HashGirl's First Indoor Grow: Dark Devil Autos In Hempy, 2020

Yeah - the closer ones of the buds on #1 looks like mostly orange hairs (stigmas). I’d say close but not quite. But it is very hard to tell from others pics sometimes.

Can you take a couple with flash of the whole plant? In some pics it looks like there’s still lots of white stigmas, but then in the bud shots not so much.

In any case I think you’ll be good to harvest within the next week or 2!

Very colorful! Looks mostly cloudy, which might be what you like? Don’t know? Snip off a small tester nugget from near the bottom (do they look as cloudy?). Dry it as slow as you can - maybe 2-3 days - and then torch a hit. It won’t taste that great, but you’ll get a sense of what kind of high that level of maturity will provide. Too racy? Wait a few more days and try again. You’ll find your preferred level.

Yeah - the closer ones of the buds on #1 looks like mostly orange hairs (stigmas). I’d say close but not quite. But it is very hard to tell from others pics sometimes.

Can you take a couple with flash of the whole plant? In some pics it looks like there’s still lots of white stigmas, but then in the bud shots not so much.

As per your request:

DDA1:

Photo 1 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 2 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2:

Photo 5 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 5- DDA2.jpeg

Photo 6 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 7 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 8 - DDA2.jpeg

Thank you, Amy. :love:

@Mr. Krip - This:

In any case I think you’ll be good to harvest within the next week or 2!

And, this:

Most of those feed charts will show four weeks of veg and eight weeks of bloom and, in the last two weeks of bloom, you'll see the nutes decreasing as they get towards what would be a pre-harvest flush (if you were going to flush your plants). If you're going to veg for longer than four weeks, you'd keep at week #3 doses (you can increase, but sticking there on the chart is what most of the nute manufacturers will recommend) until the transition. And, if you're going to flower longer than eight weeks, you stick at week #6 doses until two weeks before harvest, then start the decrease per the chart in weeks #11 and #12. :Namaste:

Should I start fertigating per Week 11 or 12 now?

Very colorful! Looks mostly cloudy, which might be what you like? Don’t know? Snip off a small tester nugget from near the bottom (do they look as cloudy?). Dry it as slow as you can - maybe 2-3 days - and then torch a hit. It won’t taste that great, but you’ll get a sense of what kind of high that level of maturity will provide. Too racy? Wait a few more days and try again. You’ll find your preferred level.

When you people say "cloudy", what does that mean exactly? To me, they look white. Is that what cloudy is?

I prefer an energetic, uplifting high. What shade should I be aiming for?

White is cloudy. Clear is like glass. And amber is like.. amber?

From those photos, if you like uplifting and energetic, you should harvest now! That’s how I like it, and all cloudy/white is perfect!

I harvested my DDAs this morning. My helper (Felonious) was very helpful. :battingeyelashes:

Here are photos of them hung for drying and then some of Felonious rinsing off the perlite:

DDA1:

Photo 1 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 6 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2:

Photo 2 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 8 - DDA2.jpeg

I will weigh them after they dry and post the weights here then.

Attachments

• Photo 5 - DDA1.jpeg
    Photo 5 - DDA1.jpeg
    863.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Photo 7 - DDA2.jpeg
    Photo 7 - DDA2.jpeg
    652.3 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for all the congrats. I doubt I'll get even an ounce off them but I couldn't have done even that without everyone's help here.

:thanks: :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Also, I've started my second grow journal. The new link is in my signature and I hope all of you are interested enough to follow along and help again, if you can.

Here's the link here, too: HashGirl's 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat

Good afternoon.

Here are the final photos along with the final tally of weight. I didn't even get an ounce. :(

IMG_0956.jpeg

DDA1:

IMG_5257.jpeg

DDA2:

IMG_7924.jpeg

And, that's it. Thanks for everyone's help. This grow is now complete. Please join me on my new grow journal, which you can find here - HashGirl's 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat.

:circle-of-love:

I think we about match HG! My first indoor, also an auto, yielded about 8-9grams :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’d wager that your DDA is tastier with a better high!!

It’s A beautiful jar full of purple happiness!
:passitleft:

Congratulations on getting them from seed to harvest! That’s an achievement no matter the size :love: and finishing the first grow doesn’t happen for everyone.

Onwards to the next one - where I think you’ll have more and better opportunities to learn from the plants about reading them etc. because you’re growing photoperiods. :thumb:

I'll just add the Smoke report and then, I think we'll really be done. :laughtwo:

Strain Name - Dark Devil Auto (DDA2)
Genetics - Big Devil XL x Purple Kush
When - February 2020
Price - Free
Type - Ruderalis
Appearance - Purply, fluffy buds
Smell - Spicy, musky
Method of Use - Smoked in a water bubbling pipe
Taste - Smooth, not harsh at all
Type of Buzz - It's a head high not a body stone, i.e. cerebral
Length of Buzz - 20 minutes?
Best Medicinal Use - Energetic, Active, Motivation, Creative
Overall - One thing I love about Dark Devil is that I don't feel hungry when taking it. I also like that it wakes me up a bit and makes me more alert. I like that it's a good clear-headed high and that it gives me more of an active high rather than a couch-lock high.

The nug I smoked:

Oops. Looks like I forgot to post the photo of the nug so here you go:

Never mind. Apparently, I no longer have a photo. Oh well, here's what the nug looks like now: :laughtwo:

DDA2 Burnt Nug.jpg

And, I hope you're happy with this photo because with me being high right now, as soon as I took the photo, I forgot it was in my hand and promptly dropped it all over the front of me. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom