LST I am bending the main cola nearly parallel to the ground, then leaf tucking and also staking out some of the longer branches to keep everything even.

The plant was a triplet, I placed an amethyst skull in the center of the stalks to keep them away from each other to give them room to grow. Then I was like wtf I'm gonna braid this shit

20240222_101013.jpg

20240216_180532.jpg

20240216_180513.jpg
The skull really adds style to the whole thing! I was going to ask if you tied them in an overhand knot like your shoes, but you went one better by braiding them! Ill definitely be following.

Hey man I'm sorry, I read your journal post this morning and didn't hit send on my response lol it's been a long couple of days.

Things look great. That banana purple punch is really taking off tons of undergrowth coming up!
Hi thanks for checking in. Post a few pics when you can. I already see the diff between the Gorilla Cookies and the Banana Purple Punch. The GCs are stretching out a little while the BPP is staying tight meaning I may need to defoliate a little to expose the bud sights. Im trying to stress the plants as little as possible so they veg as long as possible, so far Ive resisted taking any leaves.

Torture indeed. What is that in the first picture? Looks kind of like a block of ice. For my LST I am bending the main cola nearly parallel to the ground, then leaf tucking and also staking out some of the longer branches to keep everything even.
It's an amethyst skull 💀

Hi thanks for checking in. Post a few pics when you can. I already see the diff between the Gorilla Cookies and the Banana Purple Punch. The GCs are stretching out a little while the BPP is staying tight meaning I may need to defoliate a little to expose the bud sights. Im trying to stress the plants as little as possible so they veg as long as possible, so far Ive resisted taking any leaves.
So I got in the habit of tucking or super cropping the leaves to get them out of the way. The tucking is something you kind have to do every day until the budsites grow above the leaf. You could also just use twine, twisty ties, pipe cleaners or something like that and tie the leaves out of the way. That way the plant can still use/cannibalize the leaf if it needs too and the bud sites are able to develop as well. I did most of my defoliating post stretch on my photo plants, I'm not super sure about when you do it on autos.

I personally nip the fingers off the leafs. Instead of remover the entire leaf, I will just leave the middle finger. Its seems to stress the plant less. Im experimenting on this run, never did autos before, so tryn to see outcome and effects of doing this. Works great on photos i think

I personally nip the fingers off the leafs. Instead of remover the entire leaf, I will just leave the middle finger. Its seems to stress the plant less. Im experimenting on this run, never did autos before, so tryn to see outcome and effects of doing this. Works great on photos i think
How's it working out so far?

Good morning
I couldn't sleep this morning because I was thinking about my new Vivosun watering system. So I got up and headed for the garage.
I bought it a couple of weeks ago but have been a little slow to implement. It consists of a small submersible pump and up to 8 watering stakes. I have two in each 5 gal pot. I tested it briefly last week when I went away but really didn't have time for proper setup so we turned it off and my garden troll hand watered for me.
Yesterday I was able to run a test and find out how much the system actually delivers. I removed all the watering spikes and put them in 3 glasses, to simulate 3 pots, and started the pump. It delivered ~10 oz of water each 5 mins, and I was pleased to see the delivery is consistent. Each watering stake was dripping at the same rate.
So last night I ran it 15 mins, which should be about 30oz (~1L). I returned a bit later and things looked good, plants perked up after looking a little wilty from dry down. I ran it again this morning for 10 mins (20oz). I think the plants will be happy with about 30 mins per day at their current size. So I plan to setup the timer tonight and see if we can't get the watering automated. Stay tuned for updates.

The middle plant seems to be going a little slower than the other two. It started out great, but some time after LST it began to get some curling at the tips of the new leaves. Take a look and see if you have any ideas. It does not look like any of the leaf charts Ive studied, but the twisting leaves symptom usually leads to a Zinc deficiency. I just don't understand why this is happening with the middle plant, Gorilla Cookies ( and very slightly with the Left plant), but the Purple Banana Punch looks perfect!
Twisty baby leaves! Slower growing...
@Mayne @InTheShed @JiggiLotus @OGpapa

The middle plant seems to be going a little slower than the other two. It started out great, but some time after LST it began to get some curling at the tips of the new leaves. Take a look and see if you have any ideas. It does not look like any of the leaf charts Ive studied, but the twisting leaves symptom usually leads to a Zinc deficiency. I just don't understand why this is happening with the middle plant, Gorilla Cookies ( and very slightly with the Left plant), but the Purple Banana Punch looks perfect!
Give her a day or two to adjust to the LST, it's unnatural for the plant to be repositioned so you don't want to stress her out more. Clean water if needed, small sips. In a day or 2 she should liven up, if not then we got to consult the other Ninja growers :Namaste:

My newer leaves sometimes look that way maybe hold off on the water actually. The rest of the leaves look good on the neck. Just the top has the curl. Is it all rainy there? The humidity in the air is high it'll cause the leaves to do funny things too. Nothings brown or crispy so that's always a blessing.

Here are a few charts I use for quick reference.

Stress can cause some issues. But I feel yours looks more nutrient related. Look at the immobile nutrient chart above.

Be sure to monitor your watering, and give them time to fully dry in between. Check emitters are saturating full areas, not just leaving wet spots in your soil, and other areas dry.

I know you mentioned you use grow dots, which one? And how long since you have last applied? How much? I don't know a lot about them. Just curious.

Screenshot_20240305_123919_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240305_123913_Chrome.jpg

For anyone here reading this, thanks for checking in on my first grow diary. After long deliberation I decided to make this an autoflower run. It should finish up just in time to sprout my outdoor seeds. I chose 2 Gorilla Cookies Autos from Fastbuds and they included a Banana Purple Punch Auto for the bonus seed. I was super happy to see the Banana purple punch since I had great luck with Banana Kush Autos last year.

Here are the details:
Strain/s: Fastbuds Gorilla Cookies Auto and Banana Purple Punch
Genetic Makeup: G.C. are 55% indica, B.P.P. are 75% indica
Pot/Bucket Size: 5 Gal fabric pots
Tent Size: 2'x4'
Grow Space: Cold 2 car garage in winter:(
How Many Plants: 3
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Full grow
Medium: Build A Soil Light with grow dots, possibly added coco (still in Solo cups) will update
Lights: Vipar Spectra LS 2500 200wat
Nutrients: Grow Dots
Room/Tent Temperature: 70-80°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: NA
Pests: None
Watering: As needed, will update

PXL_20240203_213348976.jpg
Hello, I'm not commenting but asking a question if you would be willing to assist a fellow grower. I have grown in Coco only and use General Hydroponics nutes. I have used Fastbuds 420, IGLM and Barney's Farm for my beans. All autos on my 4th grow. I'm interested in your growing medium and the Grow dots? I have a SFr 2'8"×2'8" ×60" tall tent. I'm using a Mars Hydro FCE-3000 300 WATT grow bar light. I'm only using 2 gallon fabric pots. A 4" exhaust from spider Farmer and I do use a small dehumidifier to keep my babies in range. Indoor of course but in a travel trailer. That is the reason for the shorter height. I've done incredible with my THC content but my yields are def not on par. I do top w/in 21 days on fast growers. I have been growing 4 plants per grow and still not getting the yields I should. I'm moving up to a 4' by 2' tent and going to be putting in ir/uv supplemental lighting. I would love to hear what you think and about the medium, nutes and lighting Im using. You sound experienced and I could use any advice. Happy Growing! Mac

Hello, I'm not commenting but asking a question if you would be willing to assist a fellow grower. I have grown in Coco only and use General Hydroponics nutes. I have used Fastbuds 420, IGLM and Barney's Farm for my beans. All autos on my 4th grow. I'm interested in your growing medium and the Grow dots? I have a SFr 2'8"×2'8" ×60" tall tent. I'm using a Mars Hydro FCE-3000 300 WATT grow bar light. I'm only using 2 gallon fabric pots. A 4" exhaust from spider Farmer and I do use a small dehumidifier to keep my babies in range. Indoor of course but in a travel trailer. That is the reason for the shorter height. I've done incredible with my THC content but my yields are def not on par. I do top w/in 21 days on fast growers. I have been growing 4 plants per grow and still not getting the yields I should. I'm moving up to a 4' by 2' tent and going to be putting in ir/uv supplemental lighting. I would love to hear what you think and about the medium, nutes and lighting Im using. You sound experienced and I could use any advice. Happy Growing! Mac
Hi Madmac,
Just to be clear we probably have about the same amount of experience growing. This is my third year and the first two I only grew outdoors in my backyard. So Ive only had two harvests in the tent now. My first year outdoors was the best grow so far. Since then Ive been working to catch up with beginners luck. I do feel like I have a pretty good start on this grow though. It could be the one!
I have only used soil, mostly from Build A Soil since they are good Colorado company and I want to support my home state.
You say your plants are not getting as big as you want. My last autos were also stunted, check out this picture: They were in three gallon pots, and I used over-saturated soil to fill them and they were stunted from the beginning. They looked fine but didn't do much until week 5.
I went to 5 gal cloth pots to give the roots a little more room. I don't know much about growing in coco but that seems to be important with soil. The grow dots from Real Growers seemed like just the thing to make it simple. So far it is looking great. Each time I use the Recharge, weekly, they seem to really like it and surge a little. My only qualm is that I am not using organics when that is what Ive been used to. I will definitely update my journal as things progress. The plants are 5 weeks now and have 5 weeks to go.

Stunted Blue Dream Autos from last grow just before chop

PXL_20240207_030310154(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom