FelipeBlu’s Outdoor Hempy Photos & Autos 2020

@HashGirl

This is for Felonious

See how even the second node secondary stems are smaller than the third. This is why growers remove them when doing a quadline. But there’s plenty of time outdoors for them to actually become something productive.

Thanks, Felipe. Could you please clarify what the nodes are? Is the second node the part I've circled or is it the branches above?

Nodes.jpg

My experience has been that, for a short indoor grow (6 weeks or less of veg), the first and second nodes tend to be less productive. I find that it’s probably better to remove them so that the energy can go towards making bigger buds higher up. But for a outdoor grow, there’s enough time (and a moving fireball) for the second node, at least, to be worth keeping.

Is this applicable for autos as well?

Thanks Fred! I hope you’re having a stellar day!

Your Afghanis are going to be huge!

Yes, I saved bag seeds from one of the best Colombian reds I ever had - in Tallahassee, back in 1976. So don’t worry about dating yourself - we’re probably the same age!

The other saved seeds were from a pound of Oaxacan that I helped share with others ;) in the same period. It was very minty and euphoric, well, as much as I can recall. :laughtwo:

Thanks, Felipe. Could you please clarify what the nodes are? Is the second node the part I've circled or is it the branches above?

The area you circled is between the 2nd and 3rd nodes. The second node is the lowest set of stems shown in the photo - the first node growth was removed, and the node itself is slightly below the surface of the perlite. One of the 4th node stems is coming straight toward the camera.

Is this applicable for autos as well?

For Autos, I either top (above 4th node) and train, or if they are weak and runty, I just let em be. I typically don’t bother with removing anything below, unless it gets unruly.

The area you circled is between the 2nd and 3rd nodes. The second node is the lowest set of stems shown in the photo - the first node growth was removed, and the node itself is slightly below the surface of the perlite.

So, are nodes where the branches connect to the main stem?

Happy Thor’s day!

Today was initially forecast to be 93. So of course it hit 102 in the yard. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, but very windy (up to 25 mph), as the marine layer comes swooping in. I’d better tighten everyone’s bonds so they don’t get hurt.:p

Meanwhile, it looks like Ka3 has discovered her reservoir. I can always tell - when the main stem suddenly thickens and looks sturdy.
502A7411-D7D5-4E18-B97E-C72855ADCF22.jpeg

And Ka1 has a new home.
5C3DE167-5E19-48C0-8A0C-24B53BD061FC.jpeg

And finally, I put the apparently-germinated ColoRoja into a rooter.

2F81E263-93C9-4CFA-9C2E-A816FEA4DB8B.jpeg

Fingers crossed. :cheer:

Hope you’re headed towards smooth sailing. :surf:

I started removing the first set off my autos after the 3rd or 4th one. That lowest node made it a pain for watering and feeding, plus they never caught up to the rest of the plant. Maybe I'll try clipping the first two nodes on my next new plant/ clone. 45 year old weed seeds!!!!!!!! Even if it's a male you could re-introduce those old genes back into the Canna-Pool!

That’s a great idea, Agemon!

Will require some stringent social distancing!

That is not how procreation works!!! You gotta hold that male over the female and "Shake Shake Shake... Shake Shake Shake!"

It would be tricky. I don’t grow indoors anymore and I don’t think my neighbors are going to appreciate wandering pollen. And I don’t want to randomly impregnate any of my girls.

Let’s just see what’s on the other side of that bridge when we get there.

It would be tricky. I don’t grow indoors anymore and I don’t think my neighbors are going to appreciate wandering pollen. And I don’t want to randomly impregnate any of my girls.

Let’s just see what’s on the other side of that bridge when we get there.

Just a few sticky wickets... If you can you can.

Back
Top Bottom